It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Who Pronounce and Spell the Name of Jesus In Weird Old Testament Variants are Going to Hell

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

"snake-handling churches"

That's a new one for me - you learn something new every day!

That said, I was aware that there've been church-handling snakes..

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

So what you are saying is Jesus Christ is not Lord?

Just last evening, I went to the home of an old couple, in their 80s, and his brother was there too, he was also in his 80s. They were having some trouble with the computer modem, and I went to help them out. When I discovered the problem, they had the modem cord, which had two leads, on Ethernet, and one USB, both hooked up. With this hooked up, and computer would not boot.

Anyway, when finished, I was offered a cup of coffee, which I accepted. Then the man asked me if I knew the Lord. I answered him thus: "I have no Lord, and no Master, my friend, I am a Free Spirit, and not tied down by any religious dogma. He was taken aback, and told me he had never heard anyone say that before. The talk went on into the night, it was after 10:00 pm when we, my son and I, finally left. We talked of Earth cycles, of churches bilking people out of their hard eared money, the history and origins of events recorded in the Bible, and of our ET visitors.
I told them of the Annunaki, and how they were the origins of the human ways of seeing God. I was asked if I believed in God. "Yes, I said, I believe in a figure, we call it "First Creator," and do not worship it, or gather in churches and say lip service to it, we just know it is, and that is it." At this point they were all, three old men and one old lady, hanging on every word. The old lady said to me, "You are glowing!" Then her hubby asked me if I were one of the ETs I was talking about. Then he went on to tell me stores of the many ET craft he had seen in the sky, and how he had even touched on once, back in 1956. He said that he wondered at this all of his life.

It was a nice conversation. The point is, if you worship a "Lord," then you are a slave to your Lord. the word comes from, "To Lord over," as in lord over a slave. I am not a slave to any Lord, and in the bible there are many so called Gods who all wish to be called "Lord." Guess you will have to pick one.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

To be a slave to the Lord of Love is to be set free for freedom's sake, to freely love, as we are first loved.

There's one particular transcendant frame of reference you've not considered, and you still ought to forgive your mother, which will set you free.

God Bless,

NAM

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by pthena
reply to post by akushla99

I think the intent of the thread is disingenuous, and a fishing trip, from the start!

What is a fishing trip? Is that like tricking people into giving info, or something?
Try this: Hover over member under my avatar until the dropdown shows posts in thread. Read all my posts. If everything is answered in my posts, then fishing was productive.
The trusty internet defines a fishing trip as something talked about that never happens.
edit on 20-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

As far as I can tell, the 'bible prophet of revelation' has no problem inferring someone is a wife basher. I think the intent of the thread is disingenuous, and a fishing trip, from the start!

Akushla
I was using a common expression used to describe a style of questioning, which I explained in a later post.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

. . .the rest of us understand there are different languages and we are ok with people speaking the name Jesus.
And I keep explaining that there are no Hebrew speaking people who want to read the New Testament.
People I am talking about leave the English as-is, and just change the words like, Jesus.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

That really makes no sense. Strictly taught to never utter a word not in Hebrew? Apparently you don't know any Jewish people. The Apostle Paul sat at the feet of the great teacher Gamaliel.

In case you did not know. Jewish people are very keen on learning.

You really do not know anything about Jewish people at all.
It is not supposed to make sense, that's the idea. I was giving a hypothetical situation as one way to think of why someone would want to translate the New Testament into Hebrew.
Why don't you explain why someone would want to translate the name, Jesus, into Hebrew?
This was your argument, that such and such name is just the Hebrew version of Jesus.
I just don't see that as having any relevance to the main question, that you can translate the name Jesus, into Hebrew.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I've seen no elucidation of what the author thinks the correct spelling and pronunciation of Jesus, is...neither are any of the 'damned' given any indication of the 'wierd' variants.
This thread is not about what is the right way to say, Jesus.
It is about how the way we have been saying Jesus for so many hundreds of years is all of a sudden not good enough, to some people, and these are people who will tell you if you don't say it their way, you are damned.
I don't think these people promoting this are saved and they will go to hell and any one who follows them, follow them to hell.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Oh dear, it's too bad you feel that way, because God seeks worshippers who worship in spirit and in truth ie: he knows everyone's heart, and generally welcomes any approach, no matter how feeble, or even ill concieved! It's the spirit that knows the spirit, where love meets love.

You sir have made a grave error in relation to your fellow Christians, but you too I'm sure can be forgiven, but what you are doing is very painful, and all in the need to be RIGHT, while making others WRONG, when the spirit of God is the only one who knows everything, including the heart of a man or woman.

If I were you I'd just let this thread die, I'd drop this, it's not a good path to go down, and what you're doing is wrong, maybe even a grave sin.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

. . .it's too bad you feel that way
. . .You sir have made a grave error
. . .what you are doing is very painful
. . .all in the need to be RIGHT
. . .making others WRONG
. . .not a good path to go down
. . .what you're doing is wrong
. . .a grave sin.

If I am wrong, you need to check yourself.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

. . .the rest of us understand there are different languages and we are ok with people speaking the name Jesus.
And I keep explaining that there are no Hebrew speaking people who want to read the New Testament. .

Are you now the almighty that you can make such a statement?

What is it with the Jews that bothers you so much?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by daikaiju

Take a flight to Israel with a few New Testaments in your luggage and let me know how your trip went.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Again, what is with you and the Jews?

What such unspoken hate?

You know Jesus was a jew right?

And if you pay for round trip (First Class, I am too tall to fit in coach) I would go with as many NT bibles as I could and trust me will still return.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Take a flight to Israel with a few New Testaments in your luggage and let me know how your trip went.

Repent.

Seriously.

It is by the mercy of God that we are grafted into the olive tree.

RO 11:13 I am talking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch as I am the apostle to the Gentiles, I make much of my ministry in the hope that I may somehow arouse my own people to envy and save some of them. For if their rejection is the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead? If the part of the dough offered as firstfruits is holy, then the whole batch is holy; if the root is holy, so are the branches.

RO 11:17 If some of the branches have been broken off, and you, though a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing sap from the olive root, do not boast over those branches. If you do, consider this: You do not support the root, but the root supports you. You will say then, "Branches were broken off so that I could be grafted in." Granted. But they were broken off because of unbelief, and you stand by faith. Do not be arrogant, but be afraid. For if God did not spare the natural branches, he will not spare you either.

RO 11:22 Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off. And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. After all, if you were cut out of an olive tree that is wild by nature, and contrary to nature were grafted into a cultivated olive tree, how much more readily will these, the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree!

RO 11:25 I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in. And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written:

"The deliverer will come from Zion;
he will turn godlessness away from Jacob.

RO 11:27 And this is my covenant with them
when I take away their sins."

RO 11:28 As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies on your account; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs, for God's gifts and his call are irrevocable. Just as you who were at one time disobedient to God have now received mercy as a result of their disobedience, so they too have now become disobedient in order that they too may now receive mercy as a result of God's mercy to you. For God has bound all men over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

What such unspoken hate?
My explanation is you are merely projecting you own emotion onto me.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX

Repent.
Of what, exactly?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Instead of the double speak, why be man enough to answer the question directly?

What is your problem with the Jews?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Repent.
Of what, exactly?

Arrogance and Pride.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by XplanetX

Repent.
Of what, exactly?

Arrogance and Pride.
So, nothing to do with the topic or anything, right, just you don't like what you imagine my attitude to be.
Can you give an example of where I am demonstrating arrogance?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by daikaiju

Instead of the double speak, why be man enough to answer the question directly?

What is your problem with the Jews?
I don't have a problem with Jews.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join