It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Wife Heard a Voice Last Night

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Interesting topic. I would sometimes hear my name whispered in my ear as a child at times when no one was around.

The baseless insults directed at the OP are unbelievable. I read nothing that suggested he was 'belittling' his wife and I didn't get an 'arrogant' impression either. Seems like some people have the need to find fault with anyone and anything.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

edit on 5-9-2011 by LadySkadi because: the example no longer applies due to post deletion

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Charmed707
Interesting topic. I would sometimes hear my name whispered in my ear as a child at times when no one was around.

The baseless insults directed at the OP are unbelievable. I read nothing that suggested he was 'belittling' his wife and I didn't get an 'arrogant' impression either. Seems like some people have the need to find fault with anyone and anything.

I figured out what all the vitriol is about. I batted around some Tea Partier yesterday - I was bored with the topics in this forum and wandered a little - and mentioned in my last post that I was headed back here, where the questions were more challenging. Looks like some political knuckle-draggers followed me back, and decided to be irritating in response to my making fun of the Tea Bagging thing. Hell, I was just having some fun, but whatever. If that's what makes some people feel better, then who cares.

I'm just glad that I was able to figure out what the hell was happening. I've never even seen most of these mooks, and the few that I have seen here before, I'm sure I pissed in their Cheerios at one time or another.

My wife's going to have a laugh over this. She thinks all of us board posters are nuts anyway. This'll give her plenty to razz me about.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Attention:

The rules for posting are clearly defined in the T&C. The incivility in this thread is paled only by the amount of vulgar language. Going forward, posting bans will be handed out to those that can not or refuse to post properly.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

While I don't think that a single spoken word is of any real import, I should say that your wife sounds like she was asking for you to help her find meaning in what she perceived, not really an answer from your perspective.

No doubt she is aware of your slant on such things but you gave her no opportunity to explore her interpretation/s.

People (especially females) like that sort of thing and while the conclusions she may come to may be different than you would arrive at, the sharing of thoughts and feelings is a bonding experience.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

This is going to sound strange but i used to swear someone called my name didn't happen a lot but say twice a week maybe. Then i read this article about caffeine could cause auditory hallucination. to make a long story short I stopped drinking 3 cups of coffee in the mornings and limited my cokes and have not had it happen in years.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I heard a voice once, telling me to get out of the water, but there was no one there. I did get out and when I did I lapsed unconscious. It saved my life....

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I would of fallen asleep due to boredom in about the first minute, not due to lack of understanding in what you were trying to get at either.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

No,it certainly doesn't have to mean anything,at all. Pfft..I've been awakened many times by a voice speaking to me,even had a voice warn me to "GO,just GO!" once. I was a kid,and not in a safe area.It freaked me out big time,so I went. Heard later that there was a cave in. *shrugs*

Never thought much about it meaning much of anything. Just accept it as normal. Which for me,it is.

Oh! And if that bush aflame does show up and wreck your floor,I'll expect pictures my man..lot's and lot's of pictures.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
I heard a voice once, telling me to get out of the water, but there was no one there. I did get out and when I did I lapsed unconscious. It saved my life....

That's what I'm talking about,right there.

For some of us,voices can save our lives,if we heed them. And I'm not talking about the "God told me to kill,so I did" kind of voices in your head either. Eh,whatevs. Moving on now.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Hmmm.... so your wife has an odd experience that scares her and you proceed to mind f*** her even worse with a bunch of intellectual babble? Sounds like you took advantage of chance to flex your ego over her while she was vulnerable. That is neither noble or virtuous, rather it sounds very un-compassionate.

I would apologize to her and admit you had a ego attack that night and really have no clue what happened. Maybe then she will be forgiving enough to share her future experiences with you without being fearful of being talked down.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy

Hmmm.... so your wife has an odd experience that scares her and you proceed to mind f*** her even worse with a bunch of intellectual babble? Sounds like you took advantage of chance to flex your ego over her while she was vulnerable. That is neither noble or virtuous, rather it sounds very un-compassionate.

I would apologize to her and admit you had a ego attack that night and really have no clue what happened. Maybe then she will be forgiving enough to share her future experiences with you without being fearful of being talked down.

Peace.

A number of people are getting more bent out of shape about the OP seeming condescending to his wife, than paying attention to his explanation about how this "voice" she supposedly "heard" could just have been a "burp" of some extraneous, miscellaneous bit of normal background information "noise" that we subconsciously absorb from our environments all the time, and didn't necessarily "mean" anything at all, taken as the singular event that it was.
If she starts hearing it on a regular basis, then it will be time to examine it more seriously.
I've also thought I heard a random voice on a few occasions, but it's usually been when I'm in that "twilight" consciousness between waking and sleep. Did you ask her if she was fully awake when she heard it?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
too many big words and long explination. But it makes sense thanks for taking the time to share with the rest of us. You shuld post this in the paranormal forum for all the members who go strictly for that thread.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
A few weeks ago as I was laying in bed (awake, but with my eyes closed) I heard and felt an evil male voice forcefully whisper the word " D I E " into my ear. I sensed evil beings around for a few days after it happened. Yes, I am sure I was awake, and YES I'm sure of what I heard. While I'm sure it is possible that a human brain can imagine such things and belief they were real, I do not believe this was imagined.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join