It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul's latest ad: "pretty boy vs. pretty boy". Its a zinger, check it out!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Cuervo

Either way, it's not good.

He is either in support of discrimination or he is too shortsighted to be able to see the possible negative impacts this would have on society.

Maybe you are right, maybe he gives Americans too much credit to do the right thing...but I find that hard to believe...I think Ron Paul is a lot of things...but I don't think he is stupid...so I don't think he is ignorant to the fact that discrimination would happen.

This is one of my biggest problems with Ron Paul across the board...he is too extreme in his views to allow common sense to win over his absoluteness.

I don't see what the problem is if someone or some business wants to put a sign that would say no blacks or whatever allowed...I'd rather know now that I'm not welcomed before I go in and be followed around by some employee. I agree with Ron Paul that the market will take care of that...that store that says whites only or blacks only will not make as much money as the store across the street that accepts anyone...money talks bs walks...I personally think you are over reaching here...anyone who is a closet racist in these days are going to stay a closet racist.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by greenWeenie

reply to post by SpaDe_

In both clips, he is talking about ending the war in Iraq...and he did.

Any more spin???

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by godWhisperer

That is fine, it is your right to not vote for him again.

But are you going to vote AGAINST him?

Will you support a candidate that is 100% opposite of what Obama said he stood for just because he hasn't been able to execute his plan as well as we hoped he could???

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

He is a racist so he will vote for Obama!!! Trust me even acknowledging his statements is a waste of time.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
outkast searcher on the defensive? let me grab the popcorn!

I said it before and I'll say it again, Ron Paul is the only one that can beat Obama, when general elections come around and its record for record, guess who is going to come out on top?

Obama approval rate extremely low, his job speech didn't change anything, centralized job planning is a massive failure, look at the bankruptcy of Solyndra, look at the job stimulus when each job created cost around $200k of stimulus money.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

i admit, you are well spoken and you make some good points. honestly, i don't think we have much to vote for anymore in this country. it all amounts to lip service and it is the whole system that is corrupt along with many of the participants.

would i vote AGAINST obama? that is a good question. i often feel so discouraged with the whole process that it makes me not want to vote for any of these rich scumbags, and that we will never again be a proud country until we are able to get out from under whoever it is that's really running the country.

i see elsewhere you have posted that he can only be attributed to failing on 9% of his promises. ha! think about that. this candidate was only full of sh*t 9% of the time!!! a miracle!

i know it doesn't matter, but i like that paul was an OBGYN. obama was a lawyer, or, more precisely, law was his field of study, and this makes me like paul even more. i also want the united states to become an isolationist country again and i don't understand why this has become such a bad word. perhaps because of fearmongering. i stopped believing in the boogie man.

i would vote to rework our broken system. given that they won't let me do that i'll likely vote for paul if given the chance.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Nice video and it's good to see the mud slinging it makes everything so much more fun. Some of the fan made videos are pretty good too.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
Friendly Reminder

Please let's be civil and discuss the topic and not each other.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation

Stick to the topic folks....

Further personally directed remarks can very well be met with a posting ban.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

i see elsewhere you have posted that he can only be attributed to failing on 9% of his promises. ha! think about that. this candidate was only full of sh*t 9% of the time!!! a miracle!

I don't necessarily see it as he was full of it. The promise could of been broken for many reason. Sure, one of those reasons could be that he never intended to do it in the first place. But there could be many other reasons...the situation could have changed...he could of met so much opposition to the promise that he made a call to break it.

Both of these can be applied to the Bush Tax cuts promise. Obama said he would rollback the tax cuts on the rich...but the situation changed with the economy and he had huge opposition to it from Republicans AND Democrats. So he made a call...and he broke a promise. Am I happy with it??? No, not at all...I think he should of still rolled them back for the rich. But I understand he was in a tough situation and he made a decision he thought was best...and I can't fault him for that. At least he is still talking about doing it in the future.

As far as your vote for Ron Paul, I would just be interested in what ways do you see Ron Paul similar to the Obama you thought you voted for? Because besides ending the wars, I don't see much similar to the 08 campaign Obama and Ron Paul. So I would be interested in what you see in Paul that would reflect the Obama you thought you were voting for.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

In both clips, he is talking about ending the war in Iraq...and he did. Any more spin???

From about.com:

Troops in Iraq - Total 44,000 U.S. troops as of June 30, 2011. All other nations have withdrawn their troops.

