It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taco Bell and KFC want your food stamps

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
this sounds crazy unless you consider empty pizza hut dining rooms during lunch buffets.

construction workers=poor people who don't cook... same diff and they sure aint throwing up houses these days.

makes more sense than paying somebody to stand on the corner with an ad sign. it's just dough and sauce.
anything to get people out of the damn walmart line on foodstamp day. think positive for heavens sake.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Getting fast food is cheaper than buying food at the store. I don't see whats the problem?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
wow KFC will become the king of fast food with this move. Fried chicken on foodstamps holy cow. taco bell not so much but it iwll be up there

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by irsuccubus

Makes sense. With the recent trend of all these fast food companies to embrace this new "healthy foods choice" menu type thing. They even cut you off @ the middle of the night?! Bitch, gimme a Large strawberry [SNIP] milkshake, a double cheeseburger, and Some extra ketchup, puhlease, TY. Damn. [SNIP]?

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on 8-9-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Poor people are often considered good test subjects by corporations. You are correct in suspecting it.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Feed the lower class the crap, while the privileged get the nice organic eats.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Considering you can get more food for your money at a fast food joint. Than you can buying healthy food at a grocery store. It makes sense.

It costs more money to eat healthy than it does to eat like crap. Why do you think we have so many fat people in the U.S. Cause being fat is cheaper. Well at least when it comes to buying food.

Healthy food is for the rich don't ya know. Palaties, Yoga, Meditation, Healthy food. You know the people I'm talkin about.

It's like your health is a status symbol for how much money you have.

Just my thoughts. Rooooaaar!!!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Come to the UK, when you are on benifits they give you money, nothing to stop people spending it on drugs. But its just a few selfish people that give benifits a bad name for people that really need it.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Not gonna happen, I was on food stamps for a few months when I got laid off a while back and the only thing you can use your food stamps on are cold foods. If it's cooked you can not purchase cooked food with food stamps. You also can't buy energy drinks because of health factors, god forbid you can buy twinkies but not a 5 hour energy drink field with 8000% VB12...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
Getting fast food is cheaper than buying food at the store. I don't see whats the problem?

You are completely ignorant.

A 10 pound bag of potatoes for $1.99
A 3 pound bag of tortilla chips for $1.99
A full loaf of bread for 99 cents
Not to mention all the countless cheap foods such as rice, beans, corn, etc.

I feel sorry for anybody who thinks that fast food is cheaper than food from the supermarket.
edit on 9/8/2011 by SonicInfinity because: Plural fix

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

So... you want people to live off of potatoes and tortilla chips? And no, it is cheaper. I can eat 3 full meals a day for ten bucks with decent variety and its cooked already. Versus, you know, having to buy all of the ingredients myself which cost upwards 15 bucks for a satisfying meal. At least in my state that is. Also, potatoes cost way more than 1.99. I bought a bag yesterday and it cost four bucks. Trust me, i save money by eating at McDonald or Burger King. Not to mention time. And my gas bill is lower. Dishes stay clean. And a whole host of other things that make it easier(and cheaper) for me to survive. So, you are wrong. I am proof.

edit on 8-9-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
nice i love kfc!

hahah honestly though i'm glad to see a few feathers ruffled. little things like this may eventually lead to a shift in consciousness, and a reform of our society and governments.

at least i hope so..

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Reply to post by TsukiLunar

Think about what you just said a bag of potatos about the same price as a big mac.....how long does a big mac last? How long would an entire bag of pataoes last?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I've lived in areas that did not have a grocery store or a convenience store close, but there also was no KFC next door either, if that is close, then so are other options, since kfc/taco bell are usually in towns with things like this around. I'm not on food stamps either, but I do know that Schwanns accepts food stamps...yes, the overpriced home delivery stuff..and they have alot of food stamp folks buying from them, paying 2-3 times more than what stuff would cost from a store. I also have seen convenience stores that sell pizza accepting food stamps, so it is already being abused so I'm not surprised KFC taco bell want to get in on the money, McDonalds will be next.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity

You are completely ignorant.

A 10 pound bag of potatoes for $1.99
A 3 pound bag of tortilla chips for $1.99
A full loaf of bread for 99 cents
Not to mention all the countless cheap foods such as rice, beans, corn, etc.

