It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question About An AH-6J Little Bird

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
try a google search for little bird.
you get all kinds of pages and images.
also all types weapons attached to them.

edit on 7-9-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

I have already done that,thank you.That is how I came up with the first pic right away before I posted this thread.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

i just added a picture on my first post with a mini gun on the frame
check it out.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
try a google search for little bird.
you get all kinds of pages and images.
also all types weapons attached to them.

did the guns look like this

Great picture,but what I saw,the gun barrel was alot longer and very impressive .
If it was a gun barrel.It was as big if not bigger around then the landing gear.
Maybe it wasn't a gun,but something else.One on each side,between the landing gear and the cockpit.
I would say maybe 2 in pipe in diameter
Extending past the cockpit at least 2 ft.

edit on 8-9-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

Originally posted by kdog1982
I have lived in my current location for 11 years.
I live 30 miles east of Fort Knox.
I have never seen one of these helicopters fly over my house.
It was all black,nothing on it indicating what branch of the military or civil law enforcement.
It look like maybe it had 50 cal machine guns on either side.Big guns,not mini machine guns or rocket launchers.
It looked like this.

But where those launchers are located,there where some really big guns extending well past the cockpit and landing gear.
Any ideas?
It just flew over heading east about 15 mins ago.

I just saw it again heading back west,a little further north from me than before,closer to the Ohio River.
It was flying so fast,that when I heard it and ran outside I could barely see it.

Former Ranger...Task Force 160 out of Ft Campbell, KY works with USSOCOM i.e. Ranger's, Green Barrett's, and Delta Boys (who do not exist, wink). Also known as "Little Birds". Watch "BlackHawk Down" and You will get an idea of what they do. They saved many person in Somalia.

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
They might not be "guns" at all.

More likely test probes.

Or they could be experimental midair refueling probes.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Possibly > AH 6

or

MQ-8

or

MD 500 Varient

Wee Mad

edit on 9/9/2011 by weemadmental because: because i can

edit on 9/9/2011 by weemadmental because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by weemadmental

Thanks for those links.
Maybe they did have probes on it,I don't know.
Just like a said,I have lived here many years,seen many helicopters,I have been to alot of airshows.
But this one was strange and new to me.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I swear that ICE (Immigration Customs Enforcement) has one that comes by every now and then in support of whatever operations they do in the trailer at the local civil aviation airport near where I live. (From what I understand, most U.S. airports that support international flights have an ICE office.) I think they use it to look for cash crops or something of the such. The one I've seen has no visible guns on it that I'm aware of. And even if it's for some enforcement activity, I still don't get why it has to go completely unmarked. Even unmarked squad cars still have a license plate, and that's what a fuselage or tail number is to aircraft. So it's not the aircraft of even the color that I find strange, it's the lack of identifying markings. (Most military aircraft still have ID markings too, even though they may be low-contrast flat-on-flat colors.)

If I ever manage to see it in route towards the airport at a time when I'm not working, I'll see if I can get a pic of it. I still consider it a curiousity, as it only shows up once every two months or so.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join