It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dale Farm eviction: live

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenovni
Yet this UK . GOV Website welcomes you to the "City of London Corporation"

Am I missing something? Last I heard the City of London and Great Britain were not the same things. In the same way that a small part of Manhattan Island is not the USA.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Ever think how a sovereign country can sell "bonds" to China? Are not bonds a corporate creation?

So with that line of thinking, a corporation that trades bonds should have some kind of credit report. Who does corporate credit reports you ask?

Dunn & Bradstreet of Course!

Taking the name "United Kingdom" and putting it in the blue box on the right hand side (business name field) gives you this

(Sorry, do not know how to insert images in a forum post)

MARSONT'S PLC also traded as THE UNITED KINGDOM

and also notice the entry called UNITED KINGDOM

While you are at it, throw in some names to your local courts, police etc and you'll be surprised by what you find in D&B
edit on 19-9-2011 by greenovni because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Back in the sixties we called it a sit in. Just sit down and stay put until they carry you off. Then, when you are released without charges as is predictable, simply move in with Tony and set up again. Surely the conservatives knew this sort of thing was bound to happen?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

The Roma have been living like this for a very long time, and not one country in Europe wants them.

But these are just normal Britons and Irish who just want to avoid paying taxes and avoid observing, amongst other things, health and safety and employment laws, when it comes to their rather dodging businesses.

That their ancestors came from Ireland to work as navvies or itinerant farm workers is neither here nor there. They have turned their back on their old ways and refuse to accept the ways of the country in which they now choose to live and which pays them benefits, schools their childen and nurses their sick.

Many also have property in Ireland (some of the families are quite wealthy by British standards)
edit on 19-9-2011 by Essan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers
why can't they just get jobs and houses and pay their taxes like everyone else?

Because in the current economic climate, the difference between someone with a job and a home, and someone without one, is the fact that the person with one hasn't yet been hit by the poison ball.

Be compassionate to the homeless, Beavers. Your turn will come, soon enough.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by greenovni

I've no idea what you're on about but I'm absolutely certain you don't know!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I feel I have to jump in here.
I am a Roma Gypsy, I own my own home, I pay my taxes, I have a job and a family.
I find the word "pikey" and "tinker" exceptionally hurtful, and racist.

Yes, racist.

You must remember that not all Gypsies are thieves or louts.
I'd like to please ask everyone to refrain from calling Gypsies lazy, thieves, louts etc.

Those of us who are TRUE Roma Gypsies, or TRUE travellers are offended by the actions of those that call themselves Gypsies/Travelers and give us all a bad name, so please remember that we're not all as bad as one group.

People who pigeon hole everyone else to match the minority as just as bad.
Bullies.

To remain On topic, I see no problem, I live in Scotland, and have friends who have stayed in Dale Farm over the years. They have never had any trouble from authorities, and this has turned into a case of someone turning round and saying "I don't like them there" and the Authorities have jumped up and bowed down, as usual.

There is very, very rarely any trouble on Dale Farm.

Again, please be mindful of your attitude towards Gypsies/Travellers, we are not as the majority of the public think.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

When you are shunned by every aaspect of the normal society, what else do you have left than the dregs? They've still got to live in todays world, which is run by greedy democrats who want your soul upon your death. If you don't fit in with the demographic, then you can just be moved on to.....somewhere else where you're not wanted, to be moved on to somewhere else where you're not wanted...and so on and so forth. Try, for 1 moment, to put yourself in their shoes. How do you think that'd make you feel? What, you're just going to go and get a respectable job in a bank? I don't think so. Get real, these people actuall want to live along side "normal" people. But they can't, becasue "normal" people are utter arseholes.

Acidtastic, I acknowledge your good will and commend it but in this case you are being naive if you think they are shunned by society because people who are normal are as you say arseholes, they are shunned due to their total disrespect torwards anyone who is not a traveller, they've well earned their isolation and I know they wouldn't want it any other way, the last thing they want is to intergrate. What they want is for them not to have to pay for anything and for us to have to pay for everything, that is an undeniable fact.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Wait a minute.. so Greenbelt land is protected land for conservation that you cannot build a house on.. and you guys are saying that this is the same land that these travelers are using - But that don't make any sense:

The Dale Farm controversy dates back to the 1970s when 40 English Romany families were granted permission to live on land next to a scrapyard. In 1996 a group if Irish travellers bought the land for £122,000 and the site began to expand dramatically.

If you cant have a house on it then how could the 40 English Romany families be granted permission to live there?

Edit: Seems like a fair question. I wonder why no one has answered it yet,
edit on 19-9-2011 by JohnPhoenix because: addition

They were granted permission to put their caravans on it and live in them. They were not granted permision to put permanent buildings (houses) on the land. They knew this before they bought it.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SarahLynne598
I feel I have to jump in here.
I am a Roma Gypsy, I own my own home, I pay my taxes, I have a job and a family.
I find the word "pikey" and "tinker" exceptionally hurtful, and racist.

