It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Arrested At Ground Zero While Demanding Truth

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noviz
People were there to mourn their dead families and friends not to hear some idiots ramblings.

Seems like he did not have the "freedom" to "speak".
It sounds like you agree with him not having the "fredom" to "speak".
Therefore, you do not agree with the idea of....."Freedom of speach" unless YOU agree with what is being said and WHEN it is being said.

If I am wrong let me knowm but these are your words I am using.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Noviz

well its your first amendment i am from the u.k. so it is no skin of my back, but why do people pretend it was the manner he did it ie: none peaceful when we all know it was the message that was the real problem.

he would of got the same response from just holding a sign "9/11 was an inside job" so lets not pretend this is about peaceful assembly. anything that tows the offical line of anything = good, anything that raises questions about what people have been told = disturbing the peace.
edit on 12-9-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
How was this person disrespecting the dead? I really don't understand how people found this offensive.The people their should not have been mourning their lost ones they should have been standing with this man asking the same question. How could you honor the people that died on 9/11 by mourning and not asking questions? If I lost a loved one due to murder (that is what 9/11 was) I would not rest till I found the person responsible.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1d2a3n
How was this person disrespecting the dead? I really don't understand how people found this offensive.The people their should not have been mourning their lost ones they should have been standing with this man asking the same question. How could you honor the people that died on 9/11 by mourning and not asking questions? If I lost a loved one due to murder (that is what 9/11 was) I would not rest till I found the person responsible.

Exactly, he is actually RESPECTING the dead by SPEAKING UP FOR THEM.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

People were there to mourn their dead families and friends not to hear some idiots ramblings.

Seems like he did not have the "freedom" to "speak".
It sounds like you agree with him not having the "fredom" to "speak".
Therefore, you do not agree with the idea of....."Freedom of speach" unless YOU agree with what is being said and WHEN it is being said.

If I am wrong let me knowm but these are your words I am using.

It sounds like you have a hard time having any empathy with those people mourning. Can't you just put yourself in their shoes for one second? The rage you'd feel inside if someone was ruining your one moment of the year when you can get together and mourn your dead friends and family.

For one thing, freedom of speech can only go so far until you just simply insult everyone... heres a question for you: would you allow Nazis to hold a rally in your town? preaching to your townsfolk what they believe in? Well I hope you do because that is the freedom of speech you seem to hold so closely

How about if one of them came up to your son or daughter and started saying that all non-white people were evil? How would you feel? Would you let that person carry on? If you tried to shut him up then you'd be barring him of his freedom of speech.

If you put it like that then I guess I don't

Have fun with your nazi rallies and extremeist marches polluting the minds of your children.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

They probably do ask questions... but on that day they wanted to just remember their dead friends and families.
Honestly the lack of empathy in these forums absolutely amazes me.

The people their should not have been mourning their lost ones

Say that to one of their faces, I dare you

If your family member or friend had died under that tower, or burnt to death in the flames, I think you'd think differently lol.

If I lost a loved one due to murder (that is what 9/11 was) I would not rest till I found the person responsible.

Its easy to say that but if it actually did happen you'd probably do the exact opposite.
edit on 12-9-2011 by Noviz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

They probably do ask questions... but on that day they wanted to just remember their dead friends and families.
Honestly the lack of empathy in these forums absolutely amazes me.

The people their should not have been mourning their lost ones

Say that to one of their faces, I dare you

If your family member or friend had died under that tower, or burnt to death in the flames, I think you'd think differently lol.

If I lost a loved one due to murder (that is what 9/11 was) I would not rest till I found the person responsible.

Its easy to say that but if it actually did happen you'd probably do the exact opposite.

Ask yourself a question if YOU died during 9/11 would you want your family and friends to mourn and feel grief? Would you want them to celebrate the day you died be remembering you and feel negative because your gone. People don't realize that mourning someones death is usually the exact opposite off what the person would want you to do.
edit on 12-9-2011 by 1d2a3n because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Noviz

This proves my theory.
There are "Americans" who hate their freedoms!!!
This is why we are in this mess.
We have "Americans" who despise their freedoms unless they are applied in a manner in which THEY agree.

Our country is doomed because of this.

I don't mind saying that you are a disgrace to my country and all of the men and women who fought and died for the very freedoms you so despise.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Noviz

This proves my theory.
We have "Americans" who despise their freedoms unless they are applied in a manner in which THEY agree.

I don't mind saying that you are a disgrace to my country and all of the men and women who fought and died for the very freedoms you so despise.

I'm not even from the USA so... Secondly don't put words in my mouth... thirdly I don't hate my freedoms, I just think there is a limitation on what is moral when it comes to free speech.
You never answered my question about those nasty ol' nazis indoctrinating your child. Could you answer it please? Otherwise I can't take anything of what you are saying to me seriously, sorry.

A world with TRUE freedom is also a world with chaos.

