It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you remember floating down the stairs?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Woah, I've actually had dreams of being able to bound down entire flights of stairs in one jump and had completely forgotten about it until reading this thread! Freaky! It's the same as others described, like walking on the moon looks. Take one big step and skip a whole flight, then land lightly at the bottom, repeat. I remember it being a little scary, like "am I really going to make it this time??"

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300

This is a funny post. When I was a child, I would have this dream ALOT. I would fall to sleep and dream I woke up and started to float. I would then float all over my house. The really strange thing is I would always wake up in the same location I was dreaming I was flying. Ex. If I was asleep dreaming I was floating through my kitchen and woke up, I would actually be laying in the floor in my kitchen. I never really thought about it too much and assumed that I was sleep walking. What do you think?

I've had that experience....where I was dreaming about being somewhere in the house, paralyzed and being held in place by a force....only to wake up in the exact location I was dreaming about. What IS that? Weird.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by RainbeauBleu

Originally posted by billy197300

This is a funny post. When I was a child, I would have this dream ALOT. I would fall to sleep and dream I woke up and started to float. I would then float all over my house. The really strange thing is I would always wake up in the same location I was dreaming I was flying. Ex. If I was asleep dreaming I was floating through my kitchen and woke up, I would actually be laying in the floor in my kitchen. I never really thought about it too much and assumed that I was sleep walking. What do you think?

I've had that experience....where I was dreaming about being somewhere in the house, paralyzed and being held in place by a force....only to wake up in the exact location I was dreaming about. What IS that? Weird.

There are only 3 logical options to that as far as I can tell:
1. I was sleepwalking.
2. I can actually float when I am asleep......
I am going with number 1

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

Why would you want to discuss something iff its šerfectly sane, reasonable, sensable, and mind you logical..

Stop fukin w people and tell them..

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by kera1337

Why would you want to discuss something iff its šerfectly sane, reasonable, sensable, and mind you logical..

Stop fukin w people and tell them..

I'm not sure what your point is -- sincerely, I don't understand the meaning of your post. Clearly, as you read this thread, you see many people expressing that they had this experience and had no idea many others did as well. Surely, that's precisely one of the best uses of a message board -- to discuss our various experiences and make connections between them, or find where they are dissonant.

Pushing my personal opinion of whether these memories were dreams, distorted perceptions while being carried, or actual magical experiences wasn't part of my intent, if that's what you're implying. I'm coming from a position of not being really interested in finding an answer to the question, but of wanting to discover and explore the answers other humans give to it.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by andriod

Was it my thread you read? We embarked on a ton of experiences, that was one of the many that came up. I would like to hear stories if anyone else can share an experience on this.

No, it was on the Fortean Times discussion board, I think, years ago. Other shared experiences included a mental image of two objects, one of which was infinitely small and the other infinitely large, which I haven't personally experienced but which many people reported having while falling asleep. I will definitely look for your thread.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
that is really weird.

my sister and i remember playing on the stairs, jumping from the top to the bottom and back up again, like a game. i wouldnt say flying or floating, but close.

anyway we always assumed it was a dream, but it was still really weird that we both had the same dream, and we hadnt mentioned it to each other until years later.

we did play on the stairs alot as kids though, sliding down them on pillows and other silly potentially dangerous games, lol so it seems like a normal extension of those activities in dreamland.
edit on 30-8-2011 by snarfbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

It was childhood memories, as far as I read, there was some pretty interesting stories from other members of ATS, along with my own.

EDIT to add: I don't mean to go off topic, and I apologize for it. There is a story in my thread that relates to floating down the stairs during childhood, it had me intrigued when the member posted it.
edit on 30/8/2011 by andriod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by andriod

It was childhood memories, as far as I read, there was some pretty interesting stories from other members of ATS, along with my own.

EDIT to add: I don't mean to go off topic, and I apologize for it. There is a story in my thread that relates to floating down the stairs during childhood, it had me intrigued when the member posted it.
edit on 30/8/2011 by andriod because: (no reason given)

No worries, not off topic at all. I found the thread here: Childhood Paranormal Memories and will read through it tomorrow. Thanks for the heads-up, I was away for a bit and missed it.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

Yeah that's more that I had. I could "jump" down the stairs by holding on the railing and using the to propel myself all the way downward.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
reply to post by SavedOne

Yeah that's more that I had. I could "jump" down the stairs by holding on the railing and using the to propel myself all the way downward.

