It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taco Bell and KFC want your food stamps

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
WTH!!

I am sorry but welfare recipients get it ALL!! WTF...

They don't have to do crap for it and live a better life than most with jobs!

Food Stamps back when my mom had them were for basic foods not extras like shrimp and now take out for God's sake. This pisses me off!

I can't afford KFC so why should they!!

Also fast food is prepared so I guess that means in the future they can get their subs at the store...Yea I had a lady CURSE me out left and right cause she coudlnt get her hot sub on her card...

Sorry but where I live food stamp recipients PISS ME OFF and more than half dont belong on them..

Nice just one more "bonus" as a welfare recipient....

I know this food is not good for you but it's FF it is NOT needed to survive. I say they make food stamps how they were in the 80s...ONLY NECESSITIES!

It annoys me to NO END that they can eat such lovely steak meals and fish.....Must be nice..

Ok rant over.....

I don't get food stamps myself, but if it pisses you off so much, why haven't you gone out and applied for them?

You make yourself look dumb for not adapting early, and taking advantage of what is being put out there for people who want it.

Is it pride? Is your pride going to fill your belly? Apparently not.

Adapt or die. Darwin couldn't have been more right. You go on and starve yourself, while the poor eat better than you. Don't have kids either. You would be damaging the gene pool with your inability to do what is necessary to save yourself.
edit on 7-9-2011 by yourignoranceisbliss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
How is this a good thing? Now theres just another thing people will use food stamps/ the government for, people buying fat foods instead of buying groceries, bare essentials.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I'm poor and this news sounds ridiculous.

This "give your stamps to fast food chains" idea is beyond stupid.

There is indeed an ulterior motive.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by scapers2u
How is this a good thing? Now theres just another thing people will use food stamps/ the government for, people buying fat foods instead of buying groceries, bare essentials.

Define "bare essentials" please?

Food is food. Does it really bother you that they are buying food that is warm and pre-prepared, as opposed to eating rice and top ramen soups, that they might not even have a home to prepare them in?

I think this argument is entirely stemmed from people who are living a hard-working yet secure life, that can't accept to see people who live beneath them eating a hot meal.

Think about it. Say this poor guy has his foodstamps. He buys a chicken. Can't fry it, doesn't have oil and a pan. Can't boil it, doesn't have a pot. This guy may even be homeless.

Who is really upset that this guy can now possibly buy a pre-prepared warm meal? He wasn't capable of making his own food even prior to this change.

So it comes down to this. Are you people really mad because he can buy a hot meal? Really? Are you going to volunteer to cook him his chicken or beef, if he can't just go to a KFC and get fried chicken, or Taco Bell and get a beef burrito?

No. None of you are willing to do that. So you're really just angry that he is buying a warm meal.

You want to deprive the underprivileged of hot meals. Bravo. You should all be proud of yourselves.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
notice how things degenerated once people began to have emotional response to the validity of receiving foodstamps when their entitlement to them was never even the point of the OP. The point was to show that people are being taken advantage of and didnt even realize it and pushing this kind of thing forward will only hurt in the end. But people would rather step up to the mike and cry about how bad things are. Thing are tough all over. Lets embrace that, get down off the crosses, use the wood too build a bridge and get over it. And that means getting out of that mindset where you embrace defeat. I dont care if your situation sucks...how you view and deal with that is completely open to your control, even if nothing else is. How are we ever going to "ascend" if we dont even WANT to contemplate anything better. And to see the good things you have to weed out crap. And this is crap.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by yourignoranceisbliss

He could eat a salad and cooked yet refrigerated chicken that is prepackaged. Its the same as the healthiest options at many fast food restaurants without having to actually go there and buy it. You can also choose to buy a healthier dressing option and skip things like breading. like I said, rather than pushing fast food on people help them make better choices through informing them. But people seem to take that quite personally.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by irsuccubus

i would think it would be nice if a mommy could take her kiddies to McDee or KFC sometimes.

it would give them a social life.

and once or twice a month, working people can go too.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by irsuccubus

He could eat a salad and cooked yet refrigerated chicken that is prepackaged. Its the same as the healthiest options at many fast food restaurants without having to actually go there and buy it. You can also choose to buy a healthier dressing option and skip things like breading. like I said, rather than pushing fast food on people help them make better choices through informing them. But people seem to take that quite personally.

