It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans don't belong on earth?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

he says ETC, meaning further animals, like birds, snakes.

second line.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
We are built to run - and run on this planet! Our bodies largest single "system" is it's legs. We have no fur, hair, or feathers, and we sweat. This is a huge advantage over other animals. On a warm day and healthy human can outrun a horse over the distance of a marathon (26.2 miles). Only canines are in the same realm as humans when it comes to covering long distances.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Good question John
I wish I could answer to this, but as you would expect, I have none... unfortunately.
However evidence is all around us that we are unable to live in harmony here. At least not able until now.
Given the right technology,... perhaps; if we do not self destruct before.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien
Think about it.
Cats, dog etc, have fur, feathers, scales etc to protect them from their natural enviroment, they dont need to live in houses, they are born perfect without dissabilities, due to evolution and the survival of the fittest.
Hell horses on their first day they are born, they are running around, not that i like horses, just pointing it out.

Those animals have perfect night vision, humans can barely see in the dark.

Humans on the other hand, need houses, humans make the enviroment adapt to them, human babies are too weak on their first day of birth, they born naked, hungry etc, it takes humans at least 18 years to be somewhat self sufficient.
We need shelter to live, we can't live in the open, we'll die, wolves will kill us, predators will kill us, the cold will kill us, we can't hunt, we have to kill cattle etc.

Animals are born perfect, survival of the fittes, if they're disabled theyre left to die, humans on the other hand we have variation, some are disabled, some are smart, some are dumb, does the animals in the wild have this?

Humans aren't a natural part of this ecosystem, mother nature is not our mother, but a cold hard bitch who wants us dead.

Thoughts?

edit on 3-9-2011 by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien because: (no reason given)

The fossil record, the priciple of evolution and most of modern science would disagree with you, but hey why not.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
To the OP: A while back there was a VERY in depth post about someone's theory that we're actually from another planet and we were brought here by someone/something, and that's why there are so many genetic defects, diseases etc, because we're not supposed to be here, this is not our natural environment and we've been trying to adapt for a long time now.

Food for thought, depending on how open you are to that sort of thing

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth

The future depicted in Terminator. Robots already destroyed the planet and then us, so I guess we can't really destroy it after that. LV-426 is another serious contender.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Humans were created to watch over the animals and to serve god according to the bible. But I don't understand that. I mean sharks attack us and so do other animals. How are we suppose to control them?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by lance_covel

Give me 50 square kilometers,deer and 20 modern humans. Allow be to hold back food from those 20 modern humans and in 3 weeks I'll give you 20 hunter gatherers. We have a smear of modern man which is underlined by a solid foundation of hunter gatherer and it would not take long for our design and natural state to take over.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I highly advise the viewing of this video...its a different perspective on HUMAN ORIGINS...youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadowland8
To the OP: A while back there was a VERY in depth post about someone's theory that we're actually from another planet and we were brought here by someone/something, and that's why there are so many genetic defects, diseases etc, because we're not supposed to be here, this is not our natural environment and we've been trying to adapt for a long time now.

Food for thought, depending on how open you are to that sort of thing

Natures not perfect and things do go wrong. Also most diseases we know today and alot we've cured, came about as a result the Domestication of live stock. All this has been known for a long time, is easily researched.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by shadowland8

If you're referring to this thread by itsthetooth, then "in depth" is hardly the expression for it. The OP was superficial at best. When asked for evidence for his claims, the OP was evasive and showed a distinct lack of understanding of the "science" he was trying to use to bolster his claims. When provided with objective evidence that directly refuted his claims, he retreated to saying that he didn't believe it. I see this thread heading in the exact same direction and am trying to figure out why it hasn't been moved to Skunk Works given that it's almost a carbon copy of the one I linked above.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morg234
Goosebumps.

Both my presented example and my reaction to the level of ignorance shown here.

We still get goosebumps when our skin is exposed to a harsh environment. Yet as modern homo sapiens, the little amount of body hair that remains is not anywhere near the amount that would be required to trap a satisfactory layer of heat.

