It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else watching the CNN Rep. Debate with me in a few minutes?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
So while watching the debate, I didn't catch what they were actually booing at.

When Ron Paul said Bin Laden was explicit in his motives, he got both claps and boos. But when Ron Paul mentioned not giving fair treatment to Palestine, he got boos.

So, the country is obviously divided on the Bin Laden 9/11 issue, but it is not 100 percent either way.

However, the country still is overwhelmingly feverish to the Palestine issue. Ron Paul supporters, you best know the courage and bravery that Ron Paul just showed by sticking his neck out in support of Palestine. That was the real issue of the booing, not just the 9/11 statement which got applause and boos.
edit on 13-9-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by IamWatching

Originally posted by IamWatching
Ron Paul showed his true color when he stated that the United States "had been killing hundreds of thousands of Iraqi's" prior to 9/11.
WTF????

What exactly surprised you about the above statement?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
We don't have 900 bases. Its nowhere close to totaling 900 though. I would estimate its somewhere between 200 and 300 installations worldwide, with most concentrated in Europe.

What is your source? According to this article, the number of foreign US military bases is over 1,000.

In the midst of an economic crisis that’s getting scarier by the day, it’s time to ask whether the nation can really afford some 1,000 military bases overseas. For those unfamiliar with the issue, you read that number correctly. One thousand. One thousand U.S. military bases outside the 50 states and Washington, DC, representing the largest collection of bases in world history.

Officially the Pentagon counts 865 base sites, but this notoriously unreliable number omits all our bases in Iraq (likely over 100) and Afghanistan (80 and counting), among many other well-known and secretive bases.

www.fpif.org...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
If there's one place for Ron Paul to make an impression, it's here in front of Tea Party activists. Hopefully he does well

I would like to say he did well with the audience...but I can't. They booed him when he was trying to explain why he thought we were attacked on 9/11.....his statements regarding the attack of 9/11 really hurt him.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Yes I plan to tune in, I can't wait to watch Ron Paul get ignored again!

I also look forward to hearing Herman Cain say "Nine-Nine-Nine"

At least you weren't disappointed.

Sad as it is, I foresee a Perry/Romney ticket, then losing, and 4 more years of our current do-nothing President Obama.

Yay democracy. I wish people would wake up and realize they don't have to swallow the media force-fed choices.

I'm voting Ron Paul if I have to write him in. Of course, he'll never get elected (he's too old for the current crop of voters), but at least I can make my voice heard.

Paul seemed to struggle to some, but only because they targeted him with leading questions in attempt to misrepresent his position.

Yes, I have to give them credit on that...they pretty much shanghai'd him pretty good there. Nevermind that his statements are true and valid.
edit on 13-9-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Originally posted by mossme89
If there's one place for Ron Paul to make an impression, it's here in front of Tea Party activists. Hopefully he does well

I would like to say he did well with the audience...but I can't. They booed him when he was trying to explain why he thought we were attacked on 9/11.....his statements regarding the attack of 9/11 really hurt him.

He received both cheers and boos for his comment on 9/11, it was his comment about giving fair treatment to Palestine that got the loud boo, it just shows how people are racist towards Palestinians. The end of his speech he received more cheers.

edit on 13-9-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Bachmann Is done. All she can do is bitch about children getting a cancer vaccination now? Really?

One Teabagger down, a Few more to go.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
How interesting! CNN posted a poll online but it wasn't really in relation to the debate. The other poll that was up only had 3 candidates, none of which were Ron Paul. But guess who won their IN PERSON straw poll at the event?

RON PAUL!

CNN hides results of in person straw polls at their own debates: Ron Paul wins! - Breaking

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

Surprise, surprise. The media manipulation, at this point, is really laughable. Or sad, depending on your perspective. We can't get a decent debate out of the MSM fools and they lie about the results.

What a lovely system we have going here, eh?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by bottleslingguy

The stupid bases may not need to be there, but I like actual facts.

I am normally convinced by logos not pathos or ethos.

www.globalresearch.ca...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Lorienth

That's just permanent bases, doesn't even include "operational" bases, like we have in Iraq and Afghanistan, and it probably also doesn't include joint or shared bases like we have in many areas (especially the Middle East, like Qatar, Kuwait, etc.)

Of course, the number is just semantics. The real ISSUES with it are that we are a) overextended, b) spending way too much on this presence, and c) not getting any real return for this investment.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by Lorienth

That's just permanent bases, doesn't even include "operational" bases, like we have in Iraq and Afghanistan, and it probably also doesn't include joint or shared bases like we have in many areas (especially the Middle East, like Qatar, Kuwait, etc.)

Of course, the number is just semantics. The real ISSUES with it are that we are a) overextended, b) spending way too much on this presence, and c) not getting any real return for this investment.

