It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin had affairs with NBA star and husband's business partner

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

I guess what they say about the right regarding humor is true...the Onion is satire? I had no idea.
Edit to add: I was wondering how long it was going to take him considering he was using a shovel? Maybe 3 years as a rough guess?

CJ
edit on 16-9-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

The solution: Charter Schools

Yes, let's dumb down the nation and increase student debt even more...makes perfect sense

LINK

Private colleges are often at least twice as expensive as public colleges...and we already have skyrocketing student debt, it's a MASSIVE bubble. Clearly, privatization isn't the way to go, unless your goal is to make education unobtainable for a large percentage of the population, or if you want to ensure they all got massive debt once they graduate. The average graduate now earns around $30-40k per year, which funny enough is the average cost private colleges charge per year. Calculate how long it takes students to repay that debt, especially given the interest rates and you realize what a DUMB idea 100% private colleges are.

The US is already losing ground to many parts of the world when it comes to education. I mean, there's people who serioulsy believe the world is only 10k years old!! India for example has more honor students than the US has students. Those clever, well educated people will boost India's economy, while our economy will suffer if you dumb down the nation by making it almost unobtainable for most. How many people can afford to pay $30k+ per semester in addition to living expenses???

Higher education is KEY to being well off and not unemployed. Compare the unemployment rates of college graduates with non-college graduates and you realize how important a good education is. Making it unobtainable for the large majority of the country is just plain dumb, and would seriously hurt the economy. Or maybe not, maybe we could get clever immigrants to do all the tasks the US population will be too stupid to do if your plan succeeds? But don't turn around and moan about immigrants if that happens

In short: For crying out loud, look at the facts before posting more nonsense...
edit on 16-9-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development?
Well, hold on there. Lets not get too many balls in the air at the same time.
-------
Don't overload President Sarah Palin & Vice President Marco Rubio.

1- Repeal ObamaCare

2- Abolish & Defund the EPA: List the savings on the White House website. Let the American
people see the numbers.

3- Fire everyone at the Department of Education: Watch DVD sales skyrocket for
Waiting for Superman.

That would all need to happen the first week of February 2013.
edit on 16-9-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-9-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Did you even watch Waiting for Superman??????
------------
The current public schools are a disgrace!
Don't you care?
What's the matter with you?
------------
Our children deserve better!
Put them all in charter schools for just 1 year and watch what happens.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Charter schools = dumbing down?
Surely you are mistaken.
A report just came out today that Home Schooled kids are beating out public schooled kids by leaps and bounds.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by MrXYZ

Did you even watch Waiting for Superman??????
------------
The current public schools are a disgrace!
Don't you care?
What's the matter with you?
------------
Our children deserve better!
Put them all in charter schools for just 1 year and watch what happens.

Just because one option isn't perfect doesn't mean you automatically have to switch to an option that is DEMONSTRABLY worse

I went to a private school (undergrad & grad), and including living expenses, I ended up paying over $500k for that. The only reason I'm debt free now is because I picked a field paying really really well. The average student doesn't end up working in a field paying that much money. But we NEED those people. We need scientists (who often don't end up making a lot of $$), we need city planners (who also don't make a killing), and a ton of other professions that couldn't cope wtih the high cost of private schools.

If you truly believe privatization is an option, how about showing us how the average American is supposed to afford that without becoming a slave of the banks? Eagerly awaiting your analysis...hopefully it'll be backed up with facts rather than random claims

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

May be ignorant on the subject but, couldn't you simply remove the taxes paid in the district traditionally that goes to the schools and help fund this way? Perhaps offset a majority of the cost?

CJ

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

I guess what they say about the right regarding humor is true...the Onion is satire?

Then let me provide some more education for you.

source

The Onion is an American news satire organization. It is an entertainment newspaper and a website featuring satirical articles reporting on international, national, and local news ...

I had no idea.

Obviously ...

The fact that you believed The Onion to be "real news" speaks volumes ...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

ALL that they care about is the Almighty Teachers Union.
To hell with the students.
-----------
Charter Schools are the solution.
It must be done.

President Sarah Palin & Vice President Marco Rubio will have a very busy first week
at the White House.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

I'm not sure really what to say centurion, I'm just kind of giggling and smiling

I will say this: The Onion is certainly not who you think they are: How about this for some preconditioning?
Keep in mind this was WAY before the public started to notice!

Strange sound in sky

Also, I could have sworn I saw this reported in the Economist:

Shall I go on? I'll reiterate what was said above...I guess what they say about the right and humor are true.

CJ
edit on 16-9-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Dated, petty and available...although they didn't say they can prove any of the claims are false.

More education for you - on logic this time.

source

Argument from ignorance, also known as argumentum ad ignorantiam or "appeal to ignorance", is a fallacy in informal logic. It asserts that a proposition is true because it has not been proven false

and

Argument from ignorance may be used as a rationalization by a person who realizes that he has no reason for holding the belief that he does.

My underlining for emphasis to show the fallacy of your statement and the "thought process" that produced it.

Argument from ignorance indeed.

Keep trying ...

edit on 9/16/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Can you explain to me in detail why Charter schools are the solution???

I'd like to hear about this.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Ahem.

CJ

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I think you have been drinking the Teachers Union cool aid.
----------
I can't believe you are defending the status quo.

Go watch - Waiting for Superman -.
The truth will bring you out of your current trance.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

You've referenced that movie in just about every post. Any other sources for you info?

CJ

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by MrXYZ
To be honest, I couldn't care less about her personal life. I also didn't care about Wiener's pic.

What I do care about is her level of economic knowledge, and in that area, she fails so miserably, it's almost comical

What I care about is the reaction of her supporters to these new findings.

It is absoluetly amazing what people will do to lie to themselves.

I wouldn't worry. I got agitated when she ran as vice president, but it's 100% clear that she won't really run now. She knows the money's better as a reality starlet, so that's what she'll do. She'll drive around in a bus, make some random "family values, restore America (to a version that never existed) speeches" and cash in on corporate/personal donors. Also, over $60m of TP donations have now been used to support GOP candidates, so you could really look at them as a GOP subsidiary. A more extreme subsidiary, to the point where even conservatives got pissed off at them...as was evident during the budget ceiling negotiations.

Just look at her as the clueless, lying (LINK) clown she is. I mean, out of 51 time, she only spoke the truth 10 times...20% chance of her not lying, nice. I think only Bachmann lies more if you check her track record

edit on 16-9-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

ok, but what about Bachmann then ???

you like that kind of wife ? ok, go ahead, you will be surprised !!!

edit on 16-9-2011 by Sunlionspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

You've referenced that movie in just about every post. Any other sources for you info?

CJ

Like you've been referencing the Palin smear book and author ad nauseum in just about every post.

Any other sources for "you" info?

Deny hypocrisy and level playing field ...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

I guess what they say about the right regarding humor is true...the Onion is satire?

Then let me provide some more education for you.

source

The Onion is an American news satire organization. It is an entertainment newspaper and a website featuring satirical articles reporting on international, national, and local news ...

I had no idea.

Obviously ...

The fact that you believed The Onion to be "real news" speaks volumes ...

May I add: Look at my sig...guess where I got it from? You aren't an aries are you?

CJ

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Ahem.

CJ

And most so-called progressives say Fox News is not real news.

So, which is it for you? Do you also think Fox News is real news?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I don't want to watch a movie.

I want the person who is champion Charter School here on ATS to educate me on why Charter schools are the solution.

Why don't you want to help me understand this???

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join