It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else watching the CNN Rep. Debate with me in a few minutes?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
There were a handful of people booing--probably shills or idiots--with far more applause at the end. And that's amongst the right wingers. Imagine how the anti-war stance is going to play amongst the dems.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Really good article written after tonights debate calling out the media On how they are choosing the candidates for us.
GOP Debate not down to Romney and Perry

(CNN) -- There are times when even I want to round up as many members of the media as I can, put them in a Noah-type ark, set them off to sail and hope to never see them again. Watching, listening and reading all the media reports about the GOP nomination essentially being a two-man race between former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and Texas Gov. Rick Perry is the reason my blood is boiling. Here we sit four months before the first ballot is cast, and already my comrades in the media have thrown everyone else overboard and declared that the race is really between these two.

Read the rest at the link

edit on 12-9-2011 by WildWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I don't think the situation was as bad as I originally thought it was

Thats the same as I thought to. When I first saw it, I was pretty taken away. Then after watching the youtube video of it a few times, it wasnt as bad as I first thought to.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I finally got a screenshot of the first laugh I got, the one I mentioned on page 2 of this thread. (Bachmann hahaha)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b0b6a6f7f272.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Maybe she was looking at the Twitter questions coming in the live feed.

Or she could have been having auditory hallucations and delusions that God was speaking to her

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Unless any of the other candidates has said different, Ron Paul is the ONLY anti-war candidate.  Hell, at this point the dems probably want him as their guy in the race.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by starviego

Ron Paul is the only candidate. Some may try to skew their positions with carefully thought out wording like "I want to get us out of Afghanistan.....when it's beneficial and our mission is accomplished" or something like that, but he is the only candidate who has made his position completely clear: He wants to end the wars.

From everything I've heard, no other Republican candidate compares to his position.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Perry and Romney....are they related? They both look like Nixon's nephews mated with Bush's brother.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

I love the face Paul makes at around 2:50 when Santorum says the jihadists hate us for what we stand for..and what we stand for is American exceptional-ism. You can just see Paul thinking that was such a cheesy flag waving, propaganda statement I can see him saying "oh brother" in his head.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Or just some Santorum fans in the crowd there were only 72 boos from what i heard that isnt so bad, boos from the pro war mogering crowd.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

By my math if you heard 72 boos coming only from Santorum supporters, then a few of them must have booed more than once.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
What a surprise that tool Wolf Blitzer lied. Equal time indeed. Ron Paul killed it though, even with the couch war mongers and MIC shills booing. I wish though that I was his campaign manager sometimes. He shouldn't have went into the reasoning behind 9/11 at that venue. He should have made it clear that HE wanted to go after Bin Laden after 9/11 using special forces bounty hunters, and not 2 costly land wars, and left it at that. Those mental midgets aren't able to comprehend anything past their hyper nationalism.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Rick Santorum record of voting................

03/02/2006 PATRIOT Act Reauthorization
HR 3199 Y
(89 - 10)
12/16/2005 PATRIOT Act Reauthorization
HR 3199 Y
(52 - 47)

11/10/2005 Investigating Contracts in Iraq Amendment
S AMDT 2476 N

09/28/2006 Oversight of CIA Interrogation and Detention Amendment
S Amdt 5095 N

LINK

Keep the war machine running,he says........................No surprise.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by WildWorld

Nice... the ending of the piece is pretty good as well..

If one thing 2008 told us with the election of President Barack Obama, it is to throw conventional wisdom out the window. Maybe the only way we do that is throw out all these professional Washington political reporters and commentators who make it more about them than the American voter.

If you add throwing out all of the lifers in Congress we, the American voter just may have something to look forward to in 2012

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I agree with everything Ron Paul says until He blames the U.S.for al-qeada lunatics.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Jobeycool

He never blamed the United States. He said our government and military should (and they should) share the blame because we are in countries that don't want us there.

He never blamed the U.S. he knows as well as anyone that we have lost the reigns on our government and wouldn't blame the people, he wants to put us back in control.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Paul was a 100% correct and Santorum exposed himself as another shill for the MIC.

It's pretty blatant now. There's no respect for the populace.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Jobeycool

He doesn't blame the U.S. for the maniacs actions, he blames our government for inciting them, through our constant meddling. Ron Paul wanted to hunt them down after 9/11, using special forces bounty hunters (privatized, no rules of engagement). If Ron Paul had his way, we would have avoided 2 costly land wars and saved hundreds of thousands of lives all across the world. He would have had our enemies hunted down, while NOT making thousands of new ones.

Here's a video you should watch...www.youtube.com...
*offensive language*

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Has anybody figured out how many minutes each candidate got to speak yet? I'm interested in seeing whether Romney or Perry got more time to speak.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Ron Paul showed his true color when he stated that the United States "had been killing hundreds of thousands of Iraqi's" prior to 9/11.
WTF???? His whole rant about 9/11 made me sick!

This guy is truly a WHACKO! He proves it every time he opens his mouth about foreign policy.

Thankfully, Ron Paul will NEVER get elected.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join