It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question About An AH-6J Little Bird

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I have lived in my current location for 11 years.
I live 30 miles east of Fort Knox.
I have never seen one of these helicopters fly over my house.
It was all black,nothing on it indicating what branch of the military or civil law enforcement.
It look like maybe it had 50 cal machine guns on either side.Big guns,not mini machine guns or rocket launchers.
It looked like this.

But where those launchers are located,there where some really big guns extending well past the cockpit and landing gear.
Any ideas?
It just flew over heading east about 15 mins ago.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This looks like a desolate landscape, which is conducive to testing ranges. Since they are unmarked, my first inclination is that they are new off the assembly line (therefore not marked yet) and are performing flight and weapons testing procedures.

However, I work within a few miles of a major military base. I have noticed significantly more hilo activity today than normal.
edit on 7-9-2011 by TomServo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TomServo
This looks like a desolate landscape, which is conducive to testing ranges. Since they are unmarked, my first inclination is that they are new off the assembly line (therefore not marked yet) and are performing flight and weapons testing procedures.

However, I work within a few miles of a major military base. I have noticed significantly more hilo activity today than normal.
edit on 7-9-2011 by TomServo because: (no reason given)

The picture is from the internet.I live on the outskirts of a good size city on top of a wooded hill.
A suburb.
I see all kinds of aircraft and I have never seen this one before.
It was about 300 ft above me and hauling butt.
It was heading towards downtown Louisville,KY .

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Is their a fire around? Yesterday I saw 2 chinooks they wear going to help put out a forest fire. All though I have seen military craft in unusual spots. I think I saw a black hawk (some kind of big helicopter with guns) flying low and I have seen a military jet flying at sonic speed REALLY low in the city. I guess what im trying to say is dont get scared unless you a bunch.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Treasury Department Fort Knox Gold Depository

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 8ILlBILl8

Not scared, curious.
No fire here,it has cooled off and been raining and drizzling for the last couple of days.
It was not a blackhawk.
Special ops or something.
But my son and I were outside and he even commented that "wow dad,did you see the size of those guns!"
He is 10 years old.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bullcookies

You are correct.
But rumor has it,there is no gold there.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

Originally posted by Bullcookies

You are correct.
But rumor has it,there is no gold there.
I guess they won't be using those big guns much, Saves on ammo

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

160 SOAR(A) bird from Fort Campbell. Don't know why it visited your house. Maybe doing something fun.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

If this is it,a 160 soar(A),

Then that is not what I saw.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I have lived in my current location for 11 years.
I live 30 miles east of Fort Knox.
I have never seen one of these helicopters fly over my house.
It was all black,nothing on it indicating what branch of the military or civil law enforcement.
It look like maybe it had 50 cal machine guns on either side.Big guns,not mini machine guns or rocket launchers.
It looked like this.

But where those launchers are located,there where some really big guns extending well past the cockpit and landing gear.
Any ideas?
It just flew over heading east about 15 mins ago.

I just saw it again heading back west,a little further north from me than before,closer to the Ohio River.
It was flying so fast,that when I heard it and ran outside I could barely see it.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Ok,so I have searched through hundreds of pictures of helicopters,and the AH-J6 came closest,but with a little more of a nose on it,not much.And the weaponry for the AH-6J doesn't match what I saw.
So,a new type of helicopter??

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
This is a little off topic of your op, but I was fishing at the local river about a week and a half ago and a darn UH-1 Huey flew over us low and it like serviceman in flight gear to me....

I just thought it was a little off. It was low and moving fast. It was right over me and my son. We live like 40 to 50 miles fromn SAFB, but I have never seen one this low and fast around here.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
This is a little off topic of your op, but I was fishing at the local river about a week and a half ago and a darn UH-1 Huey flew over us low and it like serviceman in flight gear to me....

I just thought it was a little off. It was low and moving fast. It was right over me and my son. We live like 40 to 50 miles fromn SAFB, but I have never seen one this low and fast around here.

No,not off topic,in fact you helped me closer to what I saw.

But black and with a big gun on either side between the fuselage and the landing gear extending beyond the nose of the cockpit.

Thanks.

It was smaller and the fuselage was shorter.
edit on 7-9-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
OH-58? You can mount .50's outboard on them.

edit on 7-9-2011 by _Del_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

If this is it,a 160 soar(A),

Then that is not what I saw.

The 160th SOAR(A) is a unit. They operate the MH-56 as well as the Blackhawk variants.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Del_
OH-58? You can mount .50's outboard on them.

edit on 7-9-2011 by _Del_ because: (no reason given)

Thanks!!!!
That is what I saw,but with the guns,or whatever they were extended well past the front of the cockpit.The barrel of it was as big as the landing gear.Maybe they were heading to the National Guard Base just east of me for a little show.

And jet,flat,black.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
We also have BAE,a weapons based contractor here also,so maybe they were testing some new weapon?
www.baesystems.com...

And ,I must say,they have some serious stuff going on.
WHOA!!!
Namely,this page,which I can no longer access their Unmanned Autonomous Systems.
www.baesystems.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Maybe. I know the Saudi's have put 20 mm pods on them. I don't think the US has deployed them (the pods) operationally. I'll try to hunt up a picture.

Pictures of the company's 406CS demonstrator:

edit on 8-9-2011 by _Del_ because: Added pics

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
try a google search for little bird.
you get all kinds of pages and images.
also all types weapons attached to them.

did the guns look like this

edit on 8-9-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join