It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dale Farm eviction: live

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

From a Christian point of view are not all men equal? I mean just cos these free spirits turn up on your doorstep making your house worth half of what it was before they arrived, does not mean they cant be welcomed into our fold! I mean just because they urinate on your roses, steal your hose pipe and your cat, does not mean they are not immune from gods love. The last travellers we had through here actually managed to get an entire sainsburys into the back of a transit van . they only got caught when the frozen food section began spilling out of the vans windows. the police knew there was something amiss when none of the occupants could talk properly.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Thanks for the links. BBC isn't avalible here and Sky just keeps replaying the Sky intro. I can usually get BBC 1 and 2 from another source but it's down just now too.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Just so I know. Can any of you describe what a traveler is? Nationality?

Google just shows Irish people, is that what is considered a traveler in the UK?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by greenovni

Travellers are like hippies - just people who choose to follow a particular lifestyle. Some are Irish. Many are British.

Thye just don't like paying taxes or abiding by the law (though are quite happy to accept all the benefits they can grab) and are regarded as untrustworthy an not the sort of people you want living near by unless you have a 6" steel door and multiple locks on your garden shed.

(edit: to point out that not all are as bad, some indeed can be friendly and honourable (some I'm told), but as with all groups of people, the bad get all the press and bring the rest down with them)
edit on 19-9-2011 by Essan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
as they say on the film 'snatch'

It's not Irish but pikey.

It is it's own form or Irish that no one can understand or even wants to bother understanding.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

The sad truth is that they just don't have the money to buy the government like the Banksters or Murdouche at News of the World ......

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I thought the Irish spoke English? How can you not understand the language? Did they make up their own words?
edit on 19-9-2011 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Its a very old culture, They originate from the little known principality of Transitia. They were known as far back as Roman times as " Pikeous Nikaloteus". Thier National dress is dayglow luminous vests, Its a natural camoflauge to make tham resemble "workmen". They are traditionally born in an ingenious moving dwelling known as a "caravan" and are automatically engaged to thier sister when the umbillical cord is cut.
Traditional pastimes include swearing and urinating outdoors. Easily spotted throughout the british countryside, heavily weighted down with other peoples stuff.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
People.. I must say, this treating of the gypsy or Pikey people are like some Americans treat black people with the term Nig - ger. Now, I know many of them you encounter do have traits that are less than desirable you cannot apply those terms to all of them.

I just read a bunch of stuff on them.. found out some history and that they use a language called Shelta. it seems like a made up language for people who want to speak without others knowing what they are talking about.. which seems most deceptive. It seems they are offended by the term Pikey. I tend to think not all of them must be bad people or do horrible things.

I had to learn this myself with the Mexicans. I hated them after the hurricane because they came in here in droves and committed crimes like crazy. I had to learn not to hate them all, only the ones that acted that way.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Travellers are like hippies - just people who choose to follow a particular lifestyle. Some are Irish. Many are British.

Thye just don't like paying taxes or abiding by the law (though are quite happy to accept all the benefits they can grab) and are regarded as untrustworthy an not the sort of people you want living near by unless you have a 6" steel door and multiple locks on your garden shed.

(edit: to point out that not all are as bad, some indeed can be friendly and honourable (some I'm told), but as with all groups of people, the bad get all the press and bring the rest down with them)
edit on 19-9-2011 by Essan because: (no reason given)

Thank you!

Now, doing more research into these "travelers" I came across an article from the daily mail. This article is about some show called Big Fat Gypsy Wedding (which has nothing to do with this OP) and what is interested is the comment section and how many "thumbs up" and "thumbs down" they get.

Some of the BEST rated:

Grotesque! .... amazing how wealthy these people are isn't it? I wonder how much income tax they pay? Maybe Inland Revenue should investigate.
Thumbs Up = 2876

I could understand how sad is was for them in the programme when they showed a camp being demolished but we have laws in this country that say you cannot build without planning permission. If I built a house in my back garden without permission it would be demolished so why should it be different for anyone else? Sorry guys I know you all want to live in a closed community but if you want to be treated fairly then obey the laws of this land like the rest of us. - Mags, Exeter, 26/1/2011 00:32 They keep getting refused planning permission because, lets face it, people don't want travellers living close by.
Thumbs Up = 1475

I dont see how they can complain about their camp being demolished they are called travellers so travel!

