It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you remember floating down the stairs?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I remember as a young child around 4-5 years old being able to 'float' in my hallway. We had a long dark hallway with dark wood paneling. It was a recurrent dream and SO real. I was a frequent sleepwalker and I remember my mom woke me up once, and I was sitting in the hallway with my knees to my chest and my arms wrapped around them. I asked her about it later as an adult as I still remember these floating dreams. She remembers the night that she found me in the hallway sleeping rocking back and forth sitting just as described above. She said I gave her the heebie jeebies. So I wonder if the sleepwalking has something to do with the floating feeling.
Are any of you that have felt the floating feeling sleepwalkers or used to when you were young?

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Not only do I remember dreams of floating up & down my stairs as a child, I remember dreams of floating around areas I would normally walk. I would point my feet in the direction I wanted to go. The higher or lower I picked up my feet the faster or slower I would go

Not only that but I could will myself to float above my childhood neighborhood into the clouds. Nighttime or daytime. One time I floated above my neighborhood in my friends' parents EZ Boy recliner. That was a fantastic dream I can remember like it was just al minute ago.

This was way before Minecraft fly ability.

About two or three times a year I still have these dreams as an adult, sometimes in my old neighborhood and sometimes in other unknown places. Usually the desert or mountains. I love those dreams.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: sepermeru

I highly doubt we as humans can do that physically, but we can do it when we are out of body. If you don't remember leaving your body it is a very easy mistake to believe you did it physically. It feels that real.

But never say never - there might be those people who can do it physically. Who knows.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Jesus!

I remember having dreams where I was standing on the top of the stairs and suddenly I just jump down and I don't know if I float or I just fall, but this was a recurrent dream in my young days.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: this_is_who_we_are

When I was young, I did see what was after me it was the bouncy horse from the basement. But once I got back to my room, I could float anywhere I wanted after that. In my dreams......Maybe!

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: 5thousandfathomsdeep

I've had dreams of flying over my home city of Denver, but I was never terrified. It was awesome seeing everything exactly as it should've been from the air. It was daylight

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

But I'm just not sure if my dreams were memories

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: mnmcandiez

I have vivid memories of floating down stairs and eavesdropping on the grown ups. I also have a recollection of floating above my bed and watching myself sleep. It was enjoyable, wish I could still experience this. I was between 4 and 10 years old when it was happening.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BigEyes

Lots of kids could float-hover down stairs. Its not a a dream, maybe inspiration for dreams; its an ignored anomaly of independent angular gravity on a person's spine!

You know those spinning barrel rides at Six Flags that the floor drops out of? Not everyone sticks to the wall. Those rides might as well be a research station for anomalous angular gravity on the spine (yes everything you know about gravity is a lie, many martial arts sects embrace this fact.

Think moon walking + bumble bee flight. Now realise as a kid we could do this sitting down, laying down, forwards, backwards, etc

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: sepermeru>>> I used to have dreams where I'd be running across a field and suddenly step in a hole. Sometimes I'd be jolted awake by my leg kicking, other times I'd remain in the dream and become airborne . Other dreams had me suddenly being launched from a ferris wheel or off a roof or by a wind and I'd be airborne realizing I was going to die when I hit the ground. I never seemed to hit the ground though. I don't have those dreams any more, I wonder why? Now I do have occasional dreams where I can fly like a superhero but the flying is always disappointing. Like floating or barely flying above roof top level at a slow speed.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join