It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning! Obama, White House Disagree Over Own Jobs Bill

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
yeah someone needs to do some research

when there are 25 million out of work and another 50 million on welfare

meh

and whats the unemployement rate? over 9 %?
edit on 13-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

lol,and i guess thats all obamas faught in a little under 4 years huh-lmaf.
bump

edit on 13-9-2011 by LogiosHermes27 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Okay, I admit that, but it did say later that they created 1.6 million jobs and saved a bunch more jobs, so you're right, not quite 4 million because the Republicans wouldn't give them the kind of money to actually be a really successful stimulus bill.

Also, the people who got those road construction jobs were probably thankful that they had a job at all, and thankful that the stimulus gave them something, rather than angry because the job isn't completely sustainable.

Regardless. What have the Republicans done to save jobs? Which is what I originally was curious about. At least Obama created something, 1.6 million jobs, the Republicans have done jack s*** for America. I am pissed off about people complaning about America but doing nothing to fix the problem, and then roadblocking the people who are at least doing something for people. If the Republicans actually worked with Obama, we could have good bills that did good work, rather than crappy bills that only do a small amount.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacekc929
reply to post by centurion1211

Okay, so where is your all amazing psychological research that Obama's race has nothing to do with it? haha.

You (should) know about logically trying to prove the negative ...

And I wasn't accusing everyone of being a racist, so I don't have to prove anything.

You were making the accusations, and so it is you that should offer more proof than what you call "common sense" based on nothing more than your own opinions.

So, let's hear it! (the proof that everyone is a racist).

Waiting ...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LogiosHermes27

considering obama doubling the welfare payroll and failing policies

its on him but i forget obama can and has done no wrong

funny how bush is always held accountable for everything and obamas not.

theres your

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogiosHermes27
reply to post by Chance321

What in god’s life could any president do after the ‘Historic Debacle’ that bush and the republicans did to this country before obama became president ?

What would you had done differently?

You (conveniently it seems) forget that democrats had control of congress for the last 2 years of the Bush administration and the first 2 years of the obama administration. And that congress controls the spending.

And that the economy started to come apart after the democrats took control of congress.

And that the democrats haven't been able to turn around the economic mess they created YET.

So, no everyone is not a racist, and no everything is not Bush's fault.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

its more of the same failed policies of the last three years.

bailouts for the unions and more spending that do nothing but waste more taxpayer money

and you know the bill is trash when they want it passed tout de suite its not about doing the right thing for the country its about keep the potus and left in power and in a postivie light.

there has not been one time that this current potus has ever put country first

Name for me the last president in the last three decades that put his country over the calls of private interest.

I love how to some, it wasn't until Obama got power that the POTUS suddenly started acting like an ass.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

What in god’s life could any president do after the ‘Historic Debacle’ that bush and the republicans did to this country before obama became president ?

Well, lets see, the democrates were in control of both the House and Senate for the last two years of President Bush and for the first two years of obama, so it's not fully President Bush's mess the dems had their fingers in it too.
What would I have done? I'd kick the doors open on drilling here in the US, get us out from under opecs thumb. That would create thousands of private industry jobs not the government one like obama. I'd build more refineries on both coasts to handle the in coming oil, that would creat jobs. Then I'd start building nuclear power plants to the strictest standards to with stand a 9.0 quake to cover those bases, there would be thousands of more jobs and those people in turn would be buying homes, cars, eatting out, ect. Those homes and cars would create more jobs. Then I would invest in alternitave fuels once we got off opec. I'd build a wall never mind the fence along our souther boarder, that would create even more jobs. I'd give industry every break possible to return to the US, if they don't every product the produce outside of the US would face hefty charges.
It would take time years actually and it wouldn't be easy, but I think that would put us back on the right path.
What happened to the price of oil during the Drill here drill now talks? Oil went down, it scared the other oil producing nations. What did the price of oil do when obama put on the ban on drilling here in the US, it went up.

And what has obama done? Put a ban on all drilling. The solar panel company he loaned millions to has gone under, no jobs created in either deal. And his "shovel ready jobs as he jokes wasn't shovel ready yet so no jobs there.
He doesn't understand that you can't save this country by starting class warfair.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

You (conveniently it seems) forget that democrats had control of congress for the last 2 years of the Bush administration and the first 2 years of the obama administration. And that congress controls the spending.

And that the economy started to come apart after the democrats took control of congress.

And that the democrats haven't been able to turn around the economic mess they created YET.

Spare me this partisan nonsense about who did what and when.

Both parties have worked toward the destruction of this country with their loyalty to the banks, signing bogus fta's, waging costly wars, ensuring that medical costst remain high, etc.

