It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you remember floating down the stairs?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

I have memories like that too.

I used to wake (or feel that I was awake) with a dark, dynamic translucent shape in the room. It would grab me round the waist and pull me out of my body and try to pull me out through the wall.

It would shake me around and I would be terrified.

The feeling would kick off with a full body vibration...I would be screaming in my sleep...

Hated those experiences.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I think I remember dreams in which I was being chased or something and I would jump from the top to the bottom and land unhurt...
I may have other memories of believing I could do this in real life, but it was so long ago. Interesting thread

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

Was it my thread you read? We embarked on a ton of experiences, that was one of the many that came up. I would like to hear stories if anyone else can share an experience on this.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I used to have a lot of dreams/thoughts. I remember as a child trying to re-learn to fly because somewhere in my past/probably dreams I had before. Now I know they were probably dreams, but they were very real and had a big impact on me. I remember waking up depressed because I couldn't fly. I remember spending hours concentrating so I could fly like in the dreams.

Does it mean anything? I really doubt it. Children can still understand a metaphor. Either way, it doesn't matter. I wish I had dreams like that still, or actually learned to fly like them.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by adraves

I too had the same experiences. When I first started to fly in my dreams it was hard. I had to actually learn how to. Why would I need to learn in my dreams? I would have to let myself go. It was the up and down that was hard. I guess it was more like floating. As the years went by I was able to control it better whenever I had the dreams. Now I don't seem to have those dreams anymore. Getting old I guess.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
When i was a child, after watching superman i tried to fly down the stairs. It was very painfull, when i hit the bottem.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
i have done this twice from memory, the feeling of floating down the stairs and another time was floating down the street, both were when i was a kid, however i knew for a fact they were dreams.

both seemed real and both were spot on interms of objects and enviorment to the place i was living and the surronding area, if it were not for the fact i were floating, i could of woke up convinced i must of sleep walked those nights.

are people sure they are not just remembering dreams as a kid? or is that what this is about? some people seem to be talking about actually floating whilst awake.
edit on 30-8-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
reply to post by adraves

I too had the same experiences. When I first started to fly in my dreams it was hard. I had to actually learn how to. Why would I need to learn in my dreams? I would have to let myself go. It was the up and down that was hard. I guess it was more like floating. As the years went by I was able to control it better whenever I had the dreams. Now I don't seem to have those dreams anymore. Getting old I guess.

Nice to hear I am not alone. I never really told anyone that I thought I could fly for awhile. I believed I could but never told anyone. Maybe the dreams were just that real back then. At the same time, I also had some of the worst nightmares of my life too. I think we just experience our subconscious more as children (and we do and there are studies..boo). I would much rather think the dream loss is because I am jaded and not getting old.

I miss dreaming. The nightmares were worth it.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

As time moves on memory fades. Some thoughts and dreams in childhood are so strong they lead memories that are not really there. I feel that we are remembering dreams and not actually doing or remembering correctly.

IE: I remember cralling around the floor in my grandparents house from a third party perspective. Like I was watching myself. Well it turns out there was a video of me doing just that, and I probably saw it when I was really young and didn't quit understand until later. It is essentially a false memory.

Also how many times do people argue about perception on a single event? We hate to admit it, but our own memories are extremely biased and misguided. The darn things lie to us!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
...never had the floating down the stairs dream but i never lived in a two story house either... so, i'm wondering how many of you that had that dream lived in a house with stairs...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

i have dreams all the time where i can do this...very realistic too

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I lived in a 2nd story house. And I remember trying to actually try to "fly" down the stairs when I got older and couldn't do it so I thought to myself it was only something I was only possible to do when really young.

A lot of dreams seemed extremely real to me as a really young child though. I remember talking to my Grandma about one and she had no clue what I was talking about. Then I realized it was just a dream, I thought it actually happened until I mentioned it to her. (as a child)

I haven't thought about this in a long time, nice thread tho

edit on 8/30/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/30/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Didn't have a flying experience as a child, but what did happen to me was this- see post by "bargoose"
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 30-8-2011 by bargoose because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Weird....I have very vivid memories of this from early childhood, being able to float down the stairs and also rise up and touch the ceiling, at the time it seemed very real to me. I've not thought much of it since that time, thinking I was alone and having folded my superman outfit away.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Once. And it was falling out of the top bunk when I was 5 or 6, then floating to the floor. My memory of that is extremely clear, and if you ask me at the proper moment, I'll tell you it really happened. Despite what the adult me "knows". Very odd.

edit on 8/30/2011 by macFiachna because: Forgot a detail.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I have very vivid memories of dreams of which i was floating down the stairs, only it was a very devastating dream. I remember hating the dream becuase it was terrifying floating down the stairs and it seemed like i had no control over how long or how fast i floated. I also had dreams as a child where i was flying above cities and towns with my hands bound unable to control the speed or direction in which i was flying. Still weirds me out to this day.

-5TFD

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Floating down stairs? hmmm can't say I've done it, but maybe there is something to that, you know mind over matter and all that jazz?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Not flying.

But I definitely used to run full speed down the stairs. Maybe it was just because I was smaller..

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Really cool idea for a thread, sepermeru.

I do remember having dreams like this and they were very vivid.

I would fly gently down the stairs at my grandmother's house. One odd feature of the dreams was that I seemed to be able to do it over and over again to my hearts content. I have memories of variations on this dream occurring several times probably until I was about 12 or 13.

Thanks for asking. Have a good day.

edit on 30-8-2011 by Frater210 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Some dreams can be extremeley realistic, and meddle with the newly forming memory of a child.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join