You nailed it.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
huntsman is creeeeeeeeepy. he's like a car salesman or something.

romney didn't resonate with me at all. he was oozing all over the place and he didn't answer questions with clear speech. he's one of those politicians that you have to listen to several times to be sure you understand what he's saying.

santorum i didn't notice at all till he dissed the paul. not even sure i remember how he answered questions put forth to him other than that. not a memorable fellow otherwise

cain was an interesting gentleman. i liked him and some of his ideas.

bachman was awesome. you go girl!

gingrich was fun and on his game

paul was, well what can i say, the man is freakin' incredible

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Ten years ago shocking and horrific acts of terrorism were carried out on US soil, taking over 3,000 innocent American lives. Without a doubt, this action demanded retaliation and retribution. However, much has been done in the name of protecting the American people from terrorism that has reduced our prosperity and liberty and even made us less safe. This is ironic and sad, considering that the oft-repeated line concerning the reasoning behind the attacks is that they hate us for who we are – a free, prosperous people – and that we must not under any circumstances allow the terrorists to win.

Though it is hard for many to believe, honest studies show that the real motivation behind the September 11 attacks and the vast majority of other instances of suicide terrorism is not that our enemies are bothered by our way of life. Neither is it our religion, or our wealth. Rather, it is primarily occupation. If you were to imagine for a moment how you would feel if another country forcibly occupied the United States, had military bases and armed soldiers present in our hometowns, you might begin to understand why foreign occupation upsets people so much. Robert Pape has extensively researched this issue and goes in depth in his book “Cutting the Fuse: The Explosion of Global Suicide Terrorism and How to Stop It”. In fact, of 2,200 incidents of suicide attacks he has studied worldwide since 1980, 95% were in response to foreign occupation.

Pape notes that before our invasion of Iraq, only about 10% of suicide terrorism was aimed at Americans or American interests. Since, then however, not only is suicide terrorism greatly on the rise, but 91% of it is now directed at us.

Yes, the attacks of 9/11 deserved a response. But the manner in which we responded has allowed radicals in the Muslim world to advance a very threatening narrative about us and our motivation in occupying their lands. Osama bin Laden referred to us as “crusaders” with a religious agenda to convert Muslims, westernize their culture and take control of their resources. If we had targeted our response to only the thugs and criminals who attacked us, and refrained from invading countries that had nothing to do with it, this characterization would seem less plausible to the desperate and displaced. Blaming Islam alone is grossly misleading.

Instead, we chose a course of action that led to the further loss of 8,000 American lives, left 40,000 wounded and has hundreds of thousands seeking help at the Veterans Administration. We are three to four trillion dollars poorer. Our military is spread dangerously thin around the globe, at the expense of protection here at home. Not only that, but we have allowed our freedoms to be greatly threatened and undermined from within. The Patriot Act, warrantless searches and wiretapping, abuse of habeus corpus, useless and humiliating searches at airports are just a few examples of how we’ve allowed the terrorists to “win” by making our country less free.

Suicide terrorism did not exist in Iraq before we got there. Now it does. There are no known instances of Iranians committing suicide terrorism. If we invade and occupy Iran, expect that to change, too.

Sometimes it can be very uncomfortable to ask the right questions and face the truth. When a slick politician comes along and gives a much more soothing, self-congratulating version of events, it is very tempting to simply believe what we would like to hear. But listening to lies does not make us safer, even though it might make us feel better about ourselves.

The truth is that ending these misguided wars and occupations will make us safer, more prosperous and more free.

These are the words of Ron Paul, the blog that the war mongering shill was referring to. Talk about a misrepresentation of what Ron Paul was talking about. 100% of everything Paul wrote in this blog is true, the fact that people applauded Santorum's attempted character assassination of Paul by completely misrepresenting his position is troubling.

I have lost all faith in humanity. People are so naive to fall for these dirty tactics. I'm more convinced than ever that all hope is lost.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by macaronicaesar
I have lost all faith in humanity. People are so naive to fall for these dirty tactics. I'm more convinced than ever that all hope is lost.

I don't see it that way. All that has been happening, is a GOOD thing. The media is being exposed, and a LOT more people are supporting Dr. Paul this time around. That douche bag Santorum directed people to read the very article you posted above. The couch warmongers that are bent on a full scale holy war with Islam are a dying breed, this nation is TIRED of war. The troops support Dr. Paul, and they're getting PISSED off too as they see the media so blatantly trying to skew things and take our voices away. I was feeling a bit down last night too, but today I see that he's gained MORE support, and is winning all the polls (even the in-person ones) after the debate. I believe he will run 3rd party if the establishment Republicans manage to hold him down. And I believe in this political and economic climate, a 3rd party can win. Don't give up, more people are awakening. Keep fighting the good fight, at least we can say we didn't just sit around and let this country fall...

edit on 13-9-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qemyst

Originally posted by eLPresidente
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

You never fail to criticize Ron Paul, lol

If I say you need a filter for what you say because it is too extreme for me, does that mean you're wrong?

You need to realize the difference between what is right and wrong vs what is popular and unpopular. The reason why Ron Paul is so popular today is because he spoke the truth consistently and eventually people started listening and supporting his truth. You want him to start 'filtering' now after 30 years of being vocal on the truth?

lol...keep it up...

