It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you remember floating down the stairs?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by chriz00

You bring up a very interesting point -- not everyone had stairs in their home, so do such people have memories of dreams or experiences or what have you involving other people's homes instead?

My personal stair-floating images --- whatever the heck they are, whether dreams or distorted perceptions or some kind of mysterious unknown force accessible only to children, I really couldn't say -- come almost entirely from my grandparents' house, where there were multiple landings and floors, though I did live in a two-story duplex with a simple straight staircase at the same time and have no images about floating or leaping about them.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

Holy #,i had them dreams as a child as well,never thought about it before until i seen this thread,S+F,
i think it was usually during a nightmare where i had to get down stairs as quickly as possible then would just float down,weird!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

That's SO fluxing weird this thread is on ATS.

When I was younger, I have an extremely vivid memory of jumping from the upstairs landing into the downstairs hallway with a small paper bag, and being fine. Like a parachute. (I think the inspiration came from my grand pa, who was a para up until the 80s!).

I was just telling some pals about it a week ago. S&F!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by VraxUK

Excellent, yours is now only the second account I've heard of going UP rather than DOWN. What this could mean, I do not know -- I'm just curious about the patterns emerging, and interested in how many people share similar memories/dreams/X=whatever without knowing they do.

Oh, oops, I misread you at first, you weren't going up. Still, thanks for adding to the collection of tales very much! The paper bag is an interesting addition.
edit on 12-9-2011 by sepermeru because: edit saves me when I stray

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Haha easy mistake.

Even now I remember doing it over and over and over for fun, and in my memory it felt like I floated down like I was actually parachuting. Strange.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I guess it's just a coincidence that they always do it when there are no adults around to witness this inexplicable feat...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFlash
I guess it's just a coincidence that they always do it when there are no adults around to witness this inexplicable feat...

I guess you didn't read the thread. One, many people are not reporting what they think of as real experiences, but dreams they didn't realize many other people had as well. Two, several people who think differently -- who feel they did have some kind of supernatural experience -- have in fact claimed adult or other witnesses. Three, since the first post I've been encouraging this thread to be a place where people who are certain these were dreams or distorted perceptions as well as those who believe in magical or unknown forces can all share stories.

Swing and a miss, slugger, better next luck time.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sepermeru

Originally posted by TheFlash

I guess you didn't read the thread. One, many people are not reporting what they think of as real experiences, but dreams they didn't realize many other people had as well. Two, several people who think differently -- who feel they did have some kind of supernatural experience -- have in fact claimed adult or other witnesses. Three, since the first post I've been encouraging this thread to be a place where people who are certain these were dreams or distorted perceptions as well as those who believe in magical or unknown forces can all share stories.

Swing and a miss, slugger, better next luck time.

Ouch - cut me to the quick with that rapier retort. However will I sleep tonight...?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Very bizarre.. I have a vivid memory, not a dream but a memory, of walking down the stairs, putting my hands on the bottom platform rail and my legs slowly raising behind me til almost parallel, then just floating. I'll never forget it, it was as real as anything.. Was just talking about it a few months ago actually..

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Kids think they are floating around all the time. Sometime they trip on things because they forget theres feet down there

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
OBE"S - out of body experiences.welcome to the astral plane, where there is no pain,tears or death and anything is possible. i have weird memories and strange sensations of being able to levitate at will and jump high into the air in slow motion,really weird > en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 12-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
My house didn't have stairs

Though I do remember as a kid always having dreams of falling and flying and such. I wonder why that is?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
A good share

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Cant say I ever recall fealing that way, then agian I never lived in a two story house eaither so I was never around stair cases much

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
we feel these floating,flying feelings because our souls are temporarily breaking free of the chains of this materialistic reality. where we enter altered states of consciousness and voyage into higher dimensions,perhaps the fourth,where we will travel to and stay when death arrives.i think there are heavenly and hellish dimensions awaiting us and we are shown previews of both in our dreams and nightmares.the love or hate that we express towards eachother here in the material realm,will determine which reality we enter into when we die and they await us all and are only a breath away...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
This is too WEIRD my friends!
YES, I have clear memories of being a very young boy jumping down a flight of stairs. I remember it all so well, and yet I was so young. The stairs went from our kitchen into the basement, and I can describe in detail the surroundings, even though I was about 3 when we moved from there. It was a full flight of stairs, vinyl flooring with metal edges. Never once was I hurt, and my memories are literally coasting down, without touching any of the steps, and landing comfortably in the bean bag chair I positioned at the bottom of the stairs. I used to do this all the time as a child. I recall it as if its a memory, and not a dream. I have a lot of memories of that house, which I guess is unusual for someone so young.
On occasion Ill bring this memory into my mind again, and wonder how that was even possible. Theres no way!?!
Ive always wondered about it, and never really shared it because I would just look stupid I figured. Flippin' crazy that theres a thread regarding this.
What does it mean??? Perhaps when I have children, Ill tell them about my experience with this, while theyre very young, and install a hidden camera to find out once and for all if children actually do this.
The last experience I have of this was when I was about 8 years old, I jumped down a flight stairs using a plastic grocery bag as a parachute. I dont know if I made it all the way down (as that cant really be possible). I wonder if I felt a yearning to relive the floating sensation I felt as a child. Too weird. I actually have better memories of doing this as a toddler, than as an 8 year old.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by EliThebrave

Thanks for adding your story to the collection. It's fascinating to me the variety between tales that nevertheless share a common thread. I'm curious what cultures where stairs are never used or seen...wherever they may be, I'm sure there must be some...translate their childhood memories/perceptions/etc into instead?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
OK, the only time I have ever discussed this with anyone was when I was in grade school. I was in grade 4 i think and I told my friend my secret, "that I could fly". She then told me she could too, then she began to airplane around the school yard. I then realized that was something to never tell anyone because it was not normal. Strange thing is
I remember flying down the stairs, flying outside, playing hide and go seek and flying to an awesome hiding spot and kids asking me how I got up there. Anyhow, these memories are still so real to me. I remember focusing my energy and I would start to lift off the ground. I even remember as I got older it got harder and harder to do and I needed to focus so much energy that after I lifted off the ground I was so tired and sore. All these memories are only memories now but it's still weird to have them, and so vividly too. I decided to look up these memories on the web tonight, glad I came across this site. Glad i'm not the only one with strange memories.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I only have one memory of me floating down the stairs. It happened when I was about six years old, I can still picture myself gently floating down the stairs into the hallway and then just walking into the living room where my parents were sitting. As a kid, I always thought it really happened but later I wrote it off as a dream.

But, reading this thread, maybe it wasn't a dream after all...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
If you remember floating down the stairs there are two possibilities.

One you are recalling an out of body experience or two, you actually levitated down the stairs Both are very possible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join