It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SO MUCH FOR DOOMSDAY: Comet Elenin breaking apart...

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marlow

That's not quite correct, it depends on the size of these fragments. If the comet disintegrates into a very big number of very small fragments then the sun wind would have a noticable effect on the particles. For example a comet's dust tail consists of a very large number of very small "fragments" and the dust tail of a comet clearly does not follow the same orbit as the core of the comet.

This brings to mind Newtons Laws of Motion.

Source 1
Source 2

If you notice by your presented illustration, the gases and tail particles are ejected from the comet. However, if a comet were to split, the fragments, according to Newtons Laws, would continue along the same velocity and path as the parent object.

-saige-
edit on 30-8-2011 by saige45 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by saige45

That's not quite correct, it depends on the size of these fragments. If the comet disintegrates into a very big number of very small fragments then the sun wind would have a noticable effect on the particles. For example a comet's dust tail consists of a very large number of very small "fragments" and the dust tail of a comet clearly does not follow the same orbit as the core of the comet.

This brings to mind Newtons Laws of Motion.

Source 1
Source 2

If you notice by your presented illustration, the gases and tail particles are ejected from the comet. However, if a comet were to split, the fragments, according to Newtons Laws, would continue along the same velocity and path as the parent object.

-saige-
edit on 30-8-2011 by saige45 because: (no reason given)

so we have two deadly pieces coming at us now? Lol, J/k although maybe some. who knows

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ezzedeen
reply to post by bjsmi2

Oh no, now what will vonhelton and terral03 and the gang do now. Sheesh, now they're going to have to cook up another doomsday scam. I hope they come up with something new this time. I'm really tired of dying from comets, brown dwarfs, raptured, infected with deadly flu virus, or to die from aliens or thrown into FEMA camps. I"m thinking they need to check into cow farts. There are so many the atmosphere might become saturated with methane and someday someone will light a match and BOOM, the whole world will blow up.

Just heard on the news today an elderly woman in Fla got the Swine flu-H1N1 after visiting California.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz

Originally posted by WhiteHat
Ouch! This must hurt!

Now I would give anything to see the faces of the Elenin-Nibiru-end-of-the-world supporters; there it goes the last hope

Is this confirmed somewhere else?
edit on 29-8-2011 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

Because, cleary, this was the only threat to our civilization, right?
- not 168x the normal level of radiation, leaking from Fukishima
- not an unsustainable debtors economy
- not World War III brought about by accident or on purpose due to nuclear detonation
- not the inevitable food & water shortage that is around the corner
- not the unrbelievable but very real climate change that is painstakinly evident
- not dangerous solar activity like CME or solar flares (coupled with iono-/manetosphere changes)
- not earthquakes that seem to be picking up in frequency, magnitude, and weird locations.

Nope, just a comet.

Whew. Tragedy averted. Fantastic.

Wow it must be such a relief to you to be able to cross one of these off that list of yours huh?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ezzedeen
reply to post by bjsmi2

I'm really tired of dying from comets, brown dwarfs, raptured, infected with deadly flu virus, or to die from aliens or thrown into FEMA camps.

Don't worry, you will die from your own stupidity combined with the intelligence of life. (Don't take that personally, I would say that to anybody.) I can absolutely guarantee it.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by lkpuede

You have a distorted sense of reality when it comes to what the Prophesy entails! The Hopi are just as much a victim of "Society" as we all are, maybe perhaps more so since all Native Americans were placed in situations beyond their control.

As for Today's Native "plight", this might be a foundation of which we all recognize regardless of race, creed, or color, in any neighborhood. Wake up!

I think your statement is generalized aimed at disarming the "Truth" rather than enlightening this thread! Seriously, think about the Hopi, think about the Navajo, think about any other indigenous population who has been forced to endure a lifestyle which is not Native, then think about your statement and realize you are not able to make a rational judgment based on your biased nature.

