It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else watching the CNN Rep. Debate with me in a few minutes?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by IamWatching

After reading your post, I think you're the crazy one o.0

Here let us have CIA explain it:
www.youtube.com...

How about letting the Department of Defense explain it?
www.acq.osd.mil...
PAGE 40

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamWatching
Ron Paul showed his true color when he stated that the United States "had been killing hundreds of thousands of Iraqi's" prior to 9/11.
WTF???? His whole rant about 9/11 made me sick!

This guy is truly a WHACKO! He proves it every time he opens his mouth about foreign policy.

Thankfully, Ron Paul will NEVER get elected.

If he doesn't get elected, you most likely won't have a country within a few years. These war mongering candidates will continue their war, talking about victory being close. Well, it won't happen. You need to realize that we're occupying countries. We're making their citizens go through our check points and bombing their people. We would have to literally kill every single person in the Middle East to claim any sort of "victory." And if you can live with yourself for supporting that, well...

Ron Paul is right on his foreign policy. We have no business being there. He also predicted 9-11 long before it happened.

You shouldn't be happy when you say he won't be elected. You should be greatly disappointed that your children will never know the true greatness of this nation. You should be disappointed in yourself for not researching truth or paying attention when great men spoke.

In addition, you do need to carefully think about what he said. How would you feel if another nation was occupying our soil, putting up check points, etc.??

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Ron Paul showed his true color when he stated that the United States "had been killing hundreds of thousands of Iraqi's" prior to 9/11.

This guy is truly a WHACKO! He proves it every time he opens his mouth about foreign policy.

Hmmmmm,conspiracy freak here. Not here to slander in ANY way,but I find your posts eerily familiar with this poster.

Originally posted by kro32
Alot of Ron Paul supporters ignore the fact that none of his ideas would ever pass Congress therefore he would probably be one of the most ineffective Presidents ever. He refuses to comprimise on anything as his voting record shows and Congress will never agree to his ideas so he will sit in the oval office with his arms crossed whining how people don't understand what he's trying to do.

Like Ron Paul or not that is what will happen and a good reason not to vote for him.

On Topic.....

Paul has been consistent,thats something NONE of the other hopefulls can say unless they value lies and deceit,as their talking points.

edit on 13-9-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
We need to hear more from Ron Paul, Herman Cain, and even Jon Huntsman. The media bias continues to disgust all reasonable people. The focus on Rick Perry and Mitt Romney does not answer the people's agenda, but rather sets it for them.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by IamWatching

Really now a WHACKO? what about the other GOP idiots? all they ever want is More Wars, they dont care about america just like bush didnt.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by KevinBally

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

This quote is way off. Ron Paul said "We had been bombing and killing hundreds of thousands of Iraqis for 10 years". In point of fact the US has been dropping a lot of bombs on Iraq for at least ten years if not two decades. While they were not aimed at hundreds of thousands of Iraqis, that is where some of them ended up... in the midst of urban centers. Obviously the quote could have been much much better but when you have 30 seconds to respond its never going to be the perfect quote, and he did get the idea across with a fair job given his limited time.
edit on 13-9-2011 by seachange because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
polls are manipulated.just recently gallup showed their true colors.i have to say,this election cycle has enlightened us of what media we can trust.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Did I hear RP say the US has 900 military bases worldwide? Do we need that many seriously? Did I hear him right?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart
Did I hear RP say the US has 900 military bases worldwide? Do we need that many seriously? Did I hear him right?

We don't have 900 bases. Most of the bases we operate at belong to the host nation not us. Germany has the largest amount of US installations (over 50), around 1/4 will will be closing between now and 2015. South Korea has quite a few too. Its nowhere close to totalling 900 though. I would estimate its somewhere between 200 and 300 installations worldwide, with most concentrated in Europe.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

I dunno. I think Paul's number was closer. Here is an article from 2009. I don't know how valid it was, but at the time it was written it states we have 737.. and I wouldn't be surprised if that number hadn't jumped to around 900 by now.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

I dunno. I think Paul's number was closer. Here is an article from 2009. I don't know how valid it was, but at the time it was written it states we have 737.. and I wouldn't be surprised if that number hadn't jumped to around 900 by now.

I have maps of US military installations around the world and we don't have 700 installations overseas.

The only way they could get a number that high is if they counted every installation in the US, every US embassy, and every foreign base that hosts US personnel. Note that a base hosting US troops belongs to the host nation and not the US. None of those are overseas US bases.
edit on 13/9/11 by MikeboydUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

did you check out the replies to your ridiculous comments? still feel that way? you are officially in lockstep with all the other morons. people who think like you are destroying this country

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

Originally posted by Thunderheart

We don't have 900 bases. Most of the bases we operate at belong to the host nation not us. Germany has the largest amount of US installations (over 50), around 1/4 will will be closing between now and 2015. South Korea has quite a few too. Its nowhere close to totalling 900 though. I would estimate its somewhere between 200 and 300 installations worldwide, with most concentrated in Europe.

you people kill me. you love to split hairs and argue numbers yet miss the entire point. The stupid bases don't need to be there

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

The stupid bases may not need to be there, but I like actual facts.