Picking sides at this point is a fool's gambit...they are ALL against YOU.

Wake up fellow american.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I'm sick of arguing about this. People on both sides of this issue will conveniently ignore facts when straight up presented with them. I think that this entire country is down the tube. Obama is weak, the Republicans are a**holes, and the Democrats just don't know what they're doing. Not to mention, private interests control the public sector and big corporations are getting exactly what they want, while we sit here and argue about whether Obama's job bill worked or not. Who knows. Nothing in this country makes sense anymore. For all we know about how our government actually functions, all the stimulus funding could have gone to the aliens who are watching us from above Moscow or wherever it is they are these days. So yeah, I'm done arguing about stupid things, done arguing about race (don't know why I even started to argue about that, it's unprovable one way or the other) and I'm done arguing about Obama. Obama is a failure and I don't know why I even try to support him, I really don't like him and he has disappointed me more times than I can count. So yeah. Whatever.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

Wow, I really wish I could disagree with you, but sadly it has come down to that hasn't it? Them against us. Only problem is, I don't see how we could ever get a third party in and we do need a third party. All I see a third party do, unless he/she's IT would split the votes between the two parties. It's basically come down to voteing for the lesser of two evils. And it's not obama. (sorry had to throw that in there
)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by lernmore
Hmm...so,

What is one of the most important states one needs in order to win a presidential election?
That's right! Ohio!

Guess where I just caught a live feed of Obama, just minutes ago, blaming it on republicans?

Looks like somebody's hitting the campaign trail early...

May I ask what the problem with him campaigning is? I mean if the country were in trouble and our "leaders" were working toward fixing it and Obama was campaigning early, I could see it. He is just barely playing catch up with all the Republicans that have been campaigning against him practically since he was elected. I have already seen plenty of ads and a couple debates from the other side. How long is Obama supposed to wait?

More importantly, what is the problem with this bill?
I really want real answers that cite the bill itself.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave

Originally posted by centurion1211

Spare me this partisan nonsense about who did what and when.

Wake up fellow american.

Totally awake. You?

Interesting how as soon as someone proves a point, the other side says something like, "Spare me this partisan nonsense about who did what and when".

The ATS equivalent of saying, "Doh!"?

Whether you want to accept it or not, the facts and timeline on this economic mess are what they are.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave

its more of the same failed policies of the last three years.

bailouts for the unions and more spending that do nothing but waste more taxpayer money

and you know the bill is trash when they want it passed tout de suite its not about doing the right thing for the country its about keep the potus and left in power and in a postivie light.

there has not been one time that this current potus has ever put country first

I love how to some, it wasn't until Obama got power that the POTUS suddenly started acting like an ass.

Really?

Try doing an ATS search using the words "Bush" and "ass", and then spend some time reading the over 10 pages of "hits" to your search for examples of what that president went through.

Obama hasn't seen anything like that.

Hell, obama has even been heaping his own blame on Bush for everything that's happened to him (obama).
edit on 9/13/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

yeah the facts are:

fanny and freddy
department of education
the federal reserve
social security
medicare
medicaid
and decades of democratic failed polticies that has led this nation off a cliff with promises made no one can keep and hey lets add more.

but silly me all that is just "partisan nonsense"

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

BTW, just noticed your signature.

Love it. And how appropriate for these times as well.

Problem is that the Romans didn't pay attention to Cicero, and we know what happened to them ...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

its all happened before it will all happen again

maybe that would be different if people learned their history.

thought it was a rather fitting signature for these times.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I'm afraid to find out what they really want the money for. It could be for Unions, or it could be...fill in the blank with unimaginable stuff we never even heard of....
Axelrod and Jarrett and the whole crew there are the most corrupt communist subversives I've ever seen since Jimmy Carter days.
edit on 13-9-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

yeah stuff like 26 year olds still being on their mommy and daddys insurance policies and millions of middle class who are now covered on medicaid.

stuff like that.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

Nope, the Liberal Left totally trashed Bush and the entire office of the Presidency.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacekc929

Okay, so where is your all amazing psychological research that Obama's race has nothing to do with it? haha. I was posting based on common sense, based on knowing how people act towards people they don't know - with fear. But if you think people DON'T treat people from other countries and races in a different way, if you really think everyone in the world thinks everyone else in the world is hunky dory, then whatever, I guess your opinion is more important than mine. But in reality, people are drawn to people like them and afraid of people different than them. It's just human nature.

The POTUS currently occupying the Wh is pretty much following the Democrat/leftist blueprint of past Presidents....FDR Carter Clinton oh yes and Wilson
edit on 13-9-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join