It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dale Farm eviction: live

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

whilst i agree with you, unfortunately they have to integrate into society and either start their own official caravan parks or evolve into a 9-5.

man, i'd love to go grab a bit of land somewhere, build some make shift homes for me and my buddies go wild and have fun, but i'd get arrested and my mrs would dump me for becoming a tramp.

this is 2011, if they want to live outside the rules of society, they really aught to go and live somewhere away from the rest of it.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I just cant believe thats its taken Basildon County Council ten years and 18 millions pounds to finally get this done. There are only one set of winners here as far as can see, and thats the lawyers and solicitors.
There was a caller on channel 5s The Wright stuff this morning, she was from near Dale Farm and claimed to know the owner of both sites (illegal and legal) and many of the "travellers". She said that the legal site was big enough to house all of the travellers, and that people should move theyre families back home. She also said that she had heard that many of the travellers had homes elsewhere, some in France. Ooo I wish i had a home in france.

Basildon County Council have a legal obligation to find these people land, but not on greenbelt, greenbelt is greenbelt for a reason.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
They're going to be building on greenbelt land opposite where I live. Which just goes to show that if you can rub the right palms, with the right paper, then you can do anything you want. And this won't be a small site with a handful of bunglaows, this'll be a full on estate, with 3 story buildings going for a million or so quid each. Money talks, and if you ain;t got money, you may aswell crawl around on your belly for the rest of your existance.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrBudgie
Sad fact is, is that if these were "White Working Class" taxpayers they would of been kick of much sooner and faced more extreme punishment and fines from the council and goverment

this!

in fact, i'd go as far to say it's reverse proxy racism to NOT deal with these people!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I hear the bailifs are moving in. I just hope that this doesn't turn into a "battle of the beanfield" type event.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers
reply to post by greenovni

you're missing the point.

sure, lets get rid of tax and jobs for everyone. until then, these guys aren't special and shouldn't get a better deal than everyone else.

and imagine this.

10 people own an area of land, they keep it nice and have worked hard all their lives to be able to afford it.

1 dies and leaves the land to his #'ed up herion addict daughter.

she swaps it for drugs from some travellers, they set up camp and completely ruin the area for all those people who worked hard - they can't sell their own land, no one wants to buy land next to scum, and they can't afford to just go.

fortunately, in this instance the uk law is smarter and fairer than you and the gypsies so black and white simplistic rules like "ITS THAR LAND THEY KAN DO WOT THEY LYKE" doesn't mean squat.

they CAN sell that land at a fair price to other people who wish to live in a nice area, and go land next door to you if they like tho

Granted, I live in the US so the concept of white people being racist towards other white people completely blows my mind.

Your "quote" of "ITS THAR LAND THEY KAN DO WOT THEY LYKE" must be what white people sound like in your neck of the woods I'm guessing.

The problem with your analysis is that they did not acquire the land by swapping drugs, for what I heard, they PURCHASED said land for 122.000 thousand pounds!

On top of that, they have been there for over 10 years!

Living in those buildings that were not "inspected by the state" yet there they still are, standing.

The argument of crime is moot as there is about the same number of responses on this thread alone pro gypsies trying to assimilate / behaving themselves..

Just think about it like this, if you can dictate what these "scum" can do with their property, what about when others (Muslims, Asians, Africans or any other immigrant majority) finally gain the numbers to dictate what you can do with YOUR property?

Will that be OK to you?

As a land owner,

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
edit: misread a post, ignore
edit on 19-9-2011 by dodgygeeza because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

haha, man i live in an area where every colour and creed grew up together and think racism is primitive.

in fact, my signature here used to be 'k#### kome in every kolour' (until a mean ol' mod changed it)

this isn't racism.

it doesn't matter what colour someone is, if they're breaking the law and effecting the lives of people who don't, im going to support the people who don't.

and yes, that's EXACTLY how the UK's chav's speak

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

No-one forced them to buy the land - they KNEW it was greenbelt land before they bought it.

Whether the 'state' SHOULD NOT sell land which can never be built on is another topic for discussion.

If I want to build a house, I wouldn't buy greenbelt land - MY CHOICE.

They are victims of their own actions. Which makes a nice change from the surrounding community who regularly fall victim to their shoddy work.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Retrospective planning permission would of solved this problem without all this hooo-haaa going on .

Denying bailiff entry to your property is not against the LAW .

What is amazing is that the ordinary UK residents can't see how their lives are being manipulated via strict control ( read = not enough houses ) of housing stock .

We need 5 million new homes in UK urgently .

If we don't build them , the landed gentry of this country will get richer and the working class will get poorer .

Oh btw , " freehold " doesn't mean one owns the land itself.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
For everyone who has posted in negative ways agaisnt the freedom of these people to turn the joint land they purchased into Eco farm when NO ONE OWNS ANYONE AND MAY CONTROL THAT, ITS FASCISM, you inherit what you SOW.

However as for me, I 1000000000000000000%.........................to infinity and Beyond, support them. We all need to do this.

And SAY NO TO SLAVERY, BANKS, GOV CORRUPTION.

