It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Praying in Paris streets outlawed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by spw184
Duh, it's hardly a liberal piece of legislation.

And yes I would imagine this is aimed at France's Muslim community.

Librals are always trying to keep things "Secular" Im pretty sure if they had it their way, we would all be atheists.

Go to France, Denmark, and other places in europe, see the social problems they are experiencing there for yourself, this is a political move to try to control the Islamic populations in these areas.

Secularization is the only option when it comes to governing areas containing diverse religious groups. This has nothing to do with 'librals' or atheism you idiot.
edit on Thu Sep 15 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: nested quote removed

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

hmmmm

Sounds great doesnt it....not being able to get in or out of your OWN home when these people block your streets.
The religion and praying IS the problem, lets not beat about the bush here. They are out in the streets, in their thousands...on a daily basis...several times a day...stopping people getting about their lives.

edit on 15-9-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
France has a massive Muslim problem. They Muslims, or "youths" as they are called by the French, routinely engage in violent acts of jihad. Burning cars, raping, killing, the non-Muslims, destroying private property.

If the French do not begin stopping the Islam, they will get more Jihad, and more muslim filled streets praying the Allah deity.

And soon they will be just another Islamic crap hole.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
To those who are saying, "It should be allowed!" please research the topic a little further before saying anything or at very least, look at the videos posted. So because they're Muslims, they shouldn't have to follow the law? If they want to have an open prayer like this, they need permission. Yet, it's something they never cared to get.

The police prior haven't put their foot down because they're afraid the Muslims will get violent. But it looks like now they've finally started saying "enough is enough". Europe isn't the Middle East. I have no qualms about people believing in Jesus, Buddha, Mohammad etc., but there's a time and place for it. After all, Europe has TONS of Mosques they can use, even in Paris.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Am I going to be allowed to think about God while visiting Paris? I guess they go too far, the law should have refer to large groups of people only. Even so it is rather looking like a form of marshal law ...
edit on 15-9-2011 by Romanian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
finally !!! the French get some kahunas and enforce the laws of the land.

leave it to the 'guests' to push it to this point.

i still can't believe any self-respecting person (regardless of religion) would intentionally disrupt, delay and destroy the peaceful functions of their neighbors.
how absolutely rude, disrespectful and detrimental.
serves them right for being uncooperative, confrontational and devoid of compassion for their fellow humans.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Romanian

As long as you do not labor under the impression that Allah and God are the same.

God is always welcome in the streets of Paris.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I live in downtown Seattle, WA ....if I want to kneel down in the middle of the sidewalk and say a prayer...I can.....by the way I have not done this as yet....but...I am going to....just to see what happens. Seattle is tolerant of a lot of behaviors...and as far as I know praying in the street is not against the law.

I am going to go to a popular shopping square downtown at lunch time with a friend of mine and we are going to kneel and pray.

I will let you know the reaction we got...(if anyone is interested).

I think the people in France should be able to pray outside if they want to...it doesn't hurt anyone.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

You do not understand the process of Jihad.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Romanian

Have you only read the OP or are you unable to view videos?

I think its fairly easy to answer your question...of course you can
Just dont get all your prayer buddies, hired security, metal fencing, and start blocking entire streets

I assume you cannot watch videos either??? Seriously...take a look...its a MAJOR problem in France.

edit on 15-9-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

No offense to islam but shouldnt they be praying in their masques?
How many times a day do they pray anyway?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Well they'd never stop me, as I pray short prayers often, and guess what, I don't stand under any one. They are not the boss of me. The only purpose for government is to redistribute tax dollars and services to everyone equally according to need, other wise they can buzz off. There is no other reason for their existence.
edit on 15-9-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

praying on the sidewalk is NOT the same.
praying in public is NOT the same
breaking laws to pray any way you want should land you in jail.
good luck in your endeavors.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Seems like this is a bigger problem than I thought
But they still could have just kept it at blocking the streets

Couldn't they have kept it at the state level?
What's the equivalent of states in France?
What's the word again?
I know it's not Commune, that's smaller, it's something else

I just don't get it though
Why block the streets and pray?
Why not find some other place that doesn't disturb others?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I think that's pretty good.
Praying, is basically talking to yourself, since there is no "god" that exists to pray to.
Religious people, they basically missed the mental ward.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

They want to disturb others and push the boundaries.
They want to stir up racial grievances, so all the do gooders that think its a few innocent muslims praying in a park somewhere, and back them "poor guys, its only praying"

I suggest everyone looks in to this further before saying "Id still do it" and "Its their right"......not enough people research for themselves. How many of you would have thought it wasnt as big a problem as it is had you not heard and seen it from somewhere else??

I live in the UK...i knew france had a big problem with immigrants and muslims...but DAMN, until i searched for myself i didnt realize HOW bad it was.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
I suggest everyone looks in to this further before saying "Id still do it" and "Its their right".....

That's not a right
People have a right to drive on their tax-payed roads when they want
If you have to block the streets you ask the city for permission first, like parades do

Now, there's single parents out there, we all agree on that right?
Single parents have to go home to their kids ASAP

But if a road is blocked then they have to pay more to a babysitter
If the babysitter is a normal person like a friend's daughter or something it's a little more money
If it's a babysitting facility then damn, they really charge extra

So they shouldn't have to pay for people wanting to pray and block traffic

People pay for roads, they should be allowed to use them

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Am I going to be allowed to meditate in the park in Paris?

Most likely. This is a banning of prayer on the streets.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
The fact that the person video taping this mentioned it was a hidden camera, that in itself sets a dangerous precedent right there, why does the person feel the need to hide his camera, not sure if theres a law against it after all it is a public street, maybe its more of fear.

Some people might not like this but this video disgusts me, this is pure arrogance in its finest form, overshadows any religious overtones for me, not my faith anyway, I didn't see one non-muslim person walking by in that video look happy, most looked pissed off and or uncomfortable, could you imagine living in the apts above the stores and having to listen to that five times a day, I'd be shaken my rugs out the window five times a day just for the fun of it. Good for France, hate to say it but the UK could use a little moxy, my Aunt still lives in Leeds but she says when she goes out which is rare, she feels like a stranger in a strange land. This is a good law to implement!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join