Exactly... 100%...
If people are too blind to try to realize that the truth is good, they shouldn't be allowed to vote.
A person doesn't need to LIKE the truth if it's not positive.
A person DOES, however, need to know that a negative truth is better than a positive lie. At least, a smart person would realize that.

reply to post by Qemyst

Unfortunately, it's embedded in the Constitution under or rather in between the 1st and 2nd article that Americans have the freedom to vote for these monkeys.

Article 1.5 states that , " Congress shall make no law restricting an establishment of stupidity, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of stupidity, or of the sheep; or the right of the sheep peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of stupidity."

Also Article 15.5, which states that," The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of stupidity, mental incapacity, or previous condition of mental retardation."

edit on 9/13/2011 by MustNotSpeak because: no reason

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

You think Perry is a bully and a bad bad man just by watching the debate last night? The only thing I see from that debate is the fake robot look from the makeup but other than that you can't really tell. By the way, Perry may not have had a clue about the vax, but he did apologize and he took back the EO and also there was an opt-out. The problem with Opt outs is what we saw with facebook. It's supposed to be the other way around, parents should opt-in instead. But, the real problem with Perry is the immigration/NAU/transcorridor thing, as he can talk all about SS being Ponzi all he wants but if he supports no-borders between the countries, then he is NWO.
edit on 13-9-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Um, about the opt-out...

The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons, Inc. were incredibly concerned about the Gardasil mandate and the claimed “opt-out” provision. So concerned they issued this statement:

“Opting-Out” of HPV Vaccine WILL NOT WORK for Many in Texas

Governor Perry is misleading legislators and families in Texas by claiming that they will be able to “opt-out” of having their 6th grade daughter vaccinated with the vaccine for the sexually transmitted virus HPV. For many families currently, the exemption isn’t worth the piece of paper it is printed on. Besides the simple fact that parents should not have to get permission from the state to make informed consent medical decisions for their own children, here are four reasons why “opting-out” of state mandated vaccines doesn’t work for many families in Texas:
thespeechatimeforchoosing.wordpress.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Did I not just say that parents should NOT have to opt out? Did I not just compare it to the facebook balogna? But it's still better than the live polio vaccines EVERYONE Got in the late 50's. I was under 7 when that horrid thing happened, and I remember standing in line at the school and there were these little white cups...
This vaccination thing has been happening a long time now, it's just that in the last decade people were finally realizing the potential problems from all the thimerosol.
One thing I might add is that we do not have too many cases of polio any more, so I'm inclined to think it did work, but I do not care for forced vax.

I like this website for info on vax
www.tetrahedron.org...

Ok I had time to read the article, and I agree with it. Parents should not be forced into submitting their children to these things(hence I appreciate Michelle Bachmans genuine parental concern and standing up for parental rights, and that is the right thing to do but no one here will give Bachmann even a nod for that because they are brainwashed by the MSM) and for the record I know all about opting out of vaccines as I did that for my son with the Hep B vax forced on ALL 7th graders, and it was the same scenario with the Catholic school. I downloaded a form from the Tetrahedron site as Horowitz was the only source I had for opposition to this stuff. We sent in the form and the Principal was not happy, but it worked. She tried telling us that Hep B is spread through sharing food(and a call to the Mo health dept said it was sexually transmitted) and that was why children are no longer allowed to share food at lunchtime.
The article is also correct in that in public schools, they will refuse to allow your child to attend till they get that. This is a problem I have with public schools, as they are factories for turning out brainwashed Statists. That is the purpose of them. Antony Sutton talks about that in his books, and how education is dominated by the Dewey Statist philosophy. That is incidentally why I support Ron Pauls desire to get rid of the Dept of Education(as he mentioned last night...he makes every word count). That is why conservatives like school vouchers and home-schooling, not because they want to indoctrinate children with religion but because they DONT want the State to indoctrinate their children with Statist ideas.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Originally posted by macaronicaesar

I don't see it that way. All that has been happening, is a GOOD thing. The media is being exposed, and a LOT more people are supporting Dr. Paul this time around. That douche bag Santorum directed people to read the very article you posted above. The couch warmongers that are bent on a full scale holy war with Islam are a dying breed, this nation is TIRED of war. The troops support Dr. Paul, and they're getting PISSED off too as they see the media so blatantly trying to skew things and take our voices away. I was feeling a bit down last night too, but today I see that he's gained MORE support, and is winning all the polls (even the in-person ones) after the debate. I believe he will run 3rd party if the establishment Republicans manage to hold him down. And I believe in this political and economic climate, a 3rd party can win. Don't give up, more people are awakening. Keep fighting the good fight, at least we can say we didn't just sit around and let this country fall...

edit on 13-9-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

I agree that his message is being heard and more people are awaken, but this is his last shot to make a real difference and unfortunately the deck is still stacked against him. One thing I see coming out of it that is a positive though, that is more and more of the other candidates are leaning towards Paul on some of the key issues, but being realistic, the only person who can help, really has no chance and that has me completely saddened.

<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join