It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Wife Heard a Voice Last Night

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

You sure don't seem like someone who would visit this site or contribute and listen to all the conspiracy theories here.
What the hell does that mean?

Serious question. I want to know.

I was not aware that only a certain type of person would be on this site.

I think my post explained already very well what i meant...feel free to disagree as smithjustinb does also.
edit on 4-9-2011 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

To be clear, I'm not disagreeing with anything. All I was saying is that if you go to certain forums, being interested in certain topics, you will have a certain opinion of what this site is about.

Yes it is a conspiracy theroists website, but at the same time, it is a philosopher's website among others.

My reply had no bias.
edit on 4-9-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

You sure don't seem like someone who would visit this site or contribute and listen to all the conspiracy theories here.
What the hell does that mean?

Serious question. I want to know.

I was not aware that only a certain type of person would be on this site.

I think my post explained already very well what i meant...feel free to disagree as smithjustinb does also.

To be clear, I'm not disagreeing with anything. All I was saying is that if you go to certain forums, being interested in certain topics, you will have a certain opinion of what this site is about.

Yes it is a conspiracy theroists website, but at the same time, it is a philosopher's website among others.

My reply had no bias.

Well in my view majority of people who come here have open minds, they tend to look at any subject from all points and will always be willing to take a good look at the impossible and improbably. It is a great place to learn and expand the thinking and to then narrow down to what our personal view will be of reality.
It is not often I see people who close their minds and limit possibility in these forums. Not even most of the eternal debunkers that seem to be her ONLY to debunk as many thoughts, theory's and mysteries as possible!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

You said it yourself the human brain is not as simple as modern science makes it out to be,I agree with that statement but I don't agree with your assessment.Some things cannot be explain with our current scientific understanding.Definitely don't agree,tell your wife that I had an experience like hers,in fact there are a number of threads on this site devoted to just that...

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I agree- her subconscious is probably noticing a pattern condescension too. I wonder how often she is staying up to late night TV.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
About 3 weeks ago I and my two children, audibly heard my name being called, whilst on holiday inside our tent.
There was only my sister outside, who was quietly emptying the binbag and it wasn't her voice anyway.
The voice was a masculine woman's voice or a feminine male's voice, ambiguous!
Why my name was called I still do not know.

My eldest thinks it was either the Earth/Gaia or an angel (seen quite a few of these) but I don't know.

The Earth is a living being (NO I do not worship her but I admire her) and she could be talking to your wife.
Why would she say 'go just go' I don't know.

Why doesn't your wife ask the voice in that room what the H*ll it means. And while she is there ask it if it called my name. Seriously.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
O.P maybe your wife was getting a warning to get the HELL out of the area that you are in.

Where are you located??....who the hell knows with all these freaken big earthquakes going on.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

...wow, some posters are really sensitive, huh?... must suck to be them...

...i didnt think you were condescending to your wife... my SO often said the same to me - "ya gonna stay awake and listen THIS time?" - cuz i had the tendency to start huntin for a pillow when he started getting long-winded... it was mostly just a joke between us...

...btw, i heard a voice last night too... it was female and it softly said "she's crying"... woke me right up... took me a few seconds to realize it was my own voice...

...i take care of my mom (alzheimers) and she had fallen the night before, hit her head (right behind her ear) on the corner of an end table and it bled a lot cuz head wounds do... she had no pain sensation even though she had a inch long minor gash and an instant goose-egg... of course, no memory of it the next morning and still no discomfort...

...anyways, last night when my own voice woke me up - i laid there for a few minutes listening for sounds coming from her room but only heard her and our monster dog snoring... went back to sleep but it didnt feel like very long before i heard her crying...

...went and checked on her... she said she couldnt find her parents... does no good to tell her they've been dead for a long time... she can rarely retain three words in a row but, still, i try... told her she was safe, to go back to sleep and dream happy dreams... luckily, that worked that time, lol... it doesnt always...

...was hearing my own voice a super-natural premonition?... nope... just normal stuff considering my circumstances...

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

OP, after that epically-long explanation, in which it seemed she had little to nothing to contribute to, other than to confirm that she "was still there" her only thought at the end of your musing was this:

She frowned. "I thought it might mean something."

Perhaps talking at her was not what she needed from you that night...

