It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dale Farm eviction: live

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I have noticed on this thread that the majority who are rooting for the travellers do not live in the UK. You don't know what they're like because you and your famlies and friends have never been ripped off and/or robbed by these lawless people.

As for those who say 'they own the land, let them do what they want', well they ARE doing what they want regardless of whether there is legislation in place or not. Many Brits own their own land, but they cannot build on it without planning consent, even though their land isn't greenbelt.

And it is only the travellers who HAVEN'T got planning permission who are to be evicted. Half of the people on the site DO HAVE planning permission, and they will be allowed to stay.

They have won a reprieve today and it will be heard in the High Court on Friday. If they do win their appeal and be allowed to stay, can you imagine the hoardes of landowners across the UK who will follow suit in protest by building sub-standard shanty towns on their land without planning consent?

If the travellers can get away with it, then we all can. Fair is fair. We cannot have laws for us and none for them.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

Oh they build homes on their land without permission from the government but I have to .....

someone call a whaaaambulance quick!! Whiners like you deserve to have the government tell you what you can and can't do with your own property.

More power to them .... screw the government nanny state.

Maybe instead of whining you could support them and win more freedom back from your out of control government.

edit on 19-9-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
There are traveller communities in New Jersey and North Carolina and by all available information this group does seem to be packed filled with theives and con artists.

All that being said, take them out of the picture and ask your self the same question. Is it right for the government to tell a land owner what they can do with their property? It does not matter who the land owner is. The rules apply to everyone. So there are several things at issue here and they all revolve around property rights. Property is the basis of liberty. A government should not be in the position of arbitrary rule over the use of private property. I read the comments here and I suspect that the positions of most of the anti-travellers in this matter is because the people in question are travellers. Most of you seem to take the position that the local council must give you permisison to use your land. Good for your local council that you accept that otherwise you might get uppity and burn them out of their manor houses. The fact that the definition of "greenbelt" seems to revolve around how much "green" you can pay to the council to change their zoning should tell you that this is nothing more than a shakedown operation. The council dont like the pikeys so it does not matter what they want to do on the land they will be denied "permission".
I understand folks like you, we have tons of them here in the US as well. Local zoning nazis zero in on some land owner and it matters not what tha land owner does he is always going to be afoul of the zoning. Thing is we are getting fed up with this here in the US and we are getting close to the point of doing something violent about it.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

I think an ignorant few on here are coming across as simple minded as you can get. They bought the land full stop there should be not extra charge for what you want to build on it be you travellers or not.The taxation will only benefit the rich. I am a Roma gypsy but have never give my heritage any thought my mum on the other hand embraces her heritage.I am a well educated person. I have had over 50 homes in my 30 years of life.Two of my kids have been born in the home my mother lives in now which she have delivered her self so she would never leave now.We are not what the masses think we are. There a a few who are what your stereotypical comments suggest but that is in every cultured society but that is due to there economical surroundings. I would like to say that 99% of gypsy's do not claim wealth fare and show more of free thinking and free livening than most.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll
I have noticed on this thread that the majority who are rooting for the travellers do not live in the UK.
You don't know what they're like because you and your famlies and friends have never been ripped off and/or robbed by these lawless people.

As for those who say 'they own the land, let them do what they want', well they ARE doing what they want regardless of whether there is legislation in place or not. Many Brits own their own land, but they cannot build on it without planning consent, even though their land isn't greenbelt.

And it is only the travellers who HAVEN'T got planning permission who are to be evicted. Half of the people on the site DO HAVE planning permission, and they will be allowed to stay.

They have won a reprieve today and it will be heard in the High Court on Friday. If they do win their appeal and be allowed to stay, can you imagine the hoardes of landowners across the UK who will follow suit in protest by building sub-standard shanty towns on their land without planning consent?

If the travellers can get away with it, then we all can. Fair is fair. We cannot have laws for us and none for them.

Still don't get it?

You do not need PERMISSION to use your property as you, the OWNER see fit. If you own something, you do not need Permission!

Now, if that something is owned by someone else, then you do NEED PERMISSION!

Even if you call this a simplistic notion of ownership, it is what it is, OWNERSHIP.

You also say:

You don't know what they're like because you and your famlies and friends have never been ripped off and/or robbed by these lawless people.

So, what you mean is that your are not grown up enough to handle your own affairs and thus need the .gov tho get "these lawless people" away from you.

Consent, consent, consent, sound like a court trial on a date gone wrong. Let me ask you 2 question and please be honest.

Who's consent is needed when you are going to use your property?

If you need consent from a 3rd party in order to use your property, does that not mean YOU do not own it?

Permission, Allowed, Haven't got...

