It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Does Abortion Have To Do With Pro-Choice?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Obviously you do not think that a woman has to pay the consequences of her own decisions... You're pro choice... You think she has the right to choose whether or not to take responsibility for her actions.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Are you telling me that I shouldn't have the choice to risk my life??? Pregnancy is a huge risk with many possible complications. Just because someone PAYS me, doesn't mean I'm going to or should risk my life when I don't want to.

If you made the decision not to use the pill and you got pregant then yes. Your choice is given to you before you have sex not after when you have a human life inside of you.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
Perhaps we should spend more time educating and less time killing kids so that women can feel "entitled".

I totally agree that education is the answer. But your 'entitled' comment is ridiculous.

Originally posted by DaMod
Do you have the right to life? Did you always have the right to life?

Since I became a person, yes. The rest of your post is overblown hyperbole and doesn't deserve my time or a response.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

How is it your business when your neighbor get's murdered? Do you sit back and say "ah well it's the right of the murderer and we must respect his/her decision!"

Get off it.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

How is my "entitled" comment ridiculous?? Isn't that what it's all about? You have taken the stance that women should be entitled to abortion in all cases, have you not?
edit on 6-9-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Why not? It's a logical (albiet morbid) line of thinking...

How about this... If a mother kills her baby a day after it is born should that be considered murder?

2nd question.. Most of the time when a fetus is removed it is moving and has arms, legs and usually a sexual reproductive organ giving them gender... Would you suggest that the trash can full of underdeveloped, dying yet still moving future babies are not alive?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackmetalmist
There isn't a birth control that's 100% effective.

I am well aware of that.

However, proper use and using two forms should be more than enough.

Sure because that is how sex always happens. Never by force, right?

Anyone who is educated in Sex Health should know that pregnancy along with various STD's are possible with any type of sexual contact.

Should being the key word there. Look how many people in this thread alone think birth control is 100% effective. Sad really.

If your condom breaks or if you forgot to take the Pill, go get the morning after pill.

Instead of an abortion, take the morning after pill. Cool. Explain to me the difference with this whole sanctity of life thing. The morning after pill would do its job AFTER conception, just like abortion. It is an abortion pill basically.

Simple as that. If you are going to have unprotected sex, beware of the consequences that may bring. You're gambling with danger. I'd rather take preventative measures as oppose to a lifetime of regret and bad decisions.

The morning after pill is not preventative by any means and thank you for fully illustrating my point that just knowing how to protect against getting pregnant does not actually protect you from getting pregnant.

You cannot denounce abortion and then push the morning after pill and expect to maintain the same moral high ground with me.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I think Infanticide like Genocide is everyone's business..

Abortion isn't infanticide.
Infants are BORN.

Originally posted by e11888
Your choice is given to you before you have sex not after when you have a human life inside of you.

There is a choice to have sex or not and ANOTHER choice to reproduce or not. It's two choices.
This is a fact. Even when a woman is pregnant, she has a choice. I don't know how you can argue with this basic fact. Abortion is an option for women.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkrunner

...yes, dear, its life... so is the bacteria in your mouth...

...a fetus is a parasite, regardless of whether its a human fetus or a pig fetus... whether the fetus is viewed as a parasite that needs to be removed or a much wanted baby is the pregnant woman's choice... her choice is no one else's biz, including the sperm donor...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

reply to post by Kitilani

I'm sure your mother thinks the same about you.....

Thinks? You mean you think my mom is still pregnant with me? No, she did think that though because she understood biology. Wanting children did not blind her to the fact that being pregnant is not fun or easy.

Only difference is you are still slowly eating away at her life!
edit on 6-9-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

Actually the difference is that my mom was murdered by her husband when I was five years old so you can take you completely fabricated assumptive personal attack and stick it.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
What does a woman say when she finds out she is pregnant with a much wanted child?

Does she say "I am going to have a fetus" or does she say "I am going to have a baby?

The latter of course, why then is the word fetus used when abortion is being discussed... because it becomes an abstract issue...

I am pro choice, with limitations, imho no baby should be aborted because it has a hare lip or a club foot a leg or arm missing or some other cosmetic disfigurement. Humans or not perfect.
No baby be aborted after twenty two weeks, many prem babies born at this time are now surviving, unless it is severly handicapped or the mothers life is at risk.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
How is my "entitled" comment ridiculous?? Isn't that what it's all about? You have taken the stance that women should be entitled to abortion in all cases, have you not?

You said women are killing kids so they can feel entitled. Women don't have abortions so they can feel entitled. They have abortions because they are not prepared to carry and bear a child, NOT so they can feel entitled.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks

.her choice is no one else's biz, including the sperm donor...

Here is an example of "ridiculous" BH. It really amazes me that some of you women can really say that with sincerity. Have you ever tried putting yourself in different shoes? Do you REALLY think if it was the other way around you'd sit there and listen to that crap?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Would you suggest that the trash can full of underdeveloped, dying yet still moving future babies are not alive?

Oh I just have to see these trash cans full of moving babies.

link   

If a mother kills her baby a day after it is born should that be considered murder?

It IS murder. She has taken the life of another BORN person.

Would you suggest that the trash can full of underdeveloped, dying yet still moving future babies are not alive?

I never made the statement that an aborted fetus is not 'alive'.

link   

Ok, poorly worded perhaps. It doesn't take away from the fact that it is an entitlement.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizzylizzy
What does a woman say when she finds out she is pregnant with a much wanted child?

Does she say "I am going to have a fetus" or does she say "I am going to have a baby?

The latter of course, why then is the word fetus used when abortion is being discussed... because it becomes an abstract issue...

No because she is GOING TO have a baby. That is what fetuses become you know.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks

...yes, dear, its life... so is the bacteria in your mouth...

...a fetus is a parasite, regardless of whether its a human fetus or a pig fetus... whether the fetus is viewed as a parasite that needs to be removed or a much wanted baby is the pregnant woman's choice... her choice is no one else's biz, including the sperm donor...

That's fine, as I said. But then don't turn around as some of the states have and count it as a human, by charging a drunk driver for killing it.

A little consistency is all I am looking for.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani
The morning after pill is not preventative

Actually, in most cases, it is. It CAN cause a fertilized egg not to attach to the uterus, however, so in a way, it can still be effective after conception. But its purpose is to prevent the egg from being released and provide 'discouragement' to the sperm.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I think Infanticide like Genocide is everyone's business..

Abortion isn't infanticide.
Infants are BORN.

Originally posted by e11888
Your choice is given to you before you have sex not after when you have a human life inside of you.

There is a choice to have sex or not and ANOTHER choice to reproduce or not. It's two choices.
This is a fact. Even when a woman is pregnant, she has a choice. I don't know how you can argue with this basic fact. Abortion is an option for women.

I can argue with that 'basic fact' because I as a man have no choice if I want to be a father or not after the act. If I choose not to be a father Im thrown in prison with murderers. Females on the other hand have the option to become murderers and kill their own children. Do you see how fun this 'basic fact' is?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join