It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning! Obama, White House Disagree Over Own Jobs Bill

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Surprise Surprise! and to think Obama's camp wants another rush/emergency vote on this POS legislation.

The White House was in disarray on Tuesday as President Barack Obama and his leading aides sent out a series of contradictory messages about his highly touted $447 billion jobs plan.

On the one hand Obama and his top economic adviser gave the go-ahead to Republicans to pick and choose parts of the bill and pass them while rejecting others.

But another of Obama’s top political advisers said exactly the opposite during an appearance on ABC’s "Good Morning America."

You'd think that they had plenty of time to get their stories straight while the nation was teased into waiting for Obama's big speech. I guess vacations are far more important...
This is like an Abbott and Costello routine

"We're not in a negotiation to break up the package,” David Axelrod told George Stephanopoulos. “It's not an a la carte menu. It's a strategy to get this country moving.

"The president has a package, the package works together. We need to do many things to get this economy moving," Axelrod added.

The hard-hitting, no-nonsense statement from one of the men closest to the president was clearly at odds with what Obama had said only on Monday, when he told a meeting of Hispanic journalists that the bill could be broken up.

“Obviously if (Congress) passes parts of it I’m not going to veto those parts,” the Wall Street Journal quoted Obama as saying.

“I will sign it but I will say then ‘give me the rest.’ And I will keep on making that argument as long as the need is there to put people back to work.”

Today Axelrod was also contradicted by Obama’s top economic adviser Gene Sperling, who told reporters that the administration will make a “strong push” for Congress to pass the plan all at once, but said that if it is approved piecemeal, the White House would work to persuade Congress to pass the remaining parts.

www.newsmax.com...

The three ring circus is certainly amusing as Obama's clown car is about to reach a screeching halt. Anyone think of a good reason to put any faith and confidence in his entire proposal?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
its more of the same failed policies of the last three years.

bailouts for the unions and more spending that do nothing but waste more taxpayer money

and you know the bill is trash when they want it passed tout de suite its not about doing the right thing for the country its about keep the potus and left in power and in a postivie light.

there has not been one time that this current potus has ever put country first

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The thing that really gets me is during ding-bats speech errr obamas speech he kept pounding the "Pass this bill, pass this bill, pass this bill." but know where during the speech did I hear obama say anything about working with the Republicans. No it was passs this pass this. So once again we have a do it my way or I'll take my toys and go home . . or on vacation . . or the golf course. Nothing about meeting Congress half way, no.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
its more of the same failed policies of the last three years.

bailouts for the unions and more spending that do nothing but waste more taxpayer money

and you know the bill is trash when they want it passed tout de suite its not about doing the right thing for the country its about keep the potus and left in power and in a postivie light.

there has not been one time that this current potus has ever put country first

Why, are you implying that President Obama is a union suck-up and he does nothing for the corporation, bankers, etc?

Of course, you are so right. Union takes in maybe 90% of the entire bailo..ut?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Its funny how far the republicans will go to get the black man out of office, they do not care whom they hurt to prove a point and will never sign any bills that actually will help the world as a whole let alone the USA.

‘IT USED TO BE SAD, NOW IT’S DISGRACEFUL’

The American people are tired of racist politics that are hurting the people of this land; they are tired of the repuliblicans racist ways of bills not being signed because of the president’s skin color.

I guess that is why OBAMA will get a second term easy; no real smart American would ever vote a republican in office again.

I am so glad that the 50s and below generation are almost dead, and the 80s generation of voting is coming together, the 80s generation are smart enough to understand the importance of this election, just like the 70s generation that put him in office the y7oung new voters will easily vote him back in office.

How can you do well for the country when the majority of the republican senate turns down every bill that could possibly help the USA …IT IS IMPOSSIBLE?

I am so glad the republicans have the tea party, which is one reason why OBAMA WILL EASILY GET A SECOND TERM.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

You'd think that they had plenty of time to get their stories straight while the nation was teased into waiting for Obama's big speech. I guess vacations are far more important...
This is like an Abbott and Costello routine

Abbott and Costello? Hmmm.. . .

WHO owes first?
Yep.
No, WHO?
Yes, WHO.
WHY?
We'll get him next year.
WHAT?
The year after.
WHO?
Yep.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LogiosHermes27

no real smart american will even acknowledge that race baiting post

nice try tho

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

29 minutes to play the race card and not defend the points in the bill.

A new progressive land-speed record.

It's a bailout/gift bag for his donors.