Is it starting to sink in for you? Only slaves / servants / non-owners NEED to request permission to use property and in your world view, Travelers!

Why don't you take a piece of paper and write down how many times in a month you ask permission from the state to do all kinds of things. At the end of the month, once you realize that you own nothing because ownership of everything (including your children) belongs to the state you can then ASK PERMISSION to write the queen and ask her where have your freedoms gone?

OMFG!!! The horror!

The best thing that could happen to YOUR individual freedom and to the freedom of the HORDES OF LANDOWNERS is that these "scum travelers" WIN their lawsuit.

Then you too can have the liberty to use your property as you see fit!

PS. Why don't our UK brothers REALLY SAY that what bothers them about travelers is that they are different instead of having the PC CAT steal their tongues and replace it with words and phrases like:

CONSENT!
PERMISSION!
HAVEN'T GOT
NEED TO GET
ALLOWED!
NOT ALLOWED!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

Oh they build homes on their land without permission from the government but I have to .....

Yes, that's right, you got it.

And as long as we do have a nanny state, we ALL have to live by it's laws. Even YOU!

We will always have laws - it's a FACT. So get real.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The eviction has been suspended.

For those foreigners who think these people are just happy go lucky people who want to live an alternative lifestyle.

www.bbc.co.uk...

They kept slaves suffering from medical problems and malnutrition for many years. They are just professional criminals.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by greenovni

We don't have laws to use properties. We have laws to build them, to build them properly so they are safe for people to live in.

You can have a go at me all you want, the fact is we have laws. I don't make them, you don't make them, and as long as we do have them we all have to live by them. So get over it.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Admittedly I am an outsider looking in on this situation and I only know about this ordeal through what I have read via the links and background story. The 1st thing that grabs my attention is the fact that so many people are calling these "travellers" scum and low-life hang-abouts who only commit crime and are threatening to some folk's way of life.
Honestly, I cannot see how this is such a big deal. They paid for their land and are trying to live their lives in a accordance with their personal beliefs. Big government sees this as a threat because this group doesn't want to pay a corrupt body to have permits to build shelters. It appears to me that big government doesn't want anyone else getting the idea that they too can be free to live their own lives as they seem fit. If one slave shows the others how to remove the shackles, then the master will have no one left and will actually have to work to support himself. We all know that TPTB seem to be allergic to both work and common sense and will do everything possible to keep the masses toiling away for them, even if it means betraying humanity.
To those that seem to be adamantly against these travellers and view them as waste to be discarded, I feel sorry that you have lost your empathy and have given up the fight to be freed from the oppressive hands that you think are there to support you. Why scream, "I have to pay such and such like a good trained slave, so why should I allow others to express their own choice"? Maybe you should stop and thank these people for standing up for what they believe in and showing that you don't have to be tethered to the hip of big government in order to live a meaningful life.
Maybe more of us should break out of the rat race that is the cause of so much human suffering and stop bowing down to a monetary system of slavery. Everyone deserves a place to call home, even if they are different from you.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer

For those foreigners who think these people are just happy go lucky people who want to live an alternative lifestyle.

www.bbc.co.uk...

They kept slaves suffering from medical problems and malnutrition for many years. They are just professional criminals.

Say the people that did this and continue to do this:

+ You are judging an entire group of people because of 4 #holes?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Can we forget the fact that they are travellers for a second, it has NOTHING to do with what is happening. The fact is they applied for planning permission and were refused it, but they built anyway. The same thing would happen to anyone else.

You can't just go around willy nilly building what you like in this country, and thank God... Someone bought the house over the road from me a few months ago, and wanted to tear down the large garage and build another house in between his house and the one next door. The road is tiny and the building work would have cause severe delays and blocked the road entirely at some points, and once the house was built there would have been no space for any more vehicles so once again the road would be difficult to get through. Despite knowing 'the right people' the man had his application refused because of the troubles it would have caused. So it has nothing to do with being a gypsy.

And if he had built the house anyway, the same thing would have happened, he would have been forced to pull it down.

It's a matter of law, not opinion. Sure you may not like the law, but I'm sure rapists don't either, and I don't like the law when I'm on a long straight empty road in the middle of nowehere which strangley has a speed limit of 30mph but there you go, life isn't fair. If you break the law expect to face consequences eventually.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I am from the UK and was trying to get across the same sentiment.

link   
Whoever owns the land...has the legal right to say who can live on it ...and who can't. I think the humane thing to do would be to find another place for these people to camp....that is legal and would welcome them. There may be some people with acres of land that are willing to do this....they are running out of time...and should explore their options instead of chaining themselves to fences etc.

link   

Originally posted by doobydoll

We don't have laws to use properties. We have laws to build them, to build them properly so they are safe for people to live in.