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
There are some people who have passed away...that don't know they have...they are stuck between this world and the next....they can see us...and to them we are invading their space...and they don't like it. That may be the case where you are living.....and when the person stuck between dimensions saw your wife...cleaning things up...it wanted her to hurry and just leave....that may have been when she heard the voice.

edit on 4-9-2011 by caladonea because: correction

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qouth The Raven

Fascinating breakdown of how the brain/mind works..As if it can,and in some cases does,'speak' to us in terms we can directly relate to and comprehend - Verbal command. There seems to be no room in your analysis for any other possible source or reason for her having 'heard' this command. Like you,I do look for a practical and mundane reason/answer for every occurrence before I look elsewhere,leaving it open to the possibility that the whole of everything cannot always be explained scientifically. Certain of us seem to be accessing parts of our brain/mind recently that have before now been closed to us,or to most of us at any rate.We are evolving. Is it beyond the scope of reason and possibility that your wife may have experienced,only briefly,an instant of higher intuitive faculties and that there is a message in what she was 'told',or that her higher mind is flexing it's muscles so to speak,preparing her for more of the same,and that if accepted by you both and not reasoned away or dismissed as static,she may just be meant to receive messages of a profound nature?

You've set my mind to racing,reaching,exploring. Thank you!

edit on 4-9-2011 by Qouth The Raven because: spell check

As I stated, there are a myriad of potential sources, and I was only offering one possible source. I never told her that I knew the source, but I did suggest that a voice saying "Go..." doesn't have to mean anything. Not if it isn't associated with anything else. Not very significant in and of itself. I even tossed in the scenario of a chair being lifted off the floor and thrown into a pile of dishes on a sink board (something that happened to me when I was 17, shortly after my mom died, in fact), and the difference between something like that (pretty hard to explain away as being a trick of the mind), and a quick voice saying "Go...".

If something follows it, then we'll deal with that as additional evidence of something larger and more significant. My suggestion was to not run off a cliff with such a vague instance of anomalous indication. I posted it here because a lot of younger posters seem to feel the need to go as far as they can with no fuel in the tank. One guy - last year - even started thinking that he was ascending because his feet ached. Now, come on.... Feet aching, so that means that he's ascending (whatever the hell that even means)?

I saw her experience, and her initial reaction to it, as similar to some who've posted here with experiences that were quick, odd, and isolated in the same manner. Of course, those people were swooped in on by the mathamas and baby gurus of this forum, with all kinds of enlightened jizz about how they are emerging as who-knows-what, with imminent missions that are about to be presented to them by whatever-the-hell-it-is-that-presents-that-sort-of-thing-in-real-life-and-not-in-a-SciFi-channel-original-movie.

Seemed appropriate as a topic. If it ends up that a burning bush shows up and effs up the hardwood floor, I'll be sure to post an update.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

You sure don't seem like someone who would visit this site or contribute and listen to all the conspiracy theories here. Most of the kind of people who come here would be thinking WOW maybe we better pack and GO somewhere for a while...
PS we should know where you live in case a disaster strikes so we will know.

I'm here to stabilize the curve a little. They needed someone they could point to that wasn't a hysterical mess, and I wasn't doing much, so....

Actually, in this forum, most of the posters are very bright, and my suspicions are considered pretty unusual. At least there are moments when I'm taken seriously here, and that can be pretty addicting.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Interesting.

How would you describe the process of visual hallucinations especially ones as profound as that experienced on '___' where there is no apparent reference for such hallucinations to arise?

Data units are easily combine with other data units to craft unique clusters. '___' - like '___' - makes unique cluster configurations really easy to generate. I've been so wrecked on '___' - back in the early 70s - that the entire world was appearing before me as if it were on an enormous cylinder that I was walking on top of. I had to have a tripping buddy tend to me so that I wouldn't walk in front of a car or something. That sure as hell wasn't a referenceable hallucination. Information units are pretty small. A fact can include millions of information units. Most of the information units within your short and long term memory - if you could experience each of them as indivisible units, which is what each of them is - would not be recognizable to you. Like ingredients within a sauce, they generally lose their individual character within the identity of the mixture that contains them.

So you're saying that the world according to some specific information unit, the earth actually is a giant cylinder?

Try reading that again. It was a hallucination. No...the world is never a giant cylinder. Data configurations don't necessarily conform to what can possibly exist as real, and that was my point. By the way, I apologize for the drug reference, and I hope no one was offended.

I would like to know more about these "information units". I am unfamiliar with them, but they sound very interesting.

You deal with them all the time, and everything you know is composed of information units.