There seem to be three major types, whether the reporting poster is talking about what they feel are dreams, distorted perceptions, or realities:

1. "Floating" style where the experience is fairly slow in motion, but feels as if one is simply descending down the stairs without effort or touching the ground
2. "Jumping/bounding" style where the experience involves the ability to jump from top to bottom or the feeling of a sudden intense effort producing what felt like gravity-defying, if not to the extent of flying, then of being in a sort of protective bubble
3. "Railing/wall" style where people recall (again, in their own various ways, as dreams, memories, whatever) being able to propel themselves through a series of intentional efforts down the stairs by using an object such as a railing or the wall as an anchor

It just occurred to me -- maybe I missed it, but I can't recall any instances where someone has reported having a memory, dream or perception of the same in reverse -- that is, it's always down the stairs, not up.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I used to have child-hood nightmares involving stairs.

The only one I can really remember was being at my auntie's house and climbing the stairs and getting halfway up trying to find my family - I could hear their voices upstairs, so I'd climb halfway up the stairs but then everything would get really cold and i'd find myself stuck, unable to climb up or down.

Then i'd hear the noises downstairs and i'd glance back up the stairs to see no trace of anyone, just complete darkness and I was terrified.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Ah, so there is at least one example involving moving up and not down the stairs, thank you for sharing that experience.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
...never had the floating down the stairs dream but i never lived in a two story house either... so, i'm wondering how many of you that had that dream lived in a house with stairs...

I think it depends on the location, here were I live, I´m wondering, is it not common to have stairs in a house? No joke.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
If it was indeed a dream it was a waking dream and an everyday event up until I was around 7 years of age.
Still doesn't explain why my mother used to go mad when I hit the hallway floor with quite a thud though.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
If it was indeed a dream it was a waking dream and an everyday event up until I was around 7 years of age.
Still doesn't explain why my mother used to go mad when I hit the hallway floor with quite a thud though.

So far, you're providing the strongest report of feeling this was a very real experience, and also the only person I've ever encountered who has a corroborating witness. Could you go into more detail? I don't mean to grill you, but it does seem like it's possible you were in fact having a waking/sleepwalking style dream and the thump came from tripping or falling, so I wonder if you have ruled out those possibilities or have some other explanation for your experience. Were there other events in your childhood that are hard to explain or unusual? If your mother is (hopefully) still with us, have you discussed it with her since you were a kid, found out what she recalls?

Sorry for all the questions, I just find this subject very interesting, though I try to avoid coming to any conclusions in general unless I'm very sure of them, so I'm not trying to push one viewpoint or another about your experience on you, just very curious about it.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

That is so weird! I remember I was about 5 or 6 and I was standing at the bottom of the stairs and I jumped the bottom 2 steps, then walked back up a bit and jumped the last 3 steps and thought to myself 'I wonder if I could jump them ALL?!' so I did but I don't think I floated. It was more like time slowed down while I was falling and gave the impression I was floating. The sound of the people in the livingroom deepend and slowed. I have never told anyone of this! Again, I'm glad I'm not alone in my experiences!

Also, I vaguely remember my deceased Nanna talking me through it.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Its a bit of a coincidence, since I had a dream last night I was in bed and was woken by lights out of the window. I discovered I could fly, so I first flew around the window, then flew down the stairs and flew around the living room. My dad was there (he has actually been dead for many years), and he didn't seem impressed.

Of course, since its Labour Day here, I also had a dream that I was going back to university and it was my first day back. I was looking for the registration office because I wanted to know what courses I was taking. Then I remembered that I hadn't received my marks from last year so I went to another office to find those. The woman at the desk seemed really impatient with me. She eventually told me that the professors posted the marks on their doors, so I went back to my old engineering building (which had been really expanded). It was really full of people and I found it hard to find my way. I went outside and walked through a commons and there were all sorts of groups of students having interesting conversations about topics like photography, etc.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

i recall levitating home from school when i was in elementary school.
it could have been a dream but i remember trying not to float to far in the air so that people wouldnt see me and think its weird.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Hmmm, I have had something like what you lot have been experiencing, though our house is not a 2 story house thus no stairs! lol.

I have this memory of somehow floating to my bed at night, for w/e reason I thought they were angels hehe, but out of all the vague memories I have as a child...that one is still with me.

Maybe it was "astral projection"???

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join