Thumbs Up = 586

Some of the WORST rated:

All over these articles and all over Twitter people are asking "where do they get their money from?" Is it anyone else's business?
Thumbs DOWN = 1475

I feel really sorry for them. The narrator said 90% of those who apply for planning permission get rejected, even though they own the land. They should be able to build their homes on it. It is just discrimination- 90% of rich people don't get their planning permission rejected. We should be glad they are providing for themselves and not trying to score a council house.
Thumbs DOWN = 34

It was sickening how their homes were destroyed - yes, although they didn't have planning permission, they owned the land. If a middle class, tax-paying white family owned a comparable piece of land they would probably be given planning permission. Some of the views towards travellers and gypsies belong in 1930s Germany
Thumbs DOWN = 150

And the most interesting THUMBS DOWN comment of all is...

Grotesque! .... amazing how wealthy these people are isn't it? I wonder how much income tax they pay? Maybe Inland Revenue should investigate. - Susan, Wakefield, 26/1/2011 2:45

Inland Revenue are NOT allowed to investigate persons who are not registered/signed over to "The Corporation" by their parents when they are born (Birth Certificate)! So they have no legal jurisdiction over these Travellers whatsoever! They do not have National Insurance Numbers and the Police can not prosecute them via The Courts as they are not "within" the laws of The Corporation! Why else do you think they are being persecuted and their homes are being demolished?! Because the System is trying to FORCE them to conform like the rest of us Sheeples!!!
Thumbs DOWN = 50

Now, judging by the hundreds of comments on the page about Travelers it is easy to see that comments about "where does their money come from? Pay TAXES! These people dress like whores! They are NOT like us! and the many others, they get a THUMBS UP from the general UK poulation.

Any comments like, nice wedding, loved the pictures, these people own their land, do not demolish children's homes etc gets a big, fat THUMBS down.

Obvious racism / classism towards the travelers.

Yet, every single article I come across talks about their high moral standards, virgin till marriage, low divorce rate, keeping their money within the community etc
edit on 19-9-2011 by greenovni because: Color change

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

Soooooo, you don't like the Jewish population or the whole state of Israel including the Arabs and others who live there? Just asking because that's how it comes across.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
People.. I must say, this treating of the gypsy or Pikey people are like some Americans treat black people with the term Nig - ger. Now, I know many of them you encounter do have traits that are less than desirable you cannot apply those terms to all of them.

I just read a bunch of stuff on them.. found out some history and that they use a language called Shelta. it seems like a made up language for people who want to speak without others knowing what they are talking about.. which seems most deceptive. It seems they are offended by the term Pikey. I tend to think not all of them must be bad people or do horrible things.

I had to learn this myself with the Mexicans. I hated them after the hurricane because they came in here in droves and committed crimes like crazy. I had to learn not to hate them all, only the ones that acted that way.

What you don't realise is that most modern day "travelling People" are not true gypsies.
I would put my wahes for the next year on the fact that most of the population at Dale Farm are just drop ou tnew age Scum. The kind that take drugs, don't wash, resent the law of the land and steel the eyes out your
head.

They need to go. They have been offered houses.
They don't want a house, because that would put them bang in the firing line of the law
like the rest of us.

No sympathy for the crud. go on move on.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
They've just won an injunction which means they wont be moved today.

Good on them.

I hope that UN guy that was there the other day steps in and that they're allowed to stay on the land THEY OWN... and have paid for.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenovni
ATSers are continuously are claiming all over this thread:

"Get a job, pay your taxes"

First of all, these "travelers" OWN their land! This means that they can do anything they damn well please as they have OWNERSHIP of said land!!!

How would you like some .gov A**hole going to YOUR house and telling you what to do or how to live?

Oh! I forgot, UK, NANNY STATE which runs your life & household thanks to the TAXES that you gladly pay to be bent over repeatedly...

I take it that you guys are just upset because these people are FREE (as most as they can be) and you are NOT...

