It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptist Church To Protest At Ground Zero

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420
reply to post by citizen6511

Tell that to the 19 hijackers.

Very few people are required to enact change if they are used properly.

You have a Westboro protest turn into a bloody protest and people will DEMAND change. They would probably start with making hate/incitement speech illegal, than start adding things to the hate/incitement list.

Has happened outside the US and is fully capable of happening in the US.

i beleive canada has a law against exciting hate against visible groups.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ka119

I wish I was religious so I could tell these pieces of # to go burn in hell.

That's funny..you made my day with that line..

On the original topic..I'd have to say that is extreme gay bashing. Its all fine if you don't think homosexuality is endorsed by your God, and they have a right to believe that..but to bring it to a venue such as ground zero,on a very solemn day does nothing for the cause, and only portrays them as haters.

C'mon..God Hates fags??..on a sign? Wouldn't they accomplish more by holding their own prayer vigils about homosexuality?..if they are really interested in fighting it?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by subject x

Finally!!! Someone has figured this group out!!

This has nothing to do with religion, or hatred of homosexuals.

The "good" rev. Phelps and his penny ante group of camp followers are nothing more, or less, than money grubbing con men with law degrees and a con...

Given the feelings of some towards religion... ...and the lack of toleration of others... It's only a matter of time 'til they hit their pay day. Given the intense emotions likely to be present at Ground Zero this weekend, I hope New York City officials do the right thing, and move them away, or keep them away. Or someone, or someones, could get hurt. The right to protest isn't a license, public safety is paramount.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

edit on 9/8/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
This is kind of like that joke the atheist tells the Christian, where the Christian says the fossils were put there by God to test us, and the atheist says, "I think God put you here to test me." Same deal, "God" put the Westboro baptists here to test us. Do we A) eliminate free speech because of some nut jobs (who probably are being promoted by the MSM for just such an agenda). or B) ignore it and/or refute them with free speech of our own.

WB: God hates fags
Me: No he doesn't, he loves everyone.

Point and match.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
no probem...letting fools show they are fools,as often as possible,is a "good thing"...and thats whats happening here

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
God does not hate homosexuals. He doesn't hate adulterers. He doesn't hate fornicators. He loves them, but they are doing things against His will and against His laws. It is the law of God that judges them. God loves them and wants them to be happy, and set free from sin. Sin makes you an enemy of God by defying His will.

These people do not have it right, and they do not speak for all Christians. God does not hate people, God hates the sin they commit. And if they are condemned by God's law, it is only they who have chosen to be condemned.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

god does not hate anything (including sin). sin and hate are human constructs.

to assume one knows what god thinks, wants and hates is rather dangerous and a stones throw from the fanatical actions of the WBC, the Taliban, and any other group that thinks they know God's mercurial temperaments.

if one wishes to assume what god thinks, try unconditional love.
end of story.

and a whole lot less mean-mugging.

edit on 8-9-2011 by mythos because: clarifier

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
....religion aside.

Its commonly known that homophobes (hatred of gays) are in fact usually gay themselves, but are jealous because they cannot be open about it.

This christian selective must be a group of jealous homosexuals. I feel sorry for them.

edit on 8-9-2011 by InsideYourMind because: spelling

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen6511

We do.

And it has been used to silence people who are not inciting hate and violence.

It is a very dangerous law that (knock on wood) so far has been used infrequently for political means.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

What WBC says is that events like 9/11 or any military death happens because the US is an immoral country due to the fact that we have not outlawed homosexuality. There for all the bad things and deaths that happen, happen because God is punishing us for our immoral ways.

I'm not condoning what they do, mind you. I think they are sick individuals that border on the fringe of being a cult. My state has tried to sue them twice for various things, one being child endangerment because they bring little kids to the protests and that it makes them a target.

They tried to protest at San Diego Comic-Con saying that superheroes and comic books were lewd and immoral. The comic geek set is not the group to protest. Most of us have dealt with this kind of persecution most of our lives. So a big group of geeks and geek lovers got together and gave them a taste of their own medicine.

They made protest signs and heckled the crap out of them. Needless to say, the WBC wackos didn't stick around very long. It was probably the shortest protest they've ever done.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by iNkGeEk

OMG please tell me there's video of the Comic Con protests!

And I see why they claim to have a reason to say America is immoral. Funny thing, they would almost be right but their religion confuses them. They base all of their hate on homosexuality. There are many reasons to call America, or better yet her Gov't evil and immoral, but being gay is the wrong issue. In fact it's a non issue. Why don't they picket the Catholic Church? It's clear many priests are gay pedophiles who have been protected by the Church for decades, or longer perhaps. Maybe I should write them an email and suggest it

I have found a video, will continue to look for more! This is how you combat the hateful WBC

edit on 9-9-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I was hoping these idiots would do something like this I'm looking forward to seeing these fools being chased right outta NYC or that's what they are counting on they get chased off and they can play the "oppressed Christians."

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
How ironic, when a lot of people belive that jesus himself was indeed a homosexual.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
I don't think God hates fags.
He doesn't like homosexuality though.

I tried asking Kali what she thought of homosexuality, once. Her answer was that if I wasn't gay myself, I should mind my own business.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
God hates no one. Someone who hates someone in there heart is truly destroying them self as this has a great meaning.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

That is 100% correct. If they were really following the Bible, they would show up with signs saying "God loves YOU" .....without using offensive words. They would be letting these people (who they claim are "sinners") that God loves everyone and forgives. This is what the Bible teaches, and if they were true Christians, they would want to "save thier souls" not berate them. This is exactly why I don't go to church anymore....I have seen so much hypocrisy that it turns my stomach. These people are no better than the KKK or the Nazis.
edit on 9/9/2011 by StealthyKat because: sp

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Ok...is it just me that thinks this? These people are truly insane...and real haters. I think they better all go stand in front of a mirror and preach to themselves.

I think their protest is very inappropriate....and on the wrong day...at the wrong place...at the wrong time.

Don't they realize that they are portraying themselves as evil.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
If God hates fags, why did he invent tobacco??

Seriously though, these whackos do not represent Christianity, they represent their interpretation of it, as a Protestant Christian, their warped views sicken me.

Here is Jael Phelps (one of the head honchos of the WBC) Facebook page, it used to be open so anyone could comment (oh boy did I use to have fun), but it looks like she has stopped that, you can still however still read her wall and gain insight into these twisted fools. I think I seen some info on 11/9/11 (I'm British :-p it's DD/MM/YYYY for us, lol) memorial protests too.

www.facebook.com...

EDIT: You can still comment on her photos

edit on 9/9/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
Ok...is it just me that thinks this? These people are truly insane...and real haters. I think they better all go stand in front of a mirror and preach to themselves.

The WBC are an atheistic false flag group; presumably with the intent of discrediting Christianity.

I don't claim to understand what their motive is, other than them being screwed up in the head; but I do know that they're not actual Christians, in the sense that they don't really believe what they're saying at all. They're actually atheists who pretend.
edit on 9-9-2011 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join