Sorry, but you are wrong, the Prophesy has nothing to do with the situation of Society but the situation of a Natural cycle of Change. To not recognize that Mankind has gone through the Ages and how each Age represents itself is a failing on your part; because that is what the Blue Star is telling us, as he is the "messenger" or "harbinger" of what is to come, not the Hopi People and certainly not you!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Old77
reply to post by Phage

I am really sick of you already. Your a mod for "above top secret" and you do nothing but harp on other people views and opinions or theories. Can you go jump off a cliff or learn to be nice and or not such an ass?

Phage is not a moderator but I do believe he is some kind of god around here. There seems to be an entire parrish dedicated to the church of Phage. Don't know the answer? I know lets get Phage, he knows everything. Or so it seems.
The comet, just an every day comet is disintergrating as it approaches the sun. It has happened before and I am throwing out this prediction that is will happen again. It never was a threat and now it is even less of a threat. Or the comet just joined Nutra System and the pounds are just melting off.
edit on 30-8-2011 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

What is the source of that? Thats funny. Want to read more of it.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by saige45

This would only be correct if the sun was a cold star, but the sun is hot and ejects particles which have an impulse. These particles colide with the dust particles and accelerate the dust away from the sun.
en.wikipedia.org...

Originally posted by Red_xi
This is by far the BEST Elenin thread ever to grace this board.

Please burn up, disintegrate, just do whatever the hell it takes to disappear from our solar system and the minds of all the retards who cry'' DOOM DOOM DOOM!''

Enlightenment shall be granted when the current topics are devoid of the word ELENIN!

Did you read what I wrote: In fact, the disintegration made Elenin more dangerous.

Today is still 12 days before Elenin gets closest to sun, so it will continue to disintegrate the next 3 weeks, probably it will totally disintegrate so that there will be nothing left than dust. But only the dust is, what makes Elenin potentially dangerous because only the dust has the potential to reach earth.

Here is what happend with comet C/1999 S4 (LINEAR) at 07/26 2000 when it was closest to sun (0.765 AU):

On July 27, ground-based observers lost sight of the bright core of the comet and suggested that the nucleus disintegrated into a pile of dust.

Read more here: science.nasa.gov...

When you compare the trajectory of C/1999 S4 with that of Earth around 07/26 2000 you will see that it never could have posed any danger to earth:
ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

However when you compare the trajectory of Elenin and Earth you will see that the 2 bodies fly almost parallel in the same plane for several weeks with the tail of Elenin directly pointing at Earth, this means we will get "sprayed" with the remains of Elenin.
ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...
The question is, how much material will be comming to Earth and could this constitute any danger, but this is something what should not be guessed, but calculated. So if anyone has the means and the time to calculate this, I would be happy to hear of it.

Worst case scenario is this (but I think we will not get that much):

An hour-long hailstorm from space bombarded the Earth 13,000 years ago - plunging the planet into a mini-ice age, scientists claimed today.

The catastrophe was caused by a disintegrating comet and saw the planet sprayed by thousands of frozen boulders made of ice and dust.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I guess Elenin is 'The Blue Kachina'. Some kind of blue light across the sky that will be a sign of The New World coming. Times of purification, cleansing. I can feel it. I really feel throughout my body and soul that we are near something very special. The body and soul of an individual is a reflection of the body and soul of the Earth.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowalker

Originally posted by LeeOben
Deep down inside of each of us, we all want doomsday to happen.
Thats why we're all here reading these forums and searching the web for signs of the nearing end.
I have to ask a question to everyone here... what then if it NEVER happens?
What if our entire lives are wasted, waiting?
edit on 30-8-2011 by LeeOben because: grammar

Fear addiction is the one common link everyone here has. The let down hormones and chems are the drug. No different than horror movie fans. We just get to comment and discuss.