PS. The bit about "get a job, pay your taxes" is nothing more than being accustomed to SLAVERY / being ROBBED by people who make it "legal" via legislation to do so. Remember, just because something is "legal" does not mean that it is LAWFUL!

Please wake up and understand that you too can be free from your tyrannical .gov but only if you have the balls

edit on 19-9-2011 by greenovni because: Learned new posting codes

*Standing ovation*

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

yeah.. what are they gonna do.. throw the gate wide open and kill that poor misguided 18 year old girl? i think the girl is just a bit to confident for her own good there. They could legally tell them, you have been warned, anything that happens to you is your fault.. and throw open the door.

The have let them live there for 10 years.. women and children that dont look like criminals to me. They own the land. No neighbors can complain.. they live next to a scrap yard. that whole area is pretty much out in the middle of nowhere so their make shift housing cannot be bothering anyone. The only crime they are charged with as far as i can see is not getting planning for thier housing.. are you kidding me.. in the middle of nowhere next to a scrap yard you guys are gonna fuss over stupid planning laws.. that seems really nutz.

Seems there is too much hate for them here because they are not "proper citizens" well I say as long as they are out of the way and not hurting anyone, let them live the way they want to live.

England spends tons of money each year providing housing for homeless people.. the USA would never do that..By them living there and not asking for housing handouts they are actually saving the government lots of money.. Hello.. wake Up People... it's not about taxes.. these people would not pay into enough taxes if they had jobs.. thats just the hate talking.

edit on 19-9-2011 by JohnPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
I know the scum will win in the end, but these bastards need to be fought. I support the settlers, becasue everyone has the right to try and make their lives better. The council are SCUM. Not the travellers.

But they dont try and make their lives better.

They are leeches. They dont pay tax, refuse to get jobs and squat on land that other people own. When the government ask them to pay tax on lands they refuse. Im sure you think that is the "greedy" government at work, but you fail to realize if no tax money is collected, we have no running water, no sewage, no infrastructure like paved roads and police department.

I dont think you have any idea what gypsies are about. They are self-serving parasites who care nothing about anyone but themselves. There are decent ones who decide to better their lives and join the rest of society, but they are far and few between. If they really wanted to live their own lives, they could move to the Australian outback and make lives there, far away from anyone else to bother them. But that wouldnt suit them, they need others to leech off of.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Well I don't think they want to kill anyone and even if they warned the girl and then pushed the gates, the fact that she died would be too much.... there is absolutely no way they'd do it.
They'd just climb over and a untie her.

Thing is, they haven't "let" them live there, they own the land, they have every right to be there.

This has been going on for years and several different politicians have promised them new land and promised to get it sorted ASAP.... and still NOTHING is done.

Just let them stay, it's simple.

As you say, it would cost money to rehouse them, to keep moving them on from place to place costs a hell of a lot... their kids are in school.... they're settled, It's their home.

edit on 19/9/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Oh yes if we can just put a label on human beings and make them seem like they are less than human our conscience is free and we can do whatever we like to them - how wonderful.

It worked for the Nazis ....
edit on 19-9-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
I don't believe that Man should have to pay someone to build on the land he already paid for. Building permits are just an excuse for local governments to make money.

Not true, Im currently trying to block the house next door to me from building and extension. If it was built, I wouldnt even be able to see the sky from one of my rooms.

I wonder how much youd like a nightclub or sports stadium to be built next door to you.

So basically what you are admitting to is that you want to use the police power of government to enforce your will on your neighbor? You believe that your right to have an unobstructed view from your bedroom overrides the right of your neighbor to build an addition to his home. Your property rights override his property rights.
Just so we all have that clear.
What if your neighbor decides that his view is obstructed by your entire home and he goes to the government and convinces some council agents to knock your entire house down? That would only be fair right? His view is obstructed by your dump of a house (he would call it a dump so they would condem it you see). What if everyone in your neighborhood decided to sell to a property developer to build a nightclub. Except you. Would it be okay for the developer to use the local council to condem your home and evict you so they could build their club?
Sucks to be on the receiving end of some douche bag that wants to force you to do something you dont want to do doesnt it?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join