It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you remember floating down the stairs?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
When I was a toddler I used to sleepwalk down the stairs and be sure I was floating down them! My mom would always come downstairs and find me and told me I could not fly lol. That was the last time we had a house with stairs...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
i remember falling down the stairs...drunk (*_*)

but seriously,these sensations and memories are,obe's,"out of body experience",the soul is in the astral plain! where anything is possible...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I always had a memory of floating down the stairs of my grandmothers house at a young age with my cousin. Over the years I kind of forget about it and thought, "maybe it was a dream". One day after never talking about it to anyone, I was walking with my cousin who use to float with me. She looked at me and said, "do you remember when we use to float down the stairs?".
That's how I know it was real and not just a dream. We never spoke about it after we did it until that time which was like 15 years later. My memory is fuzzy but I remember after doing it a few times we mentioned it to an adult in the house. He laughed and said it was impossible. I don't remember doing it after that.
Maybe it caused some sort of mental block?

I want to know my past. I want to know how I did this and if I can learn how to do it again. If anyone knows anything or has any info give me a shout.

Shane_2887@hotmail.com

Thanks

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
You may be interested in an unusual experience I had last night.

I had just fallen asleep when I found myself in the bathroom looking at my reflection. My face morphed into someone else, then I floated out onto the landing and got flung against the far wall where I stayed suspended and squashed for a few seconds.

Then I floated backwards, and stopped in front of the bathroom door where I had a view of the bottom of the stairs. There was a girl there in a blue gothic dress, but the view was blurred and I couldn't make her out. But my firm impression was that I was having an out of body experience, and this girl was directing it by flinging me about like a puppet on a string.

I consider this the 2nd OOBE that I've had, both times required an outside agency to be present.

After introducing herself, she then, I assume, directed the most incredible experience of living the life of the person whose face I saw in the bathroom mirror. I was awake, free to move, opened my eyes at will to view my room, knew I was dreaming and could switch the vision on or off at will.

Still considering the impact and meaning of it all, and waiting to see what might follow.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
this floating and flying feeling, might also be the way that we subconsciously deal with and over come our very real fear of falling down the stairs...i think that is whats going on here and why it happens to so many people...

and if someone says that they grew up in a house without an upstairs.but still has the memory of this feeling.well then they surely must have been a stairway somewhere that they were exposed to and had to face.were warned about and had to look up or down at a stairway from the frightened perspective of a little child......like the cellar stairs or stairs at a relatives house...

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I really think this subject needs researching further. First let me tell you about my experience, I was 7/8 years old playing in my room one afternoon when my mother called for me to bring down dirty pots, I placed 2 bowls and 2 large glass tumblers on a tray and set of, on taking the first step on the stairs i slipped head first when suddenly my body defied the laws of gravity and i began to float, not only did my body shift so i was upright i also landed safely with tray and pots still in tact. Iv only ever told a few girlfriends over the years and we've just laughed it of, but recently i dreamed the exact events that took place, i thought that's strange and went to look up the dream on the net..i was surprised to find this or similar as happened to hundreds of people! So lets start by dissecting events, was this just a dream i had as a child too? No, i told my mum at the time and she remembers it well. Also when it happened i didn't feel scared or frightened i was very peaceful, it was as if it happened in slow motion. Was it a guardian angel? in my view no..Why would a guardian angel save a kid from having injury's from a stair fall when there's millions of kids in greater need of help? How about this theory people... being a child i had never experienced a massive adrenalin rush may be till this event,,, the rush giving me a sense of euphoria or floating, this still don't explain how i landed on my feet unharmed. Please tell me of any similar event you may have had and what you think caused it. I really do think this subject needs looking into more so any information would be grateful. Thankyou for reading.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sepermeru
Some time ago on another discussion board, I remember viewing a long thread where people related memories of being able to gently float or fly down stairs as children. Now, it's quite easy to 'debunk' the idea that they actually defied gravity if you know how mutable memory is and how a child being carried might have the sensation of floating, but it was still interesting to me how many people shared the experience and in what ways. Some reported dreams rather than memories, but the theme of floating or flying up and down stairs in a way which felt effortless yet sensorily persuasive was prevalent, and I just find it interesting from a psychological point of view. But I put it in this area because I reckoned people would jump to the magical places pretty fast no matter what I wrote up here...

I used to have dreams all the time about floating down stairs. I never thought anything of it, but this thread makes me wonder.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Me too. had a recurring dream most of my childhood of floating down the stairs.