Ask yourself a question if YOU died during 9/11 would you want your family and friends to mourn and feel grief? Would you want them to celebrate the day you died be remembering you and feel negative because your gone. People don't realize that mourning someones death is usually the exact opposite off what the person would want you to do.

Thats a rather unfair question because what a dead person wants would probably not happen. Of course I'd want them to seek the truth but to say that is not having an understanding of grief. Those people wanted to remember their dead family and friends not to have someone shouting and screaming while they do it. And you have implied that those same people have not questioned the official story... which I expect is not true in many cases.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0

Originally posted by filosophia
It's videos like this that remind me that I am not a truther, I don't deserve to call myself someone who stands and up and fights for 9/11 truth while someone like that is willing to be arrested so he can educate the cops.

Jesus said, there is no gain for loving those who already love you, but when you love your enemy you have a much greater reward.

Sounds like you are generalizing people who disagree with the OS.

According to Jesus you should love those who caused this atrocity?

Yes, you should, because if you forgive you are free from their hatred, and if you want revenge you live with a pain they could never hope to deliver, since you deliver it yourself.

And, if you could love those who hate you, how then could you possibly hate those who dishonor you in minor ways?

Jesus was persecuted for his beliefs. Is this any different from what is happening here with this activist?
edit on 12-9-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
It is just rude to say the least.... people are there mourning.....

time and a place....

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

It's videos like this that remind me that I am not a truther, I don't deserve to call myself someone who stands and up and fights for 9/11 truth while someone like that is willing to be arrested so he can educate the cops.

Jesus said, there is no gain for loving those who already love you, but when you love your enemy you have a much greater reward.

Yes, you should, because if you forgive you are free from their hatred, and if you want revenge you live with a pain they could never hope to deliver, since you deliver it yourself.

And, if you could love those who hate you, how then could you possibly hate those who dishonor you in minor ways?

Jesus was persecuted for his beliefs. Is this any different from what is happening here with this activist?

Actually, yes. The activist is not loving his enemies. He is demanding truth about them. If he was to simply want peace, he would give up and accept everything that happens to him, never questioning anyone.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Actually, yes. The activist is not loving his enemies. He is demanding truth about them. If he was to simply want peace, he would give up and accept everything that happens to him, never questioning anyone.

The cops don't have the truth, neither do the people yelling at him. He is rather demanding the truth from the government which orders the police to arrest individuals who may be causing a scene. He is the truth sayer, he is the one that has the truth. He is sharing the truth with those he disagrees with, and is choosing to be arrested in order so people will listen to him and perhaps others will be motivated by his cause. He is a teacher, just like Jesus.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
It is just rude to say the least.... people are there mourning.....

time and a place....

He's respecting them by speaking up for them, instead of them being drowned out by the OS, no?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Oh dear. Well maybe all the coverage got to him. I could see where someone might snap.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

reply to post by Noviz

This proves my theory.

You still didn't answer my question

Afraid of what your answer might be?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

reply to post by Noviz

This proves my theory.

I'm not even from the USA so... Secondly don't put words in my mouth... thirdly I don't hate my freedoms, I just think there is a limitation on what is moral when it comes to free speech.
You never answered my question about those nasty ol' nazis indoctrinating your child. Could you answer it please? Otherwise I can't take anything of what you are saying to me seriously, sorry.

A world with TRUE freedom is also a world with chaos.

Thats a rather unfair question because what a dead person wants would probably not happen. Of course I'd want them to seek the truth but to say that is not having an understanding of grief. Those people wanted to remember their dead family and friends not to have someone shouting and screaming while they do it. And you have implied that those same people have not questioned the official story... which I expect is not true in many cases.

The premise of your question is fundamentally flawed but if I had to try and answer it I would always come down on the side of freedom.
Yes, this sometimes means that things that I don't like or agree with will take place, possibly corrupting (in my view) my children but the alternative is much scarier.

It doesn't come as a surprise that you aren't American.
We have a constitution in this country that is supposed to allow people like this, and yes, the Nazis, the KKK, and every other ideology out there, to spout off as much as they want.
We call this....."FREEDOM OF SPEECH"
Thousands upon thousands of men have died suppoedly protecting this and other rights.
edit on 12-9-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
edit on 12-9-2011 by StarPeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
So OP.. Just wondering do you support WestBoro Church Actions?

This is basically the same thing.
The guy was being dumb ass while people are mourning. The guy was instigating, he was insulting, it a time and place for everything.

edit on 12-9-2011 by StarPeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I presume some of you only see the surface of what this guy is doing.
He is doing what very little would do; remind people to see the big picture.

As the people march, pay respects and mourn for the innocent lost lives on that "day".
Millions of other people are dying in other countries everyday. I think it's selfish to not lend a ear or a hand to people who are willing to help or need help. This tarnishes the image of America.

It's not about what he is doing and what time he is doing it at, it's about WHY he is doing it.
This is a no brainer and I believe the Americans can understand this just like every other human being.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join