It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptist Church To Protest At Ground Zero

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
Seriously though, these whackos do not represent Christianity, they represent their interpretation of it, as a Protestant Christian, their warped views sicken me.

Homosexuality *is* condemned in the Bible; in both the Old and New Testaments. Look it up if you don't believe me.

Before you leap down my throat, that doesn't mean I agree with them. All I'm saying is, that people who claim that homophobia isn't Christian, are wrong. Opposition to homosexuality is a fundamental element of Biblical theology.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Pretty vile in my eyes, using an already sad day to spout there BS. I'm all for freedom of speech but you've got to draw the line somewhere just hope bloomberg stops it.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
If GOD is soooooooooo powerful then why does he need a choosen few to speak for him???

These people have an agenda,what the heck do they know what GOD hates.....alrighty then.

And out of all people......Yeah like GOD needs these IDIOTS to speak for him,her or whatever!!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I always thought this had nothing to do with religion. I really believe this is their business model cloaked with religious speech.

1. Do controversial protests
2. Get national coverage
3. Receive donations from supporters who believe they have religious motives for their protests
4. Profit
edit on 9-9-2011 by Kaploink because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
God hates fags huh? Why is it that homosexuality isn't mentioned anywhere in the Ten Commandments? Which is the ultimate and only laws that we're supposed to follow. I believe these people are following old rabbinical additions to the true word.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Homosexuality *is* condemned in the Bible; in both the Old and New Testaments. Look it up if you don't believe me. Before you leap down my throat, that doesn't mean I agree with them. All I'm saying is, that people who claim that homophobia isn't Christian, are wrong. Opposition to homosexuality is a fundamental element of Biblical theology.

I agree..its obvious it is not accepted in the bible. So if you believe in the bible.... and you are condoning homosexuality...you have somehow twisted its content.

Going to a memorial site..that has nothing to do with homosexuality with signs that say "God hates fags" doesn't seem like a biblical thing to do as well.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Some gay group should get out there and drown them out by screaming "God hates Baptist"...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
im sure somewhere in the bible it says god is the only one that can judge people so im pretty certain that all these westboro fags are gonna go to hell

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

As I said, its not mentioned in the Ten Commandments (which is supposed to be the very word of God handed to Moses at Mt.Sinai) and Jesus Christ never mentioned homosexuality in his teachings (although later writings in the New Testament did, but isn't the New Testament supposed to be all about what Jesus said?)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MastaShake
im sure somewhere in the bible it says god is the only one that can judge people so im pretty certain that all these westboro fags are gonna go to hell

The bible says so many things..that seem to contradict..

It also says you shouldn't "hang out" with sinners...so how are you supposed to qualify them as sinners unless you judge?

The bible has wisdom in it , in some places...but it also is very confusing.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Because the true word takes up very little space in the Bible, a lot of it is humanity trying to take advantage of people's search for answers and inserting their own "truths" in there. I mean really, it says that God killed someone for pulling out of a woman and spilling his "seed" on the ground....do you really think and omnipotent being would care if someone pulls out or uses a condom or any of that? It seems to me that back in the day the Jews in charge knew that if everyone pulled out then their empire would stagnate.....so add some of their own mystic mumbo jumbo and people will be creaming in their wives like crazy and that gives them more bodies for their kingdom and religion.
Empires need new babies to become soldiers and workers.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by baalbuster

As I said, its not mentioned in the Ten Commandments (which is supposed to be the very word of God handed to Moses at Mt.Sinai) and Jesus Christ never mentioned homosexuality in his teachings (although later writings in the New Testament did, but isn't the New Testament supposed to be all about what Jesus said?)

well..neither is rape mentioned in the commandments....as well as having sex with young children..who are not of child bearing years...

I don't call recall Jesus ever mentioning these as well.. so I guess that means they are ok?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink
I always thought this had nothing to do with religion. I really believe this is their business model cloaked with religious speech.

1. Do controversial protests
2. Get national coverage
3. Receive donations from supporters who believe they have religious motives for their protests
4. Profit
edit on 9-9-2011 by Kaploink because: (no reason given)

You missed a couple of steps.

a) get assaulted
b) sue their asses off.

again, profit.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Those humans who are making the protests are just a small time cult who are savvy at getting media attention. They are unimportant, ignore them and they will fade. The MSM and WBC feed off one another which is the only reason they are even been discussed. WBC are quite pityful against true human potentional and achievement and against that context WBC have not won anything, scored no points and are lost in illusions of their own design.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Well as they are going to New York, the question is does anyone really care about what a bunch of fanatical people are out there doing? After all I am sure that their visit to New York, will be an eye opener to them, probably see some colorful people and ultimately either accept the fact that they just are not really that news worthy or it will give them what they are addicted to, attention.

When groups like this make a stink, the winning move is just to ignore such. We can not allow for laws to be restrictive, then we must exercise our right to simply ignore them.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
reply to post by baalbuster

well..neither is rape mentioned in the commandments....as well as having sex with young children..who are not of child bearing years...

I don't call recall Jesus ever mentioning these as well.. so I guess that means they are ok?

So homosexuality is equal to rape? I think rape could almost be equated to murder since the soul is almost murdered in such a harsh event. So is two consenting people who enter into a homosexual relationship with each other hurting anyone else as rape does? The same places that it mentions homosexuality being a so called sin is also the same places you'll find the call to stone unbelievers.

It does say that thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife in the ten commandments, which could be interpreted as a call against rape, since coveting will eventually lead to such an act if thought upon enough...and Jesus also said that if a man commits lust with a woman in his heart its the same as if he really had committed such lust, which is a call to watch ones thoughts and actions towards women....so yeah I'd say that being mindful towards women ( or men or children) could be said to have been covered.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythos

Originally posted by GmoS719
reply to post by mythos

Like I said, God doesn't hate the sinner, he hates the sin.

And in a different post of mine, I go on to say I am a christian and have a close friend who is gay.

And yes, I base my beliefs on the Bible.
Why should it matter to you?

because you are stating what certitude what you think GOD thinks. and in this certitude is a judgment (and condemnation) of large swatches of people.

i am a Wiccan minister. does your God hate me?

edit to add: so you tell your friend that.... "god doesn't hate you, but he is really not into your expression of love for another human being?" that is a bold gesture on your part, and tolerant friend, imo.

edit on 8-9-2011 by mythos because: edit to add a final line

God doesn't Hate you, but he isnt very happy with witchcraft and the casting of spells and the worshipping of other "deities" that had no hand in creating you. Here are His commandments, just a few there are actually 600 in all.

FIRST commandment: thou shalt have no other gods before me.

SECOND commandment:You shall not make for yourself a carved image--any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.' (idols, statues etc)

Skip to seven.

SEVEN commandment: You shall not commit adultery. (you know all those sex rituals that wiccans like to do with various other people they aren't married to)

No He doesn't hate you, but He will not forget your betrayal. Some people say "oh wicca is about worshipping nature", or "wicca worships two goddesses". It doesn't matter who youre worshipping or for what reason, He comes First in ALL things. People worship money and put money before Him, doing this they treat it as God. God comes first in whatever you do.

Granted you have the freedom to believe whatever you want, it is your right and your choice and with that thought i leave you.

Shalom

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join