It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the moon have an atmosphere?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Observer99
It has too little gravity to hold atmosphere against the force of the solar wind, very little magnetic field to shield against the solar wind, and no processes (life, volcanism) which would generate new atmosphere. I could definitely imagine trace heavy gases hanging around the surface of any given moon, but certainly nothing you'd want to breathe.

Exactly!

It is well under the mass at which atmospheres exist. It is not a guess, it is not an opinion and it has no bearing on whether a not a person's meaning of life is dependent upon NASA's believability.

Math and physics are "conclusive evidence." New movies; blogs; something Steve told you down at the pub; youtube videos; and a religious devotion to the belief that if NASA said it, then it must not be true-- are all examples of what is NOT "conclusive evidence."

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Frira

I am afraid that know one understood what I am trying to tell. We see the same type of cosmic ray on earth.
Which is only visible in an atmosphere. Protons collide in an atmosphere causing the umbrella reaction.
Without an atmosphere there is NO umbrella (featherlike phenomenae) visible.

Ergo: the moon must have an atmosphere!

Greetz,

Sander

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
google up immanuel velikovskys archive look up a brighter moon .for hundreds of years astronomers have been reporting flashes on the moon .i have seen seen you tube videos of cloud cover on the moon & after reading moongate the case for gravity on the moon well who knows

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by 1967sander

I'm afraid Friya called it correctly, it is impossible for the moon to have an atmosphere apart from the trace mentioned elsewhere in this thread. As I mentioned earlier, all you need to do is look at the moon yourself for proof. I would trust proven science before a youtube clip anyday!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1967sander
reply to post by Frira

I am afraid that know one understood what I am trying to tell. We see the same type of cosmic ray on earth.
Which is only visible in an atmosphere. Protons collide in an atmosphere causing the umbrella reaction.
Without an atmosphere there is NO umbrella (featherlike phenomenae) visible.

Ergo: the moon must have an atmosphere!

Greetz,

Sander

Fair enough, but...

Mass (because it rules gravity) remains the ruling factor for the possibility of an atmosphere-- and the only one needed here. If the mass is insufficient for an atmosphere then an atmosphere does not exists because it cannot exist.

Likewise:

If a imaging device does not yet exist which is sensitive enough to capture an image of a particle colliding with another then.. the image is not of a particle colliding with another because it cannot be such an image.

I am, therefore, afraid that many are not understanding what I am saying. Ignoring two unrelated "cannot possibly be" factors which are known and easily proven so as to begin a new theory is pointless speculation.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Frira

I FULLY understand what you are saying. I know that the moon because of the laws of physics cannot have an atmosphere. Fact is however that these must be cosmic rays. They are most definitely not artifacts (or are they UFO ???). According to the laws of physics the way these rays manifest themselves (featherlike) is is only possible on a planet / celestial body with a gaseous atmosphere. The other alternative would be that these recordings were not made on the moon but on a planet with a gaseous atmosphere ... earth? This would build the theory that the landing on the moon was staged, which I honestly do not believe. Anyway, we have a contradiction here! This type of cosmic rays can, according to science only be seen on a planet with an atmosphere but on the other side we have a moon that does not have an atmosphere.

So what is going on here?

Greetz,

Sander

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
NASA Proof the Moon has an Atmosphere:

history.nasa.gov...

The hammer hitting the stake creates SOUND...and when the Astronaut realizes he is creating SOUND...."Change hands sir"....then he starts hitting the stake with the side of the hammer.

Either the Moon has an atmosphere. Or that video's Exhibit A for the moon hoax people. (done on Earth)

What say you?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Where is the proof that these are cosmic rays, of which I have never seen, and not anomalies in the footage, like the blue streaks in the sky, and the red glow right before they shut the camera off? A lot more points to interference in the recording or the transmission of the analogue signal sent back to earth. Why assume it is what you say?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

If you had watched the video you would know what cosmic rays look like. To me it is clear that you did not.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I have it saved from the NASA source. Have you seen an earth cosmic ray because I haven't. I have however seen some cool exhibits at the Science Center.

Why would you conclude these are cosmic rays that look like the computer animated footage in the video in 1970 TV transmissions that covered nearly a quarter million miles?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Okay you expert. Tell me what these are ....

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I already did.

They are not real.

If they are real they couldn't have been imaged with that technology 40 some years ago.
edit on 5-9-2011 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

But they are real. You see them. You can check them yourself. They are there. I have not created them. These whatever they are, are genuine. What do you mean by technology? NASA used glassfibre optics back in the early sixties! Sure it was not meant for the public, so here in Europe we had (and still have) no idea about the true state of technology NASA had (has).

Perhaps cosmic rays can be seen this way on the moon, even without an atmosphere, or can you prove that they cannot? Some of these little flickerings (white and blue spots) you see in other early NASA footage are the result of cosmic rays as well.
edit on 6-9-2011 by 1967sander because: txt

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I have a beautiful color 11" x 14" image of the moon that gives the illusion of a very thin veil of atmosphere! 72-HC-530.very filmy and very light looking haze over this photo. Its an oblique view of some portions of the near side. The Sea of Crisis,The Sea of Tranquility, Proclus crater, Taruntius crater, and the Sea of Serenity can be seen in this picture.

Check this pic out.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Unless we actually go there ourselves, we only have the word of the "powers that be". and I doubt most of what they say. The Moon could be totally different than what we are told. I tend to think it is.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
If the moon had an atmosphere, even stupid people could see it with their naked eyes.

If Venus was as close as our moon is from us, atmosphere is the only thing you would be able to see, with your naked eye. If Mars was as close as our moon, you still could see it's very thin atmosphere unaided. If the moon had any kind of an atmosphere, don't you think logically, that the millions of astronomers could detect it with mankind's collective instruments? This kind of belief system will not get you very far in any professional endeavor, you might as well just cash your chips in now before you really get in debt.

The haze the person above you sees is from OUR atmosphere, not any from the moon.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Yes our moon does have an atmosphere and is helped by the moons light gravity.

The lunar atmosphere is maintained by out-gasses from the moons interior and from capturing solar wind particles,the source is continuous enough to be sustained.

During a lunar day water vapor moves around the surface and settles during the cold lunar night.The same goes for lunar dust particles thanks to the atmosphere as shown below images taken by surveyor 7 above the moons surface.

This next gif shows how molecules may move near the surface of the Moon to form the atmosphere.

LADEE

Lunar Atmosphere and Dust Environment Explorer will orbit the Moon and measure its atmosphere.

NASA is planning to return people to the Moon, and human activity will kick up dust, expel rocket exhaust, and release other gaseous emissions into the lunar atmosphere .

science.nasa.gov...
science.nasa.gov...
cheers

Ocker

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ocker

This next gif shows how molecules may move near the surface of the Moon to form the atmosphere.

There goes one.
There's another.
Look at alllll them molecules.
An atmosphere that's a close second to the best vacuum produced in a lab. It sure ain't air.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hi Phage
hope you are well

It is an atmosphere that still that holds moisture and dust particles.

the question I answered was from the OP "does the moon have an atmosphere"
well the answer is yes
Also water vapor would effectively become a gas and turn solid in the vacuum of space this is not the situation during a lunar day.

Cheers

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join