Something weird is happening with time, or am I going mad?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
According to Einstein's theory of Special Relativity time is directly effected by gravitational pull of large objects and he stated that the closer someone or something is to an object with a large gravitational field the faster that time passes, hence we have his famous Twins Paradox.

Perhaps there is something happening that is effecting the gravitational field of our solar system and thereby increasing the rate at which we experience time?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by byteshertz

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
Firstly, i dont make many threads, so mods i hope ive posted this in the right forum
Ive got to get this out , just to see if anyone else is experiencing the same as me. This has been a "situation" that has pestered me for the last few years.
LIiterally, it feels as thought time is speeding up at an incredible pace in my world. I know that some say that the older you get the faster time seems to be going by. But i cant believe it goes this fast.
Im seeing a friend this week who i havent seen for six weeks, and it feels like a week, last Sunday feels like a day or two ago, my life is flying past me.
Its really bizarre and i hope i dont sound like im nuts. Has it affected anyone else? Perhaps its just my imagination, but it feels real.

I've had the same feeling, no sense of missing time - just that it is going by faster than normal.

Like you, I chalked it up to getting older.

Im 43, how old are you? you dont have to say

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

No sorry dont buy it, everyone knows that times flys when your having fun, thats kindergarten stuff, this is different a completely different concept.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I'd say you need to relax a little bit. Maybe take a vacation if you can, have some fun, take things slow and lower your stress level.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Have you been really busy? I've noticed that the busier I am and especially the more stressed I am, the faster time seems to go. It just passes me by. There are things that happened a year ago that seem like they happened only a couple of months ago. I also notice that when I don't have something planned ahead to look forward to, time flies by in no time at all. Back when I used to get out more and have plans that I just couldn't wait for, time dragged on and on. I know this is why time flies for me. Probably doesn't explain why someone with a life experiences the same thing though, lol!
I just need to get more, haha!

No i was twenty times busier 10 years ago when my kids were smaller, and im not partiularly stressed in fact im pretty good at the minute.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Wow, I've been feeling the same thing, the week flies by, and the weekends fly by...I just figured its age as well, I'm in my mid 30s. Any chance the others feeling the same way, maybe in the same age group?

....Or have different age groups started experiencing this only recently?...hmmm
edit on 4-9-2011 by arrus75 because: add

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
For some time I have had the ability to sense time speed up and slow down. It bothered me for a long time, but eventually caused me to study relativity, and quantum science, though without formal education on theory science. However, I now understand that time flows the same way as light waves and ocean waves do. They rise and fall, peak and bottom out. Light for instance varies in wavelength. That is, light waves have different lengths. So if each spectrum of light all arrive at the same place at the same time, they do not travel at the same speed because some are shorter and have to travel longer distances. Time is literally expressed in "waves". When they peak, it speeds up, and when they bottom out it slows. I have seen this. I have seen and experiences the seconds on my digital clock zipping by, aware of the speed, and then at other times slowing. It was really bothering me until I simply accepted that we exist in space but waves of time directly affect us like a boat on the water. Overall, time as a whole is speeding up because the universe is speeding up in expansion. You are probably aware of it, sensing it as well. It's amazing, and if you do a little experiment, look at your digital clock and watch the seconds pass, then do it again at another time of the day, or even at the same time the next day. let me know what you discovered.

edit on 4-9-2011 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
I think we all experience this the older we get. Perhaps it's either something we accept, or the perception starts to slow down again at some point further in our lives.
I remember my mother, me now being the same age as she was then, complain of such a thing. Now neither my parents vocalise that perception.
edit on 4-9-2011 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

Suspiria, i would love to agree with you, but im talking a year feeling like two months. I dont think it sped up that fast for our parents, i may be wrong.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Hello again...long time no see! Anyway might I offer my opinion?

I think that time is moving relatively faster than imagined....years go by like months...and hours seem like minutes in our new age of fast moving technology...but I think your on to something with it moving faster than in the past!

Growing older is only part of the explanation...there is a faster moving time in place these days for certain...so in my opinion...your crazy...but not on this matter...I think your spot on!

Interesting...food for thought anyway...S & F for your thoughts!

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

My perception of time has definitely changed over the years. I'm always saying it to my husband how every day seems like a blink of the eye. Perhaps its getting older, but at 26 I don't feel THAT old lol.

And it's not like I'm running around at a stressful job busy 24/7 to make the time go by so fast, I'm a stay at home mom, where time might normally go slower than usual. I don't have tv so I don't waste my time in front of there. I guess the computer can make time whiz by, but I don't do much on here either. Besides my 11 month old son keeping me busy, I still say that time in my mind anyways, is definitely racing away on me.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I think I have a good answer for this.

It happens to everyone. Think about this:

When you're 4 years old, a year is an entire quarter of your life. You don't really have a basis for perception yet, when you're a kid, the years feel long. When you're 40, that same year is but 1/40th of the total time perceived.

So essentially, time isn't going faster, it just really seems like it based on your perception.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
What is driving me crazy though, is why isnt every single person on the planet feeling it, why am i so weird, and a few other people, its makes me question my own sanity, (not really, i know im sane), hopefully....

link   
The funny thing is, it is always NOW...

If Time exists, where is the Past now ???
And where does the Future Come from ???

I guess this is why "NOW" is referred to as The "PRESENT",

Perhaps this (The "NOW") is the "GIFT ???

link   
I tell people all the time we are spinning faster. It's not just getting older, I can feel it. It's like that Neil Young lyric...
This old world keeps spinning round,
It's a wonder tall trees ain't laying down,
there comes a time...

I get ya!
Heather

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

There is a theory in this regard that has to do with the Schumann Resonance or pulse of Earth. It has been 7.83 cycles per second, However, since 1980 this rate of cycle has supposedly been slowly rising and is now over 12 cycles per second.

This supposedly means that there is now the equivalent of less than 16 hours per day instead of the old 24 hours. Our clocks still move in seconds, minutes and hours and still record a full day in 24 hours but due to the earth´s increased rate of cycle, we perceive it to be only two thirds as long or a perception period of only 16 hours.

No idea if this theory is tenable or not, but this issue with speeding up of time seems very widespread and there´s no reason to dismiss it outright.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by graphuto

That's definitely food for thought, thank you. But before we supply a simple, obvious solution, maybe we should find out if many different age groups have been feeling this way only recently (and it seems to be the case). If it's only a recent phenomenon for various ages, then we may be onto something.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Perhaps others are not taking any notice of anything ???

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
What is driving me crazy though, is why isnt every single person on the planet feeling it, why am i so weird, and a few other people, its makes me question my own sanity, (not really, i know im sane), hopefully....

You're sane, and anyone over the age of 25 has felt this "speed up" in time.

If time was really moving faster, our mechanical clocks, etc. would indicate such.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker11

You sound really busy!! Nice to see you again seeker. long time no see. coincidentally i was reading your photobucket compilation on the amalgam thread last night, good work. That was an interesting thread. I havnt seen sigmund fraud since, i wonder whats the relevance of that?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by graphuto

you may be right, so let's poll the readers...anyone here younger than 25 feeling the same thing?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join