It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taco Bell and KFC want your food stamps

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by irsuccubus

Ok, ok, you win..I am not worthy...**Three Bows 2 u** lol
But in all fairness sometimes in life, you just "can't" and sometimes you just need a little help. It took me a while until I actually realized this and gave into the help..Thanks for the tips on growing, not sure where in my home i could do all of that but its something to think about.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

perhaps you will be canonized as partron saint of access cards. The point of the thread was to show that big corporations now want a slice of the pie because as the economy declines, more people are getting on foodstamps. Companies dont want their profits to dip so they are lobbying to get clearance to accept foodstamps. Here's a question? Why now? Foodstamps have been a reality for many years for many people and yet it is NOW that these restaurants want a piece of the action. If it was about doing people a favor why not years ago? this country has gone through recessions before. There are groups in this land who have always either been at or near poverty levels. The whole thing about health and supermarket purchases came up later so why dont you address the OP. Why worry about what I think personally and instead address the original issue?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Cheering......clap, clap, clap

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by lyons666

Again...How does KFC doubling their profits by opening the door to a whole new market help you unless you are a stockholder.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I think for the first time ever I feel sympathy for some of you conservative types, especially with what you come up against in these threads....and I am anything BUT conservative most of the time. And who says ATS can't bring people together

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I dont trust the government, never have. Maybe they to make the poor sick, and the corporations want to get more rich, i dont know. They have a lot of secrets, who knows "why now?" You are correct, food stamps have been around a long time.

What is your opinion on "why now?"

edit on 7-9-2011 by lyons666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

perhaps you will be canonized as partron saint of access cards.

Maybe I'll just be considered someone who stuck up for the average parent..who doesn't grind their own sirloin, and who occasionally indulges their kids to a happy meal...or someone who stuck up for the person who walked all day in the heat, looking for a job, and instead of having to pay four dollars for the sandwich pre made at the grocery store..they wish they could use their stamps for a taco bell taco.

The point of the thread was to show that big corporations now want a slice of the pie because as the economy declines, more people are getting on foodstamps. Companies dont want their profits to dip so they are lobbying to get clearance to accept foodstamps. Here's a question? Why now?

Excuse me? these big corporations also own most of the grocery stores , and is not 7 11 a big corporation?...If they can take your money..why can't taco bell?

You ask ..why now?

Maybe it has something to do with the amount of people who are living in cheap motels..or in their friends garage...who don't have easy access to cooking ...who have lobbied for this change.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Some of you people ......lol. for real. You sound absolutely ignorant. Look as long as you are doing what YOU THINK IS BEST FOR YOUR FAMILY, FEEDING THEM WHAT YOU THINK YOU SHOULD lol, but kiddos you may THINK (AS LONG AS SOMEONE TELLS YOU ) YOU are feeding YOUR family the "healthiest" food you can. I find it laughable because you probably have NO idea what is in your food or how that food was handled unless you own a farm and you handle everything you put in your family ,which I bet you don't. I bet my left ARM most of this "I am so great, I walk 12 miles one way in the snow to 29 diffrent stores to buy my kids perfect food " is all bullish.

People get on here and type out friggin books about how perfect they are and you ,the ones who do that ,make me laugh. Stay the hell out of other peoples business, they don't want to hear your crap ,don't want your suggestions and maybe ,just maybe , you will be flapping your big mouths to someone who might not like it and maybe you will be injured or killed for being in someone else's business. There are some really crazy people out there.

I don't understand you people who think YOU know what other people need to do with their lives. If you have all the answers for EVERYONE then why are you wasting your time on the internet running your mouth and not out in the world trying to help all the people who might not survive but not for your amazing advice. Lol

Seriously , the decisions on how people that recieve foodstamps spend them ARE NOT UP TO YOU. You have all those big wig politicians making those decisions for you. Lol. Don't like it......write your congressman.

BTW.....who knows why they are considering letting people buy Taco Bell or KFC , with the way our government is it could be from ,to provide an option for people with no way to cook, to its s gonna happen because some politician owes someone a little scratchypoo. Ya know what I mean????

