It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Praying in Paris streets outlawed

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by alphacenturi

Usually hiding the camera is to capture what the people are "really" doing. When people see a camera, often they make a point to suddenly start following the rules and being good. When the camera is hidden, they will act in very different manners.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by spw184

Duh, it's hardly a liberal piece of legislation.

And yes I would imagine this is aimed at France's Muslim community.

Librals are always trying to keep things "Secular" Im pretty sure if they had it their way, we would all be atheists.

And if the Muslims have their way we will all be dead or forced to convert to their religion.
edit on Thu Sep 15 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: nested quote removed

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
We aren't supposed to pray out in public just for the sake of public attention:

Matthew 6:5-6(KJV)
5And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
6But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

And this is nothing new for France. They were the ones who killed the two Witnesses in 1793. If you want to learn about it, please click the following link and read all of it.

www.remnantofgod.org...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

Hate to say this but I think more its more cautionary because of a possible backlash, I highly doubt any muslim would pick up his mat and trot on home, on the other hand thats exactly what they should have been doing!

Like I said before pure arrogance.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
I live in downtown Seattle, WA ....if I want to kneel down in the middle of the sidewalk and say a prayer...I can.....by the way I have not done this as yet....but...I am going to....just to see what happens. Seattle is tolerant of a lot of behaviors...and as far as I know praying in the street is not against the law.

I am going to go to a popular shopping square downtown at lunch time with a friend of mine and we are going to kneel and pray.

I will let you know the reaction we got...(if anyone is interested).

I think the people in France should be able to pray outside if they want to...it doesn't hurt anyone.

We'll show this Godless nation our defiance. That our God comes first and foremost in ALL things and it is HIS will that shall be done on earth as it is in heaven. Its going to be sweet when Jesus returns because the entire world is going to be like WTF
is happening???

And then the heathen will be conquered by what they thought was a myth and they will think they stepped off into the twilight zone.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeramie
We aren't supposed to pray out in public just for the sake of public attention:

Matthew 6:5-6(KJV)
5And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
6But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

And this is nothing new for France. They were the ones who killed the two Witnesses in 1793. If you want to learn about it, please click the following link and read all of it.

www.remnantofgod.org...

Very interesting interpretation, but guess what? Those 2 witnesses you mentioned that were killed in 1793 can die more than one time. They were killed and resurrected. The truth however, is that as long as there is a written testament to the truth, it can always be killed again in like fashion and so it shall by the Son of Perdition in the Tribulation, that were are right now witnessing the birth of.

The Old Testament and New Testament shall be killed by the rejection of men, and the Holy Spirit shall be removed from earth, as is happening also right now as we speak. It is being squashed by pagan religions and by atheism and agnosticism and "they" shall rejoice when the 2 witness are dead.

You see that prophecy can be fulfilled more than once and it is right now again being fulfilled before our eyes as the world begins to reject Christ.
edit on 15-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I guess that France does not have the equivalent of a first amendment. Our first amendment rights are pretty eroded in the US but if someone tried to ban praying in public the ACLU and the constitutionalists on the right and the left would be shouting that law down at the top of their lungs. Who ever proposed it might find they have no safe place to avoid media attention.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayouttheredude
I guess that France does not have the equivalent of a first amendment. Our first amendment rights are pretty eroded in the US but if someone tried to ban praying in public the ACLU and the constitutionalists on the right and the left would be shouting that law down at the top of their lungs. Who ever proposed it might find they have no safe place to avoid media attention.

Pretty sure that gathering in large numbers in public to block a street with prayer is not recommended in the US. Just saying...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
They call America the great satan?
MorOOns...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I find it very ironic that often people have the strongest opinions to voice about things they do not know much about!

Obviously, some here do not understand the situation in France as it is. This is not about a person stopping to pray in the street. This is about HUGE groups of people blocking off a street, having their own guards, keeping cars from entering that street, keeping people who live on the street from being able to get out or into their apartment during these hours.

What they've been doing already WAS illegal- in France any demonstration, parade, gathering, even protest, has to have a permit to block off and use a street this way- to be requested at the mayors office before the date of the event. They do not do that. The police have been kept away from doing anything about it for fear of uprising in the Muslim community. They go out in the streets and burn cars for any reason they can think of.

This law specifically naming prayer isn't going to change that, I suspect. It won't be enforced. They are already too bullied and afraid. Besides having the Muslims hit the streets and riot again, they'd have all these people in other countries who have no idea what is going on making a big noise about individual rights.

What about the individual rights of the person who lives on that street?
What about the individual rights of the people that need to use that street to get to work?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Absolutely fascinating clips of Paris.