ETA: ooops, just saw Neo's post. Hee-hee, guess I'm not that smart.

edit on 13-9-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
this bill = keep unions in business = dues coming in = money to funnel for democrat party. Its another union bill that will not create any jobs only help get democrats elected. Period.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

yeah you are man comparing the current government to abbott and costello was perfect

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Where is it that Republicans have been doing this? obama hasn't done one thing to make things better. Okey, he had a good idea with the cash for clunkers, that was a good idea to help the American car makers and I supported him on that . . . until he caved and allowed it to cover imports too. He was all for drilling . . . until poof a few days later we have the Deep water Horizon oil rig fire (kinda odd dont you think?). Then he banned all drilling. Then HE shut down the Shuttle program putting thousands out of work and forcing the US to take a back seat to russia and china for the space program. Then the health care bill, remember the " You have to pass it to see what's in it?" Seems to me obamas doing a fine job of shooting himself in the foot.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Gotta gives props to Jibeho.
I have more respect for Bud Abbott and Lou Costello, though.

I'm getting tired of the Obama/Biden Comedy Hour.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Yes it is always racism. It has nothing to do with him being a WEAK leader. It has nothing to do with the fact he has done nothing positive in his term. It has nothing to do with the fact both parties are full of self aggrandizing nest padders who want nothing more than unchallenged power and unlimited money. It's all because of race isn't it?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I really don't believe they are disagreeing on anything.
They want to create the illusion to keep people believing there is a difference in Dems and Reps.
I'm sure they have all the details hashed out.
When will people learn.
And if the first stimulus that was passed was supposed to help America didn't work why will this one be any different.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Hmm...so,

What is one of the most important states one needs in order to win a presidential election?
That's right! Ohio!

Guess where I just caught a live feed of Obama, just minutes ago, blaming it on republicans?

Looks like somebody's hitting the campaign trail early...

edit to add:

So far, every person the crew has interviewed at the school where he gave today's speech has pretty much said, "Don't break up the bill, pass it as is!"

I understand they're all a little punch drunk from seeing the POTUS, but come on, they don't even know what's in it.

edit on 13-9-2011 by lernmore because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Seriously, where is the contradiction?
He can't prevent congress from breaking this thing up.
If they send a part of it to him for ratification, he will sign, and ask for the rest.
why shouldn't he?

The question is, how can the repubs break this one up?
Only possibility I can see is to only pass the SME & middle class tax credits.
Of course that won't be enough, but it's better than nothing, and it gives him great political capital, if the GOP & TP says: "Let the bridges crumble, you can walk"

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

Erm... he was quoting a GOP aide, who said that.
www.politico.com...

So quoting GOP Aides, after they said it to a newspaper, is blaming them now?
These are new levels of victimhood, i heretofore thought impossible!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by narwahl

“Obama is on the ropes; why do we appear ready to hand him a win?” said one senior House Republican aide who requested anonymity

Could be true, could be a rumor... I don't see anyone fessing up to saying it, do you? and from Politico, no doubt.

“To assume that we’re naturally for these things because we’ve been for them does not mean we will be for them if they cause debt, if they [have] tax increases and if they take money from the free-enterprise sector, which creates jobs,” said Texas Rep. Pete Sessions, who heads up the House Republican campaign arm.

Somehow, the reasons sound a little different when someone with an actual name talks about it.

Either way, it validates the OP, and Obama seems to be on the campaign trail, like I said.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by americanbuffalo1

Yes it is always racism. It has nothing to do with him being a WEAK leader. It has nothing to do with the fact he has done nothing positive in his term. It has nothing to do with the fact both parties are full of self aggrandizing nest padders who want nothing more than unchallenged power and unlimited money. It's all because of race isn't it?

It's all because of race isn't it?

Only 69% of it to the average white america,and 98% of the republican senate ,so i guess yes!!

edit on 13-9-2011 by LogiosHermes27 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321

Where is it that Republicans have been doing this? obama hasn't done one thing to make things better. Okey, he had a good idea with the cash for clunkers, that was a good idea to help the American car makers and I supported him on that . . . until he caved and allowed it to cover imports too. He was all for drilling . . . until poof a few days later we have the Deep water Horizon oil rig fire (kinda odd dont you think?). Then he banned all drilling. Then HE shut down the Shuttle program putting thousands out of work and forcing the US to take a back seat to russia and china for the space program. Then the health care bill, remember the " You have to pass it to see what's in it?" Seems to me obamas doing a fine job of shooting himself in the foot.

How can he do better when every good bill or idea he comes up with gets shot down by the republican majority?

Are you serious?
edit on 13-9-2011 by LogiosHermes27 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join