You're suggesting that someone (you perhaps?) should dictate what people should eat, or what their food stamps should be spent upon? Ridiculous. Have you never given spare change to a homeless person? Did you stand there and question them what they were going to do with it? Did you preach to him that he should not buy beer or cigarettes?

I think it's enough that these benefits would be going to the hungry. Past that, it's disturbing that anyone would contemplate dictating how these benefits should be micro-managed. You aren't responsible for the diet of these people. You either help them or you don't. There are no personal feelings involved. Besides, the infrastructure simply is not set up to even remotely supply the kind of "specific foods only" system that you suggest.

I mean really. You can complain it's about this, or it's about that, but ultimately it's about some people unhappy that the poor are being fed hot meals. Horrifyingly worse to these people, is that now they might be eating warm fast-food.

Is there no end to the illogical depravity some people want to enact on an already hungry and poor lower class?

Common sense will not prevail upon people who are driven by their envy or anger or what have you in this case. And it's the privileged that are not the victims here, that's the saddest part.
edit on 7-9-2011 by yourignoranceisbliss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I'm sorry but I must get personal with you real quick......you don't happen to live in a glass house ,do you?

Read thru your last post and just notice how silly it looks that you did the exact thing you were gripping about. Lol

Come on , are you just trying to make this entire thread about you????

I am here making my posts to put my thoughts and opinions out here.

The fact that Taco Bell is possibly going to be available to foodstamp recipients is NOT what some people are making it out to be. If you want to know WHY ,I am pretty sure I gave my advice on how to get to the bottom of that a few posts back. It's the condesending attitude that puts people off.

I think that no matter what the topic ,human beings will almost always take things personal. It's just how we are. If I spend my time to type something on here then it is personal to me. It's MY OPINION and I want people to read it and maybe take something good away from it.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

No one is pushing fast food on anyone..instead they are seeing the stupidity of being able to buy a cold wrapped up hamburger at 7 11 then going to nuke it, but not being able to buy a taco at taco bell.

You seem to advocate strongly for healthy choices irsuccubus ..hopefully you live that all across the board..but apparently you don't considering you have already admitted to doing things that are "bad" for you.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SHABBYCAT

you are absolutely right. kill them all. Me and my deatheater friends want all this for ourselves.

I see you are twisting my words when I was answering a dilemma. The dilemma was he had nowhere to cook the food. I simply offered a solution that would not require him to feed a monster that now wants to use abstract money to grow even larger. you do realize this right? that this isnt real money and yet they are going to treat it like it is. Or are you still stuck on being offended? On being offended for others. Much of the case for this hinges on them offering something that is available where there is a need. Not that it is healthy, not that it will help improve the situation of the area...but that they can cram it down your throat. I like how because I am looking at something other than the emotional aspect of this that I am somehow a lifehating cretin. That is a piss poor argument.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

So by your logic no one should present anything for others to ingest unless they are following it to the letter, is this correct?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I agree OP that people on assistance should buy local. Support your local farmers, we have been supporting their a$$ long enough with money taken from our paychecks. Show some backbone, and give back to the community that has carried you on their shoulders.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

according to my kids. They like "real" food, so I'm going on the side of let's keep food support/stamps in the grocery stores.

If it actually was about keeping it in the grocery stores..that would be fine. But you can buy a cold sandwich at the deli in the grocery store with a food stamps..but you can't buy the hot stuff? There are some who do not have access to kitchens.. or don't have time..because they have to catch a bus for a two hour bus trip to get to their minimum paying job.
Ok..so if they should decide to allow you to buy hot food at safeway for 5 dollars..why shouldn't they allow a 2 dollar meal at taco bell?

