It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist urges: "Scour Earth for traces of intelligent aliens "

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Scour Earth for traces of intelligent aliens
07 September 2011 by Lisa Grossman
www.newscientist.com...

If smart aliens exist, they may have visited Earth millions of years ago – and left signs of their technological prowess that should be cheap and easy for us to detect.

He doesn't seem to accept any currently known proposed evidence but he seems open to the general possibility of its existence.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Evidence?
Like Pyramids or something?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Haha i thought for a second that they were going to scan Earth for signs of intelligent human life ! Seems like a waste of time seeing as there's nearly 8 billion people on earth you'd think someone would have come across some good evidence by now.

Hang on i'm interested, better go read the article !

Davies admits that his idea is "wild and fanciful", but adds that it has the benefit of being cheap. "It costs nothing to crawl through a database of genomes. This stuff is free on the internet," he says. "The chances are exceedingly small that anything will come out of it. Nevertheless, the pay-off is exceedingly big."

Seems like the Japanese have had a go but I'm surprised more scientists haven't investigated this possibility
edit on 7-9-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: added a quote and some poorly informed opinion

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
There's Terence Mckenna's theory that if you were an advanced civilization you might program your dna into a space borne mushroom spore that feeds on decomposing matter to make very little impact on a host, and then interact with other species through novel chemistry.www.lycaeum.org...[editb y]edit on 7-9-2011 by Moe Drama because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moe Drama
There's Terence Mckenna's theory that if you were an advanced civilization you might program your dna into a space borne mushroom spore that feeds on decomposing matter to make very little impact on a host, and then interact with other species through novel chemistry.

Theres also this thing called "Science Fiction"

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Moe Drama

I can see where he came up with that theory !
I believe he had a certain predilection for certain types of mycological specimens, especially those funny ones from South America. Seems it seeped into his belief system, fancy that.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
Scour Earth for traces of intelligent aliens
07 September 2011 by Lisa Grossman
www.newscientist.com...

If smart aliens exist, they may have visited Earth millions of years ago – and left signs of their technological prowess that should be cheap and easy for us to detect.

He doesn't seem to accept any currently known proposed evidence but he seems open to the general possibility of its existence.

Evidence and existence of aliens and or their technology and or their signs of existence are kept top secret with government. I assure the scientist that traces of aliens and everything else to do with them has already been found. Good luck to the scientists!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I thought saucers and UFOs were the definitive statement that
they are superior to humans so why think they left a trace when
they never leave one now. Its all happening now.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Evidence? Like:

Giza pyramids?
Puma Punku?
Tihauhanaco?
Shanxi ruins?
Great Zimbabwe?
Mohenjo Dahro?
Teotihuacan?
Gobekli Tepe?
Nazca?
Machu Pichu?
Chaco canyon?
Angkor?
Atacama Giant?
Ica?
Bimini?
Yonaguni?

Tell to these scientists to start... randomly.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Teabags
Evidence?
Like Pyramids or something?

Lol, better send them a link..............

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
The Lone Archer urges ATS members to scour Earth for traces of intelligent politicians.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Perhaps big block buildings are traces the UFOs with tractor beams built.
The evidence is clear that the record of the ship doing the building is lost
or henceforth never uncovered. However big stone buildings are out of style
and non humans are rare so I would stick with a human takeover on Earth
for quite some time now. The ETs chased off by some event.

ETs lost the urge to make big stone structures any more since perhaps
close to the AD or the violent cosmic event of Exodus as told by Velikovsky.
We do have the Tesla ship which we see now and might provide the same
building ability.

There is no record of the building machines on Pyramids just as cranes were
not left around the Empire State Building after going up.
The cruel twist is we have these building machines or saucer or UFOs
that the supposed ancient ETs had or they have now but can't find the
urge. Perhaps the Tesla ship is a different type of ship but the theoretical
ability to haul large and heavy objects is a shoe in if the speed and
ability we see now is any reality check.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Its amazing because 1 only needs to further look into the genes/ blood. I have thougt tho the oceans have some cool stuff down there. But 1 would think the SPACENAVY seen most of it. Dont know if they found holes and entered
yet.
edit on 9/8/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
We only need to look as far as Ossy Osbourne. But then again, intelligent? Well, he certainly looks different.

If we are to find and alien presence, I think that we should look deep under the oceans.
edit on 8/9/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
And Scientology has officially won . . . .

