It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else watching the CNN Rep. Debate with me in a few minutes?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
Reply to post by OutKast Searcher

In all of your posts ive only seen you oppose ron paul. who do you support and why @ OutKast. I ask because ive yet to decide who im voting for and maybe you have a better idea of a presidential canidate than ron paul?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I don't support any of the Republicans...I support Obama. People act like I'm keepthing this a secret

The thing is...almost everyone on ATS supports Ron Paul...so that is all I am really left to discuss.

link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Ron Paul deserved to be boo'd...he made a stupid comment.

Does this work for anyone who makes a stupid comment?

link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Apparently burying our heads in the sand and ignoring the truth is still popular, even on ATS...

I really thought we were making progress too...guess not.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Ron Paul deserved to be boo'd...he made a stupid comment.

So an honest comment is a stupid comment? What rock did you come out of?

Ok, let me revise that comment a little bit.

Ron Paul was STUPID to make that "true" comment.

That is the truth...and he will pay for it. Look...don't blame me...blame Ron Paul for not thinking before he speaks.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
That was an entertaining debate, I think the clear loser was Perry...

He was justifiably hammered on multiple points of his record, and he failed to come back with anything strong enough to deflect those attacks..

I am not a Santorum fan, but I do have to say that he did give his best performance so far in the 3 debates.

Same goes for Bachmann.. I guess having Perry as a target helped them get their message across..

Paul made a couple of good points, and just when he made his best point on the difference between military and defense spending, even referring to GW's 2000 platform about no police actions and nation building, he goes off the rails with the 9/11 deal.. Getting booed by the Tea Party Express folks isn't good for him IMO..

Gingrich did well again but he's a polished speaker who is used to this, he does make great points but he is part of the status quo in my opinion, so I would never consider him as a viable candidate.

Huntsman dropped off the radar for me, he did well at the Reagan Library debate but tonite he was a non factor..

Cain is someone who I actually find a connection.. his chances are slim, but I do like his ideas, if he would only change his plan to the 888 plan maybe more would take notice

Last and to me least, is Romney.. if I remember correctly, Mitt was the only one who didn't say he would AUDIT the Fed Reserve, he said he would like more oversight and that the US needs the Fed Reserve... He has always come off as a talking head to me, and while he may be smoother this time, I am not falling for it..

Thanks for chiming in this was a very lively thread, and everyone's input was appreciated... next debate in a couple of weeks, hope to see you then

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I don't know about anyone else, but I am making progress. I see through all the lies and everything our government makes. I am glad Ron Paul has the courage to say so. I would fight for Dr. Ron Paul. He got my respect

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

So, let's just clarify this for everyone. You're okay with people lying? Is this basically what you're getting at?

link   
Reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Gotcha. Thanks for the quick reply.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

link   

Lol Obama. He's a disgrace to all good democrats that we have ever had for president, and there weren't many. And there haven't been a huge heap of Repubs that have stunned me either, but both parties have had their moments. The assassination of JFK was a true assault on freedom by the powers that be, and we have not been the same country ever since, unfortunately.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I was on CNN and they have a poll up, as to if you go to bookstores. I want really bad, to vote for our good guy about this debate, so when someone catches a poll for that, and it's link, let me know!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Why would Ron Paul lie about something like that? this is something he is VERY vocal about and makes it a point to mention in most interviews that he is in, why would he flop on that stance now? If he ignored it you would've called him stupid for ignoring it, if he lie, you would've said he was stupid for lying because the media would call him on it the next day.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
That was an entertaining debate, I think the clear loser was Perry...

Damn, that is like the exact opposite CNN just said lol

It was an entertaining debate though. Good amount of clash, debates need that.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

I'd say that is a very accurate and fair analysis of the debate.

I'd say Bachman came out the winner (ouch...hurst me to say that).

Santorum did good for himself and would be second IMO.

I'll give Romney third for not screwing up, and Cain did well in my opinion...so I'll give him a tie for third.

I'd say Ron Paul came in fourth...I really don't think he helped himself in this debate.

Newt was just a cheerleader for the other candidates and for REpublicans in general. I don't even remember Huntsman.

It was a fun debate, and it was even better being able to follow along in this thread while watching.

link   
I don't think this was too bad for Paul as some are thinking..

First of all, I don't want a President that has to 'filter' anything for me, and I'm pretty sure more and more Americans are coming around to that and seeing through all the 'spin' from the mainstream candidates.

Next, Ron Paul doesn't have to bang the podium, interrupt to make a comment or otherwise pander for air time. Like Bachman and some of the others who feel they need the attention.

He has a huge base, that the MSM refuses to recognize. And obviously many people in the Armed Forces realize he is right on foreign policy since they contribute more to him than the all the other candidates combined. More and more Americans are having their eyes opened and realizing that what Ron Paul says is honest and true, and not 'spin'.

I thought he made a good argument on Defense vrs Militarism spending.

link   

Originally posted by filosophia

So, let's just clarify this for everyone. You're okay with people lying? Is this basically what you're getting at?

It seems anyone against Ron Paul is all for lying these days. After all, when the MSM is caught lying over and over and over, all of a sudden you have democrats AND republicans who are against Ron Paul defending the MSM trying to tell us how "fair" it's been.

To these people, lying is fine as long as their candidate doesn't become the chosen one to be lied about. Suddenly lying about Obama mystically becomes "an outrage!" but welcome to politics, where lying is a-ok to these people even when they are caught rigging debates and influencing votes to fit their political agenda.

edit on 12-9-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
Is it just me, or are both Perry and Romney repeating what Ron Paul has always said about returning power to the states, and social security being a ponzi scheme?

Yep. This is how they control minds. They insert themselves into a good idea, acting as if the ideas are their own. Then because people vote based on appearance and media talking heads they will vote for them. Meanwhile, the ones who actually are the catalyst of the change are forgotten about.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

Everyone lies...some just do it better than others.

Refraining from speaking is not a lie...it is being smart.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
I was on CNN and they have a poll up, as to if you go to bookstores. I want really bad, to vote for our good guy about this debate, so when someone catches a poll for that, and it's link, let me know!

So you honestly think Ron Paul won this debate?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by Lorienth
My dad is a Chief Master Sergeant with the Air Force Explosive Ordnance Disposal. He was overseas for Operation Desert Shield, Desert Storm, Iraqi Freedom, Enduring Freedom, etc (the pyramid effect keeps him over there). He has been telling me for years that the people of those countries have been telling him the same thing. While they're glad that we are building schools and stuff there, if we continue to place bases and occupy their countries we WILL be attacked.

Look...I AGREE 100%.

But as a candidate for United State President...YOU DON'T SAY THAT.

No filter...and it will hurt him.

This is where you and I disagree. I think the fact that the American public refuses to look at the truths is part of the reason we have been in the situation we have been in for so long. If you never take a long hard look in the mirror to see your mistakes, how will you ever learn from them? You won't and you continue to make the same stupid mistakes that WILL eventually kill this great country we live in. I agree that the American public may not be ready to face the truth (as we are much too arrogant to believe we could be wrong) but (in my opinion) facing the cold hard truths may be the only thing that could save us. I applaud his courage to bring this to light and understand it may demolish his chance to be President, but it makes me sad that this is so. If we can't step up and take responsibilites for our actions then maybe we don't deserve to be saved.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join