It just seems like the rules to food stamps are already a bit screwy and quite unfair.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sith9157
I agree OP that people on assistance should buy local. Support your local farmers, we have been supporting their a$$ long enough with money taken from our paychecks. Show some backbone, and give back to the community that has carried you on their shoulders.

That is a very nice idea..but in all reality the local food markets around here that sell fresh produce....sell it at very high cost. Much higher than the grocery stores.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

reply to post by SHABBYCAT

you are absolutely right. kill them all. Me and my deatheater friends want all this for ourselves.

I see you are twisting my words when I was answering a dilemma. The dilemma was he had nowhere to cook the food. I simply offered a solution that would not require him to feed a monster that now wants to use abstract money to grow even larger. you do realize this right? that this isnt real money and yet they are going to treat it like it is. Or are you still stuck on being offended? On being offended for others. Much of the case for this hinges on them offering something that is available where there is a need. Not that it is healthy, not that it will help improve the situation of the area...but that they can cram it down your throat. I like how because I am looking at something other than the emotional aspect of this that I am somehow a lifehating cretin. That is a piss poor argument.

I'm not blaming you for the argument. You aren't a cretin or poor-person hating monster.

But it's illogical and selfish for any person to try and dictate how a person is fed, rather than emphasize that they need to be fed.

Like I said, food is food. Why does anyone care who supplies it? So it goes to a fast-food corporation? So what? Was that money going back to the government? No. Was it going into your pocket specifically? No. It's going to a company, just like the grocery stores that it might have gone to previously.

It matters not at all where the food stamps go. If KFC suddenly has a huge boost in sales, guess what? That chicken being sold is bought from suppliers who sell to KFC. They benefit from the change, too.

This goes for every last morsel of food that goes into the hungry mouth of every poor person benefiting from the program. Everyone benefits from it. Every food company and supplier benefits from it.

Wait, I guess you must not benefit from it, right? I mean, why the argument against it, right?

Should the middle class or non-stamp poor people benefit from simple food being given to the hungry?

That sounds very selfish to me. If this argument is not about the non-foodstamp people not benefiting from the program, and thus feeling like they are being deprived of something (when in fact they are not, they are free to apply for foodstamps like anyone else is) then what is this argument about really?

It comes down to selfishness, plain and simple.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Hahaha. Ummmmm ok. Whatever you say there *ubus. You are really funny. I gotta admit your ability to talk in circles is leaving me in awe.

Just do me a favor and refer back to my post where I gave foodstamp recipients the ok to buy what they see fit for themselves. I am gonna take responsibility for all MY taxes that go to feed those who need foodstamps. It is also obvious that even tho I've read all your posts you have not read anything I have posted except when it was directed at you. My argument is nothing near what you insinuated. I am too exhausted to go thru it all again.

Besides I am gonna go to Taco Bell right now, I'd give anything to be able to say I'm gonna pay with a foodstamp card just to make you mad but I'm paying cash. I am pretty darn healthy too.

Have a good thread, I always LOVE the foodstamp posts and even tho we may not agree I think you wrote a good OP because I got to come participate.
so THANK YOU

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Anti-hunger advocates support the move—Coalition for the Homeless said that for people who don't live near a grocery store and can't afford a restaurant, "This would allow people to get a reduced price meal at a small deli or a restaurant, and that does include fast-food restaurants."

You can get about a week's worth of canned dinners at Aldi's for the price of a Long John Silvers meal. A free shuttle bus ride/transportation voucher to and from the grocery store once a week makes more sense than this - and would probably cost less.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I am on food stamps and I am not for this. I see so many people abusing this if this goes through. That and I thought you couldn't buy cooked items with fs? If that changes then other places will have to as well... etc.

I use my $19 to buy food for my family of 3. Doesn't get us through the month, but it is a way to get fresh veggies, meat and eggs. Food pantries, free meals from churches, and my sig others parents help a lot, and I am grateful for everything.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
So wait ...Can they then go to like say for example ..Ruth Chris Steakhouse and put a 200 dollar steak and lobster dinner on there card ??

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join