Xenu
en.wikipedia.org...

Xenu (play /ˈziːnuː/ zee-noo),[1][2][3] also spelled Xemu, was, according to the founder of Scientology and science fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard, the dictator of the "Galactic Confederacy" who, 75 million years ago, brought billions[4][5] of his people to Earth in a DC-8-like spacecraft, stacked them around volcanoes and killed them using hydrogen bombs. Official Scientology dogma holds that the essences of these many people remained, and that they form around people in modern times, causing them spiritual harm.[1][6]

These events are known within Scientology as "Incident II",[7] and the traumatic memories associated with them as The Wall of Fire or the R6 implant. The narrative of Xenu is part of Scientologist teachings about extraterrestrial civilizations and alien interventions in earthly events, collectively described as space opera by Hubbard. Hubbard detailed the story in Operating Thetan level III (OT III) in 1967, warning that the R6 "implant" (past trauma)[8] was "calculated to kill (by pneumonia etc) anyone who attempts to solve it".[8][9][10]

Within the Church of Scientology, the Xenu story is part of the church's secret "Advanced Technology",[7] considered a sacred and esoteric teaching,[11] and normally only revealed to members who have already contributed large amounts of money.[12] The church avoids mention of Xenu in public statements and has gone to considerable effort to maintain the story's confidentiality, including legal action on the grounds of both copyright and trade secrecy.[13] Officials of the Church of Scientology widely deny or try to hide the Xenu story.[14][15] Despite this, much material on Xenu has leaked to the public via court documents, copies of Hubbard's notes, and the Internet.[14] In commentary on the impact of the Xenu text, academic scholars have discussed and analyzed the writings by Hubbard and their place within Scientology within the contexts of science fiction,[16] UFO religions,[17] gnosticism[18][19] and creation myth.[20]

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
"Scour" for "intelligent aliens"?

No self respecting scientist would come out and say that unless he knows something.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

Evidence? Like:

Giza pyramids?
Puma Punku?
Tihauhanaco?
Shanxi ruins?
Great Zimbabwe?
Mohenjo Dahro?
Teotihuacan?
Gobekli Tepe?
Nazca?
Machu Pichu?
Chaco canyon?
Angkor?
Atacama Giant?
Ica?
Bimini?
Yonaguni?

Tell to these scientists to start... randomly.

I haven't heard of most of these. You know I'm gonna have to look them all up now.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Reply to post by spw184

And this thing called trolling. Therese t
hat too... I think its a nice idea and thought. Scour the earth not the sky...
I have heard theories that every organism on earth has a frequency that can be measured. So do planets. The theory, or science if you want, suggests that white people are the actual aliens because their frequency matches that of mars. Black people match earths frequency... Now thats a theory worth speculating over, but obviously not in this thread! Just saying, the idea may not be that far fetched.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Wow actually considering traces from millions of years ago seems a bit
advantageous for a long career. They can't even trace the influence of Mars
in Homer which was considered in a college class I had many years ago.
Pre Velikovsky or not as usual the obvious can not be consider and
we must talk about a million years. This millions years is a Relativists
Illuminati code word join a group of Big Liars club to establish their own
discoveries.
edit on 9/8/2011 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by spw184

Originally posted by Moe Drama
There's Terence Mckenna's theory that if you were an advanced civilization you might program your dna into a space borne mushroom spore that feeds on decomposing matter to make very little impact on a host, and then interact with other species through novel chemistry.

Theres also this thing called "Science Fiction"

Not so science fiction as one might think. Looking at nature you'll see it builds upon what has already been - the problem with the psilocybin mushroom fitting into that earth-bound grown process, is that it's the only 4-phosphorylated indole on the planet.

Then count the spores' outer density is nearly that of metal. Then count that the space environment is the perfect place for spore self replication.

But most interesting is the use of the mushroom by indigenous peoples who've never heard of a flying saucer or aliens - yet they describe some interesting encounters akin to alien contact. Ayahuasca artists, who paint their visions, have painted flying discs and alien-like beings - some without any influence from Western culture.

If you look into the psychedelic literature, particularly '___' research from Dr. Rick Strassman and Dr. Dennis and Terence McKenna, you'll find some compelling instances and correlations.
edit on 8-9-2011 by jritzmann because: grammar

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join