It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else watching the CNN Rep. Debate with me in a few minutes?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
You just watch. They'll keep repeating the boos Ron Paul got over and over again for days on the mainstream media news networks, yet they'll completely ignore the boos Perry and Romney got. Sad.

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I support Obama.

Refraining from speaking is not a lie...it is being smart.

Perhaps you should take your own advice.

edit on 9/12/2011 by SonicInfinity because: Various fixes

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by toepick

Clearly some of the debate audience in that hall aren't part of the population that is "waking up"
I certainly hope they don't represent a cross-section of America.

edit: You have to wonder how people get invited to these debates, its an interesting question isn't it? I would love to go to one of these.
edit on 9/12/2011 by smarterthanyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

So, let's just clarify this for everyone. You're okay with people lying? Is this basically what you're getting at?

i don't think he is ok with people lying, but he seems to be saying that in this world, where a candidate must abide by these ridiculous rules to get across to a lot of stupid people in this country, one must be very careful to be elected president. it makes sense to me.

as a supporter of paul i hope that there are enough people in this country who can realize how our own miliatry actions have soured the rest of the world on the united states. i am not very optimistic, however. not because i don't like ron paul, but because this country does want to bury its head in the sand, for the most part.

i hate it, too. but outkast is not arguing that the rules are right, he's arguing that they (unfairly) exist.

link   
reply to post by Lorienth

I am commenting soley on how his comment will effect his campaign.

This is not good for his campaign. I don't care if it is true, if all the voters are idiots, or anything else.

I don't see how anyone can think that Ron Paul's campaign benefits from his 9/11 comment.

If you think this will help his campaign, please explain to me how.

link   
Yes outkast people do lie. However; when its on a larger scale it's BAD. We aren't talking about the lies we use to use in elementary school about how my dog ate my homework. This is about being the President of The United States. The truth must be told

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by godWhisperer

Thank you.

I'm glad you understand what I am saying.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
How is Wasserman Schultz still talking on CNN when she's a congresswoman now? That's kind of odd. Sort of a conflict of interest there. She does bring up a good point about wall street, unfortunately RP would've stole the show on that point if they even brought up wall street in this debate.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

To be completely honest.. no one was as roundly Booed as was Ron Paul during that one point on 9/11..

He was taken aback...

Granted it was only one time, compared to a few times for Perry (immigration and mandatory vaccination deal), but they were no where near the level that Paul received for his attempt to make his point on 9/11... the audience shook him up and he didn't get his point across..

I agree somewhat with RP's stance on that but he failed miserably to make it IMO..

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I have a feeling this will be the headline in the media until the next debate

Perry assailed by GOP rivals, defends his record

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — Attacked from all sides, Texas Gov. Rick Perry softened his rhetoric if not his position on Social Security in a snarky campaign debate Monday night and fended off attacks on his record creating jobs and requiring the vaccination of schoolgirls against a cancer-causing sexually transmitted virus.

Right now on AC360, some of the people Anderson is talking to are saying the audience are crazy, extreme, ect....One said some of the audience should be "locked up" and another mentioned the 30 year old man question to Paul, where someone in the audience said he (the 30 year old man) should die.
edit on 12-9-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

How do you think Perry handled it this evening? I am more interested in what the members' here think than what the media and papers say

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

You are saying this comment will hurt his campaign because you WANT it to hurt his campaign.
You are comfortable with politics, just the way it is. You like for people to be predictable, so YOU can predict.
If this comment helps Ron Paul, then you are a fish out of water. Suddenly it seems, the old rules no longer apply. The pundits have their head handed to them, and they don't recognize the head.
You don't get it.
Some people want what is right for a change. Sometimes you have to lead.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

reply to post by Lorienth

I am commenting soley on how his comment will effect his campaign.

This is not good for his campaign. I don't care if it is true, if all the voters are idiots, or anything else.

I don't see how anyone can think that Ron Paul's campaign benefits from his 9/11 comment.

If you think this will help his campaign, please explain to me how.

Sorry I misunderstood your comment. I agree with you on the effect it will have on his campaign sadly. I just think it's killing us that we have to play by these political rules. These rules are what are ruining us. Any candidate that plays by these rules to be elected won't be bringing around enough change to make any differance in the direction we are heading.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by toepick
I don't think this was too bad for Paul as some are thinking..

First of all, I don't want a President that has to 'filter' anything for me, and I'm pretty sure more and more Americans are coming around to that and seeing through all the 'spin' from the mainstream candidates.

Next, Ron Paul doesn't have to bang the podium, interrupt to make a comment or otherwise pander for air time. Like Bachman and some of the others who feel they need the attention.

He has a huge base, that the MSM refuses to recognize. And obviously many people in the Armed Forces realize he is right on foreign policy since they contribute more to him than the all the other candidates combined. More and more Americans are having their eyes opened and realizing that what Ron Paul says is honest and true, and not 'spin'.

I thought he made a good argument on Defense vrs Militarism spending.

Paul scares people when he talks about foreign policy, like when he said let Iran have nuclear weapons..
I love ron pauls economic ideas do not get me wrong.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

If we can have Nuclear technology why can't anyone else? Do you honestly think Iran would actually bomb us with Nuclear weapons? Wow, I would be afraid of the U.S. Government using its Nuclear capabilities on it's own people like they did in the early 50's....

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

How do you think Perry handled it this evening?

I think he failed pretty hard. I had a feeling he was going to mess this up, but he did even worse than I thought. To me, it seems every other candidate was actually united against him on his funding for illegals for in-state tuition, and especially his Gardasil stunt.

I honestly didnt think someone, especially Bachmann, would call him out as harsh as she did.

ETA- I was suprised to see Paul mention how taxes went up under Perry to.

ETA 2 - Bachmann says it best in just the first 15 seconds of the video

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
reply to post by buni11687

How do you think Perry handled it this evening? I am more interested in what the members' here think than what the media and papers say

The best he could, the vaccines killed him in this debate he was
ate, chewed, and spitted out.

They have to keep on Perry, about time they brought him down a level,
if they do not keep doing this, he will get the primary by default.

Why? He looks presidential, real good talker, hits the heart of religous people.

That is just how it is.
edit on 12-9-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Paul scares people when he talks about foreign policy, like when he said let Iran have nuclear weapons..
I love ron pauls economic ideas do not get me wrong.

Exactly.

For as many people Ron Paul attracts with one stance on one issue...he drives away others on another stance on another issue.

This is why mostly "moderates" get elected into national office...they need to apeal to a wide base.

Ron Paul apeals to a small base...but that small base is very very supportive and very very dedicated...which is good...but it won't win elections.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I don't understand how the public can continue to take polls online where the majority of their answers are "If I had my way I would vote every single person out of congress." And then continue to vote for candidates that follow the exact same formula as their predecessors.

"Insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results."

-Albert Einstein
edit on 9/12/2011 by Lorienth because: grammer

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Funny how Obama was a "Moderate" during the election cycle and then he gets elected and Woops now he's an ultra progressive, globalist puppet. But hey, people who can turn a phrase and con people are probably the best people to run our country. Anyway, it's been fun folks, gonna check Space Exploration and some other stuff and listen to A.Jones that i downloaded, perhaps watch Ice Road Truckers
Good night and god bless.
-Robbie

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Wow booing Ron Paul because....what, he's not lying to make Americans feel good?

"But da Mr. Bush told me dey ataked us 4 r freedums?"

Idiots. The truth might hurt, but it's still the truth.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/53f82e10cf6e.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 12-9-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join