It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Does Abortion Have To Do With Pro-Choice?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
...a fetus is a parasite,

If a fetus is a parasite then a 2year old baby is also a parasite as it needs your constant attention, you to financially fund it, feed it, teach it to walk and maybe even give puzzles to solve.

Even at 6months old it needs to be breast fed.

so BEFORE any of you call a fetus a parasite please first differentiate how a baby/toddler is not a parasite.

Do you have the right to kill a 2yr old baby?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
Do you REALLY think if it was the other way around you'd sit there and listen to that crap?

I support the male abortion so get away with your assumptions.

reply to post by e11888

But if you, as a man, had the option of a male abortion, would you support it and also support female abortion?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Do you REALLY think if it was the other way around you'd sit there and listen to that crap?

I support the male abortion so get away with your assumptions.

reply to post by e11888

But if you, as a man, had the option of a male abortion, would you support it and also support female abortion?

I would support no abortion. The man should be EQUALLY responsible for the life he created and have EQUAL rights to his child. If Im going to jail for refusing to be a father to a child I didnt want then every woman that has ever had an abortion should be locked up with me.

link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Do you support the male having a say on whether the baby dies or not?? Or do you just support it when he wants the abortion?

link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
If a fetus is a parasite then a 2year old baby is also a parasite

A parasite lives on or in another organism.

Thanks.

edit on 9/6/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I don't understand the question. Using terms like "the baby dies" while talking about abortion is counter-productive.

I would support a situation in which a man, finding out that someone was pregnant with his child, could opt out during the first ~4 months of pregnancy by signing a legal agreement that he would not be financially responsible nor have ANY rights to a child that may result.

It would then be up to the woman whether or not to have the child.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Thanks.

That's funny, thanks for the humor
here's a link where you probably got that from
dictionary.reference.com...

Now look below for what you so conveniently(by accident of course) left out

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ca67cfa435c6.jpg[/atsimg]

Hey nice try though

Thanks

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

It was a pretty simple question, but I'll ask in a different way. If a woman wanted an abortion and the man didn't, and has even stated he will take full responsibility for it.. What then? Do you think the man should have a say?
edit on 6-9-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
If a fetus is a parasite then a 2year old baby is also a parasite

Thanks.

edit on 9/6/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

nice edit of your post
What did you initially post?

That I need to look up the word parasite?

Then I post the definition, then you edit out the part where you said I need to look up the definition???

EDIT: My apologies BH, I didn't mean to sound patronizing, I was only being facetious.
edit on 6-9-2011 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

You don't think a 2-year-old baby gives any useful or proper return? I'm pretty sure most parents would disagree. And if parents didn't get any useful or proper return, there would be a lot more infanticide going on... Two-year-olds can be a challenge.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

If a woman wanted an abortion and the man didn't, and has even stated he will take full responsibility for it. What then? Do you think the man should have a say?

No. Not unless HE can take the risk of carrying and bearing the child. When a man plants his seed in a woman, he needs to be aware that it's not in his control anymore.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Girl you are incredibly resourceful, I comment you for your tenacity trying to bring a point to an issue that is so controversial.

Sadly is so much bitterness clouding the minds of people that sometimes the truth falls in deft ears.

I am a too happy today to let somebody else make my day.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

You don't think a 2-year-old baby gives any useful or proper return? I'm pretty sure most parents would disagree.

I thought you would say something abstract like that

I know pregnant couples, the baby inside the belly gives nothing but happiness, anticipation and smiles.
It's awesome to hear parents say "Hey did you feel that kick"

So that highly abstract point is meh

As you know raising a child is a full time job, those same parents you say would disagree would in fact say that raising the baby and taking care of it is much more difficult than the 9months.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Ah, so you support the woman if she wants to kill the baby or not, AND you support the man if he's also for killing the baby.Yet, you're not for supporting the man if he wants it to LIVE and even is willing to claim 100% responsibility for it. I can't understand why some of you can't realize where you are sounding bat#$% crazy.

edit on 6-9-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

When a man plants his seed in a woman, he needs to be aware that it's not in his control anymore.

wow
If I told my wife that she would KICK MY ARSEEEEEEE

I absolutely have control, I absolutely can make her feel as comfortable as possible, encourage to do light exercises, eat properly, help her sit down and do whatever all the pregnancy books tell me the husband should be doing.

But if you mean physical control, then the woman doesn't have that either.
She can't nudge and force more nutrients to the baby at will

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by KentonKeogh
I don't think the problem lie's with the right to choose. I think that the problem is abortion has just become another form of contraception. This may sound severe but abortions should be limited to each person (excluding rape and incest victims).

No one's going to argue sex is great, but you have to be responsible. If abortions were restricted everyone would have to consider their actions because if you've ran out, tough it's your baby deal with it.

The problem is, your way is stupid.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Having a baby is always happy news for a loving caring couple, yes I am old fashioned I believe children do a lot better with two parents.

When a baby is brought to this world in a home full of love they usually grow to become loving parents themselves.

I know I have two children and both were wanted.

Now a day many of our children are lacking that love, even when they have parents.

Sad.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Now a day many of our children are lacking that love, even when they have parents.

I agree with you on that fully

I know people who adopt, I always ask how much will it cost
the numbers I hear disgust me

borderline human trafficking

that is a MAJOR problem

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

I agree with you on that fully

I know people who adopt, I always ask how much will it cost
the numbers I hear disgust me

borderline human trafficking

that is a MAJOR problem

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Interesting, I been feeling that "empty nest syndrome" my husband and I have not grandchildren yet, my daughter is too much in her career and my son well he is not ready. I told my husband the other day that I feel that has to be more to life, it feels just like yesterday when I had my babies and my husband and I raised them now they are adult, we are still young, but unfortunately I can not have more children due to surgery, I ask him if he will be willing to adopt.

We are seriously thinking about it.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join