It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cancer may have a cure, Big Pharma says "no profit.. no way"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
This really should be illegal... to prevent a cure from reaching the general public because of lack of profit?!?!

I mean, are you F**King kiddng me??!?!

Hundreds of thousands of people die every year because of Cancer and Cancer related illnesses, but because of the greed of these companies, it will probably never make it to the market. Though all the other medications that have little effect and cost people thousands of dollars are very available to anyone that can afford it...

This chemical has been around for many years, its used in treatments for other illnesses already... but without a patient it will never read the critical testing phases drugs need to go through to get it out to the general public.

Why you ask?

Because this drug is very cheap to make, and apparently almost any lab could technically make it... In other words, as the title of this thread says "No profit, No way"

All i can say is this... this is completely disgusting behaviour!

And something should be done!!

But what?

edit on 2-9-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
CANCER = Money and less people to overpower the MAN..makes sense to me, but I DO NOT agree with it. I think if people started going back to organic products we wouldn't have to deal with any types of cancer.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Yeah, I heard about this not too long ago. It really pisses me off (to say the least) that people are denied this because it won't make rich people richer. My father is riddled with cancer and I've been trying to find a way to get a hold of this stuff for his sake, but to no avail so far. It's disgusting the way we treat each other. No one wants to help anybody if there is not anything in it for themselves. I hate humans.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I'm not surprised, and I don't think you should be either.
We've all suspected this for a while.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

And something should be done!!

But what?

Go order it from Amazon? (linky)

You're dang right I'll be self-medicating as needed if I ever get cancer...

EDIT:
I suppose I should clarify that somewhat. The drug companies won't ever provide it, and I doubt your doctor can prescribe it. But it's fairly commonly available otherwise in the general market. I believe universities use it and you can buy from chemical supply companies and the like as well, I think.
edit on 9/2/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Why instantly cure for $2 when you can treat for $1,000s for years?

It's definitely a crime against humanity. Profits have always been worth more than life.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Oh my god!
Thank you!!

Can't believe it's that simple!? On fricken amazon?! You rock, seriously!
edit on 9/2/2011 by FoJAk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoJAk
reply to post by Akragon

Yeah, I heard about this not too long ago. It really pisses me off (to say the least) that people are denied this because it won't make rich people richer. My father is riddled with cancer and I've been trying to find a way to get a hold of this stuff for his sake, but to no avail so far. It's disgusting the way we treat each other. No one wants to help anybody if there is not anything in it for themselves. I hate humans.

It says in the video this chemical can be made... Its called "Dichloroacetic"

Please! Find yourself a chemist, or a pharmisist and see if they can make it for you...

This is a horible disease that should be eliminated, i see what my clients go through every day so i understand.

I believe any Valid testing would help spread the fact that there might be a cure... if it works you could go to your local paper.... make an internet site... do whatever it takes.

I wish you and your father all the best, and keep your hopes up

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Very interesting, of course. There's a lot I don't know about it, so please allow me to wander a bit.

I agree with your feeling that something should be done, but isn't it a little hard to tell a company that they have to spend $100,000,000 and up to prove that the drug is useful for some purpose, then get absolutely no benefit from spending that amount? I'd be pretty irritated if my retirement plan had stock in a company that did that.

Sorry, I just can't find it disgusting. But, what to do? How about charging every company that sells drugs in the US to give some tiny percentage of their gross to a fund for orphan drug research. (My first inclination would be to let the industry run it, instead of the government.) Or, since it would help all Americans equally (or Canadians, or wherever), tax everybody in the country $3. Every income level, no exemptions.

Just a thought to start a discussion.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Im 100% sure that people dying because of this disease would be happy to test it for free...

I mean what do they have to lose?

Its already been used in humans so its not poison!! Just not for cancer treatment because theres no money to be made....

Wouldn't you agree?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FoJAk

I'd definitely recommend looking around at various sources to make sure you're getting quality and the real deal, but yeah.

Take care.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
there's meant to have been a cancer cure for longer than that, and in some ways it makes sense too...

don't know if i've posted enough to embed but i'll try

[youtube]v=MkCHrV6cCfw[/youtube] if that doesn't work it's:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I sypathize with the doctor in the video, but what company has $100million to spend on a project where none of the costs can be recouped? This is what institues and non profits are for.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Government agencies won't fund these tests because the pharmaceutical lobbyists will try everything in their power to prevent it. So much for the free market system.

Both the pharmaceutical companies and oil companies are holding the people of the world hostage. Cancer cures and new forms of energy will never see the light of day until we stop the corporate elite from putting greed before the quality of human life.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Dear Akragon,

Thanks, you're right that finding volunteers wouldn't be too hard, and you probably wouldn't have to pay them anything. You've got that part of the problem fixed, thanks again.

One or two other things, though. A test usually has a control group, as you know that means some people get the real drug and some get a dummy drug. I'd hate to be in the dummy drug group. But maybe we could do it without a control group and just see how many, if any, get better. I like that a little better, but the government won't approve a drug for use without jumping through hoops. The major part of the cost of the drug test is jumping through those hoops.

As with so many other things, we're going to have to change the way Washington bureaucrats do things.

Originally posted by Akragon

Its already been used in humans so its not poison!! Just not for cancer treatment because theres no money to be made....

Wouldn't you agree?

Here, I may be misunderstanding your thinking. I may be very naive, but I think if Washington said "go ahead and use it for cancer if you want, you won't have to pay for the trials," I really think the companies would make the pills up and ship it out, just like they do with asprin.

For the pharmaceutical executives (I think), the question is "If we're going to shell out really big money, what are we going to get for it."

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I think if Washington said "go ahead and use it for cancer if you want, you won't have to pay for the trials," I really think the companies would make the pills up and ship it out, just like they do with asprin.

Well im Canadian so i don't really know what you're government is thinking... regardless of what any government says its agenda is, theres always hidden ones... Lies & deciet... thats what government is about...

My question is, what makes you think Washington has anything to do with what gets released by the FDA and Big Pharma?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Well im Canadian so i don't really know what you're government is thinking...

My question is, what makes you think Washington has anything to do with what gets released by the FDA and Big Pharma?

*cocks head* The FDA is a US government agency, my friend.

By the way, go team Canada for the trials they're doing at Alberta University - thanks for leading the charge on some common-sense issues.

PS - now just quit importing the US's bad habits.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Here is another cure which is being suppressed. The video is very compelling and demands much further attention/research:

RUN FROM THE CURE - Full Version :

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by Akragon

Well im Canadian so i don't really know what you're government is thinking...

*cocks head* The FDA is a US government agency, my friend.

By the way, go team Canada for the trials they're doing at Alberta University - thanks for leading the charge on some common-sense issues.

PS - now just quit importing the US's bad habits.

I know what the FDA is man....

Notice i mentioned Washington in the same line?

I think "Big Pharma" extends to most countries honestly... Canada, USA and the like...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I know what the FDA is man....

Notice i mentioned Washington in the same line?

That's exactly what confused me, unless you were just being...ironic, for lack of a better term. WARNING - I can get very dense and naive on occasion. I may just be confusing myself over something obvious?

I think "Big Pharma" extends to most countries honestly... Canada, USA and the like...

Most definitely, friend, their reach is global. Take care.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join