It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SO MUCH FOR DOOMSDAY: Comet Elenin breaking apart...

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by lkpuede

I don't own a smart phone fella, but yeah In my statement I understand the past alignments is a issue - but the Sept 23-26 dates could prove proof positive that sun, earth, comet alignments are real or not real in affecting earthquakes and causing them -

I will be doing this when all day -
and when the few days are over after the comet passes and the real world slaps you in the face I will still be

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
*Sigh* Honestly, what will it take for some people on here to accept that Elenin is just a comet. What will you do in October when it passes harmlessly by, claim that it overshot and that it's going to turn round and come back for another go?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
As much as I hope and wish for an apocalyspe and forcing everyone into a state of the strongest survive, Elenin is not going to do it. Sure, it could, but it's just a comet that is more than likely just going to pass by us harmlessly.

We should worry about what's going in the world right now that we can change, instead of focusing so much brainpower on a comet that may or may not be a space ship or a comet or a planet that houses our creators. Whatever it may be, we can't do jacksh** about it. Just let it be, and we'll know soon enough.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by oxbow
*Sigh* Honestly, what will it take for some people on here to accept that Elenin is just a comet. What will you do in October when it passes harmlessly by, claim that it overshot and that it's going to turn round and come back for another go?

I think that some people on here will always think its not just a comet.Think about it 2013 people will come on here and tell stories about being visited by annaki drakonion devils last year.There is no end to this human behavior of insanity.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sleepypoet
As much as I hope and wish for an apocalyspe and forcing everyone into a state of the strongest survive, Elenin is not going to do it. Sure, it could, but it's just a comet that is more than likely just going to pass by us harmlessly.

We should worry about what's going in the world right now that we can change, instead of focusing so much brainpower on a comet that may or may not be a space ship or a comet or a planet that houses our creators. Whatever it may be, we can't do jacksh** about it. Just let it be, and we'll know soon enough.

Yes sir -

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bjsmi2

Oh no, now what will vonhelton and terral03 and the gang do now. Sheesh, now they're going to have to cook up another doomsday scam. I hope they come up with something new this time. I'm really tired of dying from comets, brown dwarfs, raptured, infected with deadly flu virus, or to die from aliens or thrown into FEMA camps. I"m thinking they need to check into cow farts. There are so many the atmosphere might become saturated with methane and someday someone will light a match and BOOM, the whole world will blow up.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
wait, dont comets naturally break apart? and, what caused it to break apart? Possibly being hit by something? and, if it is broken apart, where are all the pieces going?

so much un answered questions

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmilyP30
What does "elenin" mean?

coupmedia.org...

It's a family name, nothing more, nothing less. There's no reason to think it means anything, unless you believe he was destined to discover the comment, or is a fabricated person for the sole purpose of naming this comment after him., of which both possibilities seem equally remote.

They could have chose any name for the comet, it didn't have to be his last name. Further, who is this 'they' that would have fabricated this identity to name the comet, and for what purpose? It just seems borderline paranoid to think the name of this comet, that was derived from someone's name, can tell us anything about the comet other than who named it. This is similar to all those people who use 'math' and numbers to pro e their crop circles are legit. Once you start splitting numbers and words apart and picking at them, you can find any meaning you are looking for.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

I think that some people on here will always think its not just a comet.Think about it 2013 people will come on here and tell stories about being visited by annaki drakonion devils last year.There is no end to this human behavior of insanity.

And there still will be people arguing that the Earth is flat, that 9/11 was just an awful accident and laughing at people who find recurring coincidences strange. There is no end to this human behaviour of insanity either.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
wait, dont comets naturally break apart? and, what caused it to break apart? Possibly being hit by something? and, if it is broken apart, where are all the pieces going?

so much un answered questions

It may have always been a cluster. It could be the material it is composed of. An ice ball is not the same as a big ball of iron. A cosmic iceberg approaching the sun might melt inconsistently. etc.
edit on 2011/8/30 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteHat
Ouch! This must hurt!

Now I would give anything to see the faces of the Elenin-Nibiru-end-of-the-world supporters; there it goes the last hope

In fact, the disintegration made Elenin more dangerous. If the comet would not have disintegrated, it would just fly by and there could be no harm to us at all. Only by disintegration is the comet becomming potentially dangerous, I already pointed this out in another thread 6 weeks ago:

I think from the trajectory of Elenin it could quite be probable that it will disintegrate (around September) when it is in the range of the Mercury orbit, thats like putting a snow ball in a micro wave. So in late September / October we could be sprayed with the Comet's remains.

