It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul's latest ad: "pretty boy vs. pretty boy". Its a zinger, check it out!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+49 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I really like this latest ad by the Revolution PAC. I think it helps to illustrate the fact that we, the American public, are being corralled into voting between 1 of 2 choices, both of whom are indicative of the stereotypical polished, slick talking establishment politicians.

Lets support a candidate, maybe the only one in our lifetimes, who is guided by his principles, someone we can trust to carry out his promises. Lets make 2012 the year in which we break the grip of the 2-headed 1-party system.

edit on 9/13/2011 by benevolent tyrant because: MOD EDIT; to correct title; from " lates" to "latest"

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Solid ad. Very clear and to the point and pretty bold too.

Also, id like to add that calling RP a prophet is accurate as you saw at one part of the vid and this is important because a "prophecy" isnt exactly an exact fortelling of whats to come or someone saying play by play what will happen, but rather something we need to hear or see in order to make a positive step in the right direction.

Henceforth, RP is prophetic in the sense that he is more of a message than a politician "doing a job" so to speak.

But thats just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Jugtalicus

Well said. As a matter of fact, the reference to Ron Paul being a "prophet" is from the Time magazine article, not simply self praise,

The Prophet

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Ron Paul will be just as crooked as the rest if he gets into office...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Yes, calling people names (pretty boy) is so presidential of him

Once again...Ron Paul comes off as being childish and not very dignified in this ad.

I don't know if things like this are his idea or some strategist...but whoevers it is....they should think twice about it.

This is friendly advice...if he wants to do better in polls...he needs to start acting a bit more serious.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Ron Paul ftw as usual. I registered this year to vote just for him. The only viable candidate to save this country.

+33 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

This ad is not by Dr. Paul it is by the Super Pac. Childish is not paying attention to the entire video and listening to the very end. Here is a friendly tip, if you don't want to come off like a pompous arse open your eyes and ears before letting you fingers fly.

edit on 12-9-2011 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I must admit I used to be pretty skeptical of Ron Paul, figuring he was just another two-faced politician. But after doing my own research (always a novel idea), and listening to some of his speeches and debate responses, I can say I am truly PROUD of this man. And I'm 26! Not to mention the bias of the msm against him. I cannot wrap my head around how so many people can even think about voting for anyone else. RomneyPerry is as fake as a 14-trillion dollar bill.

And OutkastSearcher, I can't help but notice how you seem to jump at the chance to discredit Paul anytime someone starts a thread about him. Since you average nearly 3 stars per post, I wonder if you could bring the rest of us up to your level. What are we missing? Who are you going to vote for? Or will you do NOTHING, and vote for no one so you can continue being a condescending pessimist? Why even bother looking for a solution, right?
edit on 12-9-2011 by greenWeenie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Most people select others to lead them because they look pretty on the outside. It is a terrible way to select a President. Americans can be so vain they vote for the most visually appealing person and use that to judge their ability to lead.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Friendly Reminder

Please let's be civil and discuss the topic and not each other.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Childish and not serious? If anything this ad shows that the entire movement is serious about winning. I think this ad is good, it has broad appeal from young to old, it shows facts while keeping things innocent.

You wouldn't consider Ron Paul a serious contender either way if ads like this existed or not, you're just simply a hater. Really, what do you have against Ron Paul? you seem to want to destroy every thread on him so there must be a reason. You and others attack him for polling low and then attack aggressive campaign strategies, so what do you want? seriously, what will make you happy? for the old man to just drop dead?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I know you on here trying to ruffle feathers but I am curious as to why?
What is the thing about Dr. Paul that you dislike the most? Not how is advertising is because he's not making these videos himself.
May I ask who are you pulling for this next Presidential election?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive

I know you on here trying to ruffle feathers but I am curious as to why?
What is the thing about Dr. Paul that you dislike the most? Not how is advertising is because he's not making these videos himself.
May I ask who are you pulling for this next Presidential election?

I'm here discussing Ron Paul...why is it that you and others want to discuss ME???

I am not a Republican...I will most likely be supporting Obama. If I wanted Obama to have an easy time...I would be promoting Ron Paul because he would have no chance against Obama. I'm commenting on candidates because it is election season and from my point of view (and the point of view of the credibl polls, not internet polls) Ron Paul is running a very poor campaign.

It just so happens that 99% of threads on the election on ATS are about Ron Paul. I enjoy discussing politics...and so that leaves me with Ron Paul threads to comment on (it's either that or birther threads).

People like to get angry at me and attack me because I point out the FACTS that Ron Paul is not a front runner right now. I'm sorry..that is just the facts.
edit on 12-9-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

You point to scientific polls as facts but you say Ron Paul has no chance against Obama when, according to your scientific polls, Ron Paul actually leads the GOP pack in general election runs against Obama. So what is it? are your scientific polls valid, or aren't they?

www.rasmussenreports.com...