There was a time where we had a sufficient volume of body hair. Alas, no longer! Not only is this provable beyond a doubt and the universally accepted scientific viewpoint, it makes sense; the physical evidence even on your own body, vestigial reactions and tissues, can demonstrate it to you.

I'm not an evolutionary biologist, and yet I know this much.

How come you lot don't?

I would like to add something to support what you've said in your sunshine of common sense.

When humans get excited, gear up for a fight or show fear. The small hairs on the back of our neck stand up. There was a time when they would have been thick long hairs and it would have been a visiual signal. Also we actually have more body hair than the other great apes, it's just so fine and small that it doesn't appear that way.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Earth is a testing ground for humans who's bodies have been upgraded and downgraded over the era's depending on their polarity or collective consciosuness, ie positive and aware and compassion, progression, negativity, regression and asleep at the wheel is shrinknig or lowering IQ too.

The dark side in this duality school can never overcome the light, that is built in. But if the light slides into permissions that is how they hook you and slide the planet down.

Animals are put here as a part of earth experience for the human souls in testing. Cruelty to animals is not good. But we are allowed to eat.

Humans have a wide vareity of health issues. And the test is about Love and Cooperation and Serving Others.

The world is coded to make it hard, ie survival of the fittest is just one theory and a bad one. Some beings survive by cooperation. So that is only reptile brain type survival, not advanced.

We have choices to make here, there are muitiple answers on the test and we're being called to put our faith our love for our family, and yes, we all know and love each other on the line, even those who were more lost and more self oriented, an attempt to reach them if we could. If we could wake up ourselves, but most are so heavily programmed they can't necessarily and so are taught to hate the leaders not pray for them and try to nudge them into light, or hate the other religons or races who are simply shoved in different live stock cages by negative overlords.

Fix You - Gregorian Version

Fix You - Gregorian Version

"
When you try your best but you don't succeed
When you get what you want but not what you need
When you feel so tired but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse

And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone but it goes to waste
could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
and ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

High up above or down below
when you're too in love to let it go
but If you never try you'll never know
Just what your worth "

It a test, and opposite choices always are offerered here. God smites and wants you to kill your disobedient teens or God is like Jesus, forgiving and washing your feet, never harming.

Nature is dog eat dog, or Love is the answer. STS or STO?

Night/Day
Sickness/Health
Death/Birth
Apahty/Kindness
Selfishness/Service To Others
War/Peace
Retaliation/Forgiveness and Healing
Dog Eat Dog/Equality and Mindfulness

The symbol for the holographic school. The hexagram. Two interlocking triangle/pyramids. The pryamid, the Love of power, versus, the inverted pyramid, equality and infinite family progression.

Regression/Progression.

You can half a grain of sand to infinity with futuristic tools and will loose sight of it, but it will never vanish. Or double a light to infinity.

Grow, Love, Connect to the Love above and seek to help others. Report for Duty!
edit on 4-9-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
I was just talking with a friend last night who is a nurse. We were discussing what elements we would need for survival if all the SHF! She said that people who had access so medical personnel and equipment would survive,or at least last longer.
I have been reading the Pulitzer Prize book, "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy, and it was made into a movie. The story is vague about the cause of the demise, but clearly only a few humans have survived some huge global disaster (the presence of ashes makes one think it was climate change, cme, nuclear or some other disaster like that). IN the story, a man and his son are featured. They are nameless and wander down a nameless road with a cart which they stock with whatever they find along the way. Everything has been ravaged by other humans. Just basic things like fire, water, food, and shelter are always an issue. The book really made me think what would be needed for survival.

As far as animals, I seem to recall that pioneers who had cattle had always to go out in the winters and make sure the cattle were warm. I guess Bison are more adapted to cold. My sister used to raise turkeys and said that she would go as early as possible to the pens to get the eggs, but the snakes would always beat her. How can chickens survive when the snakes get their eggs before they hatch?