I am normally convinced by logos not pathos or ethos.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I find it incredibly disheartening that CNN or whoever else is in charge of these debates can steer and manipulate the debates. They question the performance of the Federal Reserve and don't even give Ron Paul a chance to speak. He has more knowledge of the monetary system and corruption of the Federal Reserve in his pinky than the other 7 talking heads on stage.

These debates are rigged and he still shines through. How anyone can listen to the crap spewed by Romney/Perry and still consider supporting them? Romney has changed his position on every topic several times until he eventually falls in line with what people want to hear. Dr Paul has been telling the truth for 30 plus years, never wavers and is the only one that makes any sense. The American people have been brainwashed beyond belief.

Bachman put on a strong performance as well imho, Paul seemed to struggle to some, but only because they targeted him with leading questions in attempt to misrepresent his position. For instance, 9/11 attacks, they portrayed his answer to suggest that the American people deserved it and brought it on on their own, which isn't what he was saying at all. He was merely pointing out what provokes them in the first place, no one deserves what happened on 9/11, but no one would be happy to have their countries occupied by outsiders either. American foreign policy contributes greatly to the hatred towards them, is there an element of jealousy involved, probably, but it's certainly not the underlining cause.

As far as deficit spending and job recovery, he is the only one who he has a clue and they barely let him speak. I was completely disgusted by what I witnessed last night, get these media talking heads out of the election process and allow the people to dictate the direction of the debate.

Shame on you Wolf Blitzer, you have sold out to your corporate masters.
edit on 13-9-2011 by macaronicaesar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Anyone else get the impression that good ole Newt is simply there to be a cheerleader for the Republican party in general.

He constantly bigs up both Romney & Perry.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by Jepic

Whoa...I disagree completely that Ron Paul nailed that question.

His answer was for to churches to take care of the people with no insurance

He side stepped the question IMO.

He didn't say anything about churches taking care of people. He gave an example of something that happened.

He did...re-watch it.

He sidestepped the question...then realized he needed to say something because you can't just let a guy die in that hypothetical. So he said that churches or charities should take care of him.

Yeah...Mr Paul...that used to work when the country was small and healthcare wasn't a "business"...it doesn't work anymore. In today's society, you need a government safety net.

Sorry Ron Paul...you failed hard on that question.

I see they got you, hook, line and sinker. If that question wasn't a complete load of crap, I don't know what was. A fake person in a unrealistic situation and they wanted realistic ideas. The question was aimed to do one thing, to make Dr Paul look bad. If anyone is qualified to speak on health care and the role of government, it might be the one guy who has actually practiced medicine. The question was a setup attempt and Ron Paul handled it as best he could, and was quite clear on the issue.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Out of curiosity does your map show bases in Afghanistan?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lorienth
My dad is a Chief Master Sergeant with the Air Force Explosive Ordnance Disposal. He was overseas for Operation Desert Shield, Desert Storm, Iraqi Freedom, Enduring Freedom, etc (the pyramid effect keeps him over there). He has been telling me for years that the people of those countries have been telling him the same thing. While they're glad that we are building schools and stuff there, if we continue to place bases and occupy their countries we WILL be attacked.

Look...I AGREE 100%.

But as a candidate for United State President...YOU DON'T SAY THAT.

No filter...and it will hurt him.

I agree, it could hurt him, but the question should be, should it hurt him? Of course not, he's 100% right. I'm in the Canadian Military and we are well respected throughout the world, for the most part, there are extremists everywhere, in your own country as well. American foreign policy is the single largest reason for the extreme views directed towards your country, not freedom and prosperity. Why should Paul pretend otherwise and turn the cheek just to pander to those that have been made believe the US has no responsibility in where they're at. His honesty even in face of sensitive times, a day after the anniversary of 9/11 is a fresh of breath air.

Add to that the question about the man in a coma, it was ridiculous for Wolf to insinuate or suggest that Paul would be in favor of letting the man die. You and I both know this simply isn't true. If we done the things Paul has suggested in the first place to bring down costs and make health care more affordable the situation proposed would never have become a reality. Unfortunately with the way things have gone, inflation ect, these are realities that Americans are now faced with. Paul isn't advocating letting the man die for simply making a bad decision and you freaking well know it.
edit on 13-9-2011 by macaronicaesar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join