It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptist Church To Protest At Ground Zero

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Westboro Baptist Church Group To Protest At Ground Zero

mag.bent.com

Anti-gay Westboro Baptist Church are planning to hold a protest at Ground Zero on the tenth anniversary of the New York and Washington terror attacks.

The group which protests at military funerals with ‘God Hates Fags’ placards have announced that it is shameful that people will be mourning the loss of those killed in the attacks and that the souls of the deceased are in hell.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Their website has their picket schedule and NYC is planned this 9/11.
godhatesfags.com...
edit on 8-9-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Sep 9 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: edit of inappropriate title

edit on Fri Sep 9 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Who was it that said, "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it", Voltaire? A statement any American should agree with but damn it's getting hard when these people get together to protest, especially when they include children in such protests. It's never a good idea to censor anybody because that can and will come back to bite us in the ass. But damn....

All I can say is good luck to them trying to protest like this in NYC, especially protesting 9/11 victims. Should go over swimmingly

Do you think these people are going to Heaven? I mean really, is God loving or not?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
These are true Christians.

They are following "God's" word in the Bible to a "t".

They are only following what has been left for them in a highly edited book they choose to live their life by, and truely live their life by it.

Most Christians now think everyone is created equal, but that's simply not what the Christian bible says.

It's like the founding fathers saying all men are created equal as the vast majority directly own slaves.
edit on 8-9-2011 by Jeanius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I don't think God hates fags.
He doesn't like homosexuality though.

They do have a right to protest either way.
edit on 8-9-2011 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Oh hell no, see why some atheists don't worship god ? # like this, over religious people that will be the first to burn in hell. This is shameful, I wish I was there. I would've walked around there with my relatives blasting lady gaga's Judas. People like this make me #ing sick, S & F OP.

God doesn't hate fags, he hates people with hate in their hearts. If anybody watches true blood, don't these people remind you of that church fellowship of the sun. It's sick how people are hateful like this.
edit on 8-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeanius
These are true Christians.

They are following "God's" word in the Bible to a "t".

They are only following what has been left for them in a highly edited book.

Stereo typing is wrong.
I am a Christian. I also have a close friend who is gay.

That church does not represent Christianity. It represents Ignorance.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
all i have to say is..

what an abomination of a church, mixing up victims with 'fags' and damning them to their own hell

oh and that gay orientation is a protected group at least in nyc (as are ethnicities, ages, genders, sexes, religions) and one group cant be used against another (cant use shelter of religious freedom to publicly condemn/persecute another protected group)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

Now I don't follow the Bible or any religion at all. I did spend 6 years in Catholic school but that's about as far as my religious experience goes. So where in the Bible does it say God hates fags, or gay people? Old Testament or New?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
interesting...... they come out to protest on 9/11 while the first responders are also protesting on 9/11
i had a theory that westboro was given orders in a way to convince ourselves that censorship of assembly was ok (for certain groups)
so first off, are they claiming that everyone that died that day was gay and going to hell? that nobody that died was as hateful as them? i dont buy that. this seems like a distraction, and i would be willing to bet their protest would be a lot more publicized.

i just dont understand the protest unless its to draw attention away from a genuine protest, or unless they were going to mix in with the first responders protests. and boy would that be one hell of a way to discredit the 9/11 responders, no?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

The new testament doesn't say anything specifically about homosexuality.
On the other hand it does preach against sexual immorality.
Homosexuality does fall into that category.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Not the place or the time and I don't believe God hates anyone. I don't believe sustaining life works with homosexuals as men having sex together can't have babies (same goes with women having sex with other women). Humans weren't created for same gender sex but hating gay people doesn't make you a better person. I say leave the judgement to God/Creator and just pray for the victims and families of 9/11.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Well they usually cite Leviticus 18 through 20. They also cite Paul of the new testament I believe in the first chapter of Romans.
edit on 8-9-2011 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Okay so it's not the New Testamament? I know there is some verse, or whatever, somewhere that people love to quote to "prove" gayness is evil. So, if this is in the Old Testament how come Jews aren't preaching this as well? I know some hard core Orthodox Jews who don't have these views, and they believe everything in that book to a tee.

Bottom line, the WBC are not true Christians, more like attention whores, imo. Are we to believe all the 9/11 victims were gay or evil? Where do they get their "facts" before they protest? Or are they just making this up as they go?

Originally posted by Openeye
reply to post by Swills

Well they usually cite Leviticus 18 through 20. They also cite Paul of the new testament I believe in the first chapter of Romans.

So it's not Old T but New T?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
God does not hate gays. God does hate sin, and homosexuality is a sin. God does not hate sinners, he hates the sin.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Looks like a good time to invest in those pants that have a caution sign on the butt that says "exit only, do not enter".

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
guys, i realize that they are protesting homosexuality, and that may be right or wrong, i dont know
but i do know that 9/11 (whether the OS or an inside job) had nothing to do with homosexuality, so what is the point of being there on that day specifically? it just seems off, but instead it seems it will just get the gay debate raging again, on top of people screaming to censor them

does it make sense to anyone else? does it really?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
God does not hate gays. God does hate sin, and homosexuality is a sin. God does not hate sinners, he hates the sin.

yar, you speak the truth.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
threatening 10% of the american and world population with 'not adam n steve' propaganda is so...

Christian of Christians!

no wonder so many gays stay in the 'closet' that Christianity & other religions created for all 'deviants' from the 'norm'

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by GmoS719

Okay so it's not the New Testamament? I know there is some verse, or whatever, somewhere that people love to quote to "prove" gayness is evil. So, if this is in the Old Testament how come Jews aren't preaching this as well? I know some hard core Orthodox Jews who don't have these views, and they believe everything in that book to a tee.

Bottom line, the WBC are not true Christians, more like attention whores, imo. Are we to believe all the 9/11 victims were gay or evil? Where do they get their "facts" before they protest? Or are they just making this up as they go?

Originally posted by Openeye
reply to post by Swills

So it's not Old T but New T?

The old testament specifically states that homosexuality is an abomination.
The new testament says sexual immorality. Which homosexuality is.
So, basically it's in both.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Venomilk

Maybe they are taking advantage of the site getting a lot of publicity on that day?
To get their message across.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join