Ron Paul is exactly where McCain was 4 years ago, guess who ended up winning the nomination?

CNN GOP poll (9/9/07)
Giuliani 28
Thompson 27
McCain 15
Romney 11
Huckabee 5
Brownback 2
Tancredo 2
Ron Paul 1

USA Today (9/8/07)
Giuliani 34
Thompson 22
McCain 15
Romney 10
Huckabee 5
Brownback 2
Ron Paul 1

Fox (9/12/07)
Giuliani 34
Thompson 22
McCain 16
Romney 8
Hunter 3
Huckabee/Paul 2

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Your data is a bit outdated...let's use up to date information.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

Obama has an average of +4.3 against Paul.

Romney and Perry are both doing better than Paul in head to head vs Obama...USING CURRENT DATA.

Obama vs a Generic Republican is Obama 43.4 and Republican 44.5. All republicans are going to be right in that range...it doesn't matter who it is.

But Ron Paul gives Obama a lot of ammo, he is extreme and his past associations with white supremist and racially charged statements will give people a lot of motivation to get out and vote for Obama.

I'm sorry...I understand how much some people love Ron Paul...I see a different side of it...I see him as an extemeist fool.
edit on 12-9-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I am not a Republican...I will most likely be supporting Obama. If I wanted Obama to have an easy time...I would be promoting Ron Paul because he would have no chance against Obama. I'm commenting on candidates because it is election season and from my point of view (and the point of view of the credibl polls, not internet polls) Ron Paul is running a very poor campaign.

If you wanted Obama to have an easy time reelecting you would promote Ron Paul? What kind of answer is that? So you want your candidate to have a hard time winning? You make me chuckle.

Ron Paul is running a very poor campaign in your eyes? What do you call the last 2 1/2 years? You think Obama has kept to his campaign promises? Really?
I don't claim a party system, but I know how it all works, so I will be with whatever party it takes to slow this run away train we call government back down and In my opinion Ron Paul is the one to try. What else do we have to lose? We are already on the downward slope with these other yahoos ruining everything. Yea, I'm talking about Bush too.
edit on 12-9-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Actually what you said is that Ron Paul stood NO CHANCE against Obama, any poll proves otherwise. Maybe you're so against Ron Paul because he is the only one that can beat Obama, especially when it came to a general election and all the cards were on the table.

Who is the one that has a consistent record for being anti-war? Ron Paul not Obama.

Who predicted the housing and financial market collapse? Ron Paul not Obama

Who has always based his policies straight off the constitution? Ron Paul not Obama (the constitutional law professor).

Here we go, the trolls are out to play, the 'racist associations' it is false and has been proven by Ron Paul himself and even the former president of the NAACP of Austin Nelson Linder coming out to disprove the false accusations. Come the general elections, I guess Obama will be shooting blanks.

edit on 12-9-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

If you wanted him to have an easy time you would promote Ron Paul? What kind of answer is that? So you want your candidate to have a hard time winning?

If I wanted to be a shill for Obama...I would be trying to get Paul or Bachmann to get the nomination. They are both a sure win for Obama.

Romney is Obama's most difficult opponent and Perry isn't far behind.

I'm sorry for being honest instead of being a shill

Ron Paul is running a very poor campaign in your eyes? What do you call the last 2 1/2 years? You think Obama has kept to his campaign promises? Really?

Um...yes...he has kept a good percentage of them.

www.politifact.com...

Promise Kept 145
Compromise 42
Promise Broken 46
Stalled 70
In the Works 203
Not yet rated 2

He has completely kept 28% of his promises, not bad for 2 1/2 years.

If you include the compromised promises....that goes up to 37%.....not too shabby.

Take those and add in the ones that are "in the works"....you are up to 77% of promises kept, compromised or he is working on. I would say that is damn good in 2 1/2 years.

He has "broken" 9%...you aren't going to win them all.

Honestly...I am fine, more than fine, with his record.

I don't claim a party system, but I know how it all works, so I will be with whatever party it takes to slow this run away train we call government back down and In my opinion Ron Paul is the one to try.

Ron Paul can't do anything withou congress.

If he stuck to what he says he would do...he would get less done than Obama. Because not only would the Democrats not support him, most of the Republican congress wouldn't either.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Here we go, the trolls are out to play, the 'racist associations' it is false and has been proven

Really?

Then he needs to work on getting that message out there...because it is commonly believed that Ron Paul is the white supremist candidate.

Maybe instead of calling people "pretty boys"...him or his PAC should focus on clearing up his image. They can start with his past associations, donations, and attraction of white supremist...then they can work on his image of being a kooky crazy old man.

Attack me all you want...I'm only stating what the common perception of Ron Paul is in the real world (outside of ATS or any other pro Ron Paul website).

<<   2  3  4 >>

join