A fact can have (as I suggested) many units that combine to fully represent an event ( a change of some sort, whether isolated or within the ongoing event trajectory of change). An example...a ball drops from a table. How many units of information - off the top of your head - emerge as a result of that event? Let's list a few....

• The material nature of the ball
  • The existential nature of material
  • The fact that material exists (with all units pertaining to that fact inclusive)
  • The distance the ball dropped
  • The concept of distance (and all units pertaining to that specific concept inclusive)
  • The contextual placement of that event within the whole contextual environment (base reality) that hosted that event
  • All that ever took place to bring that ball into existence
  • All that ever occurred to bring that ball to be on that table at that instant
  • The entire event trajectory (complete with associated informational continuum that emerged as a result, and its relative contextual status within the host contextual environment itself) that brought the circumstance that initiated the event trajectory that caused the ball to drop from the table

It goes on and on and on and on, and that's just a ball dropping off the table. The table itself has its own informational continuum that includes every string that may or may not vibrate within every molecule that pitches its all in to allowing that table to even exist as the stable and redundant event that it is.

Just take that small bit of an example and factor out how many information units are launched by every event trajectory within your own body. Every cell, and all that activity that's ongoing and causing data to emerge as the fact that it does what it does, did what it did, and has done what it has done. Warning, though. It can really overwhelm you if you haven't the discipline to simple acknowledge it and move on. This examination is not suitable for anyone with OCD. The sheer scope of how many single event trajectories are launching and progressing and winding up, within a human body, and how much information is brought into existence as a direct result of all that blistering activity, is literally too much to deal with.

Once I discovered the reality of exactly what it is that we all are, it was no small effort to reduce it as a concept and move on to larger issues.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
tha hell..

thread breakdown:

-my wife was watching dumb girl tv
-she heard a voice and it freaked her out so i gave her advice
-i flexed my giant brain next to her dinosaur sized one
-i talked to her like a child like i have all the answers, and remembered verbatim our dialogue of me sounding very smart
-and i stopped reading your dialogue with your wife cause it was was embarassingly arrogant.
-my moral of this thread was that everyone jumps to conclusions because they don't know the explanation to everything but either does science

this thread should be in paranormal

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

It's jackasses like you that get me into trouble on these boards.

no it sounds like you do a great job of getting yourself into trouble seeing the rest of that post i quoted from.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
Scary story. A tad spookier but just as mysterious as mine.

The other night when I was clearing up my sofa litter before bed I turned on the overhead light and there was a huge bang and all the lights fused. So I had to lock up, go pee, then climb upstairs in the pitch black. Next morning we sorted the fuse and I found one of the bulbs had blown in our pretend chandelier.

Anyway, later on in the afternoon I'm sitting here at my cockpit when there was a loud crack noise from the middle of the living room, about 5 feet from me. (I live in a hobbit hutch, i.e. really small). It was like two snooker balls hitting each other really hard. I looked over at my dog who's at the other end of the room and she's also looking puzzled at the middle of the room.

I thought, oh maybe another light bulb has blown, even though it was the middle of the day and no lights were on.
The lights were fine, and I still don't know what that noise was.

We were having stuff like that happening shortly after one of my best friends was murdered. It went on for about a year or so (off and on), and then it kind of died down. I think she was venting a bit, and I just let her know that it was okay to go ahead and work it out if need be. That stuff was consistent, extremely obvious (sometimes things would move across my desk, and there's no way to deny that sort of thing), and there was a trigger event that preceded it (my friend's murder, and the hellish effort we went through to finally get her properly buried - very long story).

My wife's voice may or may not develop into something, but for the time being, I think that placing it into proper context is a good approach. Odd stuff happens, but not all of it is significant. Sometimes passed people just find an opportunity to startle you, and they take it. They're just people, after all.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22

You said it yourself the human brain is not as simple as modern science makes it out to be,I agree with that statement but I don't agree with your assessment.Some things cannot be explain with our current scientific understanding.Definitely don't agree,tell your wife that I had an experience like hers,in fact there are a number of threads on this site devoted to just that...

And she knows that I have experiences like that all the time. She didn't ask me about it because I'm a hard-ass skeptic. She asked me about it because I have years of similar experiences, and have learned to ignore stuff that's ancillary and incidental. I attract that sort of sh*t as if they were mosquitoes. So, it's not as if I don't realize that there's more than the material world out there. I just know better than to let that sort of thing get my head spinning.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join