It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Does Abortion Have To Do With Pro-Choice?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
Scientific knowledge provides reason enough why abortion because you "fell like it" is murder plain and simple.

What does "scientific knowledge have to say about overpopulation? Sustainability and availability of resources? How about the negative impact on society as a whole by forcing unwanted babies into the world. How many of them turn out to contribute vs. continue to be a drain on society.

Does your scientific knowledge really tell you that every baby that could be born should be and we can handle that infinitely?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
I don't understand how some people can say that being pro-abortion means you are pro-choice and if you are against abortion you are not pro-choice.

Any attempt at an honest conversation ended with this "pro-abortion" nonsense. I have never seen a pro-abortionist in my life. Where can I get a flyer? Go to a meeting? Where do they protest?

Ummm.........planned parenthood?
second

YouSir

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

So the next time your wife is pregnant and someone decides to punch her in the spine and stomach for a few hours, you will be relieved knowing she was not violated.

First of all, I'm a heterosexual female, so I will never have a 'wife'. Second of all, my comment was in regards to how the actual pregnancy itself can even be construed as being any sort of 'violation'. Of course, if a pregnant woman is assaulted, the attacker can be charged with murder if the fetus is killed.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Now that we are on the subject let me ask YOU....when does it become the childs right to live and not a choice for the mother? How old??

The child appears to not have a right either way. It does not have free will in being created or who it is created by (parents)..so from the get go it is not really given the "right" to any "GOOD" life. You sound like the "right" to live in this twisted world , sometimes made worse by the dysfunction of those who "made" the child , is some kind of precious gift..that all children in the womb are fighting for.

My guess is there are millions of children..living under circumstances right now..that wish they had not been brought into this world...and did not have to live with the sorrow and pain they see on a daily basis.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

eh. You control what happens to your body when you have sex. If you choose to have sex and you end up getting pregnant, that's your responsibility.

that's your responsibility.

Exactly, not yours, or anyone else's

You gonna pay for that baby?

edit on 6-9-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

So based on your perception of life, you think that you (or mothers to be) should just go ahead and decide that the baby should die? What if you are wrong? I was a young teenager when my son was born and guess what? He's happy, healthy, very well educated and very much loves life. I'm all for being a realist (see signature) but it's damn arrogant, selfish, and in-humane to make a choice like that based on YOUR own perception of life.
edit on 6-9-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouSir

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
I don't understand how some people can say that being pro-abortion means you are pro-choice and if you are against abortion you are not pro-choice.

Any attempt at an honest conversation ended with this "pro-abortion" nonsense. I have never seen a pro-abortionist in my life. Where can I get a flyer? Go to a meeting? Where do they protest?

Ummm.........planned parenthood?
second

YouSir

Ummmm NO.
Show me anything that states PP is pro-abortion. Do they advertise specials? Do they go out and ask pregnant women to come in and get an abortion.
Do you even know what PP does?
Abortion services is less than 5% of what they do.
So basically you are saying that because my hospital treats cancer patients, it is a pro-chemo hospital. No, it is just a hospital.
Try again.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Do you have any idea how blatantly insane all of that tripe sounds? Whether or not a person is worthy of human rights should not be left up to subjective perception. That's how slavery and the holocaust occured.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualzombie
Oh no its murder.... So is war.. so is collateral damage.... So is euthanasia.... Sometimes the people in charge of making these tough decisions can look out across the horizon and say to themselves its for the greater good that we do this....

Right wing pro lifers have never had a problem with the decisions made to kill of people... Including death of the innocent. It seems its only when it involves womens rights that they suddenly become so passionate about the sanctity of human life. I need to call bullsh*t.

They would force them to keep a child then deny them welfare when they are unable to afford it.

To the pro lifers I say toughen up. Get over it.

Ummm........I gave you a star by mistake.............
MODS BY GODS HOW DO I REMOVE IT?

YouSir

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charmed707
First of all, I'm a heterosexual female, so I will never have a 'wife'. Second of all, my comment was in regards to how the actual pregnancy itself can even be construed as being any sort of 'violation'.

Ummm...you might want to read your post again. You said the violation of a pregnant woman. That would mean she was already impregnated. So what you wrote was that pregnant women can only be violated by getting pregnant?

Of course, if a pregnant woman is assaulted, the attacker can be charged with murder if the fetus is killed.

Cool.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

I've seen interviews with PP workers where they said they are told to encourage and basically 'sell' abortions. How could you think it would be any different?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I love it that certain people are so concerned about the well being of a nameless faceless embryo.

But when a person is living, with a name and hungry these PEOPLE are classified as parasites.

No wander America is $#@$#@$

SMALL GOVERNMENT

but give the government the power to force parenthood on people, totalitarian style

and

SAVE THE EMBRYOS!

but may the hungry CHILDREN go $#@% themselves and stop being leaches

You guys are whacked out of all measure of the concept

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
My guess is there are millions of children..living under circumstances right now..that wish they had not been brought into this world...and did not have to live with the sorrow and pain they see on a daily basis.

Yup!

Virginia girl found eating herself in cage in mobile home; parents Brian and Shannon Gore charged

A young girl was found caged and attempting to eat herself in a mobile home in Virginia and cops say her parents are responsible.

The malnourished girl, believed to be either 5 or 6, was discovered in a crib that was converted into a makeshift cage after police arrived at the home in Gloucester County to investigate a burglary last week.

The girl's parents, Brian and Shannon Gore, were arrested and charged with felony child abuse. The mother was also charged with attempted capital murder.

Thank goodness she was not aborted.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I've seen interviews with PP workers where they said they are told to encourage and basically 'sell' abortions. How could you think it would be any different?

I

Do

Not

Believe you.

See how easy that is.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

You do realize that prior to PP women would get metal inserted to abort unwanted pregnancies.

And I am sure

You do realize that women have been having abortions since the advent of written history.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

I don't know why politics always has to creep it's way in to everything. Why can't people just have a good discussion anymore?

Also, in all fairness when it comes to "entitlements" no-one is blaming the kids. It's the parents that need to stop expecting hand-outs. It's the parents that need to take responsibility and be accountable for their actions. Stop whining and DO something about it. If parents did just those 2 things from the start, there would be far, far less abortions and we prolly wouldn't even be having this discussion. Think about it.
edit on 6-9-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

You said the violation of a pregnant woman. That would mean she was already impregnated. So what you wrote was that pregnant women can only be violated by getting pregnant?

BH implied that a fetus is somehow violating their mother. I said a woman's body is not violated by the fetus itself in any case....but her rights to her body are in fact violated when raped and her egg was fertilized against her will.

Cool.

Ridiculous. Either abortion is murder or it's not. Don't be a hypocrite.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
reply to post by Janky Red

I don't know why politics always has to creep it's way in to everything. Why can't people just have a good discussion anymore?

Because what he wrote could not be more spot on. The exact same people that run around ATS and the field of politics railing against abortion because of the sanctity of life are the same people that have no problem with the death penalty, war, torture, and hate the very thought of society pitching in to help anyone that needs it.

If you were all so worried about the sanctity of those lives, you would be consistent. How many innocent people have gone to the chair without a peep from the pro-lifers? How many innocent people have been murdered in our wars without a peep from the pro-lifers.

Open up that front door and get a big sign stating that you want all unwanted babies to come live with you. Otherwise you are just talking and that is why politics gets involved. It is all just a lot of talk

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

You do realize that women have been having abortions since the advent of written history.

So? People have been murdering, raping, molesting children etc. since the dawn of mankind. What's your point?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I completely disagree. You didn't read the rest of what I wrote, just the first sentence? I see the political bias now.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join