It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

People Who Pronounce and Spell the Name of Jesus In Weird Old Testament Variants are Going to Hell

page: 26
2
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Originally posted by XplanetX

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by XplanetX
 

Repent.
Of what, exactly?



Arrogance and Pride.
So, nothing to do with the topic or anything, right, just you don't like what you imagine my attitude to be.
Can you give an example of where I am demonstrating arrogance?




As I have already stated, you are embarrassing yourself and Christ whom you are meant to be representing.


PR 11:2 When pride comes, then comes disgrace,
but with humility comes wisdom.

PR 13:10 Pride only breeds quarrels,
but wisdom is found in those who take advice.

PR 8:13 To fear the LORD is to hate evil;
I hate pride and arrogance,
evil behavior and perverse speech.



2TI 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.



Don't listen to me but listen to God's word. Your actions throughout this thread display your arrogance, there are so many examples within this thread that It would be wrong of me to single just one of them out. Your original post in this thread set the tone for everything that you have posted within. You are trying to defend a false teaching contrived by your own philosophy. It does not matter what language someone uses to worship God. Whether it be ancient Greek, ancient Hebrew or English. Or a language that has not even been developed yet. The translation is important so that the meaning is not lost, but the language itself is of little importance and has no consequence on salvation.




posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
REV 5:6 Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing in the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. He had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth. He came and took the scroll from the right hand of him who sat on the throne. And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints. And they sang a new song:

"You are worthy to take the scroll
and to open its seals,
because you were slain,
and with your blood you purchased men for God
from every tribe and language and people and nation.

REV 5:10 You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God,
and they will reign on the earth."



posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX
 

You are trying to defend a false teaching contrived by your own philosophy. It does not matter what language someone uses to worship God. Whether it be ancient Greek, ancient Hebrew or English. Or a language that has not even been developed yet. The translation is important so that the meaning is not lost, but the language itself is of little importance and has no consequence on salvation.
So nothing specific, but you just get a feeling and you believe there is an arrogant tone, is that what you are saying I need to repent of? Maybe what I am doing now seems arrogant, that I would dare to question someone who quotes scripture. I think you need to check you own self for pride.
If it does not matter what language is used, why would you defend people who go around telling others they have to use a dead language?
Why then, all of a sudden you just switched to now there is an important meaning that has to come through?
Why is that important? What is this meaning?
Why can't it just be someone's name and not mean anything other than that it indicates a specific person?
Theses are the questions I am asking. Would you like to answer any of them?
Explain to me what "false teaching" I am presenting.



posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by XplanetX
 

You are trying to defend a false teaching contrived by your own philosophy. It does not matter what language someone uses to worship God. Whether it be ancient Greek, ancient Hebrew or English. Or a language that has not even been developed yet. The translation is important so that the meaning is not lost, but the language itself is of little importance and has no consequence on salvation.
So nothing specific, but you just get a feeling and you believe there is an arrogant tone, is that what you are saying I need to repent of? Maybe what I am doing now seems arrogant, that I would dare to question someone who quotes scripture. I think you need to check you own self for pride.
If it does not matter what language is used, why would you defend people who go around telling others they have to use a dead language?
Why then, all of a sudden you just switched to now there is an important meaning that has to come through?
Why is that important? What is this meaning?
Why can't it just be someone's name and not mean anything other than that it indicates a specific person?
Theses are the questions I am asking. Would you like to answer any of them?
Explain to me what "false teaching" I am presenting.





I pause and look at my sinful self in the mirror everyday and ask for forgiveness from God. Jesus gives us the template for the things that we should be praying about lest we become arrogant and divert ourselves away from God and his truth.


MT 6:9 "This, then, is how you should pray:

" `Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,

MT 6:10 your kingdom come,
your will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.

MT 6:11 Give us today our daily bread.

MT 6:12 Forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.


MT 6:13 And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one. '


If ancient Hebrew were a 'dead' language then we would not be able to translate it today.

I have already told you how you are promoting a false teaching by showing you relevant scriptures.



posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX
 


I pause and look at my sinful self in the mirror everyday and ask for forgiveness from God. Jesus gives us the template for the things that we should be praying about lest we become arrogant and divert ourselves away from God and his truth.

MT 6:9 "This, then, is how you should pray:

" `Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,

MT 6:10 your kingdom come,
your will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.

MT 6:11 Give us today our daily bread.

MT 6:12 Forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.