No brainer and easily researched.

1. The cattle that need tending today originate from aurochs which once ran wild in Europe. They had long dangerous horns and were covered in warm fur. Not only are there cave paintings in Europe of these animals, scientist were able to bring them back as a result of selective breeding and they can be seen in the Berlin zoo.

2. The modern chicken comes from The Red Junglefowl which was bigger than the chicken you get at dinner and living in the wild had it's ways of reducing egg loss through predation like other wild birds do today. back when they were wild they weren't stuck in a pen and easy to get at.

What you see today is domesticated animals which have lost their natural defences and rely on us for food, warm and protection.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien

Humans are just an experiment in various strains of DNA.
Rather a cold outlook.
All the other stuff like ego, the 5 senses are there for the everyday experence.
Long time ago, the PROGRAM was started and its still running. 99% of humans have no idea about this event.
They go about there daily lives, and have not a clue. They are born, growup, live out there programed lives, get old and die.
Dosen't matter if you rich or poor, free or bonded to someone or something. its all part of the program. All the causes be it polictical, ecconomic, religious, warfare, etc. Are all part of the program. Ever get the feeling someone or something was looking at you like a strain of virus puting things in your path to see how you will respond. Its all an experiment,
Unless you wake up. or you can go about your everyday life, be it good or bad and think theres some devine providence for it. :
ff to the side you can hear evil laughter..as the camra fades to black::

we all know its just chinese laterns..wink...

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2
I brought this up a few pages past but it got ignored so I'll say it again.

Humans obviously don't have some charateristics of other animals which would make survival more likely. Sure we can use animal fur and fire to keep warm but a built in fur coat would be handy in the wild. We aren't as strong as some apes either. We can't run as fast, sense of smell is weaker, eye sight isn't as good and we don't have sharp teeth or claws.

A smart and physically fit animal has a better chance of survival than a smart and weak animal.

So why LOSE these charateristics which would help us hunt?

We have one of the best most advanced eyesights of the predators and our depth perception is perfect for throwing a spear.

We are tall. All other predators don't have our advantage of hight as a natural state and can't see over the long grass or bushes or heat haze that we can when hunting.

We gave up the acute sense of smell as we developed complex speech which is great when hunting in groups.

We are the only hunter who does not have to regulate our body temperature through breathing as all other predators do which means we can travel further and walk our prey into the ground. Big cats can run fast and their prey can run fast but only in short spurts because they need to breath to control their body temperature.

Lots of fur is restrictive when hunting as you over heat fast. our fur became fine hair which cools us down during the hunt as water dropletts form on the fine hairs. We can walk from a jungle to a desert to a salt pan and we won't over heat through movement and having a big powerful brain we can even carry our water as has been done for tens of thousands of years.

We don't need to get up close to a dangerous out of breath and weakend prey because we can throw a spear as has been done for tens of thousands of years.

We are the most dangerous well adapted predator on the planet and we have the most dangerous natural tools for the job. A powerful brain and hands that can manipulate anything. A temperature control second to none. A hight that ables us to see our prey when the other predators can smell it but not know where it is yet or how far.

A communication ability that enables coplex thought to be passed between the hunting group.

Even when we were still more like the other great apes we were still smarter than the average bear.
edit on 4-9-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by IlluminatusOculus33

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
HA! I have thought this for many many years and have said as much in several threads. I'm with you on this. Humans are the only species that cannot naturally tolerate this environment. Most of us even need to take shelter from the sun in a lot of climates or we will burn to death.

Humans aren't a natural part of this ecosystem, mother nature is not our mother, but a cold hard bitch who wants us dead.

Love that line. Ain't it the truth...

Um in the desert animals find shade under rocks and burrow underground. Even large mammals like lions find shade under trees. Animals can die from heat exhaustion just like us.

Humans can also find shade under trees or under rock cliffs and caves or cool off by taking a dip in a cold running river.

Yeah, you're probably right. We evolved from monkeys like you believe we did. You win.

