It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dale Farm eviction: live

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
This eviction has cost £18m so far.... even if these families all paid taxes and paid all bills for the rest of their lives, It wouldn't come close to paying the EIGHTEEN MILLION POUNDS that this crap has cost.

Seriously.... just leave them [snip] alone and save some money.

This isn't about money or land or rights...

It's about human beings and treating them as less than such.
edit on 19/9/11 by masqua because: Edited censor circumvention

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

but to determine the place were someone belongs is to segregate would you like to be told were to live.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew
I don't know anything about this - but if this is what "Travelers" look like... I'm all for them setting up camp in my front yard!

*** This was the picture accompanied with the story.

You're extremely welcome to them.

They may look hot, but while you're drooling over them they will have your wallet out of your pocket and your shirt off your back before you can blink.

And no point calling the cops either, these 'hotties' will be laughing and long gone faster than you can dial.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Seriously.... just leave them the F alone and save some money.

wait till you get up one morning without power out due to the local pikeys have knicked the copper from the sub station or when they visit your local phone exchange and pull out all the copper wire or stopping the trains due to pinching all the signalling wire etc and thats before we get onto their ability to charge 1000's of pounds to vulnerable people for putting down tarmac so thin on peoples drives that you put more on your toast

and the list could continue

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenovni

Now, Guess which Britons have a right to do whatever they want with their land and no one can stop them? The queen and her ilk.

No they can't. Though I admit I do know some wealthy landowners who have flaunted the law and gotten away with it. Still, 2 wrongs do not make a right. If you get away with committing a crime, it does not mean I should be alowed to do so as well.

You do know that all of Britain is a Corporation, right?

No it isn't.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Yet this UK . GOV Website welcomes you to the "City of London Corporation"

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Listen, if we let the travellers stay where they are a precedent has been set... planning permission will cease to mean anything because a precedent has already been set by letting the travellers off. It would be a big mistake to back down. It's an issue of law plain and simple.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The channel 4 Dispatches program is just starting now.

Should be interesting.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll
reply to post by greenovni

PS. Why don't our UK brothers REALLY SAY that what bothers them about travelers is that they are different

Ha! they're different alright.

They are lawless crooks and criminals, who 'frog-march' elderly citizens to their banks to make sure they pay up £1000's for sub-standard work which they have no qualifications to carry out.

They will steal anything of yours even if it is nailed down. You can't even hang your washing out to dry, or kids toys on your own yard, because they will be gone before you can turn round.

They take down fences of private property, and set up camp in school playing fields. They use the community park area's as a toilet, taking a dump and discarding their filthy sanitary items. They leave their trash strewn about and burning vehicles. Hard-working tax-paying citizens of the communities they destroy have to pick up the tab to pay for cleaning up their disgusting, foul mess.

Their animal kids shout, swear and hurl obscenities and abuse at passers by so that they are scared to even look in their direction.

I could go on and on.

My town has had plenty of unpleasant experiences of gypsies, so yes, they certainly are different.

They have got their dreadful reputation wherever they go through their own doing.

Okay,..
So British soldiers shoot innocent people in Derry - All British soldiers are murdering scum!

English football fans riot whenever they go abroad - All English football fans are troublemakers!

American soldiers carry out the My Lai massacre in Vietnam - All American soldiers that served in vietnam were murdering, rapist monsters!

You can't tar every single person from a particular group with the same brush based on the actions of a few.
And before you ask, yes I have lived near travellers and never had any trouble with them. I know that there were a few bad characters in the mix but that is to be expected with any group of people.

Lots of hate-talk going on in this particular thread!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by StevenDye
Listen, if we let the travellers stay where they are a precedent has been set... planning permission will cease to mean anything because a precedent has already been set by letting the travellers off. It would be a big mistake to back down. It's an issue of law plain and simple.

I we let...

They OWN IT!

Issue of law: Can you or can you not use your property as you see fit OR is the property OWNED by the state and you are merely a tenant? That simple.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

I'm with you, they may not be your particular cup of tea, but they are still human beings.

The Roma have been living like this for a very long time, and not one country in Europe wants them.

They need a better plan that the bulldoze and move tactic they've been using, it just puts the problem off.

Kind of like the way American cities buy free bus tickets for homeless people to make them go away and be someone elses problem.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by cahlmac

The fact is they are all scum, how do they survive if they arent criminals?

Not one defender has answered that yet.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer

What?

How and why are "they" all scum.....

Disgusting comments.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
reply to post by cahlmac

Not one defender has answered that yet.

You can't say that they are all scum.
It's closed-minded people like yourself that create the divides between different communities.

What's happening at Dale Farm is obviously not right as they wre refused permission to build there, but the fact that they got an injunction to delay the eviction shows that the council must not be following the rules properly either?

I am just of the opinion that it is wrong to judge a certain section of society based on the worst people in it!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

Why not just leave them all [snip] alone and everyone just get along. Nobody's gotta be screwing over anyone we should all live as brothers and stop [snip] eachother maybe if people quit their meaningless financial slave jobs and everything else we wouldn't have this issue to begin with It's all because you and those like you don't believe that everyone has the right to fend for themselves [snip] gov if they tell you otherwise.
edit on 19/9/11 by masqua because: Edited multiple censor circumventions

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

They're barricading themselves in.. chaining themselves together and to walls..So what happens if they just "smoke them out," so to speak? Except with tear-gas.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I can't believe some idiot granted them extra time, they should've been moved on from there today.

I hate pikeys so much, criminals the lot of them. Got some living down the road in a house they bought but within days of moving in, the wife was running into the store by us crying with a kid in her arms asking people to call the police cause her husband had beat her again and he stormed in, punched her and dragged her back home.

That's just the latest thing I've seen about these people after decades of their kind living illegally in places, comitting crime (burglary, assault, you name it) and then pretending to be the victims when the law gets them to move on.

None of them in Dale End have my sympathy, they're all scum as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
What?

How and why are "they" all scum.....

Disgusting comments.

They are all criminals.

How did they get the money to live and to buy the farm if they dont have any jobs or any legal way of obtaining cash?

The squatters are even worse than this lot as they destroy other peoples property.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join