Is that why at age 54 I still love roller coasters? I cannot get enough of them. None are too high or too steep or too fast!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
The comet, just an every day comet is disintergrating as it approaches the sun. It has happened before and I am throwing out this prediction that is will happen again. It never was a thread and now it is even less of a threat. Or the comet just joined Nutra System and the pounds are just melting off.

It's funny how people dismiss things by saying 'it has happened before - it will happen again'. Of course! The same goes for the collapse of civilizations, geological changes and destruction of planets. It has happened before and will happen again!
No matter how much you delude yourselves so you can feel safe and comfortable it's not for sure it won't happen it your lifetime. You think a 'doomsday' is impossible because you make of it something special. But it's not - from universal point of view it's something quite normal and natural. But to see it you have to get out of the egocentrism you're stuck in. (I mean all people, not you personally, karen61057)
edit on 30-8-2011 by ElevenFlint because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
GODD--MIT!!!

AGAIN I killed all my new neighbors, turned them into jerky, and bought a helmet to prepare for the end of the world, and YET AGAIN, its a flop!

Seriously, I figure 3-4 more of these end is nigh senarios pass by and I am going to seriously start considering using skepticism!!!

anyhow, at least I am prepared for Nibiru next year with all the neighbor jerky..might even get some new neighbors to make more.

and its a cool helmet

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Well it seems HAARP is good for sumthin'.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
(that was a mistake, mods please delete this post)
edit on 30-8-2011 by ElevenFlint because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorKarma
reply to post by bjsmi2

Unfortunately, what was a Slug of a Planet has now been turned into Double Odd Buck Shot, any of the fragments of which can still do serious damage to the earth so, don't get too happy too quick, something..some doom..some consequence is still coming and unavoidable. Time continues to speed up and nothing has been fixed; just delayed.

Pheew, thats good to know.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Marlow

Interesting theory but it's not talking about cometary dust. It's talking about large fragments. Fragments too large to be affected by the solar wind.

The catastrophe was caused by a disintegrating comet and saw the planet sprayed by thousands of frozen boulders made of ice and dust.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Maybe the next time around (11,000 years or so) not this time.

edit on 8/30/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Did you read what I wrote: In fact, the disintegration made Elenin more dangerous.

Today is still 12 days before Elenin gets closest to sun, so it will continue to disintegrate the next 3 weeks, probably it will totally disintegrate so that there will be nothing left than dust. But only the dust is, what makes Elenin potentially dangerous because only the dust has the potential to reach earth.

my...GOD!
We are going to get hit by...dust!

Quick, everyone..to the stores and buy a swiffer sweeper, and some of those hairy balls on a stick

-kicks his air ionizer up to medium-

Seriously dude...dust...dust is..dust
You think the earth will somehow be doomed because we get a bit of dust? not following this logic at all...if dust = catastrophic end of earth, my shelves should be considered weapons of mass destruction (dustruction?)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorKarma
Time continues to speed up and nothing has been fixed; just delayed.

This worried me, so I timed time
Glad to report that 10 seconds still takes 10 seconds.

I checked this by watching a second clock, and making sure it didn't skip a second or two...I did a control also by having a broken watch there.
the results were that the seconds didn't skip any seconds, and the broken watch is still broken...I guess time decided to slow down to time again during this experiment...so will check later on to confirm...also if someone else could reproduce these results, that would be helpful.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Seriously dude...dust...dust is..dust
You think the earth will somehow be doomed because we get a bit of dust? not following this logic at all...if dust = catastrophic end of earth, my shelves should be considered weapons of mass destruction (dustruction?)

Depends on what is in the dust, here some ideas:

The amino acid glycine, a fundamental building block of proteins, has been found in a comet for the first time

www.reuters.com...

Radioactive heating is the main energy source of comets residing in the distant parts of the Solar System.
The radioisotopes considered are 40K, 232 Th, 235U, and 238U, in meteoritic abundances, as well as 26Al, in various initial abundances.

www.sciencedirect.com...

Wormwood?

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join