I don't give a crap if I have typos and words spelled wrong.
edit on 7/9/2011 by SHABBYCAT because: forgot to include my on topic stuff.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by irsuccubus
I think for the first time ever I feel sympathy for some of you conservative types, especially with what you come up against in these threads....and I am anything BUT conservative most of the time. And who says ATS can't bring people together

Trust me irsuccubus.. .. we have sympathy as well , especially for people who argue that others are buying crap from processing plants that they have no idea what shape are in ..or what shape the cow is in..yet you readily admit to buying sirloin and eggs.. (which you have no idea in what health the cows or chickens are in)

Being conservative.. is just that..being conservative..being a hypocrite is an another story altogether.

Now go sell some soap and make your kids proud

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SHABBYCAT

Damn..that was a good post..

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by lyons666

Because now its easier than ever to get away with murder. You need to be able to do two things...produce a profit and be able to appeal to the emotional needs of enough of the people that even if the rest think you are the devil....there will always be room for debate. And as long as their is debate the issue will never be directly addressed. If you can do that...you can do anything, no matter how bad. Look at a company like Monsanto. They are still around because there are still people who swear by things like Round up. "Yeah...we're poisoning the planet but look at your lawn dude! Isnt it awesome. Look at this corn...isnt it pretty? Look how much we can grow now that we have gotten rid of those pesky bugs and diseases! I dunno why your baby has three arms since your pregnant wife was sunbathing on the lawn." We know they pull in money hand over fist, so there is plenty of money left for kickbacks, lobbying and the inevitable law suits.

Now change that name to any of these food giants.....change that smooth talk to "Hey lady...come on in here and get your kid this meal with the toy in it...I bet he'll shut up then." or "I know its rough out there. this economy is tough. Come here and get a cheap meal" Nevermind the extreme irony. Companies that look to appeal to those who's pockets are light but who see their own pockets overflowing. That they will do ANYTHING to get your money including racist advertising that panders to stereotypes, marketing directly to children, trot out shamelss celebrities and athletes...and you know they dont eat that crap..and any other tactics that the guerrilla marketers can come up with. And lets not forget those vids of footballs aka chickens being punted and tossed around grubby slaughterhouses.

Do I think I am better than someone who eats there...hell no! I am from the land of steakshops and soft pretzels. I dont care what you ultimately choose to cram down your throat...but you need to own up to a few things. You need to be informed about just what it is you are doing, whatever it is so at the end of the day you are able to take true responsibility for your actions. Its easy to not give a damn when you dont read the ingredients...when you dont know what they do. But its also cowardly. Have the balls to know what you are putting in your body and then make an informed decision based on THAT. Its amazing because doing that will close some doors but it will also open a few. There are some things in this world we have been taught are bad and the opposite is true...but I digress.
edit on 7-9-2011 by irsuccubus because: (no reason given)

and yes...I do things that are "bad" for me. And I know they are bad. I dont pretend otherwise.

I will take a calculated risk over an uninformed one any day.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

you are still basing your stance on being snarky. there is no need for you to pour so much emotion into it by coming at me personally. What is that accomplishing? I understand you feel some type of way and that fine but its really not that deep.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I enjoy cooking and located an authentic recipe of KFC original recipe on the net.

Apparently this individual grew up with Harland Sander's daughter in KY and had received the original recipe via hints over the years.

ANYWHO.....it calls for the 11 herbs and spices but also a ton of SALT and MSG !!!

I was appalled !!

I did the recipe with what is called "Flake Salt" which contains MSG and using cake flour it's dead on, just like KFC.

But when I tried it minus the SALT and MSG and it wasn't quite the same but still very good.

But it really indicated to me just how much salt is in this food...can you say recipe for Hypertension ?!

AND

Taco Bell uses that fake Cheese that has the same ingredient as Silicon Caulk in it...., and not to mention that the corn used in the Tortillas is of the genetically modified MONSANTO variety.

I say to food stamp recipients.

Get off your couch and go buy and cook some real food....your body will appreciate it and we won't have to pay for your emergency room visits everytime you have a stroke or a coronary attack as a result of years of Overdosing on MSG !

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I second that..

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Back atcha. I have to admit I've seen a few of your posts on this thang that made me go " WOOHOO HELL YA!!!!" LOL. I am just glad I'm not the only person with some intellect posting on this OP.

Taco Bell and KFC ,maybe we need to trace all this, who owns the company that runs those dumps? Then when we get that we need to see who that person is in bed with and hopefully that will lead us closer to the reason why the gubment would be allowing these darn foodstamp losers to eat that awful food. Lol. Sense the sarcasm..........