I'd be embarrassed to point my butt-cheeks out in public like that.
I guess it depends on the setting, but doing it in the street like that borders on indecency.

It would be a good moment for a Hare Krishna procession to march though the buttock parade, with their banging drums and percussion. That would probably cause quite a stir, so it's probably best to ban it all in public.

Here we have the problem of the influx of Somalis who blast their call to prayer around 4 in the morning, and although they have attached speakers to a supposed "prayer room" (and thus operate an illegal mosque) the city refuses to take any action.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
What I'm suspicious of is- the deals that were made with the Muslim leaders! So they were given a public building to use (a fire station), while awaiting the construction of a bigger mosque.
This whole time the Muslims have been using the excuse that their Mosques were not big enough, and wanting the state to remedy this, saying they don't have the funds to build.
So..... where did they suddenly come up with the funds to build this bigger Mosque???
Smells fishy to me. I'm afraid us tax payers are the answer to that question!

Many of our friends are cops (police and gendarme). They have orders that defy imagination and leave them frustrated. Like helmets are obligatory in France, and it is enforced on all -whites!
But when the police see three arab kids piled on a scooter or motorcycle, without helmets, they have been ordered NOT to go after them or try to stop them!

The reason? Because they will not stop (they never do) they try to outrun the cops, and end up getting into an accident (which, without helmets, will be serious). As this has happened a bunch of times, and half of the country went into an uproar blaming the police for chasing them (et allez, the cars start burning.....), they have orders not to do anything at all and let them continue, breaking the law.

This is how France is becoming a Muslim country. It has the largest Muslim population in all of Europe, of course. What muslim wouldn't want to come here??? They do not have to respect any laws, they can do whatever they want, they can live well without having to work a day in their lives, have free medical care and housing. It's ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I pray before meals so If I were to eat something on the street...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I'm personally atheist but if stupid piece of legistlation would be passed here I'd go and cross my fingers, bow down and say few verses to cthulu or something. Just to make a point.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Varemia
Pretty sure that gathering in large numbers in public to block a street with prayer is not recommended in the US. Just saying...

I'm pretty sure of this too, however, the law here is to ban praying in public streets, period. We have plenty of public prayers in the United States. Most of them are political, infront of courts, legislators, mostly Christian. Sometimes it's just folks praying in a public show of their beliefs. This law in France from my understanding is more than just a group disturbing the public, it's a show of religious worship in all forms, at any street.

If this law was passed in the united states, it would be unconstitutional.

I can understand the actions of the French lawmakers, but as BH had stated, they could have just enforced the traffic laws. Banning prayer in the streets period sets so many precedents, it crosses so many freedoms...
edit on 15-9-2011 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Good news. I hope this spreads to the whole of Europe.

In my opinion, and only my opinion, where you find someone praying you find an idiot with poor self esteem and a weak and gullible nature.

Best news I have heard all week. Hopefully this is the first step to outlawing the ridiculous concept and fad that is religion.

I actually, this is not a joke at all, rank religious people lower than animals. It is my BELIEF that religious people will be the ones who are sacrificed when we eventually cull the population. Let's pray that happens

edit on 15-9-2011 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
No one is owned by the state. That is the fundamental principal. They're just employees.
edit on 16-9-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-9-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Thats France for you. Like anyone is really going to pray in the street and get hit, this is just a push to outlaw Faiths, as you will see eventually. I predict that in the near future all religion/faiths will be outlawed.

Heck not to mention France even banned women wearing Burqa...not such thing happened in the USA. remember, Europe isn't as fond of diversity as much.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Jails will be then filled with people, their crime praying ?

What is the world coming to *sigh*
The planet has become insane.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
thought this video may be relevent

www.hoover.org...

I was a U.S infantry soldier stationed in Schweinfurt Germany I was deployed to Iraq I did fifteen months there. One time when I was at garrison there was a detail to goto France to honor our lost soldiers on D day at Normandy. The trip was uneventful until we got to Paris where our two us military vans were blocked on both sides of the street by praying Muslims, now the ncoic rolled the door on our van to tell them to move, when they realized we where U.S army it started getting pretty tense in there anyway they ended up letting us out, regardless had they of waited much longer I honestly don’t know what would had happened. This is the only country in the world I have seen other than Arab countries such as Iraq that this happens and is allowed. I believe like others have stated that perhaps out right banning of praying is not appropriate however I don’t at all criticize the French governments actions these people are insane not all Muslims but the ones that try to force there ideology on a nation that is clearly not Muslim I believe that’s insane and must be stopped. On the flip side some might say that America dose just that but I don’t wish to get into that conversation right now.
edit on 16-9-2011 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join