You can have a go at me all you want, the fact is we have laws. I don't make them, you don't make them, and as long as we do have them we all have to live by them. So get over it.

You a right! We do not make the laws which are no more than legislative ACTS, just like a play.

Now, Guess which Britons have a right to do whatever they want with their land and no one can stop them? The queen and her ilk.

Now, think about it like this, if a group of people win in your courts the rights to build what they want on their own land, does that not make it good for the rest of the Britons?

I am not going after you, I am just trying to tell you that you are a FREE man / woman that should not be bound by a CORPORATION'S by-laws which have nothing to do with you as a free man.

Don't believe me?

Take a look at one of your own .gov websites (red banner) that clearly says

Welcome to the City of London Corporation

City of London CORPORATION

You do know that all of Britain is a Corporation, right?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I don't know anything about this - but if this is what "Travelers" look like... I'm all for them setting up camp in my front yard!

*** This was the picture accompanied with the story.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer

www.bbc.co.uk...

So did the landed gentry of this great nation (and others).

Remember Fred West? He was a perverted murderer...does that make all Englishmen perverted murderers?
Maybe think before you type.

I'm pretty disgusted at the small-minded attitudes of a lot of posters here. What happened to 'deny ignorance'?
Why are so many believing the bs put out by the msm all of a sudden?

These people are human beings for gods-sake. The majority are hard working with very high moral standards which quite frankly the rest of society could well learn from.They tend to keep to themselves to protect thier way of life and to not put themselves out there to be abused.

Get a grip ATS'ers...google 'empathy'

Peace
edit on 19-9-2011 by MissConstrood because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MissConstrood

No it doesnt but I just gave an example, look at the other examples, they are con artists, liars, cheats, thieves.
They have no means of support other than crime.

Would you be defending them if it was a crack house because they are on the same level.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I read thread after thread here on ATS about how corrupt the government is in England. So why is it a problem if these people choose to NOT pay into a CORRUPT system? So it's ok if you are paying for your slavery but it's not ok to be a slave for free?

How does getting a job make one a better person? I don't know about over there but here I could possibly get a job(if there were any available, that is) but it would be a worthless job, making me very little money and doing nothing for the betterment of society.

Maybe, just maybe, if these Travelers were given the opportunity to mesh into society, they could and would, but there is so much hatred(maybe deservedly so, maybe not) that it's near impossible.

Scum, Pikeys, all derogatory terms. how can someone rise up if they are always told they are subhuman? If never given a chance, how would you even know if these PEOPLE cannot assimilate themselves? Maybe they are such criminals because of the damned fascist states we have? Hell, around here the only way to make money is by criminal activities, as there are no jobs here for us lowly folk. I'd be willing to bet that your government and the corporations rip you all off in much greater ways than these Travelers yet nothing is being done about that. Just more divisive rhetoric, full of hatred demonizing a whole group of people.

United we stand, divided we fall. It's pretty simple, folks. So go ahead, kick people off of land they own(sad that we have to pay worthless money to "own" a piece of land) for not getting permission to build a few small houses from a corrupt government in which this law is only a money making scam for them.

So go ahead, support your corrupt government by paying your taxes, be good little sheep. Kick the subhumans off their own property, I hope you feel better. Just wait until it happen to you. It will, sooner or later, as they hate you and pretty much want you dead. They don't care, at all, about you or anyone else, they only want power and control.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

PS. Why don't our UK brothers REALLY SAY that what bothers them about travelers is that they are different

Ha! they're different alright.

They are lawless crooks and criminals, who 'frog-march' elderly citizens to their banks to make sure they pay up £1000's for sub-standard work which they have no qualifications to carry out.

They will steal anything of yours even if it is nailed down. You can't even hang your washing out to dry, or kids toys on your own yard, because they will be gone before you can turn round.

They take down fences of private property, and set up camp in school playing fields. They use the community park area's as a toilet, taking a dump and discarding their filthy sanitary items. They leave their trash strewn about and burning vehicles. Hard-working tax-paying citizens of the communities they destroy have to pick up the tab to pay for cleaning up their disgusting, foul mess.

Their animal kids shout, swear and hurl obscenities and abuse at passers by so that they are scared to even look in their direction.

I could go on and on.

My town has had plenty of unpleasant experiences of gypsies, so yes, they certainly are different.

They have got their dreadful reputation wherever they go through their own doing.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenovni

Now, Guess which Britons have a right to do whatever they want with their land and no one can stop them? The queen and her ilk.

Thats no different that the US government having the right to take everything away from you and I know which is more likely.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join