Yes, racist.

I'd like to please ask everyone to refrain from calling Gypsies lazy, thieves, louts etc.

Those of us who are TRUE Roma Gypsies, or TRUE travellers are offended by the actions of those that call themselves Gypsies/Travelers and give us all a bad name, so please remember that we're not all as bad as one group.

People who pigeon hole everyone else to match the minority as just as bad.
Bullies.

To remain On topic, I see no problem, I live in Scotland, and have friends who have stayed in Dale Farm over the years. They have never had any trouble from authorities, and this has turned into a case of someone turning round and saying "I don't like them there" and the Authorities have jumped up and bowed down, as usual.

There is very, very rarely any trouble on Dale Farm.

Again, please be mindful of your attitude towards Gypsies/Travellers, we are not as the majority of the public think.

I 100% agree with you. But here is the rub, you know as well as me and the rest of us most of the people
at Dale Farm are not Roma Gypsies. Most of what lives down there, if not all, are new age travelers
who are not in any way shape or form related to true Gypsies.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I'm in two minds to be honest about the whole thing.

I know its their land, and they've abused the amount of 'patches' the council said they could develop homes on, but come on. They're not building multi storey car parks or tower blocks just single storey bungalows.

Most times just concrete areas for the caravans to go on.

Then again, ten years is a long time for the Gypsy community to know the implications of what the council planning laws requires of them.

Deny Ignorance

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SarahLynne598

i apologise to the poor lad who's obviously in need of medical attention as every one i've met would kill you for about a pound of copper scrap

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SarahLynne598

Very well said... and yes, It IS racism.

If you replace the word Gypsy or Pikey with "Blacks" or "Pakis" or something else in the posts that people have made in this thread.... people would be in uproar and be accusing people of disgusting, hateful language.

Unfortunately, in the eyes of these bigots, Gypsies are the lowest of the low and they don't care what they call them.

It's almost the only form of acceptable racism.

:shk:

Pathetic really.
edit on 19/9/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by wigit

remove them - by what ever force is required - they have ignored the rule of law for 10 years

The 'rule' of law is a complete ass and you know it!
Some right sheeple on ATS these days kowtowing to the bs statutes and acting like right proper happy slaves.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
These people are being subjected to the worst cruelty man-kind can impose on his human beings-RACISM. You can't take what a few of these people do as an example of them all. What will we do when all of us are treated the way these people are? It's coming. With the economy in the shape its in and no upswing in site, more and more people will be in their shoes. One day all of us SECOND-CLASS citizens will be treated this way. Makes me sick!!!

I looked at some before and after pictures of this particular site and it seems all these people did was clean up a bunch of junk so they had a place to call their own. The part of the settlement that they are saying is illegal is on the site of the form junk yard. It's not like they messed up a pristine area preserved for wildlife. I don't understand the uproar about it being green-belt land at all.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenovni
I we let...

They OWN IT!

Issue of law: Can you or can you not use your property as you see fit OR is the property OWNED by the state and you are merely a tenant? That simple.

No you Can NOT use your property as you see fit, your use of it must still fall within the law. I know you didn't mean it to these extreemes but I can't start killing people on my land just because I own it can I? I still can't shoot protected species of birds with an air rifle on my land, I still have to follow the law.

To develop land you must first own the title to that land, and second obtain planning permission. It is the law, it must be followed. I don't want some trillionaire deciding to build a skyscraper next to my house purely because he has bought the land, and I'm sure you wouldn't either...I'm sure you would hope there was some sort of authority who could say "No, you can't do that I'm afraid even though you do own the land."

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
reply to post by greenovni

I've no idea what you're on about but I'm absolutely certain you don't know!

The picture shows it clear as day your country being TRADED AS the UK thus making it a corporation. Since you did not want to take your own .gov website clearly welcoming you to the CITY OF LONDON CORPORATION

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Being in the US, not really familiar with the situation.

Are these people "Gypsies" that I have read about? Is it true they will steal anything that is not nailed to the floor? Doesn't sound like a pleasant lot if that's true.

Then again I could just be reading people stereotyping them. Anyone had any dealings with them?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
My god I hate political correctness

Gypsy terms are not racist

what's next?

Hobo, Bum, Beefer, Bohunk, Gandy, Moper, Munie and much more gonna start whining not to use the correct terms cause it's racist?

get over it, it's not racist, it's people shoving political correctness down your throat is all it is.

I'm offended by political correctness, so leave it off the discussion as well.

And yea I learned the hard way, yankees better keep a wide berth around gypsy's when touring abroad.

edit on 9/19/2011 by Cito because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkrunner

Only a fews times.

The last time I encountered them were two lads riding two ponies from a site bareback down a local high street, they started punching the ponies jaws and necks because the ponies seemed agitated in all the traffic.

No boubt to be chained starving in a field of mud somewhere, then later sold off to a meat merchant.

edit on 19/9/11 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join