And a few times as an adult.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
I posted this in a thread about a recurring dreamscape:

I don't have a memory of past dreams while dreaming. I think the physical sensation in the dream when I'm floating is that of contracing my muscles, mostly my core muscles in the abdomen, while leaning slightly forward and then I just seem to "lift off". I level off just a couple feet from the ground, still in a vertical standing position, and still leaning slightly forward. I begin to float/glide forward while looking at the people around me. This, as I recall takes place outdoors on a sidewalk. The people aound me don't seem to notice or perhaps I just think they don't notice when in actuality they do, but they don't think it's unusual. Either way, they do not respond to my floating.

As for the other dream, the feeling is definatly a feeling of speed and inertia. Not a feeling of space bending around me.

Who else seems to go to the same place every night in their dreams?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 8/29/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: oops

This is just the strangest feeling because I read the entire thread in awe that so many people have experienced the same type of things. I know some of what I remember are dreams. But I can relate to the above post and the "core muscles" being needed to begin levitating. I used to look forward to going to bed so I could "fly". But I also remember as a young child, jumping in slow motion or floating down the stairs with my brother. We would do this over and over, never quite going at full speed. We took turns gently floating above the steps at a pace just fast enough to be exhilarating, but slow enough to land safely. I swear this is a memory though, not a dream. I need to ask my brother about this. Great thread.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

I posted here before a few times on page one, I believe, and whenever I see this thread resurface... well... it's a spooky feeling - remembering the dreams.

There's something I didn't mention in my previous posts, as it's hard to describe, but I'll try to relate it here:

A few people have described the feeling of being chased by some unseen presence and their subsequent "escape" by floating/fleeing down stairs. I have also experienced this in these "dreams" or whatever they are.

I never see what's after me, but when geting away I am in a stairwell with multiple landings, and it's more than just floating: I'm vertical, in a standing position, but either leaning forward or leaning backward slightly, and the momentum or speed with which I try to escape from the unseen what-ever-it-is is such that as I litterally fly down the stairs I reach out and grap the bannister or railing at the bottom of each flight of stairs and whip myself around the landing while holding the rail and fly down the next flight, and the next, and the next.

I feel the centrifugal force as I swing around each landing in the stairwell. Sometimes my feet slide over the risers of the stairs. Sometimes I'm completely in the air. But it's the grabbing of the handrail at the bottom of each landing to swing myself around to go down the next flight that seems to be a way to go faster. And I really shoot down and around the landings. But I always feel like I won't get away from what ever is after me.

I still have these dreams every so often. Maybe a couple or three times a year. This whole thing continues to freak me out. even more so knowing other people are experiencing the same thing.

Anyone else have experiences with the grabbibg of the railings at each landing? Being able to increase the speed with which you float/fly/flee?

Of all the subjects and threads on ATS, this one has to be one of the most compelling for me.

edit on 10/27/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typos

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Sepermeru .. very interesting read that goes beyond a plausible explanation for what happened to you, iv recently been having correspondence with a Dr Gregg Korbon and with your permission would like to send your thread? He's conducting a study of paranormal events and i think this will be of interest. Thanks
edit on 28-10-2011 by Carter11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Carter11

Public board, friend, you're free to send links to whomever you please. I don't know about the supernatural part myself, but some of the other posters on this thread would surely be interested in your friend, I believe.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Hi,

new user so please excuse my posting ignorance

i have to say, the title of this post made my f*cking hair stand up

i joined yesterday but Ive been lurking for a few months because of curiosity and some new perplexing memories or dreams.

i have memories of exiting my crib nightly to go to the top of the stairs to fly. now the interesting thing is that these particular memories are not new to me, did not come in dream form. i always remembered this and just accepted it as something i imagined as a child
these memories have never been strange to me and i actually discussed this as a kid with my mum in the same kind of way i also told her i was one of santa's reindeer
so i asked her recently if she remembers me talking to her about this; and she said yes
So anyways to try and shorten this post, its not childhood nighttime stair aviation that brings me here.....

about two months ago i suddenly during the day had this ...i dunno "mental image"? out of NOWHERE. It was strange and confusing and somewhat difficult to explain, but i distinctly remember an incubator (not vats of fluid), but an incubator. this image is really reoccurant now. I just have this persistant feeling that these two memories or dreams are related

so my question is: do any of you stair drifters remember incubators? or have any association an incubator with floating down the stairs in anyway?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Anyone else have experiences with the grabbibg of the railings at each landing? Being able to increase the speed with which you float/fly/flee?