Looks like you're spending a lot of time kicking sand in people's faces on this thread. Feel good, big shot?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Eye of Horus

Did you just watch Dark City? That sounds like the exact plot to that movie. Maybe with a little Sitchin thrown in. Could you give us any evidence of these claims of yours?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrsBlonde
lots of humans live or did live very spare animalistic lives

the aboriginals of Terra Del Fuego an area off the tip of South America was populated by people who went naked in an Sub Antarctic environment, in winter, the secret? a tablespoon of seal oil a day don't take it in summer or you'll break out in a rash

the Kung of the Kalihari in Africa live mostly without houses sleep on bare ground have very little clothing and only the most primitive hunting weapons their most useful tool? a stick

the Tasmanians when first discovered by the West had no tools no clothes and nothing that could be described as culture they were quickly wiped out by disease and genocide

there are more,,we definitely don't 'need' laptops, packaged food ,cars, cellphones or any of the other things we like . left alone people usually only make temporary huts of available materials hunt and gather out a location and move on . That is the 'natural' state of humanity. Left alone uninterfered with we devolve with a quickness.

You seem to have chosen a select small and rare example. The fact is that most humans were way in advance of these people even when all humans were still hunter gatherers. The Aboriginals of Australia which includes those of the Australian state of Tasmania were true stone age people yes and had been since arriving in Australia 50,00 years before. However at least for 40,000 years, if not more, European hunter gatherers were using flint sparks to start fires instead of rubbing sticks together and for spear tips and cutting tools instead of fire hardend spear tips and bone knives. They had established areas of living, a base if you will, and moved of for long seasonal hunting trips but would return to their home areas with established dwelling which would need repear on their return. They had musical instruments made of mammoth bone and ivory. They had spear throwers with beautiful carvings of horses and cave lions and such.

Also the Tasmanian aboriginal did have tools and they used to rub animal fat on themselves to keep warm. I think that what also needs to be looked at is the fauna avilable to them in Tasmania.

I don't understand how you could think that we'd "devolve" naturaly. We would go back to stone age only because all the natural resources have been used up not because our natural state is being subject to our enviornment. We wouldn't be able to make flint knives or spear tips because flint is no longer just laying around.

So to sum it up. Some humans remained nomatic stone age people while other were on the road to advancement.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

We are the most dangerous well adapted predator on the planet and we have the most dangerous natural tools for the job.

It was worth my while persisting with this trainwreck of a thread just to have read your post. A star from me.

There are people on this thread simultaneously claiming that we’re helpless in the face of nature, yet have somehow managed to ravage the natural environment, exterminate numerous species, etc. Clearly they are missing something. I guess it’s the same thing a zoo animal misses after a lifetime of being cooped up in an enclosure and fed by keepers.

Some don’t forget. A business tycoon twenty years my senior once told me how, as a young tea trader, he would go into the jungle with his brother and a dog to hunt for wild boar, deer and the odd sambhur. They travelled – this sounds unlikely but I can vouch that it was often done – on a motorbike. One day, they’d just arrived, found a clearing to camp in and had gone off to fetch water from a nearby stream. On their return, they found a leopard sniffing about the place. The old boy – this was at a cocktail party full of preening socialites – described to me how he and his brother almost suffocated the dog that was with them, trying to keep it from growling. I assumed this was because they were afraid the leopard would attack them, and said something to that effect.

The old man laughed.

'No,’ he said. ‘We were trying to get to the bike before it noticed us.’

‘Get to the bike?’ I asked. ‘What for?’

‘The shotguns were on the bike,’ he replied.

They hadn’t thought, as I had, about the danger, but about what a great ‘bag’ a leopard skin would be.

A few months later, the man who told me this story was indicted for insider trading on my country’s stock exchange. He cheated the judge, though – had a massive stroke and died before he was to appear in court.

I don’t approve of hunting for sport, but some of us will always be predators. And given the right circumstances, nearly all of us would be. Thank you for showing just how good we would be at it, guns or no guns.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join