How are there still 44,000 troops over there if he ended the war?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by xyankee

He is a racist so he will vote for Obama!!! Trust me even acknowledging his statements is a waste of time.

why is that?

because he makes some valid points?

while i can understand and appreciate mr paul's approach, intentions and desires ...

his is mostly an 'online campaign' ... one which has a slim chance of playing out the same at the actual 'voting booth'.

i, for one, can't argue that ... perhaps in an election cycle or three .. but just not yet.

his 'following' is tried and true, dyed in the blue - SUPPORTIVE .... but most likely won't pan out as being sufficient in the end.

a shame, perhaps, for his supporters and enthusiasts ... but pretty much 'fact' nonetheless, imo

edit on 9/12/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: speeling

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TegReturns
Ron Paul will be just as crooked as the rest if he gets into office...

I doubt it. He's a doctor so he has enough money. His libido is probably zilch at this age, so no sex scandals.

So no money and no sex. What else are you going to bribe him with?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

his is mostly an 'online campaign' ... one which has a slim chance of playing out the same at the actual 'voting booth'.

The "online campaign" is not his doing. He has no better alternative since the media gives him nothing but stink eye.

perhaps in an election cycle or three .. but just not yet.

Yikes, I'm not sure we HAVE another election cycle or three.

a shame, perhaps, for his supporters and enthusiasts

....and you, and me, and the oblivious masses, and his haters, and the Middle East (except Israel), and the rest of the planet, and the American dollar, and individual rights...
edit on 12-9-2011 by greenWeenie because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2011 by greenWeenie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

you touched on this earlier, asking if i would vote against obama. i definitely voted against bush, but there was more to it than that (just like there is more to it this time around); obama is a great speaker, his use of the 'change' theme (which everybody was hungry for but nobody got, really. he "changed" the few people benefitting from the presidential administration from energy tycoons to wall street manipulators and investment banks).

but again, you raise great points that i think are good for the forum. what is paul's platform? why are there so many people here at ats that support paul? what are the views of his that so many atsers agree with?

like i said, his ideas regarding ending the war and becoming more like pre-WWI america appeal to me. i think we could be something to be proud of again if we actually focused on our own country and stopped paying to keep troops all over the globe. paul has mentioned this several times. this is the most important thing to me because of the disgusting amount of money we pour into other countries through our military and BS private contractors. i don't believe in the boogieman anymore, i don't believe that "they hate our freedom."

i do believe we can be a great country if we focused on our own country. i am desperate for this to happen. i am desperate for american lives to take precedence over money. because the system seems to be a sham, i can't say i would be surprised if paul changed his song after he was elected, anyway. but i do like some of his message now; enough of it, and passionately enough so that i support him against a clear shill like obama has proved himself to be.
edit on 12-9-2011 by godWhisperer because: i meant the Great War

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Well the ad was by a PAC. Unlike other ads which contain the verbiage "I'm Ron Paul and I approve this message", this one does not.

Once again...Ron Paul comes off as being childish and not very dignified in this ad.

You say "once again". Where else do you think he has appeared "childish" and "not dignified"?

And I would disagree with you. The media is having a love fest with these two establishment shills with little or no interest in exposing their hypocritical records. If Ron Paul and his supporters do not expose these liars, I have little confidence that the media will.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Fair enough...I can respect that stance.

Thanks for having a civil discussion.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenWeenie

perhaps in an election cycle or three .. but just not yet.

Yikes, I'm not sure we HAVE another election cycle or three.

Scary but true.

edit on 12-9-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Pull your thumb out of your mouth and put down your blankie. Presidential Politics is, has been and will most likely always be bare-fisted brawling. In a country where MMA is quickly becoming the ultimate form of last man standing sports, I find it laughable you would suggest a more gentile approach.

Meanwhile the toupee wearing hick and the corporate hatchet man with the perma gray temples like on the "munsters tv show" would slit Ron Pauls throat if they saw him in a dark alley. Give me a frigging break!

Now there's a true measure of the difference between the candidates and their plasticity; their hair! That's something the average brain dead voter could understand. Ron Paul is a naturally gray, balding man truly comfortable with letting his intellect taking front stage not his hairdo.

Romney looks like a model for Just For Men hair coloring. Perry, ever the sissy boy cheerleader with a penchant for gay burlesque, attempts to maintain his girlish good looks being a willing receiver for the ptb. I say go for the jugular Ron.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join