It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Arrested At Ground Zero While Demanding Truth

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by juleol

Originally posted by sayiamu
the guy was just plain rude and disrespectful....

surley he could find a better place/way to be heard ... if he still really feels that way ....

obviously, and for good reason, he's in the minority.....

You seriously think he would be heard anywhere else???
This was about trying to wake up those who are asleep and those dont actually visit alternative news sites and forums like this for alternative information.

People have been at Ground Zero yelling, passing out flyers, passing out DVD's for many years now and NOT been arrested for doing so. Is having one day for the families to grieve the loss of their loved ones too much to ask?

Again, many of the families (greater than 50%) never even got the remains of their loved ones. They never got to bury them. They never had a funeral. This Memorial Ceremony was not about "waking people up" it was about the victims families.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

That is funny.. Because i have seen more than a few examples of people being arrested or at being threatened for just that.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

HUH?? How can you even compare that?? There is a big difference between invading the private space of a persons home in middle of night and expressing your views in a PUBLIC place

So you agree there is a time and a place?
Then do you agree that one is legal and the other is not?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
Is having one day for the families to grieve the loss of their loved ones too much to ask?

Again, many of the families (greater than 50%) never even got the remains of their loved ones. They never got to bury them. They never had a funeral. This Memorial Ceremony was not about "waking people up" it was about the victims families.

Again. the same argument has been made against the WBD.

Unfortunately for you, the SCOTUS has ruled in favor of the first amendment.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
So he has "scientific evidence" of "thermite bombs" and his best course of action is to show up at a memorial and yell in the street.

Yeah. This guy is going to change the world....

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter

Originally posted by MrWendal
Is having one day for the families to grieve the loss of their loved ones too much to ask?

Again. the same argument has been made against the WBD.

Unfortunately for you, the SCOTUS has ruled in favor of the first amendment.

Yes the SCOTUS did rule that The Westboro Baptist CHurch's protest fell under the first amendment, but again, WBC did not stay at Ground Zero protesting either. For whatever reason they left.

If even the WBC idiots realized that protesting at Ground Zero on that day, at that moment in time was maybe not such a good idea, than the guy in the OP's video could have figured it out to.

I am all for free speech, I am all for waking people up. I fully support the guys who are at Ground Zero passing out flyers, DVD;s and everything else. All I am saying is that was just not the time to do it. A great time to do it would have been on September 12 when the Memorial was open to the public. However on September 11th when that Memorial was closed off to the public and only opened for members of the victim's families to come and say goodbye to their loved ones.... that is not the time. It is completely inappropriate and will turn more people off to your message.
edit on 13-9-2011 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I think the police arrested him for his own safety.

He probably would have been mobbed by the OS believers.

Even though I agree with the man that 9/11 was an inside job.

I also agree that the way he went about his protest was wrong.

He should of tried to organize a group and quietly handed out his flyer's for truth.

He should of answered questions by people interested in knowing the truth.

No one likes to have the ugly truth shoved down their throat. The truth hurts...

and on that day he was about to get hurt by speaking the truth.

The police did the right thing under the circumstances.
edit on 13-9-2011 by MathiasAndrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0

Originally posted by samkent
That was not “peaceably assemble”.
That was inciting a riot.

Arrest was too good for him.

He was on a public street, and not even inside of the ceremony. He was trying to wake people up...

There is no right to peaceable assemble. They basically made that illegal by creating protest zones, and basically controlling anything the media says....

Unfortunately for this man there are laws regarding peaceful protests.

Protesters must file for a permit to protest ahead of time and get approval from City Hall.

If he did not have a permit it's not allowed to market your personal or political views in this manner on a public street.

I would support the man if he had done things the proper way.

But really this kind of protest just gives the truth movement a bad name and makes him look like a jerk.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Wether or not he's right, his actions are absolutely unacceptable.

The last thing a grieving widow and her children want to hear, at the day and place of their husband/father's death, is someone yelling and making demands.

He couldn't let it go, just for a day, for the sake of respect for the dead?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
Well considering the emotions at such an event I would say this is quite dickish. It would be like protesting a funeral or memorial. There is a time and place for this sort of thing.

But this indeed is the very place this should have taken place at. Those families who lost loved ones on that day need to know who was behind the curtain pulling the strings on 9/11. We now live in a police state, and the first amendment is just a memory. All he was doing was excercising his right to free speech and peaceful assembly.
My government got what they wanted that day from all of their citizens, those rights are gone

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
was it really a case of

"man arrested for disturbing the peace in really poor taste on a solemn day"

yeah

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I can't help but notice there are two different conversations going on here.