I will NOT HOLD YOUR HANDS TO FIGHT AGAINST NWO AND YOUR TEA PARTY SELFISHNESS, ANTI TAXES. I only stand for an end to corporate rule and slavery. PERIOD.

FOR THE PEOPLE. ONLY.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers

haha, man i live in an area where every colour and creed grew up together and think racism is primitive.

in fact, my signature here used to be 'k#### kome in every kolour' (until a mean ol' mod changed it)

this isn't racism.

it doesn't matter what colour someone is, if they're breaking the law and effecting the lives of people who don't, im going to support the people who don't.

and yes, that's EXACTLY how the UK's chav's speak

I just got of a skype conversation with my London friend, and as always, asked him my UK questions to clear any ignorance I might have about the UK (Like even Air Rifles are considered weapons)

Anyway, he confirms about the chavs which must be the equivalent of our red necks

I guess I am of the belief that every man is created equal & that you can do whatever you want with your property as long as you do not infringe on the rights of others. At least that is the way I live.

Funny thing is that as soon as I mentioned travelers, my London friend put a face of disgust that was priceless.

Now, a question that lingers in my mind is how do you physically distinguish a traveler from a regular white person as I am looking at google images and I can't tell the difference

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Know exactly what this is.

Its all those stupid controlling rules that are illegal crimes, because they take away soveriegnity and BLOCK REAL SOLUTIONS, that City Counsel has, telling you your land MUST BE for a single family home, OR that you MUST build with their approved construction, ie. non of those eco houses, or earth ship homes.

No most DON'T approve of this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/21fabf04656a.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/53960cd326df.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b9d1bdefac67.jpg[/atsimg]

Think Freedom.

No homelessness.

No FORCED LABOR FOR CORRUPT CORPERATE PURSES.

We all have equal rights to land and resources on our planet just like nature, like beavers and all of it. No one owns us. We don't stand under anyone. Period. Laws are just virtues and they had better tap really light, or their crimes!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
There is NO NEED For Casualites, in this world to you gods of free enterprise and social darwinism crapola. That is Demonology to begin with.

There is NO NEED FOR THIS:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cfd38af43b3a.jpg[/atsimg]
Casuality.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/040e31c0c669.jpg[/atsimg]
or this!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b2274be28c77.jpg[/atsimg]
or this!

Land can be shared and create wonderful eco farms. Venus Project, No Money Require, just some voluteerism.

Farming/Aquaponics/Free Energy. Real Solutioins. No need to be a corporate slave, contribute as your talents wish.

Pull the plug on their corporate reality and stand up for what is right!

I stand under no one and their opinions and brain washed programs.

Earth is a REAL SCHOOL. One day pencils go down. The sorting begins. The lesson was REALLY LOVE, and true equality.
edit on 19-9-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
They're going to be building on greenbelt land opposite where I live. Which just goes to show that if you can rub the right palms, with the right paper, then you can do anything you want. And this won't be a small site with a handful of bunglaows, this'll be a full on estate, with 3 story buildings going for a million or so quid each. Money talks, and if you ain;t got money, you may aswell crawl around on your belly for the rest of your existance.

I have to agree here.
Earmarking area's as greenbelt land is not a guarantee that buildings will never go up there - authorities often overturn this and allow building on it. BUT, even in these instances, developers still have to abide by planning and building safety regulations just as the rest of us have to.

So, if these travellers didn't have such huge chips on their shoulders, maybe permission would have been granted in the end if they had bothered to apply for it. Who knows?

They still do have the right to apply for planning permission on what is their land. AND it might be granted.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Now, a question that lingers in my mind is how do you physically distinguish a traveler from a regular white person as I am looking at google images and I can't tell the difference

You can't tell the difference - that is how they easily rip off citizens with their over-priced and worse than shoddy work. They ALL do it - which is why they have such a terrible reputation, and also why your friend pulled a face when you mentioned them. They have earned their reputation, and continue to do so.

If we could tell the difference, there would be no-one ripped off by them, because we wouldn't give them the work.
edit on 19-9-2011 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I have to ask again.. if this is such big news how come there isn't live video?

I think perhaps they are denying live video because they Expect this to get very ugly and without video they can deny everything.. is it live on the BBC? Hmm i can get the BBC perhaps i'll check.
edit on 19-9-2011 by JohnPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
I have to ask again.. if this is such big news how come there isn't live video?

It's not THAT big a news story. In Britain we have live, rolling, news coverage of Royal Weddings and snow. That's about it.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Its live on Sky News.

Got to thier website you will find live tweets and reports on it there.

@ felonius

Travelers should have been sent packing A LONG time ago.

Vile, worthless gypsies. Will cheat and steal faster than they will work ANY job!

So what should be done with them? Do what you lot did during world war 2 and Gas them? Not thank you.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
not sure how it will work across the pond but it is live news on both the BBC news channels and the other rival Sky News channel.

Links :-

BBC News

and Sky News

For Sky news there is a watch live button (provided MS silverlight is installed).

Both news channels keep flitting between political news BS and the eviction stand off.
Everybody seems to be dragging their heels at the moment regarding the evictions.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join