MT 6:13 And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one. '

If ancient Hebrew were a 'dead' language then we would not be able to translate it today.
have already told you how you are promoting a false teaching by showing you relevant scriptures.
Here is the definition of a dead language, from dictionary.com:

noun
a language that is no longer learned as a native language


So it does not mean a language that is undecipherable though it is close to it since a lot of what is in the old Hebrew is only found in the Old Testament, meaning there is no body of literature in biblical Hebrew outside of the Bible itself.

Just quoting scripture is not pointing out how I am wrong. You need to actually point out where what I am saying is counter to what the Bible is saying.

In the first part of your post, are you saying that because you think about the possibility of your having pride, then that frees you of having pride, to where you can go forth doing whatever you feel like doing without having any fear that you are exercising pride, having already extinguished pride from your heat earlier that day?


edit on 20-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by XplanetX
 


I pause and look at my sinful self in the mirror everyday and ask for forgiveness from God. Jesus gives us the template for the things that we should be praying about lest we become arrogant and divert ourselves away from God and his truth.

MT 6:9 "This, then, is how you should pray:

" `Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,

MT 6:10 your kingdom come,
your will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.

MT 6:11 Give us today our daily bread.

MT 6:12 Forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.

MT 6:13 And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one. '

If ancient Hebrew were a 'dead' language then we would not be able to translate it today.
have already told you how you are promoting a false teaching by showing you relevant scriptures.
Here is the definition of a dead language, from dictionary.com:

noun
a language that is no longer learned as a native language


So it does not mean a language that is undecipherable though it is close to it since a lot of what is in the old Hebrew is only fund in the Old Testament, meaning there is no body of literature in biblical Hebrew outside of the Bible itself.

Just quoting scripture is not pointing out how I am wrong. You need to actually point out where what I am saying is counter to what the Bible is saying.

In the first part of your post, are you saying that because you think about the possibility of your having pride, then that frees you of having pride, to where you can go forth doing whatever you feel like doing without having any fear that you are exercising pride, having already extinguished pride from your heat earlier that day?






There is always pride in the heart of a man, some more so than others. You are stating that using the ancient Hebrew language for the name of Jesus will send people to hell. This is not scriptural and cannot be supported using the bible in any way, shape or form. I have already used scripture to show how you are incorrect, now it is up to you to try and use scripture to support your false teaching. You are going to need to twist the scripture pretty hard to do so. There is somebody that may be able to help you out, maybe he already does.





MT 4:1 Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the desert to be tempted by the devil. After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. The tempter came to him and said, "If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread."

MT 4:4 Jesus answered, "It is written: `Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.' "

MT 4:5 Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. "If you are the Son of God," he said, "throw yourself down. For it is written:

" `He will command his angels concerning you,
and they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.' "

MT 4:7 Jesus answered him, "It is also written: `Do not put the Lord your God to the test.' "

MT 4:8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. "All this I will give you," he said, "if you will bow down and worship me."

MT 4:10 Jesus said to him, "Away from me, Satan! For it is written: `Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.' "

MT 4:11 Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.



posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by NewAgeMan
 


. . .it's too bad you feel that way
. . .You sir have made a grave error
. . .what you are doing is very painful
. . .all in the need to be RIGHT
. . .making others WRONG
. . .not a good path to go down
. . .what you're doing is wrong
. . .a grave sin.

If I am wrong, you need to check yourself.

You are attacking the body of Christ, like a cancerous tumor, suggesting that different parts of the body (outside of yourself that is) be cast into HELL!
I'm not concerned for the spiritual body of Christ, but for you, a self-professed Christian brother. What I'm saying is that your absolute need to be right, and to keep going down this path, is the problem. I am trying to help you, by suggesting that you let this thread just die on the vine.
Will pray for you, but I'm not sure that's going to help.. and that's the scary part.



posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by NewAgeMan
 


. . .it's too bad you feel that way
. . .You sir have made a grave error
. . .what you are doing is very painful
. . .all in the need to be RIGHT
. . .making others WRONG
. . .not a good path to go down
. . .what you're doing is wrong
. . .a grave sin.

If I am wrong, you need to check yourself.

You are attacking the body of Christ, like a cancerous tumor, suggesting that different parts of the body (outside of yourself that is) be cast into HELL!
I'm not concerned for the spiritual body of Christ, but for you, a self-professed Christian brother. What I'm saying is that your absolute need to be right, and to keep going down this path, is the problem. I am trying to help you, by suggesting that you let this thread just die on the vine.
Will pray for you, but I'm not sure that's going to help.. and that's the scary part.