There are the people arguing the MORALITY of it
Then there are the people arguing the LEGALITY of it.

the morality is up for debate.
The legality ISN'T!

This man was on a public street in the middle of the afternoon speaking his mind.
If you do NOT support his right to do so then you are a part of the problem.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
He was disturbing the peace. Asking a silly question. "When will we be allowed to know?" He already knows the answer: "Never !".

To tell the truth would mean to arrest a lot of other very important people, who ain't going to let that happen.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarPeace
you mean guy that was going around harassing people and trying to start fights..

That Dumbass?
It's a reason why it's on 316 views
edit on 12-9-2011 by StarPeace because: (no reason given)

He wasn't starting fights, and videos on YouTube that are popular only refresh the view rate every once in a while. I believe after 10,000 videos the refresh rate is only after a while. Maybe an hour or so apart.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I only read two pages of replies but I'm astounded ...

"this is not the right time, families are grieving" to paraphrase.

If I had lost a family member that day I would be screaming (with 10 years of built up anger) at the actual ceremony - "Tell me the truth!!!!!"

How can there be a greater disrespect to the innocent dead, or their families, than to put sentiment before truth?

If you think you've heard the truth about 9/11 .. you haven't
edit on 13-9-2011 by uberbone because: ecause my B key is stuck

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I just have to say, with all of you sheep supporting his arrest because he was being a "pest", shame on you, look up westboro baptist church, they spew their bile on dead soldiers' funerals, gay marriages, etc, and the police are there TO PROTECT THEM. The police acted on feelings alone, not with the law.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by sayiamu
the guy was just plain rude and disrespectful....

surley he could find a better place/way to be heard ... if he still really feels that way ....

obviously, and for good reason, he's in the minority.....

Yes. In the minority because the other zombies around him and many zombies of america have been brainwashed and conditioned by the mass media. There's a war on our minds going on here and people don't even notice. I'm glad I don't watch T.V.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Though I find it interesting how they delt with the situation I have to say there was nothing wrong with what they did and no, this isn't because im a ''sheep'' far from it, what I am though is someone who respects lives lost and does not go around ceremonies shouting on the street causing a disruption. He could have chosen any other day to go do this but he choose then. If I had lost someone that day and was there, I would have wanted him locked up too.

and the video really annoyed me

''the buildings where in fact blown up'' the person of this video does not know that to be true yet says it with such conviction as if he does. Give real proof with such instead of blindly copying what other say.

I have yet to see REAL proof of such.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberbone
I only read two pages of replies but I'm astounded ...

"this is not the right time, families are grieving" to paraphrase.

If I had lost a family member that day I would be screaming (with 10 years of built up anger) at the actual ceremony - "Tell me the truth!!!!!"

How can there be a greater disrespect to the innocent dead, or their families, than to put sentiment before truth?

If you think you've heard the truth about 9/11 .. you haven't
edit on 13-9-2011 by uberbone because: ecause my B key is stuck

or maybe re-read what you just wrote?

''If you think you've heard the truth about 9/11 .. you haven't'' well where is the truth then, that you have?

there is no point keep saying you've yet to hear it as if you hold some key information yet have nothing. You all do this same thing, over and over again. They have already been told what happened, whether you believe that to be true or not is your choice but until you or anyone else have concrete proof, that makes anyone see it and say ''ok, this is the truth'' then go ahead, show us all. I know id love to see.

edit on 13-9-2011 by DenyStupidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPACEYstranger
Wether or not he's right, his actions are absolutely unacceptable.

The last thing a grieving widow and her children want to hear, at the day and place of their husband/father's death, is someone yelling and making demands.

He couldn't let it go, just for a day, for the sake of respect for the dead?

I don't understand this argument. That's exactly the point. The best moment to do this is on anniversaries because the VICTIMS of the lie aren't aware and he is trying to inform them of who actually murdered their loved ones. Who knows, maybe at least one person from there got so agitated, later contemplated, and out of frustration gave in and researched into 9/11 more because of him. Who knows. If at least one person's conditioning was penetrated for at least one second there, I believe it's justified. I firmly believe that, and commend this fearless man, amongst a hoard of zombies.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join