It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning! Obama, White House Disagree Over Own Jobs Bill

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I'd like to see what Jobs Bill the Republicans have come up with. Oh wait. They haven't come up with anything.

I'd like to see the Republicans 'working with' Democrats instead of doing everything they can to deny Obama success. But no, even if Obama's bill works for a good portion of Americans, it is still Obama's bill and must still be denied under any circumstances.

If indeed Obama has contradicted himself, it is because of the Republicans. He wants to pass the whole bill but he knows that the Republicans will never go for it because anything that even hints at increasing taxes on anyone will be shot down immediately - REGARDLESS of if raising taxes actually helps the American people. So therefore, he is going to have to settle for them picking and choosing until they take everything meaningful out of the bill and turn it into a useless waste of money, then blame him for it.

I am not saying Obama is perfect or even that the jobs bill is all that amazing, but man, I would really, really love to see the Republicans propose an alternative jobs bill that works better than Obama's, instead of simply doing their darndest to deny Obama any success so that they can get re-elected, at the expense of the American people's jobs.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by LogiosHermes27

no real smart american will even acknowledge that race baiting post

nice try tho

race baiting post

Loll, I have no idea what a race baiting post is, I do understand what the truth is unfortunately, and im not blind nor will I trick my self or my brain to believing otherwise. ‘It is what it is’

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

That's definitely a point.
What the GOP could do now of course, is to denounce the anonymous GOP aide, stating that they will look at the bill based on its merits.
On the other hand you have Mitch McConnel who numerously stated as his only goal to be for Obama to fail.

Still, i can not see any contradiction on "all would be better, but if we get some, we will take it, and ask for the rest"
Is it yet another (preemptive) cave in? Yes, no doubt.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

What in god’s life could any president do after the ‘Historic Debacle’ that bush and the republicans did to this country before obama became president ?

What would you had done differently?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogiosHermes27

Originally posted by Chance321

Where is it that Republicans have been doing this? obama hasn't done one thing to make things better. Okey, he had a good idea with the cash for clunkers, that was a good idea to help the American car makers and I supported him on that . . . until he caved and allowed it to cover imports too. He was all for drilling . . . until poof a few days later we have the Deep water Horizon oil rig fire (kinda odd dont you think?). Then he banned all drilling. Then HE shut down the Shuttle program putting thousands out of work and forcing the US to take a back seat to russia and china for the space program. Then the health care bill, remember the " You have to pass it to see what's in it?" Seems to me obamas doing a fine job of shooting himself in the foot.

How can he do better when every good bill or idea he comes up with gets shot down by the republican majority?

Are you serious?
edit on 13-9-2011 by LogiosHermes27 because: (no reason given)

Too Funny. Time to brush up on your politics. Obama had the majority in the House and Senate for 2.5 years and accomplished nothing to dig our nation out of trouble. They just spent us deeper into doom. You crack me up newbie. I like a little humor in the posts. Cheers!!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Unlike the Republicans, who are a Uniform Mass, Democrats can't unite on one issue to save their lives. They didn't get anything done even with a majority because many of them thought Obama's plans weren't liberal enough for them, and voted no, and no Republican, even if the plan is what would be considered a Republican plan if a Republican drafted it (Obamacare) will vote 'yes' for Obama. Oh yeah, and they did that handy filibuster thing on EVERY SINGLE BILL Obama proposed when he had utter control of the Senate, which only required 40. So yeah, the Republican's have been a pain in Obama's rear end since the beginning of his presidency, uniformly voting against him and filibustering him.

Also, Obama doesn't like to be insulted and so he tries to please everyone, but ends up pleasing no one. He is easily intimidated by Fox News and Rush Limbaugh and the like. Not that the Republicans should necessarily go easier because of his sensibilities, but the Republicans have most certainly had their hand in all his failures. Hillary should have been the President, hands down!
edit on 9/13/2011 by spacekc929 because: also

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Your right.
Can you help me brush up on my politics and tell me in truthfulness ...where did all the money go from the stimulas package that was suppose to be for the people?
NOW THATS FUNNY!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by americanbuffalo1

Yes it is always racism. It has nothing to do with him being a WEAK leader. It has nothing to do with the fact he has done nothing positive in his term. It has nothing to do with the fact both parties are full of self aggrandizing nest padders who want nothing more than unchallenged power and unlimited money. It's all because of race isn't it?

It's all because of race isn't it?

Only to people with a bad case of racial tunnel vision.

Only 69% of it to the average white america,and 98% of the republican senate ,so i guess yes!!

The Republican senate? Go back and look again. The democrats control the senate. And while you're seeing racists under every rock, don't forget that a former democrat senator (Byrd - WV) was also a member of the KKK.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

reply to post by jibeho

Your right.
Can you help me brush up on my politics and tell me in truthfulness ...where did all the money go from the stimulas package that was suppose to be for the people?
NOW THATS FUNNY!

That actually a pretty good question from you.

