It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else watching the CNN Rep. Debate with me in a few minutes?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Perry
what a lame answer "I'd bring my wife..derp!"

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
The problem with our insane militarism and the thought process behind it is the same as it is with entitlement spending.

Quite a few generations have grown up with it, it's never been any other way, so they think that if we change gears you get huge resistance and chicken littles claiming DOOOOOOOOOM.

The fact remains that America is more secure when our military is here. Defense involves defending more often than not. With the sheer power of the American Navy, I have a hard time believing we'll have a problem.

One more thing, boost the CIA to gather intelligence with boots on the ground. Find actionable intel on a terrorist threat or one occurs, find anyone involved and kill them. No courts, no lawyers, no borders.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

It doesn't matter...guess what will be on every talk show, radio and TV, tomorrow???

They are going to replay that clip over and over and paint Ron Paul as someone who blames America and not the Terrorist for the attack.

Ron Paul stepped in it big time....a couple times tonight.

If anyone says he won this debate

I actually think Bachmann may have come off the best...which really really kills me to say.

link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Lolz....

Ron Paul says he will bring "common sense and Austrian Economics" to the WH and Perry says he will bring his "gorgeous" wife....

Yep it was pretty stupid of Perry.

link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Before that it was, "Member of audience shouts "Yes" when Ron Paul asked if he would let coma victim die."

This debate was ridiculous. The most blatant example of inequality and rigging that I have ever seen in a debate. I can't even stand it.

link   
What would you bring to the White House?

Cain - "A sense of humor because America is too uptight"

link   
The crowd gave Ron Paul a very loud boo,
Little did they know what he said is true.
If they opened their eyes to see the light,
Cleaned out their ears to hear the truth,
Perhaps they would learn to like him,
Just as all smart people in America do.

link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

You can say don't filter "truth" all you want as well...but that isn't going to win an election.

So that's what you want. A guy with no values, no convictions, that just panders to get votes.

Gee America really needs more people like that...

link   
Go to CNN.com and check for debate polls. You all know where to vote, and if not Ron Paul I would highly suggest Cain or sigh Bachmann.

link   

She made Perry look bad thats good enough for me, but does she have common sense? Nope

link   
I'm almost ashamed to say this but I think Newt made the SECOND most sense of all the candidates.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

You never fail to criticize Ron Paul, lol

If I say you need a filter for what you say because it is too extreme for me, does that mean you're wrong?

You need to realize the difference between what is right and wrong vs what is popular and unpopular. The reason why Ron Paul is so popular today is because he spoke the truth consistently and eventually people started listening and supporting his truth. You want him to start 'filtering' now after 30 years of being vocal on the truth?

lol...keep it up...

link   
good point made by newt on the czars!

link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart
good point made by newt on the czars!

Why?

Most Presidents have had "czars"....it's just that Glenn Beck tried to make the connectio of czars = russian = communist.

And it appears some people fell for it.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lorienth
My dad is a Chief Master Sergeant with the Air Force Explosive Ordnance Disposal. He was overseas for Operation Desert Shield, Desert Storm, Iraqi Freedom, Enduring Freedom, etc (the pyramid effect keeps him over there). He has been telling me for years that the people of those countries have been telling him the same thing. While they're glad that we are building schools and stuff there, if we continue to place bases and occupy their countries we WILL be attacked.

Look...I AGREE 100%.

But as a candidate for United State President...YOU DON'T SAY THAT.

No filter...and it will hurt him.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Those people who booed don't even make sense. I mean you don't want to hear someone's opinion as to why the terrorists attacked us? Is it really so necessary to believe they attacked us only for our (sic) freedoms? I guess that's the simplistic answer.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
if RP would Dodge issues like every other Politician he'd do a lot better, but that's why we Love ya RP...Keep telling the U.S. the truth that they don't wanna hear, somebody has to.

link   
The people booing Ron Paul at the debate shows that the American people are not ready for the truth. It's sad really.

link   
reply to post by Misoir

Because right after the 9/11 anniversary, (faux) post 9/11 patriotism is popular again, they killed 3000 of our people and thats the only thing that matters, the war does not end until every one thats stepped on middle eastern land is dead.

But next year, the sentiment will die and the war will be unpopular again.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

You can say don't filter "truth" all you want as well...but that isn't going to win an election.

So that's what you want. A guy with no values, no convictions, that just panders to get votes.

Gee America really needs more people like that...

If the "guy" isn't smart enough or have enough common sense to understand the "rules" of politics...then no...I don't want him.

There are certain unwritten rules that you don't break...Paul breaks them and that why he won't be able to win any national election.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join