More about the possible dangers in my former post here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by Phage
The fragments of a comet follow the same orbit as the comet. Over time, the remnants will separate somewhat but they will still follow more or less the same path. They are just falling through space, there is little to change their path. Cometary disintegration is actually a pretty common phenomenon. If Elenin has broken up the fragments pose no more danger to Earth than the intact comet did.

That's not quite correct, it depends on the size of these fragments. If the comet disintegrates into a very big number of very small fragments then the sun wind would have a noticable effect on the particles. For example a comet's dust tail consists of a very large number of very small "fragments" and the dust tail of a comet clearly does not follow the same orbit as the core of the comet.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Marlow

It is quite correct.
Yes, dust and gas are slight enough in mass to be pushed by the solar wind. Not so much any large fragments, certainly no fragments large enough to pose any threat to Earth. Maybe a meteor shower in 11,000 years or so when (and if) they come back around.

The larger fragments of cometary breakups follow the original orbit. Comet Linear (C/1999 S4) fell to pieces as it neared the Sun. The fragments continued on, so close to the original orbit that they could be found months later, right where they were supposed to be. Comet 73P/Schwassmann-Wachmann 3 has broken into smaller and smaller fragments, all the while following their original orbit.
www.newscientist.com...

However, both those comets are (were) substantially larger than Elenin. If it has broken up, there really won't be any pieces of any significant size around for long.
edit on 8/30/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

hah yeah, no different than any other claim like this... i can hear it already.. "oh no guys, actually elenin is going to hit NEXT year, according to this new information"

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This is by far the BEST Elenin thread ever to grace this board.

Please burn up, disintegrate, just do whatever the hell it takes to disappear from our solar system and the minds of all the retards who cry'' DOOM DOOM DOOM!''

Enlightenment shall be granted when the current topics are devoid of the word ELENIN!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Great I get to live another day!

Cheers

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You are incorrect Phage. The fragments do fan out and that is fact which I will illustrate with a link and quote from NASA.

Assuming a thermal breakup for 73P, Wiegert and colleagues have calculated the most likely trajectory of its dust cloud. Their results: dust should reach Earth in 2022, "producing a minor meteor shower--nothing spectacular. However," he adds, "the ongoing splitting of the comet means new meteoroids are being sent in new directions, so a future strong meteor shower from 73P remains a real possibility."
science.nasa.gov...

A better source I would say.
edit on 30-8-2011 by TheRemedial because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
But but but isn't it a tetrahedral spaceship???

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRemedial

Yes, as I said, the dust gets pushed around by the solar wind. 2022 is the next time the remnants from 73P come around. Since there are still large fragments of 73P (which are still following the original orbit) which continue to breakup there is a chance that the Earth will pass through that trail of debris in the future.

But that has nothing to do with the claim that the fragments of Elenin could pose a threat to Earth.

There's no danger of a collision. "Goodness, no," says Yeomans. "The closest fragment will be about six million miles away--or twenty-five times farther than the Moon." That's close without actually being scary

science.nasa.gov...
And that's 15 million miles closer than any fragments of Elenin would be.

The remnants of Elenin won't come around again for a very long time but maybe in 11,000 years we might run into them and get a nice meteor shower....didn't I just say that>

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteHat

Their faces and their voices will be saying the same thing. That it's divine intervention or intervention from ET or they will just flat out refuse to believe that anything will interfere with their ideas of a dooms day event.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I would like to ask only one question and it would be my last - does anybody see any other possibility other than these two - 'doom' and 'nothing happens'. Is there any chance people grow out of this flat, polarized, black-and-white state of mind?

Everything changes as we speak. As every minute passes nothing stays the same. So there is no chance to predict what is going to happen tomorrow based on what you know today, but you learned yesterday and was discovered the day before. Historic development is accelerating - this is obvious for everyone. Look only at the last two hundred years and compare it with the centuries before. With this mass communication information is flowing with the speed of light and the number of possibilities is growing with every second. Models of thinking are going out of date, estabilished worldviews proven wrong with every passing day, yet people stick with these out-dated models of thinking as if their lives depend on that. Maybe if you let it go you won't die, but just the contrary - live better? Just take a moment to think about that.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join