I feel sorry for anybody who thinks that fast food is cheaper than food from the supermarket.
edit on 9/8/2011 by SonicInfinity because: Plural fix

I dont know where you shop, but 5 lb potatoes I bought yesterday at walmart cost me $4.oo, 3 lbs toritlla chips? Well the bag I got was $3 and the bread almost $2. I don't eat out, but groceries are getting out of control. The big bag of generic cheese I used to buy for $7.00 is now $9.42, I didn't buy it.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

reply to post by SonicInfinity

So... you want people to live off of potatoes and tortilla chips? And no, it is cheaper. I can eat 3 full meals a day for ten bucks with decent variety and its cooked already. Versus, you know, having to buy all of the ingredients myself which cost upwards 15 bucks for a satisfying meal. At least in my state that is. Also, potatoes cost way more than 1.99. I bought a bag yesterday and it cost four bucks. Trust me, i save money by eating at McDonald or Burger King. Not to mention time. And my gas bill is lower. Dishes stay clean. And a whole host of other things that make it easier(and cheaper) for me to survive. So, you are wrong. I am proof.

This is probably true, when I was single, I could eat cheaper at fast food places than to buy groceries and eat at home. But I would have to guess that most food stamp recipients are families and not single person households. At that point buying groceries would be cheaper as you can fix a meal for 4 for less than the 20 to go to fast food and eat, especially 3 times a day.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

SONICINFINITY: THIS POST IS ADDRESSED TO YOU

Let me say it again. Do you expect those on food stamps to live off potatoes? If you want to make a meal for a family, it is expensive.

Really think about how much it cost to make tacos. Meat cost like 8$ a lb. Shells a few(probably 3$) more bucks. Tomatoes. Cheese. lettuce(which is 3.50$ a head! And it goes bad fairly quickly.). Seasoning and beans as well. And other crap people put on tacos. Probably up there in the twenty something dollars by now. My local Taco Bell has full sized tacos for 89 cents!

Ten to twelve dollars is more than enough for taco night.

Also, you take a good look at what you are saying. You want them to only buy potatoes, wth?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

SONICINFINITY: THIS POST IS ADDRESSED TO YOU

Let me say it again. Do you expect those on food stamps to live off potatoes? If you want to make a meal for a family, it is expensive.

Really think about how much it cost to make tacos. Meat cost like 8$ a lb. Shells a few(probably 3$) more bucks. Tomatoes. Cheese. lettuce(which is 3.50$ a head! And it goes bad fairly quickly.). Seasoning and beans as well. And other crap people put on tacos. Probably up there in the twenty something dollars by now. My local Taco Bell has full sized tacos for 89 cents!

Ten to twelve dollars is more than enough for taco night.

Also, you take a good look at what you are saying. You want them to only buy potatoes, wth?

all the things you must buy for a meal raises a great point especially for people living alone... and the point is about waste.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

lettuce(which is 3.50$ a head! And it goes bad fairly quickly.).

Perhaps my perspective is not letting me see how horribly overpriced your grocery store is where you live. These are some more items I get at my store:

3 heads of lettuce for 99 cents
1 20oz bag of french fries (shoestring or regular) for 69 cents
1 12oz pack (8 hot dogs) of generic hot dogs for 79 cents
1 16oz pack (10 hot dogs) of BarS hot dogs for 99 cents
3-5 mini-loafs of bread for 99 cents (depends on the day)
8 lbs. of watermelon for 99 cents
4 lbs. of cantaloupe for 99 cents
6 stalks of white corn for 99 cents
1 5lb bag of white rice for $2.19
1 5lb bag of pinto beans for $2.59

If you're paying $3.50 for a single head of lettuce, maybe it is cheaper for you to get fast food, but where I live, it's far better to go grocery shopping.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity

lettuce(which is 3.50$ a head! And it goes bad fairly quickly.).

Perhaps my perspective is not letting me see how horribly overpriced your grocery store is where you live. These are some more items I get at my store:

3 heads of lettuce for 99 cents
1 20oz bag of french fries (shoestring or regular) for 69 cents
1 12oz pack (8 hot dogs) of generic hot dogs for 79 cents
1 16oz pack (10 hot dogs) of BarS hot dogs for 99 cents
3-5 mini-loafs of bread for 99 cents (depends on the day)
8 lbs. of watermelon for 99 cents
4 lbs. of cantaloupe for 99 cents
6 stalks of white corn for 99 cents
1 5lb bag of white rice for $2.19
1 5lb bag of pinto beans for $2.59

If you're paying $3.50 for a single head of lettuce, maybe it is cheaper for you to get fast food, but where I live, it's far better to go grocery shopping.

I never have i seen a watermelon for 99 cents. or a bag of fries. Or a cantaloupe. or six stalks of white corn. All of these cost way more than 99 cents. The bread especially is off. 99 cents for 5 mini-loafs? A regular loaf cost almost 2 bucks!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join