It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8-month Lurker-to-member conversion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Hello ATS,
it feels good to be official! I guess I'll start at the beginning:

I'm 25, was raised in an extremely conservative Christian household (3-5 times/week at church) and held to these beliefs until I was 20. I softened my viewpoints a little after being in college a few years and sat in a complacent time (as most 20-somethings do) for a few years. Then something BIG happened- my best friend from high school died in a car wreck.

So I started researching death which led me to the pineal gland and '___' production

which led me to lucid dreaming/astral projection

which led me to re-examining questions that I'd always had about the cosmos and creation of the universe that my spiritual elders could only answer with "faith" and creationism

which led me to UFOs, environmental considerations, and higher-level global economic impacts

which led me here!

Since I've been lurking I've used the AWESOME threads and the supporting/countering viewpoints to springboard my own personal research into a myriad of matters. I'm the only person I know who researches such topics with such voracity and passion. This is not a fad thing for me- in fact, I can't share any of my findings with 95% of the people I know because they somehow connect back to my parent's church or spiritual community and I would get a bombardment of "I'm praying for you!"s for even mentioning questioning the existence of "God" as they know "him" and the NIV bible. Not that I don't enjoy my few material comforts, but I'd go as far as to say as it is one of my major purposes in life- to sort this out, to uncover the shroud of ignorance and negativity that is plaguing this world.

Personally, I am a musician (used to run a recording studio for a few years), a photographer, and just recently finished my degree in accounting. I understand things like logic, accuracy, verifiability, and plausibility- but I am also creative and enjoy the human aspect of these topics.

I probably won't create any new threads for a while, but decided it was finally time to become a member. Partly because sometimes I want SO bad to reply to some threads, but also the flagging function alone will keep 10+ tabs off my browser at any given time!

Thanks to all the ATS members that have already aided my quest for knowledge, and also those provide much needed skepticism when I'm awe-struck at new notions.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by hungry4truth

Explanation: Flagged!

Personal Disclosure: Welcome! OL is sure a mod will be along soon to help out with an informative post etc. I also recommend utilizing the green chat voyuer function on the ATS tool bar to the bottom of most ATS webpages [aka the ribbon]! It will enable you to watch who and what is being posted in chat but unfortunately you wont be able to join or chat back until your post count reaches 200 posts or so.

Reply to this post with the reply function up top right of this post and that'll be another post towards your mandatory 20 posts before you can start your own threads

Peace and much love!

Sincerely OL [OmegaLogos]

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Welcome home

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Thanks for the advice, its CRAZY how much functionality I didn't realize was on here as a non-member. If there are any lurkers reading this- go ahead and click the "become an ATS member" button at the top, I was just like you an hour ago!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

That was a really good introduction. Welcome to ATS!

Hope to see you around the boards more often.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I'm glad you validated that, I felt as if I got a little long-winded for most people's interests. My redeeming quality is that I know how to write in sentences

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Hi hungry4truth, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.
I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from to add your thoughts and opinions too.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
We are Rigel4....
We Extend many greetings to a new drone.

Live long and prosper

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Hi and welcome to ATS!!

Great introduction and sorry for the loss of your friend. No doubt you will be a welcome addition!!

See you around the boards.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Thanks, oddly my research has settled my emotions about death GREATLY. I love your signature, by the way!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Welcome Hungry4 from Open2 -

Look forward to seeing your posts on the boards.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Hello hungry4truth,

Like others have mentioned, great intro thread

Hope to see you around the boards

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
welcome.

glad you got your bit of solitude and found the joy of questioning what you were led to believe
vs what you discovered for yourself.

enjoy your stay, and i look forward to see some threads on your new knowledge.

new topics

top topics

join