For me, definitely yes, this is a central part of my memories involving stairs with landings and railings -- that it was possible to control the motion by swinging on/grabbing/bouncing off of the railing and corners.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Yes!!! Now I have read many accounts of dreams of floating down the stairs as a youngster, but my recollections are purely based in reality. I have vivid memories of jumping down my stairwell as a child and it being a sensation of almost floating to a landing. Now this was not an etheral type of floating, just a subdued landing. Such as, that if I tried jumping from the same height of stairs today as an adult, I would surely kill myself or be taken to hospital with SERIOUS injury.

I wonder if the mere thought that it was possible to land such a jump, gives credence to the result that I survived?
Is this some kind of Jedi Mind Sh*t? Very cool thread my friend. Good to know that others think alike and have had similar experiences.

edit on 30-10-2011 by Goldcurrent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
can honestly say i've never had that experience.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Wow what? I often think about this 'memory' but I just always assumed I was mis-remembering something and never thought much more of it.

I never thought much more of it because I simply thought it was unlikely anybody else had this what I assumed silly mix up in my mind, Clearly by this thread I am wrong and it is much more common than I thought.
Here's the thing, I don't have memories of floating down the stairs as in being carried, I have memories of floating down the stairs a couple of inches above the steps upright.
I don't know why its quite a strong memory because I was convinced I was just remembering things that happened in a dream or something.

One other thing is I seem to remember the last time this happened was when I was about 11 maybe and I remember telling my sisters and they just rolled their eyes at me and put it down to my often at times wild imagination, I recall doing it in the daytime, down their stairs (we had 3 floors, 2 sets of stairs) and I never slept on the top floor so it wasn't me coming down the stairs half asleep or being carried down (I was too big at this point) and being half asleep so confused, and if I am remembering rightly I actually intended to float down the stairs ala superman style where he floats upright.

Odd maybe semi-related point is this happened right around the age I saw a UFO with my neighbour (undeniably undebunkable even by today's known technology), was the two events related? I have no idea.
Cool topic and I am glad I aren't the only one because it always bugged me why this memory was so strong in my memory bank.

When I was much younger (in the house before the UFO and stairs) I had a 'dream' that I was flying in what I told my mum 'the care bears car in the clouds' (I was 6-7 maybe?), This was obviously the easiest point of reference for me to relate to what I had experienced as I obviously had no idea what UFO's was, I knew it had happened during the night and was eager to tell my mum of the dream I'd had, I still remember the look of her face when I described the flight, being able to see everything in the dark and point down the road to a place I had never been before in my life and said "there are farmers fields and there is a tractor in one of the 'square fields' about 4 or 5 fields/farms down and some other details about barns and things, I remember the tractor because the loader arm thing at the front had been left in the air for some reason.
I know its not really directly related but I just thought I would throw that in there because I can't see me posting it again, its all childhood memories anyway.

Originally posted by GoldcurrentI have vivid memories of jumping down my stairwell as a child and it being a sensation of almost floating to a landing

This, yes, definitely this very thing. Clearing 13-14 steps in a simple confident step into mid air and in one stride making it to the bottom, I don't recall going up stairs like this though.

I would appreciate it if a mod could embed this gif.
edit on 21-11-2011 by keepithush because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
My elder brother and I, both had a dream that we held hands and floated down the stairs together, on the same night. I was 5 and he was six at the time.

I still have dreams of flying around my room about once a week. The difference between my childhood dreams and those I experience now, are as a child, I felt I was flying. As an adult, at the beginning, I feel as if I am flying, then I realise I am being held and towed by spirits.

It makes me wonder what really does happen to our souls while we sleep

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I have memories of floating down the stairs as a child and these memories are shared with my sister, though we never did it together.

I cant remember much detail, I only have a memory of standing at the top of the stairs and floating down. I dont think this memory is a dream as it has a kind of "real" feel to it, but its a bit of a strange thing to remember doing.

I cant believe so many people share this memory, its so strange. It must have something to do with the innocence of childhood and the feeling of being free and able to do what ever you want to do. Also the lack of fear and consiquences of doing such a silly thing may somehow make it possible.

I struggle to recall childhood memories but this is one I have always had.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I've had these dreams, and they definitely are dreams. But I still occasionally get similar dreams now.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join