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by irsuccubus

you are still basing your stance on being snarky. there is no need for you to pour so much emotion into it by coming at me personally. What is that accomplishing? I understand you feel some type of way and that fine but its really not that deep.

May I ask you what you think you are accomplishing by being snarky and calling people who buy processed luncheon meats and frozen pizzas for their families fools..and bad parents..?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
For the record .....up untill a few years ago I was paying over 25% of my pay on taxes and I wasn't getting it back at the end of the year either. Now I am in a lower tax bracket because of the economy. So if I add up all that cash for 15 years that things were doing really really well ,well I won't bore you with the math but its A LOT so saying that , I am giving people on foodstamps permission to buy what they see fit for their own families. That has got to cover A LOT of people , for a little bit and I'm gonna guess atleast the people who have foodstamps who read this thang. So foodstamp recipients .....don't listen to people who are trying to tell you what to do ,I say you can do what you want. Id venture a guess I had more in taxes taken from me than most of these people on here gripping about it. Go getcha some KFC AND TACO HELL and enjoy it ( if that's what you want to do)

NOONE really believes that the only reason people get cancer and get sick is because they eat bad food on assistance? I feel sorry for you if you believe that. Lol

There are people who try so hard to do everything right ,they exercise everyday ,eat organic ,don't smoke or drink or take drugs and BAM! DROP DEAD FROM A HEART ATTACK OR STROKE.
then you've got the person who does everything wrong ,drugs, Taco bell , never get off their butts and they never get ill and seem to live forever. Besides I'm pretty sure those people who eat bad and don't take care of themselves probably don't go to the hospital or doctor very much.

I think one thing I've learned from ATS is we are being lied to all the time ,especially from the talking box you get all your info from. I don't watch the talking box, but most probably do. Anyway ,who knows what it is out there that is REALLY causing all the cancer and heart diseases. You don't know for sure and neither do I. For real, you can't trust organic and you sure can't trust the providers to tell you the truth about what's in your food.

Joke may be on you, maybe they don't mess with Taco Bell and KFC ,maybe its all the so called "healthy" food they are selling you.
edit on 7/9/2011 by SHABBYCAT because: i just keep thinking ..........lol

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I didnt call anyone a bad parent. If you equate feeding your kids certain foods with being a bad parent that your issue. I said I care about my kids health and as such make certain choices. Hell, in the thread where the fat kids were taken away from their parents I have posted defending the family and their plight. this isnt about your damn skills as a parent. Thats the problem. People LINE UP to be personally offended by things. To what ends? It will not address the issue and it takes away time by bringing the spotlight to you. Its not about you and how you might feel about what it is presented if the real issue is ignored. To me...and this is just me...being good means being effective. Being effective is making the best choices you are able based on informed decisions. That can be transferred from emotional matters to outright physical matters. If you are not making the best choices then you just arent. Are you a bad person? No...so stop letting your ego blind you to facts. Good people make poor choices all the time...its a part of life. Some have limited choices and choose based on that, some do it because they just feel like it, some are ill informed. It is what it is. It also distracts from the bigger picture. Your situation is yours and you are living it out as best you can. Do what you have to. I am doing the same and included within that is bringing information I feel is relevant to the table and discussing it. Sure the situation may effect you and those you love....but its bigger than just you...or just me...and its about more than how you might feel.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
While Im completely against this I gotta say some of the crap people are saying on here pisses me off. When people say those on welfare don't do jack for their money and crap like that it irks me. Unfortunately I've had to go on welfare not because I don't want to work, but because I can't. For some of us whom become disabled we have to go on welfare while we go through the long process of fighting for our ssdi. I've had to go on welfare because in 3 years my disability case has gone no where even though I have 4 different doctors advocating for me. While some may abuse the welfare system there are many of us who don't even though we payed into the system for years.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I have mixed feelings on this, and this is from someone who worked in the field. My first response is, "No!" "How wrong is that?" Then I think, "Well, it is food, right?" But then I think, "But going out to eat is a treat, a special occasion." At least for my family, and now fast food is "punishment" according to my kids. They like "real" food, so I'm going on the side of let's keep food support/stamps in the grocery stores.
edit on 7-9-2011 by queenofsheba because: spelling

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join