It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something weird is happening with time, or am I going mad?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
reply to post by seedofchucky

No sorry dont buy it, everyone knows that times flys when your having fun, thats kindergarten stuff, this is different a completely different concept.

really ? a concept that seems to effect the imagination of aging members of society ? lol

whatever floats your boat

but time feels the same to me as before only differnce is with age i appreciate the seconds more

doesnt mean it should give me a false sense of reality

just a better appreciation of it

but no nothing weird is happening with our time

just like elenin is not effecting earthquakes on earth lol

is it you don't want to understand or just denial ?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

What is driving me crazy though, is why isnt every single person on the planet feeling it, why am i so weird, and a few other people, its makes me question my own sanity, (not really, i know im sane), hopefully....

Maybe you need some medication...slow things down a bit for you...might end up being just a phase of craziness your experiencing...talk to your doctor maybe?

Bringing a serious question of sanity to ATS is probably not advisable...unless of course your looking for uneducated guesses and spotty opinions....because thats all your going to end up with at the end of this thread!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Seriously, are you guys TRYING to make her feel crazy? No one can deny that time seems to speed up as you get older...

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky

reply to post by seedofchucky

No sorry dont buy it, everyone knows that times flys when your having fun, thats kindergarten stuff, this is different a completely different concept.

really ? a concept that seems to effect the imagination of aging members of society ? lol

whatever floats your boat

but time feels the same to me as before only differnce is with age i appreciate the seconds more

doesnt mean it should give me a false sense of reality

just a better appreciation of it

but no nothing weird is happening with our time

just like elenin is not effecting earthquakes on earth lol

is it you don't want to understand or just denial ?

How do you know that its just affecting ageing members of society? and secondly why would i want to deny that im getting older when i look like this (avatar) i have no issue with age, im very lucky.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The 24 hour day is still based around the sunrise and sunset. Most "normal" people spend 16 hours awake and 8 asleep. That 24 hours is the same 24 hours that it has always been, other people living their lives, arriving to school/work on time can verify this!
edit on 4-9-2011 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv

What is driving me crazy though, is why isnt every single person on the planet feeling it, why am i so weird, and a few other people, its makes me question my own sanity, (not really, i know im sane), hopefully....

Maybe you need some medication...slow things down a bit for you...might end up being just a phase of craziness your experiencing...talk to your doctor maybe?

Bringing a serious question of sanity to ATS is probably not advisable...unless of course your looking for uneducated guesses and spotty opinions....because thats all your going to end up with at the end of this thread!

I see you are an ats veteran feb 2011, why bother joining if you think its full of uneducated guesses and spotty opinions, nighty night and goodbye.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by graphuto
The 24 hour day is still based around the sunrise and sunset. Most "normal" people spend 16 hours awake and 8 asleep. That 24 hours is the same 24 hours that it has always been, other people living their lives, arriving to school/work on time can verify this!
edit on 4-9-2011 by graphuto because: (no reason given)
, YES I KNOW. sorry i didnt mean to shout, and thats what freaks me out, why arent others mentioning it, or is joe bloggs to busy with his day to day life (soaps beer sex) to notice it.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

Something tells me me her doctor is everything, but a medical doctor....why not just approach this whole issue with some open minded, clear headed logic?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

No reason to be rude...most of the veteran members would not have been so gentle....I was simply offering an opinion...and a suggestion...but if we would rather curve this to insulting...well then I guess nighty nighty is a generous offer!

I think a more rhomboidal approach would be gold!

Nice to be insulted though...it's been awhile since someone actually thought I was insulting them...forgive me for contributing to your thread...I shall bow out gracefully...good luck!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Like I said, I believe that anyone over the age of 25 has experienced this speedy time. I think that you may be making more of it than it is, perhaps the onset of a midlife crisis as you realize that all these years have passed by so quickly.

It's just the way it is, although I wish a few more people here would re-affirm that we all feel this way. It's just part of getting older.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

welcome to the gizer club ...hey with momentim like you have described you may be able to coast into your 90s ...
peace

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by arrus75

Something tells me me her doctor is everything, but a medical doctor....why not just approach this whole issue with some open minded, clear headed logic?

I actually was trying to be open minded...and offer that pharmacology might have some effective impact before we go jumping off into the deep end of things

.Clear headed logic? Well I was hoping that I was offering that as well...apparently not...I must be terribly misunderstood tonight!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I'm not attacking your post by any means. What I mean by clear headed logic, is finding out how many have only noticed this recently, and how old they are, let's test the 'age' theory.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I cant believe its been 6 months since Japan EQ!!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I too have had the same feelings they come and go with varying intensity, sometimes in moments of reflection, say when my children are playing, I often feel removed from the frame of reality, my heart beats the same but the world I observe seems to be speeding by. It can be rather unsettling and has often lead me to question the subjective/objective relationship... I think Pink Floyd were onto something.

Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain.
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today.
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.
edit on 4/9/11 by ironbutterflyrusted because: spellings

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Okay, this is important. Yes, time is speeding up; no it is not just people who are aging. My 8 year old and 13 year old told me so last summer (when they were 7 and 12!)...that time was going soooo fast. That the days were going so fast.

Now, mind you, time is not real. It is a measurement tool we have created to mark our existence and to chart our path. So, in that aspect, it is not real. But, our perception of how we measure it is real and our perception has changed.

I think something has changed. AND, add the quick communication of cell phones, texting, email, me typing to you right now...the ease of information...this has sped things up.

Years ago we had to dial the number on a rotary phone or physically 'go' to someone's house to talk/get info. Now we just type a few keys on a keypad. We have sped our own world up. Or, for information, we would have to go look up something in the encyclopedia or dictionary...now we can do it all online. There is a perception of speed because things come to us much faster now.

Personally, I long for the slowness of the past. I just bought an iphone and I hate it. Too much, too fast, not necessary. I'm pretty sure I'm going to return it.

Maybe we should start a society of 'slow'. Where, we all talk on rotary phones and read books. ha. I wish.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ironbutterflyrusted

I loved Floyd .....peace

edit on 4-9-2011 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
just to clear things up, there is no doctor, just the gallifreyn time traveller, i am a whoee, since i was in single figures.
and i cannot stress, yet again, that i have never been more happy, lessed stressed and more in touch with my god than ever.
But i wish i didnt feel so lonely in this thing.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by arrus75

I did not mean to imply that you were attacking my post and I am in agreement with checking it out further...and of course with people in the same age as described or insinuated anyway!

I think if we are going to discuss time moving seemingly quicker in this instance..we need a unbiased poll from others in the same category...and I would offer that I am probably close to the same age.

So I would hope that in this instance my opinion would be valued and not insulted...but there is always an opposing opinion...ATS makes that available to us all...we don't have to agree!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ironbutterflyrusted

I just told two different people today that for the first time in my life I have a very PROFOUND sense of the passage of time. Almost melancholy and sad. As though it is all going so fast...too fast to be lived with real joy or proper passage. Does that make sense?

Wayyyyyyyy too fast. Even my snooze alarm isn't as slow as it used to be lol (:

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join