Do some research and you will find that instead of using the stimulus money for actual job creation, the money was actually just more of the same "pork barrel" spending by a then democratic controlled , House, Senate (and White House).

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

It's probably not a race thing to you, or even a lot of people on ATS, who are smarter than the general populace. To a lot of people, without it even being a conscious thing, it really is a big deal to them. A lot people don't even realize that subconsciously they are racist, not because they are bad people but because we are programmed to prejudge people different from us to ensure our own safety. So yeah, in a mostly white country, I am not surprised that to many people, even though they don't realize it, Obama's race is a huge issue and one of the biggest reasons why they don't support him. They think he is "not from here" when we have never thought about any other white person not being from here, even John McCain, who was born outside of America (on a military base, but still, we accept that very easily, but don't accept that Obama is from Hawaii). Obama is "different" from the status quo and it scares a lot of people.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacekc929
reply to post by jibeho

Oh yeah, and they did that handy filibuster thing on EVERY SINGLE BILL Obama proposed when he had utter control of the Senate, which only required 40. So yeah, the Republican's have been a pain in Obama's rear end since the beginning of his presidency, uniformly voting against him and filibustering him.
edit on 9/13/2011 by spacekc929 because: also

Always chuckle when I hear or see people saying that the Republicans blocked obama and the democrat's legislation when for two years the democrats had a filibuster proof majority.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

You could also do some research and see that it created almost 4 million jobs:

money.cnn.com...

However, it didn't create enough jobs to combat our already failing economy. The stimulus should have been bigger, not smaller.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

It's probably not a race thing to you, or even a lot of people on ATS, who are smarter than the general populace. To a lot of people, without it even being a conscious thing, it really is a big deal to them. A lot people don't even realize that subconsciously they are racist, not because they are bad people but because we are programmed to prejudge people different from us to ensure our own safety. So yeah, in a mostly white country, I am not surprised that to many people, even though they don't realize it, Obama's race is a huge issue and one of the biggest reasons why they don't support him. They think he is "not from here" when we have never thought about any other white person not being from here, even John McCain, who was born outside of America (on a military base, but still, we accept that very easily, but don't accept that Obama is from Hawaii). Obama is "different" from the status quo and it scares a lot of people.

Please post where you got your psychology degree and/or credentials, or what you "think" everyone's problem is isn't worth the electrons you used to transmit it to ATS.

Seriously, even with some sort of psychology degree, that is nothing more than your own opinion about everyone else's motives. And IMO - which carries as much weight as yours - you are wrong about everyone else.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
yeah someone needs to do some research

when there are 25 million out of work and another 50 million on welfare

meh

and whats the unemployement rate? over 9 %?
edit on 13-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

So race has nothing to do with this huh ?
Is that really what you want me to believe?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Uhm, no they didn't. The Republicans had 41, that's what you need to filibuster.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

race aint got jack to do with anything if you view your potus just as his color and nothing else your the racist

for the rest of us that view him for his his actions and complete and total failure arent.

but hey who was the one who brought race into the discussion ?

wasnt any of us now was it.
edit on 13-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I just saw another related article: news.yahoo.com...

I was admittedly angered that the President failed to mention in his speech that the jobs bill contains a provision to allow private employers to employ people for training purposes and allow them to collect unemployment benefits. If this is allowed, we have reached the point where corporations can now feed endlessly off unemployed to fulfill work for their companies, under the guise of training. This is slavery, and nearly a form of corporate facism that allows corporations to prosper by not actually hiring workers and dumping that responsibility to the states.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Okay, so where is your all amazing psychological research that Obama's race has nothing to do with it? haha. I was posting based on common sense, based on knowing how people act towards people they don't know - with fear. But if you think people DON'T treat people from other countries and races in a different way, if you really think everyone in the world thinks everyone else in the world is hunky dory, then whatever, I guess your opinion is more important than mine. But in reality, people are drawn to people like them and afraid of people different than them. It's just human nature.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

You could also do some research and see that it created almost 4 million jobs:

money.cnn.com...

However, it didn't create enough jobs to combat our already failing economy. The stimulus should have been bigger, not smaller.

You know I did read the entire article (instead of cherry picking) and this is what it said.

The administration's initial stimulus plan, the $787 billion package passed in February 2009, was designed to save or create about 4 million jobs.

Key words: SAVE or create. And just how does one quantify a "saved job" and say it was because of the stimulus? Most people understand that the administration only started talking about "saved jobs" when it became clear that the job promises obama made would not be met. More political BS to try and fool the public - which unfortunately seems to have worked ...

and ...

So even if estimates of more than 4 million jobs saved or created was correct, it was not nearly enough to get the job market back on track.

And many of the jobs created or saved through earlier efforts have now come to an end. Most of the public works projects, such as road repavings and bridge repairs, have been completed. Money given to states to keep teachers, fire fighters and police on the job has run out.

Proof of why the government cannot fix the job situation through stimulus. Without a sound economy to support the jobs long term, the government "created/funded" jobs are not sustainable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join