If you don't think anyone will be cast into hell, then why your concern?
I happen to believe a lot of people who don't expect it, will suddenly find themselves in hell and will have no clue why. Thinking this is not a possibility is a good way to have this happen to you.



posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60
 

Are you aware of the NDE's of Christians predominantly concerned with others who are going to hell, yep you guessed it.. it's not a pretty picture.



posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60
 

Oh, and how it's me, because I don't expect it..?!

Oh dear God..



posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Where is the hell or the satan - in Christ?

Edit: Where is the love of Christ in the threat of hell?

Think this all the way through friend, and then check yourself. But it's too late for that isn't it, since you can't back away from your stupid thread title! How pathetic!




edit on 21-9-2011 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by jmdewey60
 

Are you aware of the NDE's of Christians predominantly concerned with others who are going to hell, yep you guessed it.. it's not a pretty picture.
Your point is not getting across, and I am not guessing, so if you have a point, then spell it out.



posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
Where is the hell or the satan - in Christ?

Edit: Where is the love of Christ in the threat of hell?

Think this all the way through friend, and then check yourself. But it's too late for that isn't it, since you can't back away from your stupid thread title! How pathetic!
Now you seem to be trying to provoke me.



posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by jmdewey60
 

Oh, and how it's me, because I don't expect it..?!

Oh dear God..
Here you seem to be implying that I am damning you to hell.
If you are trying to prove how you are better than me, I don't think you are doing a very good job.
I don't feel ashamed of myself and I feel embarrassment for you.

edit on 21-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by WarminIndy
 

. . .the rest of us understand there are different languages and we are ok with people speaking the name Jesus.
And I keep explaining that there are no Hebrew speaking people who want to read the New Testament.
People I am talking about leave the English as-is, and just change the words like, Jesus.


Except for Messianic Jews. And I know some rabbis who do have the NT. I think you are stretching there. Just because there are Jewish people who choose not to believe the NT does not mean all of them do not have it. I think you have just stereotyped the people who are Jewish. My best friend is Jewish and has said to me many times that when her son is old enough to make his own decisions about what religion he wants to follow then he can. You underestimate the Jewish people. And I think you do not realize that there have been Christians in Israel since Christianity began, they never all left, and those people use the Hebrew NT because they speak Hebrew,



posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy
 

And I think you do not realize that there have been Christians in Israel since Christianity began, they never all left, and those people use the Hebrew NT because they speak Hebrew,
My understanding is that Christians in Palestine read the Greek New Testament. The Jews in Israel would be the people who use Hebrew as their official language.
My main point is that you hinge your entire argument on a hypothetical that somewhere, someone will need to translate Jesus into Hebrew. Then you build on that one circumstance to say that if one person could do that, then everybody can do it.



posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by WarminIndy
 


Why don't you explain why someone would want to translate the name, Jesus, into Hebrew?
This was your argument, that such and such name is just the Hebrew version of Jesus.
I just don't see that as having any relevance to the main question, that you can translate the name Jesus, into Hebrew.


The relevance is that you said they were going to hell for doing so. And they do it because they want to. English as we know it by the way, is not even as old as you think it is. English as we know it is only about 500 years old. So Jesus as we say it....is only 500 years old. So because English is new, and since it is new, it is the last new language on this earth.

English itself is an admixture of languages. John Wycliff called him Jhesu in his translation of the Bible before the KJV. The KJV was merely an updated version of the Wycliff, translated from the older admixture of English into Elizabethan English. Do you not know history as well?

You are speaking the youngest language on earth. You really should read some old documents to see how people spoke prior to the KJV. And the English of the KJV is still foreign to a lot of English speaking people today. So how do you know that they way we say Jesus is even right? And the Star Wars reference, again, don't base religion on movies.
edit on 9/21/2011 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
@ NewAgeMan

I just became aware that you are actually damning to me to hell, yourself, by my just now hearing what "grave sin" means.
So there you go, another of the many on this thread doing to me what I am accused of doing.



posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy
 
You really make a lot of assumptions about me being ignorant.
Why don't you just make general posts addressed to "All you really ignorant people out there"?



posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by WarminIndy
 

And I think you do not realize that there have been Christians in Israel since Christianity began, they never all left, and those people use the Hebrew NT because they speak Hebrew,
My understanding is that Christians in Palestine read the Greek New Testament. The Jews in Israel would be the people who use Hebrew as their official language.
My main point is that you hinge your entire argument on a hypothetical that somewhere, someone will need to translate Jesus into Hebrew. Then you build on that one circumstance to say that if one person could do that, then everybody can do it.


There are Christians in Israel.

www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...&_Culture/Christian_communities.html



new topics

top topics



 
2
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

log in

join